_____ is greater than Morrigan's
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-08-14 09:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkfire said:
Well imo i have bad enough luck with every other aspect in game, augmenting gear for an end game gear set is way more than i want to gamble. Not to say im a fan of salvage in any way, i personally despise it, but see it as a necessary evil in a way. Idk to me id much rather work toward a known and guaranteed goal then a chance at something i may never get bc of the odds.

Perfectly put
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 09:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Not having to switch => Spellcast :d As for Z.mitts, havent sold since 2004 lolwut ? You expect them to be put on AH lol ? That kind of armor is sold in rolanmart and I'm sure that some sold since 2004...

As for FOV if you're BLM you can pretty much solo your tabs easily, as for the NM fight, you'd need at worse 1 buddy to do it (I'm usually shouting and get a random person, works fine). As for -INT that's as rare as +INT.

Yeah turns out not everyone cheats... and theres no way I can check on how often Zmitts have sold in jueno but seeing as never been on ah its a good indicator. And Ive actually never seen a pair... its hard enough to find NQ sometimes since its such a loss. And I can solo FOV easily on all my 75s... it still takes time and effort I could be doing something else. I can also solo the NM on rdm at the very least maybe my other 75s... but again still takes a bit of time. And sure -int is about as common as +int... however the big +ints that actually break the tie are extrememtly rare. Oh yeah... and how about you can use it on rdm and blu too. Oh and my luck is complete ***. Ive yet to get anything from FOV that I didnt npc
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-14 09:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkfire said:
Well imo i have bad enough luck with every other aspect in game, augmenting gear for an end game gear set is way more than i want to gamble. Not to say im a fan of salvage in any way, i personally despise it, but see it as a necessary evil in a way. Idk to me id much rather work toward a known and guaranteed goal then a chance at something i may never get bc of the odds.

Salvage is way more random than augmenting man. Augmenting item = just keep trying till you get it, nobody can stop/hinder you. Can solo your tabs, NM is pretty easy to kill, you'll always find someone to do it, and weskit doesn't cost much to augment. Like 30K per attempt or something, 30K a day ain't the end of the world.

Now Salvage :

-***barely drops
-Can drop during a run you were missing
-Drama in your group, someone else had moar DKP than you, he gets the morrigan before you
-Super-Drama in your group, 2 or 3 players leave it, need to get new people = need to farm for area you'd done before (like if your group was done with ZR, and new members wants ZR, need to ZR again)
-Hyper-Drama : Leader is a *** and kicks you and/or the group break and need to restart from 0 with a new group.

Add to this that you'll need to be Assault rank 9 in order to do Red vs Blue if you want to be able to Salvage daily (that's the only easy assault that yield enough AP allowing players to Salv daily), won't be able to reach Captain if you haven't done it yet once you'll start salvage since all you'll do is spamming RvB etc... Say goodbye to Nyzul too.

tl;dr : The worst random factor in FF XI is the human one.

---

Z.mitts ain't 20mil lol, was being sold 8-13M in Garuda. Expensive, still affordable.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-14 09:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Urial said:
Blazza said:
Yeah btw, read the name of the thread again, it's not "what's better than morrigan's that's really easy to get?"

OK but if i was going to go trough the pain of spending 20 mil for 5 weskits and z mitts +1 id just go for morrigan. Ive seen 1 pair of z. mitts +1 on ramuh for between 10-20m lol that piece is not worth that money at all.

Erm, they're the best nuking piece in the game, for a dedicated blm, they're worth the 20mil.

Dasva said:
Not to mention even if you do pull it off you still lose macc...

Wtf are you talking about? Neither Morrigan's Body nor legs have any macc at all, so the only macc you're getting is INT. Genie weskit has 6 Elemental skill, so it doesn't matter a damn what formula you're using for calculating macc vs INT, the weskit is going to win. Add 2 MAB to mahatma slops and you're 1 MAB ahead of the mix and match combo Antipika (I think) put together when Selenian combo came out even if you have NQ Zenith gloves instead of HQ. So correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that already putting you ahead of full morrigan's? Add to that the potential (but potentially costly) +5-6 INT on Genie Weskit and you're kicking full morrigan's butt.

If someone is really striving to have the best of the best gear, then you can guarantee that they'll happily spend that 30mil + augmenting genie after genie until they get their INT.

Just because YOU'RE not prepared to do it, doesn't mean that you should be discounting it all so damn easily.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 09:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

Dasva said:
Not to mention even if you do pull it off you still lose macc...

Wtf are you talking about? Neither Morrigan's Body nor legs have any macc at all, so the only macc you're getting is INT. Genie weskit has 6 Elemental skill, so it doesn't matter a damn what formula you're using for calculating macc vs INT, the weskit is going to win. Add 2 MAB to mahatma slops and you're 1 MAB ahead of the mix and match combo Antipika (I think) put together when Selenian combo came out even if you have NQ Zenith gloves instead of HQ. So correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that already putting you ahead of full morrigan's? Add to that the potential (but potentially costly) +5-6 INT on Genie Weskit and you're kicking full morrigan's butt.

Your losing it from the head and the hands... but if you looked at the gear sets I provided youd see that...
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-14 09:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

Your losing it from the head and the hands... but if you looked at the gear sets I provided youd see that...

You get 2 MaCC from AMKE head and 5 skill from NQ weskit, difference with full morrigan is roughly 2 skill. (if taking 0.9 macc = 1 skill)

---

Also the difference with Salvage and augmenting item is that Salvage suck up at least 2 hours a day, at a set time, meaning you'll have to stop w/e you're doing irl in order to log on for salvage etc... Can skip yeah, but if you skip often you'll never see the end of the tunnel.

And 2hr is if you have a group with punctual players, which was never my case, we had at least 30min+ delay everyday. Salvage ate me 2h30+ hours a day, daily, for almost a year. Add the Assault pre-requisite, 3hr/day.

Augmenting item ? *** lol I log on when I want, do my tabs, AFK/do other things while waiting for the next day, way more comfy. Wanna skip ? No repercussion since there's no DKP and it's not like you'll miss a drop or something.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 09:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever chances are Ill actually go for augments eventually just cause getting a shell that last for morrigans is... well frankly I dont really have the schedule for it in the future and dont like being tied down like that over game stuff
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-14 09:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So after QQ'ing all this time about how I'm wrong about augments potentially being better (not to mention way way way more accessible and cheaper if you're augmenting errant and Igqira as opposed to Mahatma and Genie), you're now changing your mind and you're gonna QQ over how much your life sucks because it prevents you from doing salvage instead?

Make up your mind or go and cut yourself or something, ***.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 09:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
So after QQ'ing all this time about how I'm wrong about augments potentially being better (not to mention way way way more accessible and cheaper if you're augmenting errant and Igqira as opposed to Mahatma and Genie), you're now changing your mind and you're gonna QQ over how much your life sucks because it prevents you from doing salvage instead?

Make up your mind or go and cut yourself or something, ***.

So after reading all that you actually didnt read any of it and decided to just make stuff up gj blazza I salute the strength of your arrogance.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-14 09:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Which part did I make up exactly? The only bit that hasn't happened is you cutting yourself, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 09:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Which part did I make up exactly? The only bit that hasn't happened is you cutting yourself, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Blazza said:
So after QQ'ing all this time about how I'm wrong about augments potentially being better you're now changing your mind

Here Ill go with my first real post on numbers
Dasva said:
Antipika said:
Argettio said:
OK just to clear a few things up.

5/5 morrigan's (no matter what else you are wearing in other slots) is the best max damage set in the game when you don't have weather/day bonuses.

K try again. With augmented gear, this is over.

Mix and match +25 int +15MAB +2Macc
Full morrigan +25int +15MAB +10 Macc

So without a bit of luck on genie weskit or mahat legs...

Oh look Im not disagreeing that augments could be better... omg

Blazza said:
and you're gonna QQ over how much your life sucks because it prevents you from doing salvage instead?

Dasva said:
Whatever chances are Ill actually go for augments eventually just cause getting a shell that last for morrigans is... well frankly I dont really have the schedule for it in the future and dont like being tied down like that over game stuff

I dare you to find how Im saying my life sucks in there.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-14 09:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What a *** random collection of quotes. Especially considering your main point in that post was after a ninja edit...

Your very last quote is so *** full of emo I'm surprised the post hasn't cut itself.

I can't be bothered arguing with your emo-ness anymore, going to go to bed and do something that's about 100 times more stimulating: nothing.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 09:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
What a *** random collection of quotes. Especially considering your main point in that post was after a ninja edit...

Your very last quote is so *** full of emo I'm surprised the post hasn't cut itself.

I can't be bothered arguing with your emo-ness anymore, going to go to bed and do something that's about 100 times more stimulating: nothing.

That edit has been there the whole time.
Lol yep you couldnt find anything so just call it emo. Btw my schedule temporarily changing is actually a good thing... possibly very good and fairly permanent. But good work at just staring proof in the face and giving it a big fat NUH UH.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-14 09:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Lol yep you couldnt find anything so just call it emo.

Believe what you want you dumbass emo ***. I calls it like I sees it, no excuses required.

Seriously, if you honestly think I'm being unfair on you then you need to take a step back and have a good hard look at yourself, because you are by far the biggest QQ'ing whiny *** on these boards.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 09:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Dasva said:
Lol yep you couldnt find anything so just call it emo.

Believe what you want you dumbass emo ***. I calls it like I sees it, no excuses required.

Seriously, if you honestly think I'm being unfair on you then you need to take a step back and have a good hard look at yourself, because you are by far the biggest QQ'ing whiny *** on these boards.

And your the biggest *** on these boards. And constantly just make up conculsions on your own discount anything else that actually happened
 Seraph.Gael
Server: Seraph
user: Gael
By Seraph.Gael 2009-08-14 09:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why noone talk about Valkyrie's Trews ? you can easily beat 5/5 morrigan with that in a mixed set... it's not harder to get it than zenith mitts +1

An other thing : how you can compare 2 item and do a generality ? Nashira crackows dont beat goliard and goliard dont beat nashira...
You have to see your general stats and see if you have enought skill, go with goliard, if not go with nashira...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 09:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think anyone bother with the trews cause well has anyone even seen an HQ? Hell I dont think Ive even seen a NQ lol
Oh and ninja edit: Depending on gear and race and merits and what your fighting and what spell your casting 5macc/mab might actually be about the same or worse then 10int
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-14 10:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
And your the biggest *** on these boards. And constantly just make up conculsions on your own discount anything else that actually happened

No, I'm one of the biggest ***-holes, but I don't make conclusions out of nothing, it's just in your nature to see it that way because you're too busy crying to actually open your eyes. Anyway, enough of killing this thread, take it to PM if you really have something you need to say to me.

Gael said:
Why noone talk about Valkyrie's Trews ? you can easily beat 5/5 morrigan with that in a mixed set... it's not harder to get it than zenith mitts +1

An other thing : how you can compare 2 item and do a generality ? Nashira crackows dont beat goliard and goliard dont beat nashira...
You have to see your general stats and see if you have enought skill, go with goliard, if not go with nashira...

On Valkyrie's Trews, that's a good point. I personally was just going off the top of my head comparing to armour sets that other people had already put together before the potential of augmentation was realised, as this is very similar to a discussion that we had quite recently.

We've also gotten away from the fact that it was initially a rdm asking. Morrigan's debates inevitably turn to raw BLM power debates, which is what this discussion has turned into. So yes, in a lot of situations there's better gear to use than certain morrigan's pieces.
 Lakshmi.Chantal
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aprili
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-08-14 10:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Err just an fyi .9 macc = 1 skill isn't true lol. Dunno where that rumor started but mages aren't melees :P

http://robonosto.blogspot.com/2008/12/give-me-data-or-give-me.html

Kind of a complex read but it's all in there.
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-08-14 10:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Chantal said:
Err just an fyi .9 macc = 1 skill isn't true lol. Dunno where that rumor started but mages aren't melees :P

BTW, no one has mentioned that new Moon hat. Is it not as good as we hoped?

*just ninja'd this post like 4 times*
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 10:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

What I cant hear you over the sound of your delusions.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 10:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Chantal said:

Last I heard the testing was inconclusive... and yes selenian is pimp
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-14 10:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
Chantal said:

Yeah we have, it's pretty much where a lot of this argument spawns from. Because the 4 INT 2 MAB combination is what allows a blm to potentially match full morrigan's without any morrigan's in standard conditions, but that discussion started before we realised you could get +6 INT on a weskit or +2 MAB on mahatma legs.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-14 10:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Chantal said:

Kind of a complex read but it's all in there.

Already read and never said it was "true", it's a damn approximation. Been talking about that already. It's just like you use for reference 1 MaB ~= 2-3 INT.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-08-14 10:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:

Listen again dumbass, that's the sound of your own incessant whinging.

Good night everyone that's not an emo retard.
 Midgardsormr.Darkfire
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Darkfire
By Midgardsormr.Darkfire 2009-08-14 10:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, Shadow/Valkyrie Trews are an amazing piece. If we're going from a rdm viewpoint, again INT can sometimes be abundant so the option of MAB/Macc could be useful.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 10:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Dasva said:

Listen again dumbass, that's the sound of your own incessant whinging.

Good night everyone that's not an emo retard.

Correction I cant hear you over your own delusions that support you being the biggest *** ever
 Lakshmi.Chantal
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aprili
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-08-14 10:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Already read and never said it was "true", it's a damn approximation. Been talking about that already. It's just like you use for reference 1 MaB ~= 2-3 INT.

Well personally I'm not a fan of 1 MAB = 2~3 INT approximation, but, in this case there's no reason to approximate. 1 skill is 1 macc, there's no reason not to treat it as such.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-14 10:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Chantal said:
Antipika said:

Well personally I'm not a fan of 1 MAB = 2~3 INT approximation, but, in this case there's no reason to approximate. 1 skill is 1 macc, there's no reason not to treat it as such.

I'd like to know how can you be so certain really, these tests has been run using ***tier range of elemental skill (= no blm cares about accuracy, when you take in consideration 230-275 Ele skill range).

What matters is the HNM tier, 310-340 Elemental Skill range, anything below = why would I worry about getting +0.9% instead of +1% when I'm killing pudding and already capping my hit rate.

As for MaB i'm not a fan either, and if you read my previous post you should know that. Still it's a convenient way to quickly compare two build.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-0209765201661192%3Arg9le0-4lve&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=x+INT+%3D+y+MAB&sa=Search
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 10:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Chantal said:
Antipika said:

Yeah really it kinda depends on too much... I mean I tend to do more dmg on most my nukes on most mobs with 4int prism cape then 2MAB solitaire...