First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-04-01 14:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

amadis said: »
Actually Mischief 1st solo'd it on normal the day it came out with a Antian Staff and many people have done it on SCH since

I see one video of it done solo on normal. There arent many videos out there of TT done solo on youtube, but heres what I found:
MNK/DNC on VE
SCH/??? on Easy
A duo on Normal, of rdm/nin? x2. A duo of two brains is better than a 3box of 1 brain. You can use various tools to automate things, but that will only take you so far.

So if its been done "many times since", I cant find any proof of it.

Let me recap this:
people *** about how this content is going to be more "PLD RNG WHM BRD" only
People *** about drop rates

I retort to these two primary complaints that "any non-stupid group of 6 should be able to clear any of these BC's on difficult, which has a guaranteed drop slot of armor. I point out my near-successes 3boxing them on NORMAL (to which I admitted I had flawed runs, and have taken steps to adjust it), as a basis of how a group of 6 humans should clear Difficult.

And its followed up with "stop whining" and "lol you failed to kill TT on normal with 3".

Tell me again how I'm *** derailing?
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-04-01 14:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I'd be interested to see Tenzen's BC drop his great katana, if nothing else.... ....WITH SAYA.
Phoenix blade... im not even a sam but what I would give just to see it :O Really hope they make it look super cool!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-01 14:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I'd be interested to see Tenzen's BC drop his great katana, if nothing else.... ....WITH SAYA.
Phoenix blade... im not even a sam but what I would give just to see it :O Really hope they make it look super cool!

They've never shown any hesitance about continuing to pamper samurai (I'm not complaining; I am one), but ANOTHER great endgame weapon for samurai seems excessive at this point.

That said, it will be interesting. Nexus/Fulcrum fights have drops that are certainly good, but nothing on the level that people seem to be clamouring to do them the way they still do with the AAs. I look forward to seeing what they add.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-04-01 15:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Please don't derail this thread with more AA fights. There's already another thread for that.

I'm hoping Ouryu is a huge nukefest with BLMs.

It's not derailing. The high-level battlefields all suffer from the same problems. If you know anything about these two fights I don't know how you can think they'll be any different.

You can hope it is a BLM nukefest all you want but it will be PLD[Ochain+Aegis] RNGx3[119 Relic] WHM BRD[Empyrean].
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-01 15:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Nynja don't take everything so seriously. You sound like you're totally irritated because someone else suggested another SCH could solo it on normal. Probably not the biggest insult in the world, but I digress.

To Zerowone's point: I really hope Ouryu fight is BLU friendly. i could see More Dart spams in my future ^^;
By Voren 2014-04-01 15:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Well this thread escalated quickly.....

My former post had an error in it, I can concede the point that some want the ubber challenge, which I fully support challenging content for those that want it and can understand their desire for it (FFXIV is way too easy, so I understand) but there does need to be a middle ground some where.

New and current content may not require pld, whm, brd, and upteen rngs as dd, but shouts aren't for anything else. If I shout for a group and I go BLU I'll be shouting until SE adjusts difficulty and nerfs content, it's that simple and no amount of "get gud" talk is going to change that.

It's not that my BLU sucks, on the contrary, i'm decent.....I'm no Draylo, but I hold my own. I'd be a 119 almace BLU if I could get past friggin apademak (I'd give my right nut for a nerf on him), but other than that no joy on r/m/e. I have sparks gear, skirmish gear, I can do delve without a problem (6 manned some bosses already), but not many want one for plasma runs, so no joy on obtaining that gear. So pretty much I'm looking at the new upcoming content and going "fml, more crap I won't be invited to, yay".

Not trying to QQ all over the place, but it gets a tad frustrating and even more so when people basically say "life sucks get a helmet".
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-04-01 15:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Bismarck.Keityan said: »
You would be surprised with the type of dynamics that some of the fights post-AA are. The amount of viable set-ups are actually quite diverse. People are winning these with NIN's, SMN's, Various Melee, THF, BLM along with the typical PLD BRD RNG WHM standard and it's still unclear what the superior set-up is.
You mention post-AA (and that's certainly relevant to flexibility on other new battlefields), but even on the AAs themselves there's a lot more flexibility than people are willing to admit. I've won every AA on Difficult using PUP, and have an LS friend who usually comes on DRG. Both actually work really well as DD (Ventriloquy and High Jump are really helpful for shedding hate). The issue in my small LS is a lack of well geared RNGs, I'm basically the only one with a decent 119 RNG and it's sort of annoying to have just one RNG and different buffs for everyone. So we manage with atypical DDs and we do OK. COR SMN NIN MNK THF DNC: all of these are also very much viable AA options. I'm sure people could manage to use other jobs like BLU RDM SCH. We even bring a friend on DRK (with Eminent GS) sometimes and still manage to get D wins, and that's really not a very great AA job. Try building your own groups with people you know rather than just assuming the only way to get a win is to join a random shout seeking the cookie-cutter build. PLD WHM BRD are certainly nice no matter what, but even then maybe not completely necessary. GK with 3x MNK/NIN and a SMN using EA? Sure! NIN? Tanks fine on some of them! Got no PLD around but enough RNG/NIN? You can do AA TT without a tank easily. Don't have BRD handy? You can probably still manage with a COR. I'd be surprised if a group was lacking WHMs at this stage in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a RDM or SCH able to handle the required healing if really necessary. It's definitely true that VD are a lot more demanding on setup, and PLD WHM BRD RNG x2-3 and CORx0-1 is pretty hard to beat. But you can still manage Difficult fights with decent drop rates without the generic setup...

AA Fights themselves are not hard. It's when you throw an alliance together to kill 5 of them in 30min that they become weaponskill happy and AoE spammy to the point where shadows aren't keeping up on your melee DDs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-01 15:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouryu is a battle made for Ranger.

Most of the rest aren't, majority of playerbase made it so because they suck.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-01 15:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »
New and current content may not require pld, whm, brd, and upteen rngs as dd, but shouts aren't for anything else. If I shout for a group and I go BLU I'll be shouting until SE adjusts difficulty and nerfs content, it's that simple and no amount of "get gud" talk is going to change that. It's not that my BLU sucks, on the contrary, i'm decent.....I'm no Draylo, but I hold my own. I'd be a 119 almace BLU if I could get past friggin apademak (I'd give my right nut for a nerf on him),....
So pretty much I'm looking at the new upcoming content and going "fml, more crap I won't be invited to, yay". Not trying to QQ all over the place, but it gets a tad frustrating and even more so when people basically say "life sucks get a helmet".

Oh man, I hope I don't sound like a complete jerk when I say this but:

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! I'll be the first to admit that BLU certainly is not first on anyone's priority list, and likely won't change, but that doesn't mean your progress should be stunted? I said it before, I have formed my own runs for Diff on various AAs and BCs on BLU. I even bought my Buramenk'ah COMPLETELY THROUGH SHARD FARMING/EATING from auction house (although TTOF helped me get the win). At this point in the game, sometimes you have to get creative to just help yourself. Nobody is going to hand anything to you, especially on a job that isn't respected in the community.

But back to your point about Apademak. Besides the fact that you can use atmas, sub RUN, practically buy pops for this guy at 200k or so a pop and brew the hell out of it over and over again (because you know, Cruor is 100% worthless and drops like candy from voidwatch fights), I'm actually starting to think you don't really want to put the effort into your main job.

If BLU is your main, then go full BLU. Form delve parties/plasm runs, fight fracture bosses, do VW til your eyes freaking bleed for gil and cruor, and then convert those into brews and pops for your sword. I mean, I apologize, but I really want some of you players to take a second and think outside the box sometimes. This game is NOT THAT HARD as some people make it out to be. Maybe I oversimplify things sometimes, idk. But ***, complaining about what you feel like you'll never get accomplished is just about the worst attitude toward this game I have ever read.

I totally can understand the frustration too, because I'm a career BLU, former RNG and THF for VNM turned SAM for delve farming (back when 8000/run was good) turned MNK/COR for Boss fights turned GEO for delve invites (back when we had a place in 18man), and now im back fulltiming my BLU. Its not an easy life we live, but sometimes you have to do ***on your own, get creative, pay someone to help you get it done, or just level something else to improve your main.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-01 15:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfao @ nerf to Apademak.
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-01 15:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Please don't derail this thread with more AA fights. There's already another thread for that.

I'm hoping Ouryu is a huge nukefest with BLMs.

It's not derailing. The high-level battlefields all suffer from the same problems. If you know anything about these two fights I don't know how you can think they'll be any different.

You can hope it is a BLM nukefest all you want but it will be PLD[Ochain+Aegis] RNGx3[119 Relic] WHM BRD[Empyrean].
It's derailing when you're talking about specific high tier fights i.e. AA and the same two people go back and forth on each other.

And yes, I am very familiar with AA and DM on VD setting because I am the PLD that tanks them. I have also fought the original Ouryu and Tenzen and the setups were different. I could careless what the ideal set-up SHOULD be. I think people for once would like a change in party setup/strategy.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-01 15:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly fell out of my chair when I read that!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-04-01 16:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people would like a change in party setup/strategy. That doesn't make it realistic. These fights are terribly designed and will continue to be poorly designed as long as people keep excusing it.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2014-04-01 16:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

On Bismarck, BLUs end up doing rather well in most of the AA fights - so long as they are sufficiently geared for the content.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-04-01 16:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of people would like a change in party setup/strategy. That doesn't make it realistic. These fights are terribly designed and will continue to be poorly designed as long as people keep excusing it.
You keep posting how the fights are PLD RNG RNG RNG WHM BRD only...but theyre not.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-04-01 16:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who says they're not is oversimplifying it or being intentionally misleading.

I'm looking at you, people who use outside BRDs and CORs.
 Bismarck.Keityan
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-04-01 16:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Ouryu is a battle made for Ranger.

Most of the rest aren't, majority of playerbase made it so because they suck.

I wonder if SE will purposely counter this like how they did with Tiamat/Joru/Vrtra during RNG's prime. (When they were released, they innately had 50% against ranged damage. In fact this may still be true)

It would be interesting if they would take -50% damage when they are on the ground and only normal damage when it is flying. This concept would necessitate different damage at different phases of the fight.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-01 16:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Original Ouryu Strat

This was the strat we used back at lvl 75. I don't recall using any RNG's on the wyrm NMs.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-04-01 17:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but while RNG has drastically improved BLM has not. With the focus on non-melee damage it will be a very favorable fight for RNGs.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-04-01 17:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Syagin said: »
PLD/RDM welcome back.
I may be kinda derailing here but...

Wut? I do not see in any way how this update would call for PLD/RDM. The sub is just as pointless as it's been since SE nerfed the enmity on RDM enfeebling spells. And since PLD got phalanx natively right after the level cap increase, it has no defensive advantages.

The sole remaining niche for PLD/RDM is MP intensive solo(meaning you need refresh/convert) where you can't wear Ochain. That's a pretty narrow niche.

Pardon the derail, but that really made me go "wut?"
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-04-01 17:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who says they're not is oversimplifying it or being intentionally misleading.

I'm looking at you, people who use outside BRDs and CORs.
You dont need outside brd and cor to beat D fights with a standard setup.

VD is an entirely different ballpark.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-01 17:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@Hsieh

Because Annihilator/Yoichinoyumi RNG were simply too rare those days to have in as average setup, and back then, RNG without relic had pretty bad ways of dealing with Enmity.

Completely different story, with or without a relic, these days.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-01 17:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A number of reasons why Ranger will shine in the Ouryu battle, but this doesn't account for any possible gimmicks to force diversity:

*The obvious safe and steady damage.

*Max potential damage throughout the battle (Land/Flight.)
-Possible gimmicks to this part.

*Avoids DPS drops in the form of being petrified (though easily dealt with), terrorized (possibly possess HQ version of Absolute Terror, which is AoE) and full dispel (massive hit to DPS, very likely possess HQ Horrid Roar).
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-01 17:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

actually, the only real advantage is that ranged attacks can hit Ouryu while it's flying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-01 17:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm aware that's the main advantage, yes.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-01 17:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we can keep speculating and bash other people's speculation over something that can't be tested at the moment.

Anyone will be able to beat Ouryu because we will throw Mismelts at it.

END OF STORY.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-01 18:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Those worked in the higher tier version? I honestly don't remember, but yeah that would be handy, if they allow it.

Anyone can beat it even if RNG turns out is particularly optimal anyway, so, yeah.

Edit: So yeah, it appears that mistmelt do work in both versions of Ouryu, completely forgot about this item, and actually didn't know it could be used against him in upper tier battle. Probably on the account my groups never used it.

There's a decent chance they'll be once again usable, I'd say maybe not though, being it a possible gimmick that Ouryu ignores it this time around. May not even want Ouryu grounded alot, we'll have to see what it brings, pretty exciting.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gencay
user: Gencay
By Quetzalcoatl.Gencay 2014-04-01 18:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN x 6 VS Ouryu? xD
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2014-04-01 22:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

all I hear is Ouryu flying and people crying about it, I'm glad I finally saw a mistmelt spam get tossed out there! People going to be back to murdering hypos for tailfeathers! I'm wondering if the worms are going to be badass casting slowgas and stoneja V or something.

Then again, some of the new folks don't even know what a mistmelt is, or that folks used to have inventory nightmares wearing level cap gear to fight Ouryu in CoP...oh how I miss those...wait no I don't. (omg not more redoing CoP 60000 times flashbacks).

As for Tenzen? Please just let me climb the railing and attack the tarus....