Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 ... 153 154 155
By Aerison 2020-09-24 11:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Tatena. Harama. +1 really makes me wonder what Empy+3 body will be

edit:

Aerison said: »
Taint said: »
Xhit doesn’t matter in a Zanshin build. I’m literally spamming my WS macro.

I guess agree to disagree on ring then, wish dps cal was working.

In all honestly the one stp is not breaking or making anything use either, really comes down more to which one you already have on you.

Well I have both and was, I guess, looking for too much. Also "far outweighs" is not negligible like you mentioned. Do you know of any updated sam dps cals?
By Taint 2020-09-24 12:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Far was probably a poor choice of words, but its better.

8 str/dex effect white damage which is already poor even with AM3 up.

ACC is 2 better on Flamma, if its a factor I'm swapping builds.

10 Subtle blow never hurt anyone.

2 regen is worthless.

It boils down to 5stp vs 6stp.
 Asura.Aldolol
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-09-24 12:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Surely it's just a replacement to fodder body due to the lack of MEVA. Makes it less than desirable in any sort of meaningful content where 1 resist > than 20 dps or w/e this body adds?
By Taint 2020-09-24 13:40:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Surely it's just a replacement to fodder body due to the lack of MEVA. Makes it less than desirable in any sort of meaningful content where 1 resist > than 20 dps or w/e this body adds?

1100acc makes is useful on way more than fodder and a simple swap gets me to 1160.

Like most I toggle MEVA, Hybrid etcs as needed. Too many players sit in MEVA sets unnecessarily for too long.

SAM is my favorite job I literally keep it maxed. (Oseem can DIAF however)
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-09-24 13:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait I only have one melee set is that bad?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-09-24 15:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Tatena. Harama. +1 really makes me wonder what Empy+3 body will be

edit:

Xhit doesn’t matter in a Zanshin build. I’m literally spamming my WS macro.

I guess agree to disagree on ring then, wish dps cal was working.

In all honestly the one stp is not breaking or making anything use either, really comes down more to which one you already have on you.

Well I have both and was, I guess, looking for too much. Also "far outweighs" is not negligible like you mentioned. Do you know of any updated sam dps cals?
Mine is, but it's a bit ugly and obnoxious to use. Making it less ugly and obnoxious would be easier to just make a new one from scratch. When you first open it, everything is empty. You'll need to select the gear you want for each slot and use the save settings which will make a preferences file that you can load the next time you use it.

Fudo set is used for Fudo, Kaiten, and Impulse. Merit WS set is for Stardiver and Shoha, and Rana set is for Rana.

When you run it, it will then ask for your minimum TP and how long the fights are in seconds.

https://github.com/CaseyMakes/Simulations
By Aurone 2020-10-03 08:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello. I've been for years a forum leech but like to get hear your thoughts about a slightly different zanhasso set, which I think, has good DPS potential (I got no spreadsheet or simulation to back it up).
It's a longer post as I won't be able to post frequent. If there are major flaws in my math let me know, I tried to keep it simple.

ItemSet 375815
The mantle has zanshin +5 and stp +2 augemnts

Some set stats:
100% zanshin
~1241 acc with hasso up
137 stp (if max unity)
24% gear haste (the hasso +4 hands should make up for it though to cap delay reduction)

3% quadruple attack
~ 16% triple attack
~ 1% double attack (keeping it low for more zanhasso procs to happen)
~ 28% zanhasso (~30% if zanhasso gifts are calculated as a flat 10% increase)from the ~80% hits left after QA,TA,DA.

Added together, that is a ~47%(~49%) chance to get a tp gain equivalent of a tripple attack or more per attack round.

Also with a decent sam roll you likely are still having 2-hit setup if two single hits proc in a row.

Negative aspects are: low meva,no DT reduction and lower white damage, low subtle blow.

A couple of points I'd like to bring up:

1) The feet can be replaced by ryou sune-ate +1.
Pros: It will gain you ~+1% zanhasso (due less TA) and ~3.2% double zanhasso procs (29%zanhasso * 0.11), subtle blow +8
Cons: You lose 3% triple attack, ~-60acc, -1% zanshin, -3stp
In raw dps they should be better but double zanhasso loses likely on worth when you have warcry from a warrior or lag too much.

2) Has anyone confirmed how the zanhasso gifts work?
Is it:
% of single attack rounds (0.25+0.1 from gifts) = % of zanhasso or
(% of single attack rounds * 0.25) + flat 10% from gifts = % zanhasso ?
It makes a difference. For examle in the set above with ~20% QA/TA/DA which leave 80% attack rounds for zanhasso to trigger.
The rough math in my set above is:
80*(0.25+0.1)= 28%
(80*0.25)+10 = 30%
The second would be a lot more powerful especially on multiattack heavy sets.
I thought about testing this but if someone has done it already, please share.

3) I was wondering if the 5% miss rate 2 handers have could be added to the zanhasso math since with 100% zanshin it should always trigger a zanhasso proc on a missed first attack (no multihit) but I guess since a zanhasso proc can also miss, it evens out?

I tested (low sample of 656 hits) the zanhasso rate and double zanhasso rate from ryou sune-ate. 100% zanshin rate,hasso,0 multiattack gear, /drk.
The results were as expected 231 (35.2%) zanhasso procs.
Out of the 231 zanhasso were 30 (13.9%) double zanhasso procs (showing as triple attack on screen and in the log).

I mainly added this because I know a couple of samurai that think the "zanshin: occacionally attacks twice 11%" from the ryou feet is added to zanhasso like gifts do.

I find zanhasso is a really interesting part of the samurai job. Thanks for the read and I'm curious for you opinions and if someone got an answer on the zanhasso math regarding the gifts.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-03 10:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Aurone said: »
Has anyone confirmed how the zanhasso gifts work?
it's .35 * Zanshin, not .25 * Zanshin + .1

Aurone said: »
I was wondering if the 5% miss rate 2 handers have could be added to the zanhasso math since with 100% zanshin it should always trigger a zanhasso proc on a missed first attack (no multihit) but I guess since a zanhasso proc can also miss, it evens out?
It can be, but the value is going to change depending on your set since a normal zanshin won't happen on any round that procs any form of multi attack including zanhasso. It also requires you to miss your single attack swing.
[+]
By Taint 2020-10-03 10:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Taten legs are an interesting swap. I'm not touching the feet though. The main benefit is ACC but the set I posted already has enough ACC for 99.5% of all content.

If I need more ACC then I'll also need the Meva of Kenda.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-03 10:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

tatena feet are about equal to ryuo in your set and his, but Taint's set is slightly better overall (like ~1%) but requires no random augments from takaha mantle. Legs are a decent upgrade over ryuo, though.
[+]
By Taint 2020-10-03 11:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
tatena feet are about equal to ryuo in your set and his, but Taint's set is slightly better overall (like ~1%) but requires no random augments from takaha mantle. Legs are a decent upgrade over ryuo, though.

Assumes Top unity right?

Losing Sylvie is a larger DPS loss than any of these swaps lol.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-10-03 11:10:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 375823

Going to use this until i get body
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-10-03 11:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

Assumes Top unity right?

Losing Sylvie is a larger DPS loss than any of these swaps lol.
no, I used lowest rank. I always assume lowest rank, leviathan has weird crap like the galka unity in first sometimes, so just easier to go for worst.
[+]
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
Server: Fenrir
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2020-10-04 22:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 375823

Honest question: Why sailfi+1 (augmented) instead of Ioskeha+1?
to my eye Ioskeha has 18/100 chances of multiattack and sailfi has 16/100, and i've always heard sam benefit more from DA than TA, plus iosheka has accuracy.

Edit: nevermind, its the haste cap
By SimonSes 2020-10-05 05:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Pirinolon said: »
ItemSet 375823

to my eye Ioskeha has 18/100 chances of multiattack and sailfi has 16/100, and i've always heard sam benefit more from DA than TA, plus iosheka has accuracy.

Its not the haste cap. You have 27% haste with Ioskeha and 28% with Sailfi. Both are over cap.
[+]
By Taint 2020-10-05 06:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally minimize DA.

Favoring QA,TA,stp and zanshin. The idea is 1 round to 1000+ with maximum overflow.
[+]
 Leviathan.Windowpane
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Windowpane 2020-10-08 03:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the R15 Loess Barbuta be useful for DT sets? I know it leaves a lot to be desired, but with DT on your cape already, you could essentially use your regular TP set (+ Kenda legs to maintain haste cap). That gives you Sailfi, both rings, Aurgelmir and the +2 Nodowa over dead space as well as upgrades at body/feet. Just theorizing here, but it seems close.
By SimonSes 2020-10-08 05:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like this?

ItemSet 375956
By Crossbones 2020-10-08 10:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What does the meva look like compared to hybrid sets of other jobs? Because that helmet is missing 100 meva compared to kenda but maybe if you consider the 20 dt and rest of the set it isn't that bad compared to drk / war / drg. Personally I've always had a hard time balancing dt, meva, and optimal tp gain on sam.
By Taint 2020-10-08 10:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
What does the meva look like compared to hybrid sets of other jobs? Because that helmet is missing 100 meva compared to kenda but maybe if you consider the 20 dt and rest of the set it isn't that bad compared to drk / war / drg. Personally I've always had a hard time balancing dt, meva, and optimal tp gain on sam.

Its more traditional than the jobs that can use Malignance. (one of the reasons MNK is IMO the top DD job)

SAM I toggle normal sets, MEVA (Kenda, meva cape etc) and then my PDT hybrid.

Loess Barbuta is in my PDT set, not in my hybrids.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-08 11:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Pirinolon said: »
ItemSet 375823

DA is +1 hits and TA is +2 hits, not +2 and +3.

As such, ignoring priority effects, Ioskeha and Sailfi +1 are both +9/100 (though priority generally hurts Ioskeha more than Sailfi).
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-10-08 11:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I was asking was because I've been upgrading my sam specifically for tumult curator and his AF can be mitigated by both dt/mdt and meva and that's what I was having a hard time balancing around. Although if you sp correctly I guess that doesn't really matter. I agree with your mnk comment and playing mnk has definitely made me spoiled for that reason.
By SimonSes 2020-10-08 12:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason I was asking was because I've been upgrading my sam specifically for tumult curator and his AF can be mitigated by both dt/mdt and meva and that's what I was having a hard time balancing around. Although if you sp correctly I guess that doesn't really matter. I agree with your mnk comment and playing mnk has definitely made me spoiled for that reason.

If you could mitigate his AF with meva/DT successfully then why do it on SAM and not MNK with superior meva/dt/hp in the first place?
 Leviathan.Windowpane
By Leviathan.Windowpane 2020-10-08 12:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM I toggle normal sets, MEVA (Kenda, meva cape etc) and then my PDT hybrid.

Loess Barbuta is in my PDT set, not in my hybrids.

That's what I'm thinking. Situations where you want to use hybrid warrant more Kenda.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-10-08 12:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

If you could mitigate his AF with meva/DT successfully then why do it on SAM and not MNK with superior meva/dt/hp in the first place?

I'd like to think both are good, maybe it's just preference?. SAM 2nd SP is really nice for stuff like AF in a pinch.

Also you have Demon Killer/Demon Breaker/Circle Effects giving you a bit more of a boost. (Even though Killer is nerfed on NMs, every little bit adds up. Iirc it also goes beyond the regular -DT cap.)
 Leviathan.Windowpane
By Leviathan.Windowpane 2020-10-08 12:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Something like this?

ItemSet 375956

Yeah, something like this. It was early in the morning and I must have not been clearly thinking when I said Barbuta + Cape was about all you needed. It was like I was thinking the DT cap was 25% or something.
By SimonSes 2020-10-08 12:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »

I'd like to think both are good, maybe it's just preference?. SAM 2nd SP is really nice for stuff like AF in a pinch.

Also you have Demon Killer/Demon Breaker/Circle Effects giving you a bit more of a boost. (Even though Killer is nerfed on NMs, every little bit adds up. Iirc it also goes beyond the regular -DT cap.)

I mean, if you go SAM, you do it to survive with SP2 and you dont wear any DT then, but something like full kenda for meva to resist debuffs and kill it before SP2 wears off. If you cant kill it before SP2 wears off, then I dont think you can survive AF anyway in any set. You can also rotate One For All, but again, you dont need DT then probably, just Kendatsuba again.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-10-08 13:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause every time I try that fight Astral flow murders everyone including the rune if not using sp yet every video I see no one takes any damage regardless of gear or one for all or whatever the hell, so I'm just trying other options. If you are literally immortal during sam sp2 then that's what I'm gonna try next, the hybrid set I was trying to make was for the first few percent before you sp. I don't really play dps to begin with so I'm just using this as an opportunity to optimize my sets, tc was just a specific situation where I had a hard time balancing a good set.
By kasnuaku 2020-10-08 13:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to say there was some luck involved but, our rune fencer lived. I think you gotta get up and cure bomb to win.
here is the end of the fight. I used yokasabi kinda late, and our bard healed us after dieing
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Taint 2020-10-08 14:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

After SP you can gather everyone for One4All, have the RUN run to the edge of the area. Every but the SAM (DD) spreads out. This causes the AF to stagger and makes it much easier to survive.
First Page 2 3 ... 127 128 129 ... 153 154 155