Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Beastmaster vs. Ark Angels II
Beastmaster vs. Ark Angels II
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12
 Shiva.Alexcenders
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Alexcenders 2015-04-01 05:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

response to your message about atempting AA 2 well i can tell u this dualboxed Rdm+Pld is smooth fight for VERY EASY & EASY mode ( some can be done on normal ) in 30~40 AA II VeryEasy:0 drop AA II Easy mode id say for 150~200 fight done 4~6% drop on gear. That being said, most gear drop were weapon which i got the most on New/FULL moon between lightning day ==> darkday and half of em we're in celestial nexus fight. Is it becuz it was the cheapest KI or low cost KI= more chance of gear drop?! But no, i did way more AA II fights than celestial so ill try my theory about low cost KI ^^ right away

Btw , saw a lot of pld/dnc doing them on very easy but ish i'd say -0.01% drop rate on gear
 Bahamut.Mustybadger
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Mustybadger 2015-04-23 10:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mustybadger said: »
Just a few questions;

Been soling AAMR on Easy without any troubles but seeing a distinct lack of item drops. Is it even possible to get weapon / armour drops on anything below Normal?

I'm also looking to take on AAEV for body seals, so not worried about additional items but it is soloable on VE/E? I've not given it a try yet so i'm assuming VE should be fine? Anything else i should be wary of?

Also, I had additional questions around other High Level Battlefields. I'm looking to spend some time trying for Legacy of the Lost (Gessho)but want to make sure it's not a wasted effort. If it's been done before, i have the same questions as AAMR, can items drop on VE/E?

Thanks for any help!

To answer my previous question, after 40+ runs on Legacy of the Lost, "Easy" is soloable without too much trouble, "Normal" looks to be nigh-on impossible, or at least extremely difficult.

Normal difficulty AOE is a hell of alot stronger than Easy and he will split forms an awful lot more. Consistently get it to around 40% before timing out due to not being able to 100% melee alongside pet. You have to have a pretty floorless stun % to make it past that (assuming you dont get 1-shot my Mijin)

Would also like to mention...i am over 0/40 on Ptica Headgear from "Easy" :(
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-04 11:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any particular strategy I should use as BST for the Gessho fight? Any preference of pet and subjob?
 Fenrir.Sathicus
user: SathQuetz
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-06-04 14:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Grasshopper and /nin
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-07-10 21:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to know of your opinions on using BLMs trusts in these AA fights (Excluding TT), using the "Hit and Run" strategy where you let your blm trusts use up their mp and then disengage in a safe place to rest up and repeat until dead.

Heres the strategy:

1. Go /nin
2. use Shantotto (Blm do not use D.Shantotto), Ajido-Marujido (Blm), Semih (Rng likes to close after Ibuki with Light or Gravitation), and finally the new Kayeel-Payeel (Blm). All of these trusts like to sit back and will quite often close the Light SC with a MB of their own.
3. Establish hate early with Ibuki near the middle of the ring.
4. Setup behind AA, and time your atk so that your trusts dont get hit with any sort of AoE, if they do, just disengage and wait for them to heal to full.
5. Position ibuki away from trusts so that they are in a safe range. The trusts listed above will stay put. But it can be a hassle at first to get everyone setup just right. Quite often I will find myself placing Ibuki on the stairs to get my trusts out of aoe range.
6. Let your trusts use up their mp, and after mp is depleted, disengage in a safe place to let them rest to full. They get back mp very quickly.
7. Rinse and repeat steps 3-6 until dead.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-07-10 23:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't ever been able to resummon trusts once a fight has started, personally.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-11 00:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't mean resummon. When you disengage your trusts get massive hp/mp regen.

Also, I suppose re: strategy it depends how good the BLM trusts are? I've never used any. D/VD AAs have some serious MDB/MEVA, on VD not a single trust will even cast Dia because their AI views the MEVA as too high to bother.

The BLM trusts would have to be very, very good.
 Carbuncle.Wondolio
Server: Carbuncle
user: Wondolio
By Carbuncle.Wondolio 2015-07-11 00:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Good point on the meva mdb for D/VD. I admit that trusts are quite useless when dealing any sort of dmg above lvl 119. Perhaps this strategy is best used for people trying to get their first Normal win.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-14 10:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking about throwing together an all-BST DM II event. We'll see how it pans out in terms of strategies.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-15 11:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on difficulty level. I've done DM II on N with PLD COR BST THF with zero difficulty. Once you go up to D you run into a few problems.

Problem 1: EV. Required to be tanked by bird, but hard to hold hate with CONSTANT shield bash spam. EV will eat up ~3-5 minutes on D even if you throw anything less than like 4 really well geared BST at her.

Problem 2: Who holds what while dealing with EV. Presumably you don't want to double up in D so you need another 3 BST using bird to hold HM, GK, MR.

That's 7 BST minimum right there before adding support jobs which will be 100% necessary.

I'm eager to hear how it goes, but it becomes a bit of a struggle unless everyone is top tier gear wise. Once you start filling the party with bstwagoners your efficiency will drop off very quickly.
 Cerberus.Avalon
user: KupoNuts
By Cerberus.Avalon 2015-07-15 12:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Depends on difficulty level. I've done DM II on N with PLD COR BST THF with zero difficulty. Once you go up to D you run into a few problems.

Problem 1: EV. Required to be tanked by bird, but hard to hold hate with CONSTANT shield bash spam. EV will eat up ~3-5 minutes on D even if you throw anything less than like 4 really well geared BST at her.

Problem 2: Who holds what while dealing with EV. Presumably you don't want to double up in D so you need another 3 BST using bird to hold HM, GK, MR.

That's 7 BST minimum right there before adding support jobs which will be 100% necessary.

I'm eager to hear how it goes, but it becomes a bit of a struggle unless everyone is top tier gear wise. Once you start filling the party with bstwagoners your efficiency will drop off very quickly.

I'll keep you posted.

I'm not 100% sure yet if it's going to be just BST or if this evolves into an all-"Pet" event instead, but we shall see.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-15 12:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's all pet PUP who knows how to tank will make it much easier.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-15 13:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Avalon said: »
I'm thinking about throwing together an all-BST DM II event. We'll see how it pans out in terms of strategies.

We used to do pet burn DM II all the time, now we only do it when new people need Seraphicallers or Divinators. It's pretty easy. Have your best defensively geared BST(Or two if you can spare it) run in and pull everything. He starts running the *** away(kiting in the hall). Everyone else rushes in and mollywhops TT. He'll go down real easy. Only thing to worry about here is that he is GOING to cast Meteor, and if you aren't ready for it you will lose some people. When TT gets down to 10%, the off tank or whoever pulls the next AA. GK or HM are ideal since they account for most of the damage the tank is taking and they aren't very difficult to kill.

GK has no special strategy. If at all possible, try to keep hate focused on the off-tank. GK will slaughter tigers once they get hate, unless you are willing to dump a metric shitton of dawn mulsums into them. HM is the same way. Make sure everyone is far enough back after 20-25%, because he will blow up and take any BST who is too close with him.

After those two are down, we pull EV. For this one, you really just want to spread pets out. If the tank is able to hold hate, put every other single pet behind EV to reduce annoying shield blocks. When hate bounces off the tank(Or if the tank is just having a hard time holding hate) consider spreading pets out to reduce shield blocking as much as possible.

MR is just annoying with her stupid sleep moves. I *think* Run Wild will let pets resist her sleep effects on WS, but I could be wrong.

Bring 1x Geo and 1x Rdm to greatly simplify the fight. If each party can get a COR, that's awesome. Otherwise throw the best BSTs in the party with the COR. I suggest doing the fight first on normal so everyone can get a feel for the strategy, then crank it up to D/VD.

Falkirk tanks a lot of those runs we did, so I imagine he knows about tanking on BST.
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-15 14:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully Falkirk will pop his head in here, because what you've described there is making my head spin a bit.

Hands down the biggest damage threat of all the AAs is EV. There just is no arguing that. None of the others (besides possibly TT) will even make a dent in bird in full defensive gear, but Arrogance Incarnate gives zero *** about anything. D/VD I would wager the lowest you're mitigating it to is...1500 at the absolute minimum? Given how often she can use it and with 3-4 other AA beating on the bird, even HQ + familiar is going to need to be fed at least 1 mulsum between every reward until probably 3 AA are dead?

I mean I'm not saying it isn't doable, I just think you might be undervaluing the amount of mulsums needed by the main tank. Also curious why you do GK or HM first. You can go to sleep with HM on bird without worrying.
By Beaztmaster 2015-07-15 21:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be the primary kiter back when the group did this weekly. As intimidating as it might seem, the frequency with which your pet will get hit by the AAs and their respective abilities is significantly reduced while you're on the move. Simply put, significant reduction in contact time leads to equally significant reduction in damage taken. With Arrogance Incarnate requiring targets to be so close to get hit (within ~5'), EV won't be able to keep up so your pet will avoid it, effectively making EV the least threatening AA, especially since she stops regularly to cast(As does HM). Sometimes they'll get off more damage with the add. eff.'s of their abilities (Stun from CR, Bind from DF, Sleep from HS) but none of these are a problem since the next melee hit cancels Sleep/Bind and the pet recovers from Stun by the time all the AA catch up.

The only times you really have to worry are when you are turning from an endpoint of the path (entrance or bottom of the stairs). Your pet is most vulnerable to damage at these points, but more importantly, so are you. Getting yourself caught at the turnaround by Cross Reaver/Havoc Spiral/Dragonfall/Shield Bash is possible (even Banishga III depending on timing/positioning), but less likely if you can set yourself up to get a headstart by using Stay at endpoints, and of course going /NIN in the chance that one of their abilities clip you in passing. This is why we generally do GK or HM after TT - to protect the kiter from having less potentially overlapping TP moves to deal with when turning around each time.

On occasion you can definitely have a bad turn of luck and get caught by more than 1 ability on turn-around and die, in which case someone else can simply pick up where you left off. The couple times I died Falkirk was able to swoop in and save the day. The important thing about ensuring this transition works smoothly is the pull. When you first pull mobs you want to send your pet in to attack TT. I usually grab indirect hate as further insurance by doing a quick Swooping Frenzy/Heel before Zhivago actually lands a hit. This ensures that A) you'll never pull hate from your pet while casting shadows/performing actions and B) if you die, the other AA go passive, so with communication you can anticipate them walking back and having a secondary kiter tag the lead returning AA before it gets near the alliance.

Mulsums are absolutely needed as insurance, but I have done runs where I have only had to use Thetas.

I know in recent weeks Falkirk has been playing this role, so I'm sure he might have more to add about what he finds easier!

EDIT: Because pictures make the world go round!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sathicus
By Fenrir.Sathicus 2015-07-15 22:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhhh, you kite, not stand tank. That makes MUCH more sense.

I must've glossed over that part of the previous post, because I'm sitting here thinking this whole conversation is in terms of SZ facetanking 4 AA at once, hence my "lolno" reaction.

The turning points would worry me, I can see that being problematic, but overall it sounds like an interesting strategy. I agree that with this strategy it'd be good to save EV for near last as ideally you probably want to pull ones you know you can kill quickly to minimize danger ASAP.

Very interesting. Probably not an approach I'll end up trying because I think the most actual players we ever have at any given time is 7, usually 4-5 all 2boxing. Doesn't seem like a strategy that would be conducive to lower numbers, but still cool nonetheless.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-07-16 07:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sathicus said: »
Ohhhh, you kite, not stand tank. That makes MUCH more sense.

I must've glossed over that part of the previous post, because I'm sitting here thinking this whole conversation is in terms of SZ facetanking 4 AA at once, hence my "lolno" reaction.

The turning points would worry me, I can see that being problematic, but overall it sounds like an interesting strategy. I agree that with this strategy it'd be good to save EV for near last as ideally you probably want to pull ones you know you can kill quickly to minimize danger ASAP.

Very interesting. Probably not an approach I'll end up trying because I think the most actual players we ever have at any given time is 7, usually 4-5 all 2boxing. Doesn't seem like a strategy that would be conducive to lower numbers, but still cool nonetheless.

We usually had a full 18, I think the lowest we did it with was 9. Mind you this was before the Spur change, so it might be more difficult unless the BSTs start meleeing themselves.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By jankenpoy 2015-08-15 15:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I just solo'ed Celestial Nexus II Normal.
Trusts: Gessho (Which is very good for this fight), 2 PLD tanks, and 2 healer tanks.
SJ: Ninja
Pet: BouncingBertha
Food: Akamochi

Just need to keep shadows up and keep pet alive, when phase 2 comes I called trusts again to finish the kid (I had to use unleash here), pet died in phase 2 so I used call beast NQ cricket.

#feelsamazinglol
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-10-11 11:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to be able to solo REM pages for whenever I fancy 119-ing a set of AF gear on me or a mule.

1-5 are totally stupidly pointlessly easy with the macrocosmic orb battles.

But I'm still a little wary of the battles for pages 6-10
So are the Ark Angel II battles the easiest way of doing these pages now?

BST fully gifted to 1200 job points. Meh gear but 3 x 119 axes to choose from.
Enough gil and/or cooking skill to make spamming mulsums a viable strategy if needed. (it's how I solo-ed a lot of Abyssea lol)

Any ideas or advice would be handy. Even if the only advice is "VE will be possible Frank"
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2015-10-11 12:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The ONLY difficult Ark Angel is EV. TT can be annoying if you get stoned or slept at a bad time, but with trusts you can pretty much do any of them on at least N.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
By Xilk 2015-12-02 13:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Deacon Tabar only drop to the Ark Angels in Escha Ru'aun?

It looks that way when I dig in and compare the wiki, though it was very unclear before. Now, I just want to make sure.
 Cerberus.Midgitis
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-12-02 14:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah only from the Escha varient of AA MR
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12