_____ is greater than Morrigan's
 Lakshmi.Chantal
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aprili
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-08-14 11:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
I'd like to know how can you be so certain really, these tests has been run using ***tier range of elemental skill (= no blm cares about accuracy, when you take in consideration 230-275 Ele skill range).

What matters is the HNM tier, 310-340 Elemental Skill range, anything below = why would I worry about getting +0.9% instead of +1% when I'm killing pudding and already capping my hit rate.

As for MaB i'm not a fan either, and if you read my previous post you should know that. Still it's a convenient way to quickly compare two build.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pub-0209765201661192%3Arg9le0-4lve&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=x+INT+%3D+y+MAB&sa=Search

I understand that HNM nuking is what matters. But if 1 skill is 1 macc under 300, what basis do you have to assume it is 0.9 macc over 300? Where is *your* testing, what is the reasoning for your hypothesis, etc. It wouldn't follow any pattern already in the game itself.

The reason the 1 skill = 0.9 macc came about is because that's how it works for melee accuracy. 1 melee skill above 200 is 0.9 melee accuracy. So, people assumed that it would work the same way for mages. But, it doesn't. Now only people who missed the memo keep thinking 1 skill is 0.9 macc (in my opinion it would be much more probably for it to equal 0.5 macc above 300, if it isn't 1 to 1). I'll gladly eat my words if you can provide some data/testing to support your claim, but otherwise, it's just a bad rumor that's already been disproven.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 11:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it even really matter? I mean even if you had a crap ton of macc(not counting staff) say idk 20ish that make the difference of a whole whooping 2 skill depending on who is right
 Lakshmi.Chantal
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-08-14 11:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is he's just making random assumptions that are completely wrong, when there's no point to make them in the first place. And he gives people who aren't sure that read this thread the wrong idea.

And 2 macc is very important, at least for me. I'm a RDM not a BLM :P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 11:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Chances are your not wearing that much macc either...I wear alot on my nuking set... pretty much ever peice taht doesnt have alot of int/mab on it that has some decent amount and I only come up with 10
 Lakshmi.Chantal
By Lakshmi.Chantal 2009-08-14 11:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

On my Bind set for RDM I have +40 skill. That's a 4 macc difference for me; so it'd be like taking off my mahatma slops. Pretty big difference in my opinion.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-08-14 11:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well yeah the thing is though you can get lots and lots of skill... but not much macc
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-08-14 15:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Chantal said:

I understand that HNM nuking is what matters. But if 1 skill is 1 macc under 300, what basis do you have to assume it is 0.9 macc over 300?

Because just like pretty much everything in this game, there's a softcap somewhere, and after reaching a certain value, bigger numbers become less and less efficient. It's pretty safe to assume that the function ain't linear, or we could reach HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE accuracy value after 340 or something.

Quote:
Now only people who missed the memo keep thinking 1 skill is 0.9 macc (in my opinion it would be much more probably for it to equal 0.5 macc above 300, if it isn't 1 to 1). I'll gladly eat my words if you can provide some data/testing to support your claim, but otherwise, it's just a bad rumor that's already been disproven..

I'd like to know how this can have been disproven since you have no data... You're just assuming like everyone. As for the "2 MaCC matters to me", lol really, you wouldn't notice a difference unless making thousands of trials. Yeah such a big deal.

Sure if I can get more, it's not like I'd refuse, but I just don't understand people going like "zomg 2 MaCC ! SO IMPORTANT !"

But well I already said this in the past, would be nice to browse for previous posts before posting too :d

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=1735&page=2#23035
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=1501&lp=1#16601

The difference between you and me is that I'm saying that's an approximation , since we have no data concerning decent ele skill range and you goes like "that dude said 230-275 was working that way, therefore it's working that way for 310-340+").
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2009-08-17 11:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

the best advice : just do the gear you want cause no one care about blm anymore ;x w
 Lakshmi.Pud
user: Pud
By Lakshmi.Pud 2009-08-17 11:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilbusta said:
For you right now...hmmm...

Genie Weskit if you have the gil or if you don't go for the NQ weskit. That should hold you until you can get morrigans. I haven't seen a BLM run around with a Yigit body on my server.

Genie is a huge waste of gil...

If you have that kind of gil to spend, there are much better ways to blow 2.5 mill than on 1MAB and 1 Ele skill