Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Sirtaint
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Asura.Sirtaint 2018-07-27 15:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ichi is all about timing. You cast it just as the mob hits you and it won’t get interrupted. Been doing this since Fafhogg was endgame.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-27 17:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither legs nor feet have accuracy, which is why you'd only use them if your accuracy is good enough for the content and you're receiving samurai's roll. Clearly you wouldn't use them if you're whiffing a bunch, its for max STP, as the zanshin on feet makes up for the loss of multi attack. If you need acc, then you start applying the appropriate pieces until you are at a comfortable hit rate (kenda+1 legs or feet, or flamma+2 feet). The same logic could be applied to the empyrean body vs hq kendatsuba. The STP and zanshin out perform the impressive stats on kenda, when the appropriate conditions are met. Personally, I paid too much damn money for my togi and I full-time that ***cuz 6 TA Is pretty sexy. The guide is just a guide, though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-27 17:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirtaint said: »
Ichi is all about timing. You cast it just as the mob hits you and it won’t get interrupted. Been doing this since Fafhogg was endgame.

This.

Default mob auto attack interval and Utsusemi: Ichi cast time are pretty close to each other. If you time the casting right, you don't need any FC. 20% gives just enough of a buffer to make it reliable.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-07-27 17:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Neither legs nor feet have accuracy, which is why you'd only use them if your accuracy is good enough for the content and you're receiving samurai's roll. Clearly you wouldn't use them if you're whiffing a bunch, its for max STP, as the zanshin on feet makes up for the loss of multi attack. If you need acc, then you start applying the appropriate pieces until you are at a comfortable hit rate (kenda+1 legs or feet, or flamma+2 feet). The same logic could be applied to the empyrean body vs hq kendatsuba. The STP and zanshin out perform the impressive stats on kenda, when the appropriate conditions are met. Personally, I paid too much damn money for my togi and I full-time that ***cuz 6 TA Is pretty sexy. The guide is just a guide, though.

I thought the augment on Ryou Legs +1 was generally Path D for the extra STP and +25? acc.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-07-27 17:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah legs have 20~25 accuracy on NQ/HQ respectively for path D.

again, if you don't want to put money into it, you don't have to.

it's a set that ignores accuracy in lieu of zanhasso and stp, that's all.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-27 17:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry was looking at the base stats.
By Afania 2018-07-27 20:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Asura.Sirtaint said: »

This.

Default mob auto attack interval and Utsusemi: Ichi cast time are pretty close to each other. If you time the casting right, you don't need any FC. 20% gives just enough of a buffer to make it reliable.

Its not reliable enough and sometimes in emergency I have to wait after next hit to hit the right timing, which is risky as *** with how hard mobs hit these days, its so much easier to rely on FC and get it off immediately regardless how long it will take for next attack to come.

Ive tanked old school in 75 when we didn't have much FC, and we had to rely on timing for ichi back then. No way Im going back to that era again.

Im probably spoiled by 80% FC anyways, its like epeo or yagrush, you think youre fine without it because it seems to work ok with "skill", once you have it you never want to go back to the life without it again, because its just better to have it.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-28 11:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM's emergency button is Seigan/TE until Ni is back up. I can't think of much that can't be Elegy/Slowed these days either or an AoE that can flat out 1shot a SAM in DT set, so what exactly is attacking so fast that you need to maintain Ni/ichi. SAM shouldn't even be casting ichi... if you're in a true pickle(very rare) just seigan/TE until Ni is back up.

Have you seen SAM's DT set, Afania? We lose very little DPS just fulltiming it, so idk why you think we lose massive DPS to a COR/NIN who still lose DPS trying to maintain Ni/Ichi and lose way more DPS if they have to try and DD in their DT set.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-28 12:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
SAM's emergency button is Seigan/TE until Ni is back up. I can't think of much that can't be Elegy/Slowed these days either or an AoE that can flat out 1shot a SAM in DT set, so what exactly is attacking so fast that you need to maintain Ni/ichi. SAM shouldn't even be casting ichi... if you're in a true pickle(very rare) just seigan/TE until Ni is back up.

Have you seen SAM's DT set, Afania? We lose very little DPS just fulltiming it, so idk why you think we lose massive DPS to a COR/NIN who still lose DPS trying to maintain Ni/Ichi and lose way more DPS if they have to try and DD in their DT set.

Wait wut? Exactly which post that I made claim that sam/nin lose dps to a cor/nin and nin is the ideal sj for sam? Can you reference it?

I was agreeing with buuki about sam shouldn't sub nin in dyna in this thread, instead rely on wilt and dt sets for surviability, and the job that I talked about wave 3 surviability in another thread was WAR v.s THF(a 1h dd thats damn close to 2h and able to steal sp) and WAR vs DRK(a job with drain 3 and high attack) in a 23 min fight. It was not sam v.s cor at all.

I didnt mention cor in entire discussion nor dps lose via shadows casting at all, I only said its better to get FC as high as possible if you do sub NIN. I dont know how you get it mixed up to make claims like this:

so idk why you think we lose massive DPS to a COR/NIN who still lose DPS trying to maintain Ni/Ichi and lose way more DPS if they have to try and DD in their DT set.

Its slightly annoying that you keep missing the point in 2 different discussions and PM you know?
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-07-28 12:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Points to take away, sam shouldn't sub nin. The end! Can literally ride seigan/third eye forever (especialy if you toss on Kogara) We always get in these pointless conversations about jobs. If you want to make a set for /nin go for it.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-28 12:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
We always get in these pointless conversations about jobs.

This... and it all started with me defending for none WAR DDs like drk and thf in another dyna thread, lol. Appearantly Ejiin hold a grudge against me since then. To the point that everything I said got pulled toward that direction, including a comment about the usefulness of FC set.

I dont even know how "getting high FC is useful if you sub NIN" (I said that) turn into "sam/nin lose dps to a cor/nin" (I didnt say that). Its just dumb.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-28 12:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not what we're saying. The argument being made is that if you are subbing ninja for constant survivability in dynamis, ninja sub on samurai is extremely underwhelming and you cannot ride it full-time with any level of success. At best, it's a supplemental level of defense that hurts the job more than it helps it. You could just as easily survive with full DT and defensive buffs with less hindrance to your dps. If any job can handle the dps loss it's samurai, but Sam is no slouch for taking damaging anyways.

My only claim was that you could pick a better DD that isn't punished as heavily with utsusemi. You can still make it work as samurai main and if that helps you live longer, then it's a win. It's just an unfavorable combination because of the penalties attached to stacking both job specific skills. You get better results dropping seigan hasso and casting in FC set because +50% cast time is stupidly long
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-28 12:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

The argument being made is that if you are subbing ninja for constant survivability in dynamis, ninja sub on samurai is extremely underwhelming and you cannot ride it full-time with any level of success. At best, it's a supplemental level of defense that hurts the job more than it helps it. You could just as easily survive with full DT and defensive buffs with less hindrance to your dps. If any job can handle the dps loss it's samurai, but Sam is no slouch for taking damaging anyways.

My only claim was that you could pick a better DD that isn't punished as heavily with utsusemi. You can still make it work as samurai main and if that helps you live longer, then it's a win. It's just an unfavorable combination because of the penalties attached to stacking both job specific skills. You get better results dropping seigan hasso and casting in FC set because +50% cast time is stupidly long

This x100.... quoted for people completely missed the point(over and over) and start imagining things that was never mentioned.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-28 12:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is you lose almost nothing from subbing NIN on SAM. SAM isn't a very sub dependent job, assuming you can cap attack from outside sources, which nearly every group tries to do since riding berserk/last resort these days is never really worth the risk unless you're also stacking massive defense buffs too.

Fulltiming Ni is just another layer of defense while allowing you to ride your max DPS set as long as possible before having to swap to DT at the cost of losing 10% DA from traits, which isn't a terrible trade.

Afania said: »
This... and it all started with me defending for none WAR DDs like drk and thf in another dyna thread, lol. Appearantly Ejiin hold a grudge against me since then.

You made a rash judgment based on your first experience where you said your COR won the DPS parse due to being /NIN, while all the heavy DD died and thus implying heavy DD could not do this fight safely... which has turned out to be patently false, and I think this is why you're acting so salty right now.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-28 12:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Fulltiming Ni is just another layer of defense while allowing you to ride your max DPS set as long as possible before having to swap to DT at the cost of losing 10% DA from traits, which isn't a terrible trade.

Well said. I was merely commenting on the overall usefulness of having to rely on it for safety. I agree that it adds an extra layer where you can feel "safe", my comments were regarding the synergy of the jobs themselves and not the practical use of trying to remain upright. That's always a noble plan and I applaud it.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-28 13:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You made a rash judgment based on your first experience where you said your COR won the DPS parse due to being /NIN, while all the heavy DD died and thus implying heavy DD could not do this fight safely... which has turned out to be patently false, and I think this is why you're acting so salty right now.

Im not "salty", more like annoyed because you keep putting words in my mouth, making claims about things I never say. And thats normal human reaction to feel annoyed when their words are being twisted into something completely different.

Including comment like this:

You made a rash judgment based on your first experience where you said your COR won the DPS parse due to being /NIN,

Quote the post that I claim my cor wins parse in alliance, I will delete my AH account and never post here again.

You cant find it anyways. Because the parse I posted was drk 18%, war 17%, cor 16% from the video. I cited exact number from the video and the number didnt even show cor being the highest. And its ridiculous that you keep putting words in my mouth over and over, twist my words into something completely different. Or made claims that I said X when in fact I said Y.

In your original post, you pushed war as meta DD for wave3 because they are best at zergs, I disagree because the fight is too long and MS doesn't quite stand out as much like they do in 2 min fight, the difference MS make in a 23 min fight doesn't make other jobs obsolete. And it doesn't go anything further than that. If anything its YOU who made a rash judgement of war being meta DD for wave 3, not I.

I liked shadow synergy of 1h, hp boost of drk. I think defense is not necessary, but its going to be useful. I posted the parse showing drk on top to support argument that drk can keep up or surpass war in such a long fight. I emphasis the usefulness of defense, but never give ***to groups who prefer offense if they have the support for it. If you want a more offensive approach then go for it, but that doesn't mean defensive approach in a pt setup is completely useless.

Giving ***to whoever prefer different approach for clear, thats pretty much what you are doing atm.

thus implying heavy DD could not do this fight safely... which has turned out to be patently false, and I think this is why you're acting so salty right now.

Nope, saying 1h DD has its advantage with shadow synergy is not the same as saying 2h dd will all die a horrible death with no salvation. FFXI isnt black and white.

Well said. I was merely commenting on the overall usefulness of having to rely on it for safety. I agree that it adds an extra layer where you can feel "safe", my comments were regarding the synergy of the jobs themselves and not the practical use of trying to remain upright. That's always a noble plan and I applaud it.

This too, not one single comment was made about casting time dps lose. Only about JA prolonging casting and recast. I dont know how it turn into dps lose discussion either. Because people obviously cant read.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-28 13:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote the post that I claim my cor wins parse in alliance, I will delete my AH account and never post here again.
I was the only person who didn't die in entire run, if I didnt have shadows I would probably die too, since I ate a couple of nm ws near the end. Dead dd does no dps as always. Whoever dies less will ended up parsing the highest. In that case dd with stronger surviability has higher chance to win parse.

One deletion please. You infer that the one who died least won, after saying your the only one that didn't die.
By Afania 2018-07-28 13:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I was the only person who didn't die in entire run, if I didnt have shadows I would probably die too, since I ate a couple of nm ws near the end. Dead dd does no dps as always. Whoever dies less will ended up parsing the highest. In that case dd with stronger surviability has higher chance to win parse.

One deletion please. You infer that the one who died least won, after saying your the only one that didn't die.

They are in 2 different sentence though, referring 2 different things. 1st part of the paragraph illustrated how shadow do help from experience, last part of the paragraph illustrated the importance of defense. They are 2 seperate points.

If you want to play with words, here you go:

Cor is not DD, the "who" that comes after it implies DD sitting in DD spot. So you cant connect 2nd part with 1st. Because the sentence "dead DD does no dps" already cut the connection between last sentence and 1st.

Next? Im still looking for something direct like "COR won the parse in alliance". I dont recall typing that in wave 3 job discussion.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-07-28 16:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not having any luck with Valorous Mask Augments.

How much worse is Flamma+2 head for fudo?

The Attributes are very high STR/DEX, and it does have a nice amount of Accuracy, Store TP and Triple Attack.

Valor Mask: Acc+17, Atk+26 WSDMG+5
Valor Mail: STR+4 Acc+30 WSDMG+4
Valor Mitts:DEX+9 Acc29 Atk+9 WSDMG+5
Valor Feet: STR+4 Acc+28 Atk+13 WSDMG+5

Pushes my Fudo Set down to 1126
While Flamma+2 head puts my accuracy at 1146.
I'm mainly concerned about wave 3 Dynamis.
By Foxfire 2018-07-28 17:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're concerned about your valorous augments not being sufficient, flamma head/feet are very good replacements, undoubtedly. You can use them in an higher accuracy tier ws set, if you like.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-07-28 20:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The magic number you need for wave3 on SAM is 1240 for WS and TP if you assume you'll be getting an idris precision, Marcato Honor with Mad x2 and use sublime sushi.

Don't forget Fudo's 1st hit gets a 100 accuracy buff, so really you only need 1140 for WS. You'll need slightly more for mobs with evasion bonus traits. Try to keep as much WSDMG as you can while getting 1140, which will be different for everyone depending on what augments you have.

You need far less for Wave3 mega and fetters, especially if you have SV songs up, then accuracy shouldn't be a concern at all and just go maximum DPS.
By geigei 2018-07-29 01:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Casting shadows is huge dps loss, stuff aoe every few sec.

Hybrid set with defensive bubble is what i prefer.
 Bismarck.Uzugami
Server: Bismarck
user: SSJAV
By Bismarck.Uzugami 2018-08-02 21:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So working on my Valorous augments; How much STR/Acc/Atk is worth 1% WSD? Right now I have:
Valorous Mail AGI+8 Acc+13 Attack+28 WSD+4%
Valorous Mitts STR+9 Acc+21 Attack +8 WSD+3%
Valorous Mask STR+7 Attack+27 WSD+3%
Valorous Mask CHR+9 Acc+37 Attack+23 WSD+3%

Outside of the two with STR/acc on them; How much STR~ or other stat would I kinda use as a base for replacing augments if it means dropping 1 WSD?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-02 21:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Difficult to say exactly, since both will have diminishing marginal utility. I wouldn't go too far on the body, though, since relic is the goal.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2018-08-02 21:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't actually do Dynamis D right now, and probably won't for atleast the next month or so. So it's probably not worth going super hard on augments in hopes for slightly better augs?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-02 21:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't. Head, hands, and feet are good, though.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2018-08-02 22:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, cool. Now I just need to figure out how to kill Kist for the feet. >.>; Thanks!
By aigulfe 2018-08-02 22:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

eh i can see the point (going up a few posts to /nin and ***lol sorry) of maybe SAM's specifically not wanting to sub /nin. SAM is a job I have mastered and played a ton back in the day (TOAU era I was a COR and SAM main). I know my SAM's fast cast set isnt nearly as good as my CORs... and SAM can flip the Seigan switch... but idk.. whenever ppl start talking about dps loss, idk.. maybe yall just have way better tanks? But if you're dead, your dps is completely done. If you can ride out seigan thats great but piling on DT gear and requiring the GEO does different bubbles is.. killing your dps too. I guess its likely you're rolling with multiple GEOs and one of them just does that full time anyway... but for the rest of us who have to succeed with a lot less to work with... /nin is viable enough on most DD jobs.

I guess the topic was specifically dynamis and maybe SAM isnt as big a risk to pull hate there as a COR is. I've got all 4 clears on both, my COR tanks most NMs and the midboss basically from the end of the first SC till its dead. My SAM doesn't do that. My experience on COR is that I rarely notice any real "dps" loss while casting shadows and i barely take any dmg as long as i have some haste to keep my Ni recast down. My fast cast set is on point and usually i time it well enough so im casting mid swing. If my next round of swings is delayed (maybe it is? lol never noticed) im in a SC situation anyway. If we give our mage even the tiniest window to burst, ill be back to 3K tp without question by the time its my turn to Leaden again. Without /nin, pretty sure i'd be dead on most NMs on COR. (I get this is the SAM forum, again, seigan probably viable enough).

I guess my main point is ppl always seem to act like they can just spam WS without consequence and anything that slows that down is bad. But surviveability is a thing and maybe you guys have amazing tanks that just laugh at your dps because they'll hold hate thru it anyway.. or maybe you never SC things idk.. but the pure dps argument to me usually falls flat in reality. On paper its fine but in reality, are you really just spamming WS and dps without consequence or thought for anything beyond a zerg strat all that much?

I haven't met a tank that can keep hate off my COR if its closing a 3- or 4-step SC in there. And as an aside, it wouldnt shock me one bit if a COR did win an alliance parse in dyna quite frankly it should.
First Page 2 3 ... 95 96 97 ... 153 154 155