Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 153 154 155
By eliroo 2021-03-03 14:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the killer effects apply to every mob? How des that work.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-03 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Worlace said: »
The total set adds Killer Effect +16, presumably +16%. Similar to the job ability Warding Circle, which purportedly gives +15% damage bonus, -15% DT, would this set not give +16% acc/atk/evasion for the majority of mobs?
No, it's just intimidation unless you equip something like the founder's piece which augments it to increase damage dealt and reduce damage taken.

eliroo said: »
Only mobs that have an applicable killer effect already, so no beastmen mobs like orcs and quadavs
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-03 15:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For the Mpaca set I have seen the video from Logical testing the evasion and defense testing using this set relative to Malignance on Apex mobs. Because the evasion is lower than malignance, I am assuming the following:

The total set adds Killer Effect +16, presumably +16%. Similar to the job ability Warding Circle, which purportedly gives +15% damage bonus, -15% DT, would this set not give +16% acc/atk/evasion for the majority of mobs?

Does this make this gear potentially extremely good? Has anybody bothered to test it? Example the legs would be quite good, especially augmented.
Sadly not how killer effect work to my knowledge, would just be intimidate, but I could be wrong here

edit: Sorry didn't see new page of post
By eliroo 2021-03-03 15:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
So don't use this set when you're fighting a nin that has access to Mijin… doesn't make the set useless.

This is correct. Ideally you would probably have a PDT Focused set which involves Mpaca and filling in DPS items where you could. The legs having SB II +5 is also really good too and certainly makes it a competitive option vs. Kenda.

The Meva is still important though and I think everyone should have a Meva set. Its how you can avoid nasty debuffs and how you can avoid taking a lot of unnecessary AoE damage. Most of the time you are in hyrbid, not because a mob is punching you, but because the mobs do dangerous TP moves.
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-03-03 15:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
No, it's just intimidation unless you equip something like the founder's piece which augments it to increase damage dealt and reduce damage taken.

Are we sure about that? Because otherwise there is no other way how the evasion is that high.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-03 15:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The evasion is roughly the same as it was to the malignance set in the video everyone is talking about, so I don't really see your point.

and counters and killer effects aren't separate in the parser
 Asura.Chevalios
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2021-03-03 23:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Only mobs that have an applicable killer effect already, so no beastmen mobs like orcs and quadavs

Works in Omen on the bosses too. Empty Killer (exists but don't know if killer effects gear includes that) for mid-bosses and Arcana Killer for the main bosses. You do a buttload more damage and take less too. That's why DRK is nice as a DD in omen.

From BG wiki:

While the Job Trait variations vary in potency via level, the innate boost for monster affinity is:

5% intimidation rate to enemies of the prey species. Verification Needed
+5% damage dealt to enemies of the prey species. Verification Needed
-5% Special Damage Taken from enemies of the prey species. Verification Needed
The damage reduction from Killer Effects is calculated as a multiplier after gear reduction totals.

The damage bonus from Killer Effects is calculated where the affinity term exists in a damage equation or as a direct multiplier where they don't exist.

The bonus from Killer Effects cap at +50%. Verification Needed

The potency of Killer Effects gained by Job Traits is halved against Notorious Monsters, but Killer Effects gained from gear is unaffected.[1]

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Killer_Effects
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-03 23:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't get increased damage without a corresponding circle or a piece of gear that augments killer effects. The stuff you quoted is for mob vs mobs, so bst pets or monstrosity purposes.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-04 02:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't get increased damage without a corresponding circle or a piece of gear that augments killer effects. The stuff you quoted is for mob vs mobs, so bst pets or monstrosity purposes.

AFAIK You actually dont get damage from additional Killer Effect with Circle too. Circles only gives damage from Circle alone, they dont activate damage from Killer Effects like Founder's body or BST empy+1 body.
[+]
By Taint 2021-03-21 11:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/213/#3569815

A very important message for the SAM forum as well.

TP Bonus on Mpaca is broken. Please read the linked post and the next few after it.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-21 12:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't directly linking a post like that misleading? Someone might just read the post, get the wrong conclusion, then leave before going 2 posts down where it's clarified that the exact opposite is true.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-21 12:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Mpaca's Cap is broken as of today FYI. Hope that helps.

Check back next update.

Edit: APril update fixed it.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-21 13:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, that post is misleading. It said the helmet worked but a couple post down it said it doesn't.
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-21 15:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

He made a mistake the first time and forgot that he had fencer TP bonus.
 Bismarck.Tewl
Server: Bismarck
user: Tewl
By Bismarck.Tewl 2021-03-30 15:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a current up to date dps spreadsheet for sam?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-04-02 03:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

AF+3 body, staunch+1, Defending ring, Gelat+1 ring, 10% PDT on cape is 38% which is a good base.

Loricate torque, r15 odnowa earring, Flume belt to finish it off when you need a full 50%

ItemSet 379113

Swap in kenda+1 for acc/meva needs and the above mentioned DT pieces when you feel you need the full 50%
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-04-11 21:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a Shining One set and a Tachi:Fudo set I can work towards?

Starter SAM so want to see what the easy pieces I can pick up are.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-11 21:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 374847

ItemSet 376258

https://www.ffxiah.com/node/428 for more info
[+]
By Foxfire 2021-04-12 00:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

your val can pull double duty if you, for some reason, have an income issue and need to save up 11m or wtv the cost is for the abj hands.
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2021-04-19 13:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the BiS Shoha set? I don't know how to use Gear Swap , only the in game equipset.
By Foxfire 2021-04-19 14:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

BiS is relative. you can use your fudo set to decent results.
common swaps for shoha are flamma feet, niqmaddu ring and lugra earring +1 for similar stat + multi-attack. can look at bg-wiki or bippin's nodes. not much seems to have changed in this regard.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-19 15:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 374789

Hands have swapped to Nyame Path B.

Will Swap Feet/legs to Nyame once closer to R19

Edit: Body to Nyame at R19
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-04-19 15:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you swap to Nyame body at R19? Assuming Overwhelm, there shouldn't be anything that replaces Relic +3. You're looking at +19% extra WSD with overwhelm. Shoha's first hit is still worth stacking WSD where possible.

Nevermind, you get the WSD bonus with overwhelm no matter what. I'd still take the much better auxiliary stats and the overwhelm TP bonus that Sakonji has over 3% DA though.
By Taint 2021-04-19 15:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 379403

Mpaca head once its working.

Nyame Hands and Feet. Rank at which they win depends on augments.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-04-19 15:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Mpaca head once its working
Mpaca head is working btw
[+]
 Bahamut.Atigeve
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Atigeve 2021-04-22 10:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

General question here, I was under the impression Doji and Masa were pretty neck and neck but both different uses, masa zerging, doji SCing, is this accurate? More so I have AG Masa and been seriously considering doing Doji, would this be worth it or a waste of time?
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-04-22 11:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Doji for absolutely nothing -- it's just a toy and not even a good one. Masamune wins for pretty much everything.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-04-22 11:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Atigeve said: »
General question here, I was under the impression Doji and Masa were pretty neck and neck but both different uses, masa zerging, doji SCing, is this accurate? More so I have AG Masa and been seriously considering doing Doji, would this be worth it or a waste of time?

You can put up some serious numbers on the skillchain with doji
First Page 2 3 ... 133 134 135 ... 153 154 155