Bushido - The Way Of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
Bushido - The Way of The Samurai (A Guide) V. 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104
By Foxfire 2019-02-12 08:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't call doji niche when it's still the second-best performing gk option. Koga's niche, if you want to make a counter build.

At R15, Masa > Doji tho. I'm not gonna make arguments trying to boast a situation where Doji excels. Masa just got the edge with the augment, that's all.

If you want to get into samurai and it's easier for you to make an aeonic than an empyrean, though, make Doji without hesitation. It won't do you wrong.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Taint 2019-02-12 09:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
People acting like one or the other will make or break your experience of playing the job.

Either will work just fine, whoopty *** if one is for more solo play while the other is for mindless fudo spam, both will let you do damage.

Thats the issue with this debate.

Masamune is NOT limited to Fudo spam. Fudo is literally used in every Skill chain combo and almost always the finisher. So yes you can Fudo spam for great results but you can also 3,4,5 step and still be benefiting from Fudo+10%, 70str and triple procs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-02-12 09:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Valefor.Angierus said: »
People acting like one or the other will make or break your experience of playing the job.

Either will work just fine, whoopty *** if one is for more solo play while the other is for mindless fudo spam, both will let you do damage.

Thats the issue with this debate.

Masamune is NOT limited to Fudo spam. Fudo is literally used in every Skill chain combo and almost always the finisher. So yes you can Fudo spam for great results but you can also 3,4,5 step and still be benefiting from Fudo+10%, 70str and triple procs.

I'm in total agreement here, part of the problem is people act like TPBonus increases your maximum damage potential, but it doesn't. It only gets you to maximum at lower TP values. For a job like samurai abusing TP overflow the way we do, it's pretty easy some times to hit that maximum potential. Masamune has higher maximum potential than Doji, on all weaponskills (except perhaps Shoha). Doji just gets to it's maximum easier.

That being said, both GKT are amazing.

Edit: This from a non-Masa owner.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-12 11:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just make all GKs so you're fine in all situations forever. Never fear any update, pure enjoyment.

FFXI is like Pokémon sometimes.

Wish I had a Master Ball for Dojikiri.
[+]
By geigei 2019-02-15 15:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bg's guide still accurate for shoha set? flamma head/feet over valorous? no DM augm.
By Foxfire 2019-02-15 16:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not incredibly active anymore but i don't think there's been any new gear that particularly outperforms flamma in most scenarios

but i could be wrong

shrug
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2019-02-18 02:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone give the Kaja Lance a whirl? There's talks of it out damaging Fudo with Masamune... I'm a little skeptical about that tho
By SimonSes 2019-02-18 04:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Razziel said: »
Anyone give the Kaja Lance a whirl? There's talks of it out damaging Fudo with Masamune... I'm a little skeptical about that tho

Impulse Drive will do less than Fudo at 2000TP (Fudo 2k 3k more) and slightly more than Fudo at 3000TP (Impulse 2k 700 more). White damage will obviously be way better with Masamune. Impulse wont selfskillchain. Impulse Drive will have hard time sticking that 2nd hit and multi-attack proc on anything serious.

Masamune will win, but I'm comparing R15 weapon that costs like 300M to free weapon from Ambu.

Kaja might be better for 3 step Darkness skillchain tho.
At leats Stardiver > Sonic > Impulse sounds better than Kasha > Rana > Fudo. Of course only if you can hold that closing Impulse to 2k+.

EDIT: Actually I still had pdif from DRG when I calculated this, so Impulse is a little weaker.
By Foxfire 2019-02-18 15:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

only reason i'd get a kaja lance is for fun w/ pierce-weak targets like delve bosses and the like; not for serious content

and even then people dunk on the idea of a plrmSAM so

Bahamut.Dbaggins
Server: Bahamut
user: Dvnnz
By Bahamut.Dbaggins 2019-02-18 17:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Kasha->rana->fudo is a pretty crappy darkness sc because no matter how much you want rana to do damage it just doesn’t....lol

I prefer jinpu->shoha->fudo, makes the exact same gravitation->darkness 3 step, or I do ageha->jinpu->shoha->fudo for a solid 4 step dark with non ***ws with some defense down sprinkled in there
[+]
 Carbuncle.Razziel
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Razziel 2019-02-21 11:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have an up to date ranged set they use that they can share?
By Foxfire 2019-02-21 11:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone made a thread on this - last post has, I think, a decent set.

Realistically, you're pretty screwed in terms of options for pre-shot since most snapshot pieces are volte armor unless you go the way of skirmish augments, which can be prohibitively expensive.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-02-21 11:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »
Someone made a thread on this - last post has, I think, a decent set.

Realistically, you're pretty screwed in terms of options for pre-shot since most snapshot pieces are volte armor unless you go the way of skirmish augments, which can be prohibitively expensive.

Can obviously swap out haverton and +3, feet. Also use Ru'Ann GK if you need higher acc and can reach it for whatever reason using food/buffs. But i think my set still remains the same. If i recall it's a 3hit set. I can post an updated set after work if you need.
 Asura.Hyden
Server: Asura
user: Hyden
By Asura.Hyden 2019-02-21 12:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Could use Marked Gorget or Combatant's Torque for neck, Cacoethic Ring (+1) to replace the Haverton, Kendatsuba hands (+1) and Eschan Stone if you really want to go all out on the ranged accuracy.
First Page 2 3 ... 103 104