First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-03-15 00:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We timed out at 38%

Things of note. Our RDM was able to one-shot her pets with T4 nukes.
PUP needs a lot of Pet: Magic Accuracy for those nukes to land good. She did land a few good ones though.
BST pets had serious accuracy issues. 35-40% accuracy. RDM, SMN, and PUP's automaton were getting smacked around after a while.
 Asura.Xceptre
Server: Asura
user: sceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-03-18 04:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
We timed out at 38%

PUP needs a lot of Pet: Magic Accuracy for those nukes to land good. She did land a few good ones though.
BST pets had serious accuracy issues. 35-40% accuracy. RDM, SMN, and PUP's automaton were getting smacked around after a while.

With the new job points siv this should make it much more friendly doing Normal etc =)
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-03-18 10:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xceptre said: »
We timed out at 38%

With the new job points siv this should make it much more friendly doing Normal etc =)

Yeah, Job Points is now the LS's main priority.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
Server: Cerberus
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-18 10:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xceptre said: »
We timed out at 38%

Yeah, Job Points is now the LS's main priority.

I'm excited about this as well. It's what, +10 accuracy for pets at max?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-03-18 10:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tested pet accuracy from gear since the update it should be fixed it was capped at 30 before...
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-18 10:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »
Has anyone tested pet accuracy from gear since the update it should be fixed it was capped at 30 before...

I'm also curious to know how the new Job Points for Familiar and Pet Accuracy may factor in to, say, doing AA's. Without crunching numbers yet and looking at figures, it's hard to say for sure, but I'd assume that these new perks might allow a higher success rate for VE and E - possibly even Normal (although that's probably a stretch while soloing)
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-03-18 11:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you can roughly gauge the hitrate boost since we know the maximum bonuses for capped Job Points are +30 DEX w/Familiar and +10 accuracy. Pets gain Accuracy = DEX/2, so that's +25 accuracy total with a Familiar'd pet, which is +12.5% hitrate.

So you can expect Ibuki to have 67~72% accuracy on Very Easy, and (using Siviard's data) 47~52% accuracy on Normal.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2014-03-18 11:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
kenshynofshiva said: »

I'm also curious to know how the new Job Points for Familiar and Pet Accuracy may factor in to, say, doing AA's. Without crunching numbers yet and looking at figures, it's hard to say for sure, but I'd assume that these new perks might allow a higher success rate for VE and E - possibly even Normal (although that's probably a stretch while soloing)

I am just gonna have to do the fight and parse it. I haven't been doing a lot lately making my relic gun and real life but was waiting for this update to get back in the groove. Need to break my i119 pets out to play they destroy dynamis like a fat kid does cake...
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-03-19 21:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got win AA Galka on Normal. 2 BST, 3 SMN, and a SCH.

One of the SMN forgot his Satchet too, so it was essentially 5-manned. Win in 29:05 so we were cutting it kinda close. BSTs went ham along with the 2 SMNs that didn't forget their Satchet and the SCH went ham and got a Tachi: Fudo in her face for her efforts.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-03-19 22:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

And a little over an hour later, we took out AA Elvaan on Normal.

The SMN got his Satchet this time, and went much more smoothly save for hate flying around at odd times for unknown reasons.

Fight time was 20:21
[+]
 Asura.Xceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-03-20 03:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

GJ =)
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-20 08:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got win AA Galka on Normal. 2 BST, 3 SMN, and a SCH.

One of the SMN forgot his Satchet too, so it was essentially 5-manned. Win in 29:05 so we were cutting it kinda close. BSTs went ham along with the 2 SMNs that didn't forget their Satchet and the SCH went ham and got a Tachi: Fudo in her face for her efforts.

Very nice indeed! Did you guys (BST's) fight along side your pets? /NIN?
By kenshynofshiva 2014-03-20 09:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats congrats how are the timers holding up vs the aoe on the pets? Curious the amount of muslim or pet food needed during the fights.
 Sylph.Juromaru
Server: Sylph
user: Juromaru
By Sylph.Juromaru 2014-03-20 19:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Well, you can roughly gauge the hitrate boost since we know the maximum bonuses for capped Job Points are +30 DEX w/Familiar and +10 accuracy. Pets gain Accuracy = DEX/2, so that's +25 accuracy total with a Familiar'd pet, which is +12.5% hitrate.

So you can expect Ibuki to have 67~72% accuracy on Very Easy, and (using Siviard's data) 47~52% accuracy on Normal.

Wait, wasn't Pet acc capped at 30 when Siv did this? It's fixed now, so it may not be that bad; I'm not sure how much pet accuracy he used for the fights.

Edit: might as well ask since I posted. Anyone tried the Celestial Nexus II yet as pet job? was thinking of trying to solo on easy.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-03-21 01:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I haven't responded to ppl's questions about our battle tactics regarding AA GK and AA EV. Here goes!

1. No. The fight was all pets except the SCH who kept Helix on the AA full-time. The BSTs did not melee with their pets. Instead, they full-timed as much Pet enhancing gear they could to help their pets fight more effectively. Now that SE fixed the Pet: Accuracy gear bug it seems to have made a difference. As for the SMNs, they spammed Wind Blade as often as possible. When time started running low, the BSTs used Run Wild and Unleash and went bonkers with Ready moves. The SCH landed a good Kaustra, and the SMNs used Astral Conduit. Remember though, one of the SMN forgot his satchet, and his DMG output was minimal at best. Had he not forgotten it, the fight would have been a bit more smoother and probably wouldn't need the last minute heroics.

2. The BSTs had 2 stacks of Pet Foods ready, and at least 6 Dawm Mulsums in case of an emergency while Reward timer was down.
[+]
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-21 08:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Juromaru said: »

Wait, wasn't Pet acc capped at 30 when Siv did this? It's fixed now, so it may not be that bad; I'm not sure how much pet accuracy he used for the fights.

Edit: might as well ask since I posted. Anyone tried the Celestial Nexus II yet as pet job? was thinking of trying to solo on easy.

Hate is so fickle on Celestial II, but I'd say /NIN would be essential still. It sounds great though! I think I'd be willing to try it too. I still want some items from that BC.
By Heimdel 2014-03-21 09:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry I haven't responded to ppl's questions about our battle tactics regarding AA GK and AA EV. Here goes!

1. No. The fight was all pets except the SCH who kept Helix on the AA full-time. The BSTs did not melee with their pets. Instead, they full-timed as much Pet enhancing gear they could to help their pets fight more effectively. Now that SE fixed the Pet: Accuracy gear bug it seems to have made a difference. As for the SMNs, they spammed Wind Blade as often as possible. When time started running low, the BSTs used Run Wild and Unleash and went bonkers with Ready moves. The SCH landed a good Kaustra, and the SMNs used Astral Conduit. Remember though, one of the SMN forgot his satchet, and his DMG output was minimal at best. Had he not forgotten it, the fight would have been a bit more smoother and probably wouldn't need the last minute heroics.

2. The BSTs had 2 stacks of Pet Foods ready, and at least 6 Dawm Mulsums in case of an emergency while Reward timer was down.

pet acc bug?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-03-21 10:21:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They're referring to the corrected issue from the March 17th update notes:

The issue wherein the attributes "Avatar: Accuracy+X" and "Avatar: Attack+X" were not properly reflected when exceeding a certain value.

I guess you couldn't get more than +30 accuracy from gear/atma until they patched it.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-03-21 10:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdel said: »

pet acc bug?

Prior to the update last week, if you had Pet: Accuracy +80 total from all your gear, it was capping at 30. It was determined to be a bug and has since been fixed.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-03-21 10:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. now me thinks maybe time to break out my all pet party of me and my mules and give it a go guess I need to get my last mules pet job up to snuff asap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-03-22 17:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing a BST+PUP duo for Very Easy Galka AA. Got a gear drop, hilariously. Sucks that it was Agitator's Collar, but... yeah.
 Asura.Xceptre
By Asura.Xceptre 2014-03-23 07:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing a BST+PUP duo for Very Easy Galka AA. Got a gear drop, hilariously. Sucks that it was Agitator's Collar, but... yeah.

Well at least it confirms a gear pool,

No luck for me yet :/
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-23 09:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Have any BST's soloed Celestial Nexus and/or Stellar Fulcrum yet? I'm going to give it a go on VE and see what happens. I do think though that Kam'lanaut might be a tough one due to the pets.

Thoughts?
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-03-24 23:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Soloed AATT by accident today on bst. Meant to take the teleporter to MR and ended up on TT island instead. Went in as bst/nin. I've done the solo a bunch of times on pup but this was the first time on bst for me.

With NIN sub amon drive is a non factor. Amon drive will take 1-3 shadows. You don't have any forms of healing except meds so blaze spikes become can become a problem. Luckily your pet is at no risk of dying at any point of the fight so if you run out of meds just head up the stairs and heal up. Watch for blaze spikes to wear off and run back in.

When TT uses manafont pop a poison pot and run up the stairs when he casts meteor. He does this a few times so you'll need to run down and heal your pet once.

Finished in 26 mins. Probably could have shaved 6-7 mins if I came prepared and used my 1 hours.
[+]
 Asura.Felgarr
user: Felgarr
By Asura.Felgarr 2014-03-25 00:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice a lot of people soloing on VE...How do the drops differ on VE?

Thank you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-03-25 08:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

In addition to the automatic Chapter that goes into your personal inventory, I think the Very Easy loot pool usually looks like:

Synergy Fewell
Spell Scroll
Crafting Material (Beryllium Ore, Sif's Lock, etc.)/AF upgrade item (Phoenix Feather, Beetle Blood, etc.)
Rem's Tale Chapter X

And then a very rare chance to get a piece of equipment or an R/M/E upgrade item.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-25 09:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phunkism said: »
Soloed AATT by accident today on bst. Meant to take the teleporter to MR and ended up on TT island instead. Went in as bst/nin. I've done the solo a bunch of times on pup but this was the first time on bst for me.

With NIN sub amon drive is a non factor. Amon drive will take 1-3 shadows. You don't have any forms of healing except meds so blaze spikes become can become a problem. Luckily your pet is at no risk of dying at any point of the fight so if you run out of meds just head up the stairs and heal up. Watch for blaze spikes to wear off and run back in.

When TT uses manafont pop a poison pot and run up the stairs when he casts meteor. He does this a few times so you'll need to run down and heal your pet once.

Finished in 26 mins. Probably could have shaved 6-7 mins if I came prepared and used my 1 hours.

Grats on your win! Not to nitpick, but unless I'm mistaken, Amon Drive removes a static 2 shadows. If you only have 1 shadow up, you're in trouble, especially on Normal+.

I've soloed TT many many times on SCH, but never BST. I'll have to give that a shot some time!
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2014-03-25 12:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done the solo a bunch of times on pup but this was the first time on bst for me.

Is TT a pretty easy solo for PUP? Curious what the strategy is. :)
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-03-25 12:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on your win! Not to nitpick, but unless I'm mistaken, Amon Drive removes a static 2 shadows. If you only have 1 shadow up, you're in trouble, especially on Normal+.

I could have sworn all of my shadows be wiped before, could be from an auto attack + amon drive. Also I've definitely survived with 1 shadow being wiped without getting hit but now that I think of it, its probably because I'm usually decked in full evasion gear and probably just evaded it.

I generally go in with full evasion gear and set my automaton right in the middle of the arena. You'll need to sub ninja for amon drive. Amon drive is less of a factor if it gets through as your automaton will usually instantly cast stona. The rest is all positioning as you chase TT around so your automaton doesn't get hit with amon drive.

As for manafont + sleepga + meteor I just eat it. Meteor does about 800-1000. Use an oil right after you wake up from meteor and your automaton will heal you and your off to fight again. The fight takes about 19-20 mins on pup. Could probably shave 3-4 mins if you're more daring and chase TT through the middle of the arena rather than chasing him circularly.
 Cerberus.Avalon
By Cerberus.Avalon 2014-03-25 13:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I could have sworn all of my shadows be wiped before, could be from an auto attack + amon drive. Also I've definitely survived with 1 shadow being wiped without getting hit but now that I think of it, its probably because I'm usually decked in full evasion gear and probably just evaded it.

I generally go in with full evasion gear and set my automaton right in the middle of the arena. You'll need to sub ninja for amon drive. Amon drive is less of a factor if it gets through as your automaton will usually instantly cast stona. The rest is all positioning as you chase TT around so your automaton doesn't get hit with amon drive.

As for manafont + sleepga + meteor I just eat it. Meteor does about 800-1000. Use an oil right after you wake up from meteor and your automaton will heal you and your off to fight again. The fight takes about 19-20 mins on pup. Could probably shave 3-4 mins if you're more daring and chase TT through the middle of the arena rather than chasing him circularly.

Yup, it's most definitely possible to evade Amon Drive as I've done it myself a few times.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 10 11 12