Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 153 154 155
By Foxfire 2018-04-19 13:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

wouldn't flamma feet+ring be an adequate replacement for ws in those sets?

I think Dilettante's grip +1 is also an OK alternative since it's acc6/atk6/da1 and hp+40

given the current woe campaign, it shouldn't be impossible to obtain

as for ammo options should you be using paeapua/ginsen, maybe Amar cluster for ws as a swap piece?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-19 14:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
wouldn't flamma feet+ring be an adequate replacement for ws in those sets?

I think Dilettante's grip +1 is also an OK alternative since it's acc6/atk6/da1 and hp+40

given the current woe campaign, it shouldn't be impossible to obtain

as for ammo options should you be using paeapua/ginsen, maybe Amar cluster for ws as a swap piece?

1. I used Flamma +1 in those sets, so the set bonus wouldn't apply, but I did note that they are decent alternatives below the set.

2. Probably decent. With Amano specifically, I'd probably just fork out the money for the extra DA.

3. Yes, Amar Cluster is fine, I always forget that exists. Honestly, unless you have Knobkierrie, I like the bow.
By Foxfire 2018-04-19 19:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't disagree, but since you were recommending ammo options for tp, it's also worth giving them a ws alternative should they go that route
edit:
prior to knob, anyway
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2018-04-20 00:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the recommendations! This is what I put together so far since I've returned. No Vagary, Omen bosses, or Dyna done yet but I'm hoping to gear up as best as I can before then so I can join a LS that does that.

ItemSet 358403
ItemSet 358405

Working on missions right now to finish Adoulin for WSD+ Ring and the Moonshade from WOTG.

How many people would I need to gather up to take down those NMs that drop Valorous and Ryuo abjurations? I can at least muster a half/full party, but anything beyond that is out of my reach right now.

Also, what's my best WS spam option? I was expecting more after unlocking Fudo, my eyeballs feel like Shoha is still doing more if there's someone else in party cutting off Fudo > Fudo Light.

And lastly, is it worth TPing in NQ Kasuga for the time-being, or should I switch it for something with more ACC until Ryuo?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-20 08:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

All of those NMs can be done with a small group of average/beginner geared jobs. If you have one, endgame geared job with you that person could probably solo it.

Sava: Vampire, lots of magic damage. Usually a race to see if you can damage him faster than he damages you.
Yilan: Very easy with a tank and a sch with a few blms to magic burst. Even easier with a geo for malaise/acumen.
Sang: Same as Yilan actually.

WS spam, you'll probably see more consistency out of Shoha right now until you can start getting more WSD in your sets. Once you start getting some of the WSD items, Fudo will really take off. Fudo is probably your strongest option when you are above 2000 TP even without WSD.

Wakido +2 is fine, probably better than anything other than Kasuga +1. Possible pieces to trade out in more advanced sets would be valorous mail with a good acc, STP or DA augment, Dagon breastplate Kin omen boss drop, kendatsuba samue @500 JP.

Edit:
Couple of recommendations in your current set.

Look at possibly getting lugra earring +1 and lugra earring for WSing at night. They are great, and it looks like you don't have access to moonshade earring.

I'd probably just WS in Rajas Ring rather than the Pyrosoul for the STP. 2 STR isn't going to significantly impact you, but the STP might.

Since +2 AF seems to be an option, wakido haidate +2 is actually a really good TP piece with quite a bit of accuracy and STP.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-21 07:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Figured it was high time I made another SAM video. Following on from my experiments with the Founder's Breastplate on DRG I re-visited SAM and put in the Founder's Breastplate for fights where I would be using Warding Circle, or having another Circle ability used on me. The results I thought were pretty epic, especially against Crom Dubh, I never expected to wipe him out in one multi-step. Kagero and Koki really punish him.

Do people have the Founder's Breastplate put in for situations like these? I've run the math and this is what I've come up with, feel free to fact check me.

Assuming you are only using the Founder's Breastplate
10% from Demon Killer II
17% from Warding Circle (assuming gear bonus)
6% from Red Curry Bun+1 (that's the food I was using)
6% from Vorseals (assuming 3/3 and with x2 effect from Blessing)

39% in total, which halved is 19.5% (19% because it rounds down). This essentially boils down to getting a 19% direct damage increase and a 19% damage reduction from one armor slot, which seems well worth it over any other option.

Founder's Breastplate (assuming the above circumstances)
DEF:146 HP+70 STR+30 DEX+26 VIT+30 AGI+21 INT+21 MND+21 CHR+21
Accuracy+35 Attack+35 Magic Accuracy+35 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+35
Evasion+44 Magic Evasion+59 "Magic Def. Bonus"+4
Haste+3% "Double Attack"+3%
Damage Dealt+19%
Damage Taken-19%
Annuls damage taken +2%
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2018-04-21 08:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot Hamanoha, which is extremely useful against demons.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-21 10:46:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Demon Killer II and Warding Circle are nerfed to 5% and 11% (with enhancement) on NMs, and Killer Effect vorseals don't get doubled by that blessing. There also might be a Killer effect nerf on NMs from food, as well.

Depending on whether food effects are nerfed on NMs or not, inside Escha, the body actually gives +9%/-9% (if food killer effects give nothing on NMs) to +12%/-12% (if food killer effects have full potency on NMs). I'll go test food later today.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-04-21 10:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Founder's Breastplate (assuming the above circumstances)
DEF:146 HP+70 STR+30 DEX+26 VIT+30 AGI+21 INT+21 MND+21 CHR+21
Accuracy+35 Attack+35 Magic Accuracy+35 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+35
Evasion+44 Magic Evasion+59 "Magic Def. Bonus"+4
Haste+3% "Double Attack"+3%
Damage Dealt+19%
Damage Taken-19%
Annuls damage taken +2%

It'll be Damage Dealt+19% and Damage Taken-19% on regular monsters, but closer to 12~13% against Impossible To Gauge foes because of the Killer nerf on NMs (which doesn't detract from the Founder's body being a valuable situational piece, just thought it was worth mentioning).

Liked your video - thanks for showing some high-end SAM swagger.
o/

Edit: Geriond beat me to it.
By tyalangan 2018-04-21 10:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Demon Killer II and Warding Circle are nerfed to 5% and 11% (with enhancement) on NMs, and Killer Effect vorseals don't get doubled by that blessing. There also might be a Killer effect nerf on NMs from food, as well.

Depending on whether food effects are nerfed on NMs or not, inside Escha, the body actually gives +9%/-9% (if food killer effects give nothing on NMs) to +12%/-12% (if food killer effects have full potency on NMs). I'll go test food later today.

So, for WSs wouldn't Sam Relic +3 be a better option leaving Founders to use for TP gain?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-21 11:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just eyeballing them, which piece wins for WS is likely going to be situational, and which one wins will depend on your attack vs mob's defense, how much WSDMG you have in other slots, and whether food Demon Killer is full strength or not.

It will win in terms of pure white damage on TP, but given how small white damage is (especially for SAM), putting on something with better TP gain stats (more multi attack or STP) might beat it in terms of overall DPS.

Regardless, it's by far the best defensive piece in that slot against demons, since the damage reduction is a separate term from DT.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-04-21 11:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not so sure about Founder's being worthwhile on physical single-hit WS, given that relic+3 is a thing.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-21 11:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tested using Weapon Bash on Bia during double vorseal blessing:

No breastplate: 227

Breastplate with no special buffs: 234 (consistent with 8% total Arcana Killer; 5% from trait, 3% from vorseal)

Breastplate with Jack o'lantern: 238 (consistent with 10% total Arcana Killer; 5% from trait, 3% from vorseal, 2% from Jack-o'-lantern)

Jack-o'-lantern has +4 listed Arcana Killer, so it looks like food killer effects are halved on NMs.

Thus, that setup posted earlier makes the breastplate gives +11%/-11%.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-04-21 12:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Founders bonus would apply to any multi attacks that occur, to the best of my knowledge, so thats something to consider.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-04-21 12:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, it looks like it's worse than I thought.

The current consensus is that non-enhanced Circles are normally +15% to the killer effect, +10% on NMs because that's what the damage bonus and resistance are, and we assumed they were mirrored.

However, it turns out that the non-enhanced circles are actually +7% (or +7.5% and truncated at some point between the raw killer rate and founder's breastplate's halving) killer rate on NMs, not +10%. Going to test with the enhancement next.
By Ruaumoko 2018-04-21 19:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
Founders bonus would apply to any multi attacks that occur, to the best of my knowledge, so thats something to consider.
I think that's how I was getting 30-36k Enpi's on Taelmoth.

I did wonder at first but that makes sense.
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2018-04-23 20:59:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to think my gear is decent, and my kagero and Koki were only doing 9-15K on Crom. What Gear are you using, or was it lucky multi-hit procs?
Edit: just did Taelmoth and ended with a 50K fudo and 99,999 radiance so it looks like it is the multi-hits.
 Asura.Sykopata
user: Freazer
By Asura.Sykopata 2018-04-26 16:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see any sets updated on the front page. what am I looking for are tp and wskill sets using doji, I'm sure its already been answered scrolled back a few pages and didn't see any sets that really answered what I was looking for
By tyalangan 2018-04-26 17:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sykopata said: »
Didn't see any sets updated on the front page. what am I looking for are tp and wskill sets using doji, I'm sure its already been answered scrolled back a few pages and didn't see any sets that really answered what I was looking for

Page 84 and Page 83...

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Carbuncle.Spiketaru said: »
Got my hands on a Doji and in the process of building Masa, so I thought I'd revise my TP set. I could use some advice.

ItemSet 357348

I know Masa benefits greatly from stacking multi-hit, but should I stick with primarily STP for Doji?

Mostly asking:
Cessance+Brutal vs Telos+Dedition
Smertrios' w/ DA vs Takaha
Various NQ Kendatsuba equips vs what I have now

It looks like you are going the path of Zanhasso for your TP phase. So, with that assumption in mind, here are a couple general points to consider.

1. Zanshin procs give you more TP than a regular hit, so STP is relatively less important in a Zanhasso build.
2. The amount of STP you need in your build depends heavily on what amount of STP you use Weaponskills in.
3. Even if you weren't doing Zanhasso, I think you probably have way overkill for STP.

Foxfire gave generally decent advice except for one thing. If you are doing Zanhasso, Kasuga Domaru +1 is much better for you than Kendatsuba Samue.

This is my current Doji WS set:
ItemSet 354067

With that set, my expected TP return will be 222 TP. Which means I need 260 TP/hit during TP phase for a 4-hit. You're current Doji TP set gives you 294 TP/hit if you have master sam. That is way overkill, UNLESS, you want that much TP/hit to hit something higher than 1000 TP for your WS.

You do have enough STP in your build if you have a cor using SAM Roll to get a 3-hit build actually if you assume an average bonus from your corsair of +50 STP which I think is pretty easily achieved. So this would be a good build for SAM roll up.

If you don't have a cor, this is more what I would propose for a straight STP build for Doji.
ItemSet 354066

That gives 266 TP/hit without taking into account Zanshin/Hasso.

If you want to stay with the Zanhasso build, I'd lose the Dedition/Telos Combo and do Brutal/Cessance. I'd also do what Foxfire recommended for your legs and get Kendatsuba legs. Petrov Ring is going to be better for you unless you need the acc from Flamma. You're still going to have a ton of overkill on STP in this build, but the Kasugi Domaru and JSE back are important to the build for maximizing Zanhasso.

I'll defer to others on Masamune. I haven't done any of the calculations for that one since it has a delay of 431.
By Foxfire 2018-04-26 20:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

a few pages = 2 pages

2 pages too many!!

edit: someone actually came looking for me on discord about sets for the guide so i made some 'gearing up' sets and posted ejiin's zerg set

i want to do tiered sets for doji/masa next so i'll be looking forward to your brutal commentary
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-27 09:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Where the sets posted though?
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-04-27 13:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM Guide on BG
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-27 13:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo, you're starter sets should not include Empy +1 gear. I know quite a few people with access to Reisenjima gear that don't have Vagary wins.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-27 13:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The "Max Tier" TP Set in that guide might be struggling for accuracy, depending upon buffs. You may want to post the accuracy values of those sets including Gifts, and include some language discussing the buffs needed to use it to reach the accuracy requirements of various endgame activities.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-04-27 13:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk I assume that the link is what foxfire was talking about when he was talking about a guide. And also assume from his previous post that it's incomplete as of now. And if you read that guide line for line and not just look at the sets you'd know it's incomplete and a wip. Only posted the link because someone asked.

Edit: also no guide should be taken as the gospel truth
By Foxfire 2018-04-27 15:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Imo, you're starter sets should not include Empy +1 gear. I know quite a few people with access to Reisenjima gear that don't have Vagary wins.
Yeah, I've been thinking about that as well, probably going to switch out the body for flamma and adding vagary to 'mid'.

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
The "Max Tier" TP Set in that guide might be struggling for accuracy, depending upon buffs. You may want to post the accuracy values of those sets including Gifts, and include some language discussing the buffs needed to use it to reach the accuracy requirements of various endgame activities.
Quote:
These sets are by no means set in stone. +1's (or +2's in ambuscade equipment's case) are not a hard requirement in any of these—but as always, they're welcome advantages. The "gearing up" process establishes a baseline set with low accuracy requirements but sufficient Store TP to maintain an x-hit build—however—these sets are built around a typical party composition (bard, geo), but excluding SAM roll for any extra cushion in regards to TP. TP overflow is a good thing anyway.

Maybe I need to specify more, but these sets were made in mind for someone getting into samurai for the first time, ergo 0 JP and looking to do something trivial like apex bats. With your "typical party composition", the zerg set should allow you to do most content beyond higher tier escha clears and the like.

Next step is including sets for the 'experienced' samurai, so I'll be including the kendatsuba set as a viable TP set, leading up to 5/5 wakido for max acc.

Also I don't have the accuracy values offhand so I'll need some assistance w/ that, probably. Maybe not, we'll see.

Asura.Nuance said: »
Edit: also no guide should be taken as the gospel truth
also yes, i'm not an authority on sam either so grain of salt etc
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-27 15:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Or just 109 Kasuga Domaru instead of +1.
By Foxfire 2018-04-27 16:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think korazin +1 is a better choice for starting out due to the 40 acc, though?

Idk.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-27 16:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'f you're looking for just acc sure. Partly though, since you're already including some gear from Escha zones in the starter set, it should be considered from the beginning to build for Zanhasso. the NQ Domaru seems like the stronger beginner piece here considering that.
By Foxfire 2018-04-27 16:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose that's true. I've changed it accordingly.
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 153 154 155