Adjustments to Max HP
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 02:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
The truth hurts. It does come off sounding mean, but it's the truth. There are plenty of mule whms > his/hers. Even my gimp *** one is better geared.

Just where and what are you doing where your dd are getting all debuffed and one shot?

Regardless it didn't need to be pointed out.
By macsdf1 2013-05-31 02:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
I've already finished my mythic, but I might make another depending on how rem upgrades and unlockable ws pan out. I'm not a main dedicated whm however, but I sure would have a yagrush if I were one. But she's not on my server. Maybe ill do them with ihina since he is.

Already been many more mythics completed since salvage 2. No reason to not at least be working hard on it. If a dd is focused on one dd job, and that job's best weapon is a mythic, then why shouldn't they have it at this time? All the main sam in my ls have kogas.

Then your LS is Very Strong, But I still wouldn't expect a WHM Main to have a Yagrush just because it's been obtainable for some time, I also didn't she him say he wouldn't finish it, just what was holding him up ~

Not to brag but we are, got the first delve boss kill after all. We've had 3 yagrush, one quit unfortunately. Mythics aren't hard, just time consuming. If you've been playing over the years you should have it done by now. One whm solo'd most of his. LS didn't help him. He just soloed alex on his bst, bought the rest with gil. If you still think it's hard, you simply aren't trying, and just making excuses.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 02:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already finished my mythic, but I might make another depending on how rem upgrades and unlockable ws pan out. I'm not a main dedicated whm however, but I sure would have a yagrush if I were one. But she's not on my server. Maybe ill do them with ihina since he is.

Already been many more mythics completed since salvage 2. No reason to not at least be working hard on it. If a dd is focused on one dd job, and that job's best weapon is a mythic, then why shouldn't they have it at this time? All the main sam in my ls have kogas.

Then your LS is Very Strong, But I still wouldn't expect a WHM Main to have a Yagrush just because it's been obtainable for some time, I also didn't she him say he wouldn't finish it, just what was holding him up ~

Not to brag but we are, got the first delve boss kill after all. We've had 3 yagrush, one quit unfortunately. Mythics aren't hard, just time consuming. If you've been playing over the years you should have it done by now. One whm solo'd most of his. LS didn't help him. He just soloed alex on his bst, bought the rest with gil. If you still think it's hard, you simply aren't trying, and just making excuses.

No one mentioned hard ~ But to expect everyone to have the time, to waste on a game. To farm some silly item which could take months to achieve is perposterous!

Some people have REAL LIFES, families, friends and commitment's, hence your statement about "should" is questionable.
 Cerberus.Tenini
user: Tenini
By Cerberus.Tenini 2013-05-31 02:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a main WHM. I have many jobs I enjoy playing but my WHM has always been my main. I just recently got back from a long break. I've been back maybe... 2 weeks now? I stopped playing FFXI when I was pregnant due to a complicated pregnancy and being put on bedrest (I have a desktop downstairs and have no laptop). My daughter just turned 15 months and I decided to come back to FFXI. Now obviously, being gone this long, I am far behind on gear, weapons, accomplishments, etc. If the way people are portraying the way a WHM "should" be geared, and what is acceptable and not in this forum is the way EVERYONE thinks/feels... I can see I will have no way of gearing myself, or getting a Yagrush seeing that I will only be seen as a "sucky" WHM, and people aren't going to want to take me to events or help me because I need to "suck less". Awesome.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 02:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tenini said: »
I'm a main WHM. I have many jobs I enjoy playing but my WHM has always been my main. I just recently got back from a long break. I've been back maybe... 2 weeks now? I stopped playing FFXI when I was pregnant due to a complicated pregnancy and being put on bedrest (I have a desktop downstairs and have no laptop). My daughter just turned 15 months and I decided to come back to FFXI. Now obviously, being gone this long, I am far behind on gear, weapons, accomplishments, etc. If the way people are portraying the way a WHM "should" be geared, and what is acceptable and not in this forum is the way EVERYONE thinks/feels... I can see I will have no way of gearing myself, or getting a Yagrush seeing that I will only be seen as a "sucky" WHM, and people aren't going to want to take me to events or help me because I need to "suck less". Awesome.

See Tenini get's it, RAGE QUIT!
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2013-05-31 02:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No one mentioned hard ~ But to expect everyone to have the time, to waste on a game. To farm some silly item which could take months to achieve is perposterous!

Some people have REAL LIFES, families, friends and commitment's, hence your statement about "should" is questionable.

Real life card played, jesus dude you're just digging yourself a hole. The male / female / whatever asked why they can't keep up and wanted an explanation. A very good explanation may be that they might not be geared properly for the material that is currently available. If that is something you/ him / her didn't want to hear then don't post stupid threads stating that the game is hard and that 46% cure potency with 6mp a tic refresh is a good cure set.
 Carbuncle.Nezea
Server: Carbuncle
user: Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-05-31 02:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tenini said: »

Uh, yeah. Don't worry about it. As far as WHM is concerned, people mostly care more about whether or not you know what you are doing. I actually think it's hilarious that anyone thinks anyone should be "expected" to have a mythic, whether it's for their main job or not. The time required to make one is absolutely absurd and should not be "expected" of anyone under any circumstances.

So much mad in this thread. Why do people have so much trouble answering a simple question?
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 02:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Killza said: »

Real life card played, jesus dude you're just digging yourself a hole. The male / female / whatever asked why they can't keep up and wanted an explanation. A very good explanation may be that they might not be geared properly for the material that is currently available. If that is something you/ him / her didn't want to hear then don't post stupid threads stating that the game is hard and that 46% cure potency with 6mp a tic refresh is a good cure set.

They established it was a Hybrid Set. ~ let it go.

Who ever said I don't have one / aiming for one? Perhaps! I want to see the actual confirmed date for a REM update before I bother wasting more time on a game ~

My point was, it's unrealistic, unfair, and didn't need to be pointed out that a Yagrush is expected.

The WHOLE point of the thread was about "adjustements to max hp" with a silly ish reason why, but the essential point remained, and could have been answered, "unlikely as DD and mages have ways of mitigating damage, and as long as whm, schs brds cor cast debuffs, it usually isn't a problem" ~

That's how you answer the post, without upsetting people.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-31 02:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Posts that propose the game be made easier in some way never go well.

Changes to the HP balance between races isn't really about difficulty of the game, it's more about how the disadvantages of playing a certain race (Taru) has exceeded the amount of advantages it gives anymore.

Under normal circumstances in big alliances you're getting back like 15 MP a tick or something, nobody cares about how big of an MP pool you have when Cure IVs cost like 50 MP.

That whole "making magic stronger" thing was going to help with the whole STR vs INT aspect until they decided that melees weren't strong enough and gave them +30% DPS. Dunno if they'll adjust their plans for magic damage accordingly but the last time they mentioned it they just said they're going to go ahead with what they showed us last time.

Also wtf is all this about Mythics being "standard equipment" or whatever the hell now. I'm glad some of you fish botted/blinkered 10 billion gil/walked 10 miles in the snow for your mythic(s) but that doesn't mean everyone else did. It's still a ridiculous time investment for a mythic and it should not be something required for someone to play a damn job.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 02:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-31 02:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The original post proposed a general increase to HP pools in order to make healing easier. Race disadvantage was brought up later. (Which is a change I would be for if only to reduce the Taru population infestation!)
By macsdf1 2013-05-31 02:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If he doesn't expect to be upset, don't post stuff that equates to why can't I kill ADL with my perle geared warrior? All my skills are capped blue, why are people dying!
 Carbuncle.Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-05-31 02:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If he doesn't expect to be upset, don't post stuff that equates to why can't I kill ADL with my perle geared warrior? All my skills are capped blue, why are people dying!

A WHM who knows what they are doing can perform just fine with far less than perfect gear. The attacks on his gear were completely irrelevant and unnecessary. Also I don't know how many times it was stated that the 47% potency was a hybrid set?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-05-31 02:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Most, if not all, of our stats have not increased in a linear fashion through the level cap raises. As an Elvaan with HP merits I sit just over 1800HP on SAM and WAR, and I frequently get hit for 1500~ in a full DT set. Its nearly impossible for a mage to keep DD's up when mobs are doing AoE TP moves for more than the player's max HP.

Tell me how exactly a Yagrush or that extra 3% cure potency is going to help a WHM cure someone who gets 1 shotted from full or frequently knocked down to double digit HP? Even with Yagrush some TP moves require 4-5 casts to clear all debuffs.
By macsdf1 2013-05-31 02:58:47
Link | Quote | Reply

fyi i have 2 ebusis but i've at no point fishbotted for gil or sold blinkers whatever. I farmed my alex every day to earn my mythic. You've had years to work on it, if you truely are a serious whm or dd that has a great mythic then you should be done. It's the best peice of gear your whm can get, not ever likely to be obsoleted as well. If you're gonna invest into someting that should be it.

A whm should have friends, many friends. friends that can help you finish it, cause it benefits them too.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 02:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

A Yagrush or 3% cure potency doesn't stop you from getting 1-shotted.

There are other things in the game that keep you from getting 1-shotted though. Study the wiki alittle to learn what it is.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-05-31 03:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

fyi i have 2 ebusis but i've at no point fishbotted for gil or sold blinkers whatever. I farmed my alex every day to earn my mythic. You've had years to work on it, if you truely are a serious whm or dd that has a great mythic then you should be done. It's the best peice of gear your whm can get, not ever likely to be obsoleted as well. If you're gonna invest into someting that should be it. A whm should have friends, many friends. friends that can help you finish it, cause it benefits them too.

Completely irrelevant to the idea presented in the OP, very few people are willing to put that much time into a macro piece. I like WHM, but if I ever get built a mythic, it wouldn't be a Yagrush.

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
A Yagrush or 3% cure potency doesn't stop you from getting 1-shotted. There are other things in the game that keep you from getting 1-shotted though. Study the wiki alittle to learn what it is. http://wiki.bluegartr.com/

Care to point out what page on BG explains how to not get one-shotted with capped DT? An AoE that does 3K+ in capped DT is 1500, Taru's with HP merits often have less than that.
By macsdf1 2013-05-31 03:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

what are you fighting that hits you for 1500 in full dt? I bet you are putting on full dmg ws gear then getting hit during ws. If you're constantly getting hit for 1500 then you should get some schezero cause then it would actualy proc. Maybe try putting on archon cape? When I die it's to multiple small hits and not getting cures, full DT and 1500 dmg I don't think so. Only mob that has hit me for huge mega dmg lately is the scorpion in ceziak with death scissors.

if you are getting hit with 5 debuffs that NEED to be removed you should be using panacea. Whm can also sacrifice you if you are important.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 03:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
fyi i have 2 ebusis but i've at no point fishbotted for gil or sold blinkers whatever. I farmed my alex every day to earn my mythic. You've had years to work on it, if you truely are a serious whm or dd that has a great mythic then you should be done. It's the best peice of gear your whm can get, not ever likely to be obsoleted as well. If you're gonna invest into someting that should be it. A whm should have friends, many friends. friends that can help you finish it, cause it benefits them too.

Completely irrelevant to the idea presented in the OP, very few people are willing to put that much time into a macro piece. I like WHM, but if I ever get built a mythic, it wouldn't be a Yagrush.

Yagrush is one of the few mythics that are worth making.

Geez, first you mix and match statements and arguments until they don't make sense, then question why they don't make sense, and now this.

Quote:
Care to point out what page on BG explains how to not get one-shotted with capped DT? An AoE that does 3K+ in capped DT is 1500, Taru's with HP merits often have less than that.

No seriously. You can't take Argument A and Response B and question why they don't go together. They just don't. You're the one forcing them together, then throwing your hands up in the air and acting confused.
By macsdf1 2013-05-31 03:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I mean, you only like whm, that's why you don't have a yagrush. A die hard career whm should. A DD like sam or drg should have mythics. A pld with burtgang sure, brd why not.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-05-31 03:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yagrush is one of the few mythics that are worth making. Geez, first you mix and match statements and arguments until they don't make sense, then question why they don't make sense, and now this. No seriously. You can't take Argument A and Response B and question why they don't go together. They just don't. You're the one forcing them together, then throwing your hands up in the air and acting confused. It's...in a word...comical.

It's pretty cleary a direct response and I never threw my hands up or acted confused, you sir, are an argumentative moron, good night!
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 03:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not confused at all, other than questioning how a yagrush prevents people from getting 1-shotted~
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-05-31 03:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not confused at all, other than questioning how a yagrush prevents people from getting 1-shotted~

OP says they have to focus exclusively on cures (quite reasonable for an average WHM in high level stuff), and can't spend a lot of time with erases and -na's.

The response is, "your gear must suck" "Should have a Yagrush"

I infer that his gearsets/Yagrush do not prevent Taru's from getting one-shotted (common) and you say I'm confused... My point was even with those tools and topped off HP you can die in an instant. You set out to make an arguement out of everything in this thread, my original comment wasn't even directed at you. I'm done.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 03:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Err, no. The response was 'suck less' from myself and 'gear yourself better' from mac.

Either you're not able to keep up with a 3-page thread, or you're intentionally cherry picking posts in this thread and leaving out bits that would hurt your case.

And of course, you wouldn't do that, right?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-05-31 03:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The response is, "your gear must suck" "Should have a Yagrush"

I said THE and listed 2 different responses, the thread isn't that long...
 Carbuncle.Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-05-31 03:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Err, no. The response was 'suck less' from myself and 'gear yourself better' from mac.

Either you're not able to keep up with a 3-page thread, or you're intentionally cherry picking posts in this thread and leaving out bits that would hurt your case.

And of course, you wouldn't do that, right?

Not that it is at all relevant to the topic of the thread but since the entire thing is already derailed, what the hell; aren't you the one who started pressing the OP about his gear sets and going on and on about his 47% potency set for no reason?
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 03:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't for no reason. It was genuine curiosity.

It was everyone else who interpreted it as an attack, you included.

You're a WHM. Aren't you a little curious why any WHM nowadays wouldn't have capped cure potency? You aren't curious why a WHM would badly need Heka?

To anyone here who isn't a WHM, it's like seeing a DD who's not TP'ing at capped gear haste. I'm sure these things will spark genuine curiosity for anyone.

And in case I haven't made it clear yet, I don't care if anyone jumps to the conclusion that I'm attacking the TC. I don't need to preemptively clarify your misunderstanding. I post on many forums, and for some reason, this is the only site where I need to talk as if I'm talking to children.
 Carbuncle.Nezea
By Carbuncle.Nezea 2013-05-31 03:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't for no reason. It was genuine curiosity.

It was everyone else who interpreted it as an attack, you included.

You're a WHM. Aren't you a little curious why any WHM nowadays wouldn't have capped cure potency? You aren't curious why a WHM would badly need Heka?

To anyone here who isn't a WHM, it's like seeing a DD who's not TP'ing at capped gear haste. I'm sure these things will spark genuine curiosity for anyone.

And in case I haven't made it clear yet, I don't care if anyone jumps to the conclusion that I'm attacking the TC. I don't need to clarify your misunderstanding. I post on many forums, and for some reason, this is the only site where I need to talk as if I'm talking to children.

I can see why you would ask about the 47% cure potency set but I guess I was just pointing out that there was no reason for anyone to bring it up again after it was established that it was a hybrid set. Have you considered the fact that people might misunderstand what you call "curiosity" precisely because of the fact that, as you said yourself, you're talking to them like children? Almost everything that comes out of your mouth sounds condescending and aggressive.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-05-31 04:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Esdain said: »
Quote:
I'm a bit curious as to why?

Because these things are expected of you. You shouldn't place pride in something that you should be doing anyways.

It's like telling people what a moral person you are by saying you didn't murder anyone on the way home from school today.

If that's your threshold, then you have a long way to go until you're caught up.

You're probably right. It's nothing to take pride in and it's quite common. I have a long way to go until I'm caught up.

Seeing that person's next reply after this post pretty much means this thread is derailed and can serve no purpose. I could reply with my 50% cure potency build, my refresh, haste, idle, melee, or any other hybrid set, but i'm not going to take the time. I don't think they understood that 47% was in a hybrid build with both near capped cure potency /and/ a 5 tic refresh at the same time. I can get a 6/ tic from equipment alone. I can get 50% cure pot with gear. *eye roll* Oh well. Thread derailed and I'm sleepy.

Nice, looks like mine.. but I have Geomancy/Handbell blue too

But like Ihina ask.. why?.. If you really care on you why WHM why be gimp?.. 3% a waste coz overcure... and those times when you dont overcure? (ya probably 1/100 cast), 1 extra refresh on idle.. actually means "Alot" or remember back to 2005 how expensive where those gears w/ just 1 mp/tic, and subbing SMN for that refresh..

There is no reason to be "gimp" more if have access to the gear.

Most, if not all, of our stats have not increased in a linear fashion through the level cap raises. As an Elvaan with HP merits I sit just over 1800HP on SAM and WAR, and I frequently get hit for 1500~ in a full DT set. Its nearly impossible for a mage to keep DD's up when mobs are doing AoE TP moves for more than the player's max HP.

Thats when you stop fidding TP on the mob, or get over 9000 rngs to do the job. I do remember in the old time... just having DD's WS the mob to SC and having blm MB, coz if you TP feed the mob, you could easily wipe.