First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-01 23:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, Wyrms traditionally ***on RNG dmg.

I hope Tenzen isn't a zerg and the Chebukkis are actually part of the fight.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-04-01 23:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Uh, Wyrms traditionally ***on RNG dmg.

I hope Tenzen isn't a zerg and the Chebukkis are actually part of the fight.

Yes and the 3 tarus behind us on the rail will be casting.....

MEE!
TEE!
ORR!
[+]
By pchan 2014-04-02 02:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I can tell you the setups :

Ouryu = PLD WHM RNGx3 BRD (flies)
Tenzen = MNK/NIN x 4 WHM BRD

The difference between AA fight might be that buff wear off upon entry (finally) IIRC.

Don't expect much from the drops though, we saw how they failed the last 2 sky BCNMs... Hopefully there will be a couple of good gear to keep us busy, because delve2 only took me 30 minute to cap on gear ><
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-04-02 02:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »

The difference between AA fight might be that buff wear off upon entry (finally) IIRC.

People still use mnk in this game ?
If ouryu spam invincible might need blm or sch setup on higher difficulty.
By pchan 2014-04-02 02:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You will never bring BLM in any 6 man bcnm where you fight against the clock. Even the best BLM get max resisted on VD AA so..
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-02 02:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You will never bring BLM in any 6 man bcnm where you fight against the clock. Even the best BLM get max resisted on VD AA so..
says the person that only has MNK leveled...
[+]
By bigdave1978 2014-04-02 02:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the old ouryu way was smn or blm
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-04-02 03:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
A lot of people would like a change in party setup/strategy. That doesn't make it realistic. These fights are terribly designed and will continue to be poorly designed as long as people keep excusing it.
You keep posting how the fights are PLD RNG RNG RNG WHM BRD only...but theyre not.

D and VD are due to the NM's doing such ridiculous damage that melee's in full PDT don't survive very long. The only melee DD that stands a chance is MNK and even then it's 50/50 on anything non-GK.

The fights aren't "hard", they are standard NM's with only MR and TT having any sort of different battle mechanic. The NM's are cheap with attacks that kill you regardless of your gear. I wasn't joking about those numbers, on N they are rough but survivable, on D/VD it's not going to happen (especially HM and MR).
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-04-02 04:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't expect much from the drops though, we saw how they failed the last 2 sky BCNMs... Hopefully there will be a couple of good gear to keep us busy, because delve2 only took me 30 minute to cap on gear ><

Failed the last 2 sky bcnm drops lulwut? Oh wait they dont drop mnk gear now I understand...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-04-02 04:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the Vanir gear is very tasty, would definitely not call the BCNMs a fail.
 Shiva.Rucks
Server: Shiva
user: Seravolk
By Shiva.Rucks 2014-04-02 06:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-04-02 07:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Original Ouryu Strat This was the strat we used back at lvl 75. I don't recall using any RNG's on the wyrm NMs.
What he said but we used PLD/RDM's x2
 Leviathan.Syagin
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-04-02 07:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Uh, Wyrms traditionally ***on RNG dmg. I hope Tenzen isn't a zerg and the Chebukkis are actually part of the fight.
Definitly think it will be a zerg, because in the last fight he did Cosmic Elucidation that will end the fight right after.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-02 07:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I hate to go on a Pchan-agreement spree, even if your BLM is somehow able to keep up with a reasonably buffed melee, you're still going to be severely(and uniquely) limited by enmity generation. The job desperately needs a Decoy Shot-esque ability if it's going to have a place in current or future content outside of the occasional proc gimmick.
 Leviathan.Joyroth
By Leviathan.Joyroth 2014-04-02 08:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »

As much as I hate to go on a Pchan-agreement spree, even if your BLM is somehow able to keep up with a reasonably buffed melee, you're still going to be severely(and uniquely) limited by enmity generation. The job desperately needs a Decoy Shot-esque ability if it's going to have a place in current or future content outside of the occasional proc gimmick.

BLM has Subtle Sorcery already. Perhaps in the future SE will drop the recast on this through the Job Point system. But I highly doubt it.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-04-02 09:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No ones ever tested it, and its one of looked over things, but Cover either steals some enmity or lowers the enmity of the covered person. This was changed like 3 years ago, just no one cared because no one used pld back then.
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-02 10:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Joyroth said: »
BLM has Subtle Sorcery already. Perhaps in the future SE will drop the recast on this through the Job Point system. But I highly doubt it.

We also need people who will test new Ancient Magic enmity values. They were changed in one of the previous updates but were never re-tested.
By Chyula 2014-04-02 10:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

SE won't do ***to fix blm, the reason SE nerfed BLM was to stop people from bringing an army of blm to events only.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-02 10:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

k
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-04-02 10:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
A lot of people would like a change in party setup/strategy. That doesn't make it realistic. These fights are terribly designed and will continue to be poorly designed as long as people keep excusing it.
You keep posting how the fights are PLD RNG RNG RNG WHM BRD only...but theyre not.

D and VD are due to the NM's doing such ridiculous damage that melee's in full PDT don't survive very long. The only melee DD that stands a chance is MNK and even then it's 50/50 on anything non-GK.

The fights aren't "hard", they are standard NM's with only MR and TT having any sort of different battle mechanic. The NM's are cheap with attacks that kill you regardless of your gear. I wasn't joking about those numbers, on N they are rough but survivable, on D/VD it's not going to happen (especially HM and MR).
D and VD have been done faster with non-ranger groups actually.
NINx3, THF, BRD, WHM or
NINx3, SMN, BRD, WHM or
NINx3, COR, BRD, WHM
are all very good for VD AA's.
I haven't read of anyone doing this yet, but it would be fun to try NINx3, PLD, BRD, WHM and have your ninjas sub dragoon for hate shedding.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-04-02 10:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »

People did all AA VD with melee without mnk and won
By pchan 2014-04-02 11:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

after 10 attempts
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-02 11:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

He's been told this, multiple times. Doesn't want to acknowledge he and the people he plays with are bads. So ignorance is bliss.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-02 13:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Joyroth said: »
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »

That would solve absolutely nothing. They need to be able to divert, or dump so quickly that the tank's enmity simply isn't important. Even running High Jump and Enmity Douse on recast(which puts them in significant danger), they're contributing a fraction of what a RNG would before causing things to run around

They basically need to scrap Subtle Sorcery as an SP ability, make it virtually identical to Decoy Shot, and call it a day.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-04-02 14:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sisko said: »
Here they come :

Link

----

Brb, need merits :)
Not sure whether to laugh or cry at this addition. :/
This is life support..I know this has been the case for a while now, but I hoped SE would surprise me somehow later on.
 Phoenix.Devdas
Server: Phoenix
user: Devdas
By Phoenix.Devdas 2014-04-02 19:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if this opinion overall is that of the minority or not but I have no issue with either them rehashing these old fights or the basic strategy of throw rangers at stuff. It's pretty much how the stages of this game have gone since the beginning with certain jobs/strategies being optimal while others being subpar at best. Only difference now is that they throw in VE/E/N as a solution for those who don't have the jobs leveled to do the more difficult versions. I'm not sure how this is different than it ever was for any other event in this game... (i.e. Doing old school Ouryu without Black Mages available etc etc.) Jobs fluctuate and it wasn't to long ago in VW/Delve where regular melee were king and rangers were non-existent. Don't have ranger? That stinks level it or bard, cor, pld, whm. Don't want to level/gear those jobs then do the lower difficulty and have a lower chance at drops... At least you still have a chance at doing the event.

Plus being a player who did these events back at 75 I am glad to see the fights come back. It's a great nostalgia for me as a player and I enjoy that immensely plus with a playerbase that ranges from then to starting in the Abyssea era to just now, some people haven't even heard of Ouryu or Tenzen asides from the several seconds it took them to two shot them when doing the CoP missions for a ring, so for some of them it's a brand new fight all together. Bring on D/VD Bahamut next!!!!!!
[+]
By pchan 2014-04-03 01:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The only alliance bc they released so far is DM, I doubt they will repeat the mistake considering nobody does it.
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-04-03 03:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

im more interested in job related equipment... hope they arent really terrible to obtain..... id love pup to have something amazing i been stuck with the WKR for awhile
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-04-03 03:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Well judging by the THF dagger and BRD harp stats, they should be decent.

Priran@BG said:
Dmg:102, Delay:200, AGI+10, Evasion+22, Dagger/Parrying Skill+242, M.Acc skill+188, Enmity-10, WSD+5%, TH+1

harp is +1 song effect

They're also apparently adding RUN and GEO mythic weapons in May along with hard mode Gessho and that mamool you fight in AU missions.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140403_641936.html

Don't expect much if you have R/M/E or something though. They won't be better than those.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krysten
user: Krysten
By Leviathan.Krysten 2014-04-03 03:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

was hoping gessho would end up a trust lol. yag npc would be awesome to have
[+]