First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-03-25 16:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fought Mithra on Easy mode today, duo as BRD+BST and got a weapon drop - but it was the katana. :(
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-03-25 16:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

On the topic of Amon Drive, it most certainly can take up to 3 shadows. I've had people that claimed to have 3 up and still die to Amon Drive, but I've never had this happen to me after taking many ADs so I won't really believe it until I experience it.
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-25 16:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Fought Mithra on Easy mode today, duo as BRD+BST and got a weapon drop - but it was the katana. :(

That's awesome. :o
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-03-25 21:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Minions finally conquers AA Mithra!

3 BST, 2 SMN, 1 SCH

Fight time EXACTLY at 20 Minutes
By kenshynofshiva 2014-03-25 22:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

3 BST, 2 SMN, 1 SCH

Congrats
 Bismarck.Arcos
Server: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2014-03-26 08:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done EV solo?

I'm curious if it's possible/strat before I go use a KI.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-03-26 08:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Just out of curiosity,

Can the AA fights be soloed by BST with only an Eminence weapon, or is it necessary to have an iLevel 119 weapon for the solo strategies to work?
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-26 08:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Just out of curiosity,

Can the AA fights be soloed by BST with only an Eminence weapon, or is it necessary to have an iLevel 119 weapon for the solo strategies to work?

Someone else will have to chime in on that since I've only used 119 axes, but that being said, there are many options now in acquiring some good 119 axes (regardless of the pet stats), some of which I'm sure you already know about.

Ceizak Battlegrounds Fracture - Muyingwa

Ark Angels II MR

Marjami Ravine Fracture - Cailimh

Marjami Ravine T5 - Podarge

Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2014-03-26 09:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
Fenrir.Atheryn said: »
Just out of curiosity,

Someone else will have to chime in on that since I've only used 119 axes, but that being said, there are many options now in acquiring some good 119 axes (regardless of the pet stats), some of which I'm sure you already know about.

Ceizak Battlegrounds Fracture - Muyingwa

Ark Angels II MR

Marjami Ravine Fracture - Cailimh

Marjami Ravine T5 - Podarge

If only it were that easy... The trouble is, I don't have a job that a PUG would want to take to any of those, and my LS is usually afk or doing something else. That's why I was wondering if there were any way I could solo with Eminence weapons instead.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-03-26 10:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll be fine with just Eminent Axe as long as it's Very Easy mode. I was soloing Mithra with Eminent/Hunahpu for a long time before finally upgrading Guttler to 119. :)

The main thing that you'll want to do is just make up for the lost accuracy with the rest of your gearset. I was wearing:

Eminent Axe
Hunahpu
Yaoyotl Helm
Ziel Charm
Heartseeker Earring
Dudgeon Earring
Skadi's Cuirie +1
Iuitl Wristbands
Rajas Ring
Oneiros Annulet
Letalis Mantle
Hurch'lan Sash
Skadi's Chausses +1
Ejekamal Boots

If you don't have Yaoyotl, you could wear Karieyh Morion +1 or Phorcys Salade for headgear. Other options for the waist slot could be... Dynamic Belt +1 or Kuku Stone? Anyway, if you try it for yourself, you'll see it's not so bad. :) Just bring extra Thetas/Mulsums for emergencies.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-26 10:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone give either Stellar Fulcrum or Celestial Nexus a go on BST. :D I think I'm going to try it myself here in the next day or two. I can't seem to pull myself away from the new Delve and DM II's lately.
 Bismarck.Arcos
By Bismarck.Arcos 2014-03-26 12:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think ill do Celestial Nexus tonight after work. It looks alot like TT, and I have that one down solid.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-26 12:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Arcos said: »
I think ill do Celestial Nexus tonight after work. It looks alot like TT, and I have that one down solid.

Solo? Nice! I'm anxious to hear how it goes. Do you have the means to possibly make an HD video of it?

At any rate, please post details please including what pet(s) you use, gear, strategy etc.

EDIT: What's your strategy for TT? Are you doing VE?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-03-27 09:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

3 BST, 2 SMN, 1 SCH

Curious did the summoners use shiva's Diamond Storm to reduce mob evasion? That would help the pets out if worked likewise maybe a cor for pet buffs.
 Asura.Xceptre
Server: Asura
user: sceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-03-27 10:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

3 BST, 2 SMN, 1 SCH

Grats , What difficulty,
 Bismarck.Arcos
By Bismarck.Arcos 2014-03-27 10:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your strategy for TT? Are you doing VE?

I bought 6 mulsum, 1 stack of theta. RR and Regen from book. I was BST/NIN for utsusemi. I didn't bother with poison potions or remedies. Started with Familiar on Ibuki. I melee along as long as I had 2 shadows. In several fights, I only lost 3 shadows once.

Your pet will get petrified. Your pet will be out of range for a few TP moves. As long as you don't get too worried about those, you will be fine. Molting Plumage has some range and it helps when TT warps.

Blaze spikes will hurt you. If you get under 75% HP and don't have medicine or feel comfortable or haven't seen Meteor, I would rest up outside of his range. My first fight, I spent most of it in the red, I would run up to Reward/Mulsum.

As for gear:
AA tabar/Hunahpu
Totemic Helm+1
Ankusa Jackcoat
Ankusa gloves
Espial Hose
Tot. Gaiters+1
Hurch'lan Sash
The rest was just dyna farming gear that didn't enhance pet.

Getting meds to fight Celestial nexus right now
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 10:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What's your strategy for TT? Are you doing VE?

I bought 6 mulsum, 1 stack of theta. RR and Regen from book. I was BST/NIN for utsusemi. I didn't bother with poison potions or remedies. Started with Familiar on Ibuki. I melee along as long as I had 2 shadows. In several fights, I only lost 3 shadows once.

Your pet will get petrified. Your pet will be out of range for a few TP moves. As long as you don't get too worried about those, you will be fine. Molting Plumage has some range and it helps when TT warps.

Blaze spikes will hurt you. If you get under 75% HP and don't have medicine or feel comfortable or haven't seen Meteor, I would rest up outside of his range. My first fight, I spent most of it in the red, I would run up to Reward/Mulsum.

As for gear:
AA tabar/Hunahpu
Totemic Helm+1
Ankusa Jackcoat
Ankusa gloves
Espial Hose
Tot. Gaiters+1
Hurch'lan Sash
The rest was just dyna farming gear that didn't enhance pet.

Getting meds to fight Celestial nexus right now

Thanks for sharing. In cases where you're going /NIN and aren't bringing potions, you might consider a Regen set. It's helped me in a pinch many times over.

I'm anxious to hear how your Celestial run goes. Any plans to do Stellar Fulcrum?
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-03-27 11:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xceptre said: »

3 BST, 2 SMN, 1 SCH

Grats , What difficulty,

Normal

And as for strategy. All BSTs use Ibuki. Familiar and sent pets in to attack. All BSTs equipped as much Pet Enhancing gear as they possibly could, with emphasis on Pet: Accuracy.

SMNs stuck to using Wind Blade. It landed for at least 1.6k each time. We didn't bother using Shiva. Seeing as though this was the first attempt on MR post update (fix for Pet: Accuracy gear bug) it wasn't really necessary as there was a noticeable increase to the 3 Ibukis' accuracy.

The SCH was there for extra supplemental damage via Helix spells. They were landing for 375-400 each time.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 11:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xceptre said: »

3 BST, 2 SMN, 1 SCH

Grats , What difficulty,

Normal

And as for strategy. All BSTs use Ibuki. Familiar and sent pets in to attack. All BSTs equipped as much Pet Enhancing gear as they possibly could, with emphasis on Pet: Accuracy.

SMNs stuck to using Wind Blade. It landed for at least 1.6k each time. We didn't bother using Shiva. Seeing as though this was the first attempt on MR post update (fix for Pet: Accuracy gear bug) it wasn't really necessary as there was a noticeable increase to the 3 Ibukis' accuracy.

The SCH was there for extra supplemental damage via Helix spells. They were landing for 375-400 each time.

With regards to Pet Accuracy, if I'm not mistaken, Qaaxo Harness at Rank 15 on Path C is the best body now for that trait. I'm very much looking forward to getting this for my PA build.
 Bismarck.Arcos
By Bismarck.Arcos 2014-03-27 11:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried The Celestial Nexus. Either I had horrible luck or it may be impossible. The orbitals came after me, as soon as I put Ibuki on the boss. I survived 2 rounds of them, but then a hate reset move...

It was over fast.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 11:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried The Celestial Nexus. Either I had horrible luck or it may be impossible. The orbitals came after me, as soon as I put Ibuki on the boss. I survived 2 rounds of them, but then a hate reset move...

It was over fast.

Dang, that sucks.. did you send Ibuki out of range of the Orbitals?
 Bismarck.Arcos
By Bismarck.Arcos 2014-03-27 11:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. They didn't pop until I sent Ibuki. It seemed like they popped and came right at me.

Going to Stellar Fulcrum. I remember doing this fight with a group on N. I think it will be alot more doable as BST.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 11:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. They didn't pop until I sent Ibuki. It seemed like they popped and came right at me.

Going to Stellar Fulcrum. I remember doing this fight with a group on N. I think it will be alot more doable as BST.

What I've done before doing Reives is have my pet attack each mob in order to get aggro on them all, then I'm able to better manage the overall fight. This is especially the case when you find yourself in a situation where more than 1 mob aggros you.

So in the case of your Celestial run where hate has always been fickle, I'd say send Ibuki at Eald'narche (obviously) then once the timers are up send to each Orbital and get aggro off of you. You'd have to juggle shadows in the mean time, but after that you could solidify pet aggro with Unleash > Molting Plumage (as an example).

Now that I see what your experience was like, I think I'll try what I just suggested and see if it works.

I'm definitely anxious to see how Stellar Fulcrum goes, especially regarding Fetter management. I still want that Haubergeon. :o
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 12:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
On the topic of Amon Drive, it most certainly can take up to 3 shadows. I've had people that claimed to have 3 up and still die to Amon Drive, but I've never had this happen to me after taking many ADs so I won't really believe it until I experience it.

We did TT last night on Difficult and Amon Drive took out one of my Rangers who had 2 shadows up. So that settles my previous notion that it was a static set 2 shadow protection against that move.

I may need to test it, but I'm thinking that either it's completely random how many shadow's AD removes, or with difficult mode or higher, the # of shadows required to protect against it goes up by 1?

Hmm...
 Bismarck.Arcos
By Bismarck.Arcos 2014-03-27 12:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I may need to test it, but I'm thinking that either it's completely random how many shadow's AD removes, or with difficult mode or higher, the # of shadows required to protect against it goes up by 1?

Hmm...

AD took 3 from me in VE. It may be ACC dependant instead of a static number, so on easier modes it only takes 2 or less most of the time.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 12:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm...

AD took 3 from me in VE. It may be ACC dependant instead of a static number, so on easier modes it only takes 2 or less most of the time.

That makes sense then. So VE, E and N = 2 shadows. D and VD = 3 shadows. This of course doesn't include what you mentioned about personal traits such having high evasion or magic evasion and outright evading Amon Drive (which happens from time to time).
 Bismarck.Arcos
By Bismarck.Arcos 2014-03-27 12:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Stellar Fulcrum might be rough. I ended up healing him too much when he shifted to wind blade while Unleash was up. I didn't realize it til he healed 15k or so.

It might be duoable with a SCH or BLM to nuke the fetters.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 12:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Stellar Fulcrum might be rough. I ended up healing him too much when he shifted to wind blade while Unleash was up. I didn't realize it til he healed 15k or so.

It might be duoable with a SCH or BLM to nuke the fetters.

From Molting Plumage? What was your pets damage output prior to that? I'm wondering if a different pet might be needed for that BC.
 Bismarck.Arcos
By Bismarck.Arcos 2014-03-27 13:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

From Molting Plumage only when wind blade was up.

For the 50% I went through, I used 7 Thetas and no mulsum. Molting Plumage was doing 1500 consistently.

Ibuki was hitting 150-200, Kam was hitting him for less than 100 + 60 on enspell. Once I knew what to expect, I was able to melee as well. Run away with no shadows and Great Wheel misses. There were several times Kam used Great Wheel and I was out of range and didn't turn to come after me.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-27 13:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

From Molting Plumage only when wind blade was up.

For the 50% I went through, I used 7 Thetas and no mulsum. Molting Plumage was doing 1500 consistently.

Ibuki was hitting 150-200, Kam was hitting him for less than 100 + 60 on enspell. Once I knew what to expect, I was able to melee as well. Run away with no shadows and Great Wheel misses. There were several times Kam used Great Wheel and I was out of range and didn't turn to come after me.

So where did things go bad - with Fetters?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12