[Dev1194] New High-tier mission battlefields
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2014-04-01 11:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You sound salty.

But I generally agree. I don't think anyone here ever said "youre a bad player if you dont have a 119 item". That's a silly assumption.

Why is this topic regurgitated on every post? Bad players are bad regardless of what they wear. The same applies for good players, except the latter will work towards improving their jobs skills and equipment, if only incrementally, at least to an improvement that makes a noticeable difference.

But the stubbornly bad players, they are just bad.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-04-01 11:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aselin said: »
Oh look, another thread about elitist players telling how casual players should play this game.

Elitist players = /blacklist

You don't pay for my monthly payment or the monthly payment of others, and you can't dictate how I or any other casual player should play the game. My time is my own, not yours. Players are free to go at their own pace. We may not have Relic or Mythic weapons, but these are still GOOD players for *** sakes! NOT EVERYONE are in hardcore Linkshells like myself to get the gear and upgrades they want each day!

Not EVERY player has the time to level ALL JOBS (namely PLD/BRD/WHM/RNG are "all jobs" in 2014) to 99, get them fully merited, geared to 109 or 119 item level, and get more than two Relic weapons and upgrade them to 119 while trying to get EXP, Merits, Sparks, Dynamis Currencies, and Seals to do AA, SKCNMs, and upgrade Relics at the same time while dealing with real life demands and issues, a job, raising kids, or deal with their own medical conditions AND STILL have time for food and 4 to 8 hours of sleep.

GROW A GODDAMN BRAIN AND BE MORE SYMPATHETIC TO OTHER PLAYERS.

WE ARE NOT ALL HARDDCORE ELITIST JERKS THAT PLAY 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

NOT ALL PLAYERS ARE THE SAME! Get that through your thick skulls.

This isn't 2005, you don't need to be playing 24hrs a day to get good gear or have clears to high end content. Everything is pretty much instance based now.

I'm not sure whether I'm a hardcore player or a casual player. I guess I'm a casual player playing "hardcore" content under your description. But it's contradictory since I have 2 out of 4 of your "ALL JOBS" and i have 1 relic and 1 mythic.

If to you I am a hardcore player then let me tell you this:
- I play a maximum of 3-4 hours a day, possibly more in the weekends.
- You don't need to play 24hrs/day, 7 days a week to get a relic or mythic. It's a part time activity for a couple/few months (5 assaults every 5 days, or 1 a day if you prefer, T3 run once a day. This amounts to about 1hr of your time) There are better/fun ways to make money than dynamis so you don't even need to do much dynamis/salvage farming.
- I don't have an event ls, never been in one since i came back to the game. I am in a social. Esp wtih delve being low-man-able, you just need to have a group of friends to build up your gear to challenge the content.

Imo this game is very casual friendly now. But it isn't causal-slacker-want-everything-handed-to-them friendly. There is nothing to sympathise about casual gamers. If they are casual and working at their own pace, they will get decent armor out of it and probably fairly happy with the RoE system and grinding lower difficulty stuff to get 119 items. If they're just idling in jeuno and moaning about how he/she can't achieve anything in this game, then they probably have enough sympathy for themselves to need any extra.

tip: bold and caps don't make your statements hold any more power, they just make you look angry and illogical.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-01 11:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

@Saevel

Fiv's team (nicely enough he even posted to support, and has a recording somewhere as proof) showed that the majority of it all require little to no Rangers, with some exceptions. Not only that, he proved to be more efficient without the use of Ranger.

Now, I'm not saying everyone should be as capable as his team is, what I am saying though is, if you're gonna continue to cry "RNG only ffs"-etc, then I'm gonna say #suckless and get better with other jobs.

@Aselin

I won't comment on the hilarity of your delicious tear-soaked response, but no one is going to willingly lower their success rate to cater to your playstyle, unless they're your friends. Nor should you expect it, got nothing to do with elitism.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2014-04-01 12:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Oh look, another thread about elitist players telling how casual players should play this game.

You don't pay for my monthly payment or the monthly payment of others, and you can't dictate how I or any other casual player should play the game. My time is my own, not yours. Players are free to go at their own pace. We may not have Relic or Mythic weapons, but these are still GOOD players for *** sakes! NOT EVERYONE are in hardcore Linkshells like myself to get the gear and upgrades they want each day!

Not EVERY player has the time to level ALL JOBS (namely PLD/BRD/WHM/RNG are "all jobs" in 2014) to 99, get them fully merited, geared to 109 or 119 item level, and get more than two Relic weapons and upgrade them to 119 while trying to get EXP, Merits, Sparks, Dynamis Currencies, and Seals to do AA, SKCNMs, and upgrade Relics at the same time while dealing with real life demands and issues, a job, raising kids, or deal with their own medical conditions AND STILL have time for food and 4 to 8 hours of sleep.

This isn't 2005, you don't need to be playing 24hrs a day to get good gear or have clears to high end content. Everything is pretty much instance based now.

I'm not sure whether I'm a hardcore player or a casual player. I guess I'm a casual player playing "hardcore" content under your description. But it's contradictory since I have 2 out of 4 of your "ALL JOBS" and i have 1 relic and 1 mythic.

If to you I am a hardcore player then let me tell you this:
- I play a maximum of 3-4 hours a day, possibly more in the weekends.
- You don't need to play 24hrs/day, 7 days a week to get a relic or mythic. It's a part time activity for a couple/few months (5 assaults every 5 days, or 1 a day if you prefer, T3 run once a day. This amounts to about 1hr of your time) There are better/fun ways to make money than dynamis so you don't even need to do much dynamis/salvage farming.
- I don't have an event ls, never been in one since i came back to the game. I am in a social. Esp wtih delve being low-man-able, you just need to have a group of friends to build up your gear to challenge the content.

Imo this game is very casual friendly now. But it isn't causal-slacker-want-everything-handed-to-them friendly. There is nothing to sympathise about casual gamers. If they are casual and working at their own pace, they will get decent armor out of it and probably fairly happy with the RoE system and grinding lower difficulty stuff to get 119 items. If they're just idling in jeuno and moaning about how he/she can't achieve anything in this game, then they probably have enough sympathy for themselves to need any extra.

tip: bold and caps doesn't make your statement hold any more power, it just makes you look angry and illogical.

I'll double quote this. When I setup runs i'm very flexible on what I take. Got to realize that people can't play every second and always have the best. Got to be flexible. Now a days in 2014 don't even need r/e/m can just have a normal weapon. It's more about how you play then what you have. Me personally i'd rather have a player that knows what their doing then someone with the best gear but is not smart.
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-04-01 12:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh look, another thread about elitist players telling how casual players should play this game. Elitist players = /blacklist You don't pay for my monthly payment or the monthly payment of others, and you can't dictate how I or any other casual player should play the game. My time is my own, not yours. Players are free to go at their own pace. We may not have Relic or Mythic weapons, but these are still GOOD players for *** sakes! NOT EVERYONE are in hardcore Linkshells like myself to get the gear and upgrades they want each day! Not EVERY player has the time to level ALL JOBS (namely PLD/BRD/WHM/RNG are "all jobs" in 2014) to 99, get them fully merited, geared to 109 or 119 item level, and get more than two Relic weapons and upgrade them to 119 while trying to get EXP, Merits, Sparks, Dynamis Currencies, and Seals to do AA, SKCNMs, and upgrade Relics at the same time while dealing with real life demands and issues, a job, raising kids, or deal with their own medical conditions AND STILL have time for food and 4 to 8 hours of sleep. GROW A GODDAMN BRAIN AND BE MORE SYMPATHETIC TO OTHER PLAYERS. WE ARE NOT ALL HARDDCORE ELITIST JERKS THAT PLAY 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. NOT ALL PLAYERS ARE THE SAME! Get that through your thick skulls.

Funny how this is suppose to justify laziness I know everyone isn't driven to do anything but why bash those who are? I play very casually and manage to keep my jobs I like to play up to par/merited/skill capped/ and all that jazz w/ a Wife,11 yro, 8 yro, and a 2 mnt old, Full time jobs, and bills all current work/life/family balance. If your lazy just say you're lazy don't jump around calling people elitist. I had a guy join one of my AA shouts and told me his SJ /nin was level 45 but because he has :NI I should not have a problem with him coming along... Am I an elitist for telling him to go work on his SJ prior to coming to a run? or since he's a casual player I should understand and give him a pass? Just one of many examples that can be given. As for your monthly payment claim... I think you people forget that you're just as capable to put together runs for events just like the elitist so idk why it's always there fault when the game isn't fair. just me 2 cents..
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2014-04-01 12:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
I did an AA EV fight over the weekend with a few LS mates, but we needed a couple of pickups to fill the party - we ended up with a WHM and a RNG.

I went as BST, since I know how to play the job well and it's my best geared (for now).

Normally my LS is able to handle fights on the Normal setting, which is fine for us. But for some ungodly reason, the WHM kept expressing his unease at there being a BST in the party, and just wouldn't let it go. In the end he convinced us to do the fight in Easy mode. Naturally we won without any trouble, with more than 15 minutes to spare.

The WHM then said that he was glad we did it on Easy Mode, because that's the best we could hope to do with our party setup.

This is why I hate PUGs.

Luckily I have always been able to do Normal AA and DM II fights as either MNK or WAR, but I've run into the same thing as you before. I've been told that, as a melee DD, I'll absolutely get killed and that there is no way for a melee to survive long enough to be useful in AA fights. Had a WHM turn down an invite before because of it (We did just fine without him). Even had members of my own LS question my survivability before.

Now, it's not like I've never gotten myself killed, but it's never been because I'm a WAR or MNK. Heck I've seen RNGs get themselves splattered in fights where I survived just fine.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-04-01 12:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ complaining about drop rates.

D and VD have a guaranteed drop. Its pretty atrocious on Normal, but the fact I can almost 3box Normal, means a full group of 6 humans should NEVER resort to Normal:
Timed out my first attempt at TT on normal at 7%, havent tried since revamping some of my gear.
GK at 2%, could probably do it now.
HM I havent tried, dont see a problem.
EV I dont think I can since the setup requires a bard because Arrogance is a piece of ***move, and I dont think PLD DD BRD can sustain MP for it.
MR Same as HM, shouldnt be a problem.

Theres no reason to do Normal with 6 human beings who have a moderate job array. Ever.
[+]
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: masekase
By Masekase Hurricane 2014-04-01 12:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Then make your own party and have your own rules on gear job etc. Never understood people who moan that they don't get invite on gear/job. Either fix it by leveling another job or get gear. If not do it yourself your way with friends. Leader decides rules. Also most people are not in hardcore linkshells they died out a long time ago.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-04-01 12:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Josiahfk said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Timed out my first attempt at TT on normal at 7%, havent tried since revamping some of my gear.
you had 3 people against the normal AA TT and you timed out?
should watch the video of scholar soloing him on normal to get ideas if needed

I'm aware, thank you. I said I revamped my gear. The SCH also said he timed out on watersday, so theres heavy reliance on external factors beyond gear.

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bahamut/Mischief

He's also pretty much a SCH main, SCH ONLY. To the point he has a Tsupimanti, which is a huge far cry from a SCH mule (not that my alt's are poorly geared by any stretch of imagination). I also said I have revamped some mage gear, since my helixes were mostly resisted, my nukes were mostly resisted. Not gonna get very far when 80% of your nukes get resisted.

Heres some other stuff this guy has done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGAVyzGJt5M&list=UUsAU-nrRpyJu8iNj47Iw6HQ

So to honestly say "hey this guy did it lolz, u just sux" is pretty asanine. Were not talking good/great tier gear, were talking about top of the line, excellent, I devote my entire time to gearing up this job tier of gear.

Either way, you missed the point, completely:
There is NO REASON for 6 human beings with moderately good gear and a non-idiotic job selection to ever do normal.
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-04-01 12:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember last year when PLD and RNG were useless for every event and we cried for them to make them useful again? Guess what, there useful, but there not by any means required.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2014-04-01 13:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So you called me out for timing out on TT because a SCH with god tier gear did it on Normal alone.

good job, did you solo it too? No, then who are you? I bet youre one of the people who still shout for Normal fights cause difficult is too hard for you, thats why you're upset.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2014-04-01 13:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't derail this thread with more AA fights. There's already another thread for that.

I'm hoping Ouryu is a huge nukefest with BLMs.

Post deleted by User.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2014-04-01 13:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping Ouryu drops great gear, and is too hard for casuals.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-01 13:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be interested to see Tenzen's BC drop his great katana, if nothing else....

....WITH SAYA.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-01 13:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe that post. .
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-01 13:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »

You'll need to be more specific.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-04-01 13:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If Ouryu's elemental's are fetters in the 3.0 I think people are going to find this complaining about party setups unwarranted. It's not like Blu for instance can't hit a flying Wyrm.

edit: For Tenzen if he is like AA GK, then party set up is extremely flexible. The only question that arises is will Cosmic Euclidation be a time out gimmick or is it going to be used frequently etc.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-04-01 13:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD/RDM welcome back.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-04-01 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant that huge whiny post. I don't get how people are so bad, they want everything nerfed to hell so they can complete it with trust npc. Then when everything is so easy they say there is nothing to do. I still remember all that bitching when there was only delve. Hope SE doesn't listen to them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-04-01 13:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahaha
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-04-01 13:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant that huge whiny post. I don't get how people are so bad, they want everything nerfed to hell so they can complete it with trust npc. Then when everything is so easy they say there is nothing to do. I still remember all that bitching when there was only delve. Hope SE doesn't listen to them.
LMMFAO!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2014-04-01 14:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***do I hate Trust so bad. Even if you ignore targeting it, all the damn NPCs clog up your screen.
By amadis 2014-04-01 14:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Josiahfk said: »
you had 3 people against the normal AA TT and you timed out?
should watch the video of scholar soloing him on normal to get ideas if needed

I'm aware, thank you. I said I revamped my gear. The SCH also said he timed out on watersday, so theres heavy reliance on external factors beyond gear.

http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bahamut/Mischief

He's also pretty much a SCH main, SCH ONLY. To the point he has a Tsupimanti, which is a huge far cry from a SCH mule (not that my alt's are poorly geared by any stretch of imagination). I also said I have revamped some mage gear, since my helixes were mostly resisted, my nukes were mostly resisted. Not gonna get very far when 80% of your nukes get resisted.

Heres some other stuff this guy has done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGAVyzGJt5M&list=UUsAU-nrRpyJu8iNj47Iw6HQ

So to honestly say "hey this guy did it lolz, u just sux" is pretty asanine. Were not talking good/great tier gear, were talking about top of the line, excellent, I devote my entire time to gearing up this job tier of gear.

Either way, you missed the point, completely:
There is NO REASON for 6 human beings with moderately good gear and a non-idiotic job selection to ever do normal.

Actually Mischief 1st solo'd it on normal the day it came out with a Antian Staff and many people have done it on SCH since
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-04-01 14:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »
You would be surprised with the type of dynamics that some of the fights post-AA are. The amount of viable set-ups are actually quite diverse. People are winning these with NIN's, SMN's, Various Melee, THF, BLM along with the typical PLD BRD RNG WHM standard and it's still unclear what the superior set-up is.

You mention post-AA (and that's certainly relevant to flexibility on other new battlefields), but even on the AAs themselves there's a lot more flexibility than people are willing to admit.

I've won every AA on Difficult using PUP, and have an LS friend who usually comes on DRG. Both actually work really well as DD (Ventriloquy and High Jump are really helpful for shedding hate). The issue in my small LS is a lack of well geared RNGs, I'm basically the only one with a decent 119 RNG and it's sort of annoying to have just one RNG and different buffs for everyone. So we manage with atypical DDs and we do OK.

COR SMN NIN MNK THF DNC: all of these are also very much viable AA options. I'm sure people could manage to use other jobs like BLU RDM SCH. We even bring a friend on DRK (with Eminent GS) sometimes and still manage to get D wins, and that's really not a very great AA job. Try building your own groups with people you know rather than just assuming the only way to get a win is to join a random shout seeking the cookie-cutter build.

PLD WHM BRD are certainly nice no matter what, but even then maybe not completely necessary. GK with 3x MNK/NIN and a SMN using EA? Sure! NIN? Tanks fine on some of them! Got no PLD around but enough RNG/NIN? You can do AA TT without a tank easily. Don't have BRD handy? You can probably still manage with a COR. I'd be surprised if a group was lacking WHMs at this stage in the game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a RDM or SCH able to handle the required healing if really necessary.

It's definitely true that VD are a lot more demanding on setup, and PLD WHM BRD RNG x2-3 and CORx0-1 is pretty hard to beat. But you can still manage Difficult fights with decent drop rates without the generic setup...
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2014-04-01 14:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yawn. More "throw RNGs at it!" content.