Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Cloudblade
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-12-27 01:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Pusheen said: »
Anyone have more information on the ambuscade GK? BG not showing alot of info or links to any testing. Thanks.

I can't remember if I provided my testing on this forum, but I believe I did. The best use of it is for the aura, which is the same as murasamemaru. What it does is gives you a chance for an extra swing that DOES NOT stack with multi-hit, and the odds of it proccing is based on your stp. It also returns no tp on the free swing. All it does is allow you to always get a second swing in for white damage if your stp is high enough (up to 100% with 100 stp), but it gives no tp on the swing and only procs if you didn't get a DA, TA, or QA.

It also is actually weaker than the original murasamemaru if you are trying to use it for the non-ele ws's to break shields since it lost the non-ele attribute. edit: yes, I love my mura for shield breaks even at ilvl.

I bit the bullet to get it to have all the aura gk's since I had a spare aura weapon so others wouldn't have to suffer.
By Gasho 2019-12-27 04:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

hey,
got Doji recently, wondering that i dont see much ppl r15 it
is it worth the upgrade or not?
thx
By Taint 2019-12-27 05:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gasho said: »
hey,
thx

Its worth the upgrade. 30acc and a 10% boost to our second best WS. I have both Masa and Doji at R15 but I use Masa 99% of the time. The only consistent time I use Doji is for Lilith since a single 5 step radiance takes her down and less risk of death to spikes compared to Masa.
By Gasho 2019-12-27 06:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

thx Taint will go for it,

what is the best mid acc tp set now? same as the one on the guide?

thx
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-12-27 10:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Doji is good for Jinpu too
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Server: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2020-01-02 20:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Guys, quick question which of the Ryuo set +1 pieces are still relevant for end game content like dynamis?
I got ahold of a jinxed kote/hakama and not sure if I should make or sell
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-02 21:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Legs and feet.
Hands for some impulse drive sets
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-01-03 05:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
Hey Guys, quick question which of the Ryuo set +1 pieces are still relevant for end game content like dynamis?
I got ahold of a jinxed kote/hakama and not sure if I should make or sell

Wrong thread, but hands are still good for some mnk stuff also.
By kaiju9 2020-01-06 16:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Went unanswered on RQT, so trying here. For Valorous WS augments, any advice for picking a winner between various WSD/STR combos?

Messed around with an old DPS spreadsheet after adding gear, and it was showing I needed to add roughly 5-6 STR to offset a loss of 1% WSD. I could see the relationship wasn't static/linear as I tried different combos, but is that a reasonable rule to go by when comparing 2 augments?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-06 17:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

you'll never going see a difference between 15 str + 4 wsd or 10 str + 5 wsd anyways
By Taint 2020-01-06 17:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
you'll never going see a difference between 15 str + 4 wsd or 10 str + 5 wsd anyways

To clarify his question with what you said:

15str+4wsd ~7wsd
10str+5wsd ~7wsd
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-01-06 17:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

more like don't stress about it since it isn't going to make a meaningful difference either way and just use whichever gives you required accuracy and attack you need
[+]
By kaiju9 2020-01-06 17:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys. I definitely wasn't worried about picking between 2 max augs (15/4 vs 10/5) -- I'd be happy with either. To clarify, I got WSD5+crap relatively quickly as a starting point, then was just wondering when WSD3/WSD4 could overtake that. I think I've got my answer.

With BRD/COR/GEO/Food, I hadn't really intended to be picky about ACC/ATK augments, but maybe I'll have to look closer at that. I guess using Valorous w/0 ACC augs is a pretty big drop from TP sets.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-01-06 20:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Legs and feet.
IDK that any of the Ryuo+1 pieces are must haves these days.

Legs are somewhat debatable, given that Kendatsuba +1 exist for TP, and Wakido +3 for WS. I personally use Ken+1 all the time.

Feet, again I use Ken+1 almost all the time for TP, Valorous for WS. But I guess if you're running a Zanhasso build, maybe.

Hands for some impulse drive sets

TBH, although Ryuo+1 hands are a perfectly reasonable Impulse Drive option, I wouldn't sweat it too much to get them if you don't already have them. Really just optimizing a pretty niche build, if you ask me - so a relatively low priority. Flamma +2 are a good enough alternative for most people for those times you want to use Polearm:

Flamma +2: STR+23 DEX+46 Acc+43 C.Rate+8% (plus possible set effect STR/DEX+8)
Ryuo +1 (A): STR+24 DEX+50 Acc+53 C.Rate+5% C.Dmg+5%

Of those two, I'd lean toward Ryuo+1 if you have both... but they're close enough that I dunno that I'd make Ryuo+1 just for SAM purposes if you don't already have them. Particularly given that you're likely better off using GK most of the time on SAM (and if you don't already have R15 Masa and/or Doji, your SAM gil is probably better spent on upgrading those).

But hey, if you have everything else you could want on SAM and plenty of gil, and you're trying to optimize an Impulse Drive build, I guess go for it?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-09 17:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 354851
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-01-09 20:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 370641

ItemSet 370642

Yay no context TP sets go.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-01-09 20:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Sure.

ItemSet 370643

ItemSet 369867

ItemSet 369868
By Taint 2020-01-09 20:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

My current sets:
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-09 20:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

No context? Sure.

ItemSet 370644
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-09 21:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 370641

ItemSet 370642

Point was that Ryuo+1 feet/legs are still useful.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-09 21:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Heh said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »
No context? Sure.

ItemSet 370644
Where tf are the dusk gloves???

Oh shi- I forgot about those.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2020-01-09 22:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This the set you want?
ItemSet 135059
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-01-10 00:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question though, in what sort of situations would you actually use the Ryuo+1 legs/feet TP set these days?

If you already have em, sure cool. Legs are a nice enough PDT/STP piece and feet do their Zanhasso thing. But... why bother making them now when Ken+1 exists, if you're the guy wondering about whether to use/sell the jinxed stuff? Pretty niche, no?

(and yeah I understood the original post, but was hoping for it to devolve into 75cap sets and such - and you guys didn't let me down!)
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-01-10 04:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Serious question though, in what sort of situations would you actually use the Ryuo+1 legs/feet TP set these days?

If you already have em, sure cool. Legs are a nice enough PDT/STP piece and feet do their Zanhasso thing. But... why bother making them now when Ken+1 exists, if you're the guy wondering about whether to use/sell the jinxed stuff? Pretty niche, no?

(and yeah I understood the original post, but was hoping for it to devolve into 75cap sets and such - and you guys didn't let me down!)

Zanhasso builds.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-10 07:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Gasho said: »
hey,
thx

Its worth the upgrade. 30acc and a 10% boost to our second best WS. I have both Masa and Doji at R15 but I use Masa 99% of the time. The only consistent time I use Doji is for Lilith since a single 5 step radiance takes her down and less risk of death to spikes compared to Masa.

Idk, using my mules I use the Eijin method to just Zerg her on VD. With r15 Masa she almost always dies on 4th WS. Fudo > Kasha > Shoha > Fudo with Yeagasumi up. The Shoha and Last Fudo usually hit for 70k+ Each and each Skillchain for slightly more or capped.

You’re right though, if she does get TP and pops Dark Thorn and I don’t react in time, I’m insta-*** lol. Might have to take the time to learn how to set up react and have my mule ready to dispel lol
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2020-01-10 08:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanhasso is normally used for mobs that you are going to be safe against with no risk of being debuffed/one shot and don't really have a high accuracy requirement. I use it for Dynamis W1 and W3 Boss (cause the boss is a joke) otherwise you want to be using a mix of DT/Kenda to ensure you don't get 1 shot.
By geigei 2020-01-10 08:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what i use too, except i have ilabrat ring.

Isn't zanhasso superior to kenda anyway?
By malakef 2020-01-10 09:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It is but I think several people prefer the added defense capability of the kenda build for serious content or at least find themselves wearing more than they wear the zanhasso build. And the builds really aren’t too far apart for DPS to cause a sure win on the parse to go to a sure loss. If it was going to be close than that’s another story.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-01-10 13:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Zanhasso is normally used for mobs that you are going to be safe against with no risk of being debuffed/one shot and don't really have a high accuracy requirement. I use it for Dynamis W1 and W3 Boss (cause the boss is a joke) otherwise you want to be using a mix of DT/Kenda to ensure you don't get 1 shot.

Dyna W1 = who cares, the mobs die just as fast in either set. Why spend the extra millions for Ryuo+1 if you didn't already have it?

Dyna W3 boss = seems fine to use it, but minimal DPS difference between the Zanhasso set and the Ken+1 alternative (that you'd definitely want anyway for stuff needing more Acc or where the Meva is helpful). For the minor difference, I'd personally lean more toward guaranteeing enough Acc and keeping the Meva just in case.

So again, not really sure why someone would feel like it's necessary in 2020 to make the Ryuo stuff if you didn't already have it. At a mininum, if anyone doesn't already have Ken+1 pieces, +2 neck, R15 Masa... those would be higher priority investments. Beyond that, hey, if you have the gil laying around and just want the Ryuo gear for completion's sake, knock yourself out? But you aren't missing much by not having it.

EDIT: also, at this stage in the game, Empy reforge is close enough and seems pretty likely that it would logically replace Ryuo +1 legs/feet for any situations where it's potentially useful (and maybe replace Ken+1 too, but at least that can be sold). If you've made it without Ryuo +1 until now, why bother?
First Page 2 3 ... 117 118 119 ... 153 154 155