Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 154 155 156
By Kyler 2014-02-10 09:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe the only content they released that stated there was no level correction was delve.
 Bismarck.Keityan
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-02-10 12:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Brain said: »
You really don't need too much buffs depending on content.

For any old content you don't need buffs. Anything less than Difficult SKCNM20s doesn't require buffs, if you can land Ageha and have Dia you're golden.
On Morta, (I consider this old) with Ageha, Hasso, Berserk, Minuet V, RCB, Atmas, attack/stat drinks, you still won't cap attack.

I haven't killed many older content mobs recently, but I can't even cap attack on a mob such as ZNM-Dea with my Yoichi with Berserk unless it does Boiling Blood. (SAM+SCH)
------

While it is true that the bow combination will shine in most content if you have the right buffs, it really "does" need a ton of buffs to make it work.

That being said, in high level content such as delve, even with the Bard swapping (3 song BRDs minimum), COR swapping, Dia II light shots(2x), Ageha, GEO-Frailty, and Berserk, if you lose more than two of that list, your Namas damage is going to suffer to a point where you're better off using a G.kat.

Heck, on Tojil, if you don't have Soul Voice on top of all those buffs/debuff, you're going to have a bad time during that 75%->50% piercing stretch.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-02-10 13:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyler said: »
I believe the only content they released that stated there was no level correction was delve.

All of adoulin, i believe.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2014-02-10 13:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't the high tier VW have level correction still, so your pdif won't actually reach 3.0 for bow, so it would appear as if you aren't capping?
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-02-10 14:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't the high tier VW have level correction still, so your pdif won't actually reach 3.0 for bow, so it would appear as if you aren't capping?

It's very easy to see if a bow WS is capping or not. It's as easy as doing do a few WS-> add more attack-> does it go higher? If it doesn't go higher, then you have reached the cap. With the buffs I had pointed out, you won't cap out on Namas (hint: you'll need a GEO or a Chaos roll to do that).

I have tested Morta and Namas will cap out at 6k+ (because I've reached it before). With the mid tier buffs I stated, you'll only hit mid 5k's or less. Adding a COR will allow you to hit 6k+.

---
Interestingly though, you can hit 5,388 with Apex arrow and cap out because its additional effect is "Ignore Defense". (Adding any more Attack will do nothing to raise this value). More evidence that r.attack is not capped with the stated buffs: only a ignore defense WS will allow you to hit it!

This leads to an odd scenario where Apex Arrow does ~5.4k while Namas does ~5.6k. (Mainly due to Atmacite TP bonus buffs and uncapped r.attack), creating the ONE single scenario in the game where KogaAM3/YoichiApex is superior to Amano/Tsuru/Yoichi-Namas.

(Pointless SAM trivia /off)

So no, even with reasonable buffs and a relatively old, lower level mob, you won't cap. If you hadn't known about the Ageha thing I had mentioned a few weeks back, most SAM's would have been doing a 3-4k Namas, at which point, you're much better off using a G.kat.
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-02-10 14:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

(Despite this all, I'll still agree with you that Amano/Yoichi Tsuru/Yoichi, at the highest buffed state (utilized in a group setting), will typically be stronger than a Koga.)

I will not, however, agree that it's an easy thing to do. It requires a lot of coordination and a good group of people to pull this off.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-02-10 15:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Keityan said: »
(Despite this all, I'll still agree with you that Amano/Yoichi Tsuru/Yoichi, at the highest buffed state (utilized in a group setting), will typically be stronger than a Koga.)

I will not, however, agree that it's an easy thing to do. It requires a lot of coordination and a good group of people to pull this off.

This.

Great Katana is going to be better most of the time for the average player, playing with other average players. There probably probably aren't as many linkshells as there are servers that make Yoichi worthwhile consistently on neutral targets.

Koga vs Yoichi depends entirely on perspective. If you consider other jobs then Yoichi is going to be better because RNG can use it and you have the option to go as other DDs. If you look a SAM only perspective then Koga is the better option.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-02-10 22:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Either Morta is an exception and not a rule, with HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE high stats that were stupid for 99 content, or you missed Ageha and/or Dia II.

Are you sure your support didn't get lazy, you didn't count shouts without JAs up, etc?
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-02-11 02:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You seem dead set on over stating Namas' range of application.
[+]
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-02-11 05:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So by asking if someone else couldn't have botched some numbers on something I freely admit could have been an exception to my claim, I'm "dead set" on pushing Namas?

You realize how stupidly defensive a level 120 mob with over 900 defense would be for 99 cap right? Before all the REMs were packing an extra 242 attack from ilvl before stat bonuses, before STR was on virtually every piece of gear, and crap like Phorcys was high end.

Maybe I am wrong, it sure wouldn't be the first or last time I've botched something, but the defense he's claiming it has just seems like it's stupid high or he missed the DEF down on Ageha and had no DiaII.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-02-11 06:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

make your own support line and they can't say ***

until then, yoichi is extremely situational
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-02-11 08:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I am wrong.

Yes
[+]
 Bahamut.Cumulonimbus
Server: Bahamut
user: Strawberr
By Bahamut.Cumulonimbus 2014-02-11 11:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a reason why the tp high level max buff set for tsurumaru uses the af3+2 legs + otronif hands combo instead of the 119 hands + otronif legs like in other options?
 Bismarck.Keityan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2014-02-11 20:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cumulonimbus said: »
is there a reason why the tp high level max buff set for tsurumaru uses the af3+2 legs + otronif hands combo instead of the 119 hands + otronif legs like in other options?

Whatever the reason may be, it was likely some sort of spreadsheet "spit-out" value.

Even if it was a minor improvement, I wouldn't use af3+2 at all due to its weak defensive stats.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-02-12 01:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Am I missing something?

Yes. Mentioning which set you are talking about.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2014-02-12 01:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That set assumes you're getting the TP return from Namas Arrow. If you use Kaiten then yes, you'd need more STP, but not that much. Can just swap the back to Misuuchi with Kaiten AM up or Takaha Mantle with Kaiten AM down.
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-02-12 01:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You're STP needed is going to be determined by your WS. Namas should return more TP than say Kaiten due to its higher delay. You should actually need slightly less than 20tp per hit after Namas.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Leauce
Server: Cerberus
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2014-02-12 05:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

if i remember right, delay for ranged wpns is ranged+ammo delay = delay for ws.
in this case, 524-delay yochi and lets say 90-delaytulfaire arrow = 614 delay. 614 delay and using the ws set for amano/yochi(37stp) from the first page;
should always yield 26.7TP return for namas.

spamming namas you only need 26 stp in your tp phase gear to maintain a 5hit build(ws+4hits).

using kaiten, and using the ws set for kaiten(14stp) posted on the first page;
you will need 48stp in tp phase gear to maintain a 5hit(ws+4hits).

if you can somehow manage to spam kaiten or namas every 20sec, you will only need to maintain 41stp in tp phase gear to maintain a 5hit due to kaitens aftermath, and/or yochis high tp return.

couple questions:
you are only gettin 22 tp back from namas ws?

and general question to anyone about aftermaths since theres no info on the first page.
ppl say amano/yochi aftermaths work better together than say masa/yochi.
why is that?
i'm thinking its cuz if say masa aftermath is up, namas aftermath wont take affect if used while masa aftermath up?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-02-12 05:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Worlace said: »
Relic am will overwrite empy am.

yoichi and amano are both relics
 Remora.Brain
By Remora.Brain 2014-02-12 06:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
should always yield 26.7TP return for namas.

You shouldn't have that much STP in your Namas build.
 Cerberus.Leauce
Server: Cerberus
user: Leauce
By Cerberus.Leauce 2014-02-13 00:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

yeah, seems i was going off the tp set for yochi on first page. ws set for namas has 12stp, so that yields a return of 22.9tp.
thanks for pointing that out.

nonetheless, for nikia's setup, it will not change anything as long as he's using amano:
41stp in tp setup if you can spam kaiten or namas every 20sec,
or go w/ 48stp in tp set to maintain a 5hit(ws+4hits).

Quote:

does empy am overwrite relic am?
By Kyler 2014-02-13 03:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Leauce said: »
Quote:

yeah, seems i was going off the tp set for yochi on first page. ws set for namas has 12stp, so that yields a return of 22.9tp.
thanks for pointing that out.

nonetheless, for nikia's setup, it will not change anything as long as he's using amano:
41stp in tp setup if you can spam kaiten or namas every 20sec,
or go w/ 48stp in tp set to maintain a 5hit(ws+4hits).

Quote:

does empy am overwrite relic am?

Yes, the amano/Yoichi combo is considered better because the ODD on amano doesn't need aftermath to be up, where as masa and kogas AM need to be up for them to be competitive. And obviously if namas is overriding this every ws it's not practical
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2014-02-13 03:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

just adjust your AM settings so koga am3 remains on.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-02-16 14:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you adjust your AM settings so Mythic AM isn't overwritten by relic?
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-02-16 17:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phorcys beats Kyujutsugi for namas?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 154 155 156