users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Adjustments to Max HP
Adjustments to Max HP
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2013-05-31 01:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to bet that if you posted your gear sets it'll become obvious why you're having problems.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 01:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't start blaming things on elitism please.

Sometimes, 'suck less' is the appropriate response and you can't convey that without sounding like you're attacking someone.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 01:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Then stick to Suck less because it was an attack by the definition.

Point was solved regardless.

No they wont increases HP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Killza
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Killza 2013-05-31 01:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
#3 FFXIV was announced for August, who actually think's they will bother with updates on this game much more now? Honestly?

I'm sorry, but this is the most ignorant comment I've read in awhile. I'm guessing you weren't around when these comments where made back when FFXIV was first released a couple years ago.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 01:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

To be more accurate, they did increase hp. Or rather, they allowed for the potential to increase HP for all jobs/races.

They're called merits.

Asking to increase HP means asking to increase HP again.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-31 01:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

HP Merit increase, and a plain adjustment to current HP really don't feel like the same thing to me.

Not really sure why anyone would actually be so against the idea of naturally increased hp, or more balanced hp for all races. What would this actually hurt?
By macsdf1 2013-05-31 01:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyhow back to your original post. We do have increased hps. It's increased with gear, and it's up to your DD's to get it. DT gear also is like increasing hps. Just flat increasing hps won't change anything, they will just balance it so monsters hit even harder to compensate. If your party is getting one shot they need to play more defensively.

And I stand by my statement, if whm is what you do and whm is all you play, you're damn right you should have a yagrush by now. Assaults all that's holding you back is no excuse. Somewhere somehow you can get others to team up and do them. Gotta be others working on mythics too you can join, especially since you whm. What else would a whm strive for if not yagrush?

She might not be the best whm, but she shouldn't be bitching about non top of the line DD getting one shot too, when her gear's not even top of the line.

And I don't see how stating the truth constitutes attacking someone. There are plenty of mules > her whm. Non capped cure%, no hekas. How many hps do the people you cure have? I have around 2000 on my war in standard tp gear.

Tp in a keriyeh body, it's got 110 hps! Might not be the best but it's got hps. Heck a full keriyeh set gives you alot of hps i'm sure.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 01:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been around since release ~

And in case YOU haven't been reading posts, they changed alot of FFXIV ~ and alot of people are planning to move to it.

Don't get me wrong, 14 will still suck, it is afterall made by Square Enix.

It's not ignorant, I highly doubt them managing to screw it up twice is all.

I'm more curious why people look to a game for vindication of their ability or lifes work. It's a game, she asked a Question, and instead of a CONSIDERED answer that treated her with RESPECT (thats the key word here people) she was harrassed with people "show me your sets, explain why you have this potency". She wanted to kno..

WOULD
THEY
INCREASE
MAX
HP
BECAUSE
THINGS
HIT
VERY
HARD

Putting the blame down to an entire alliance wiping to 1 whm is "out there" but not beyond the realms of possibility. I personally would take her on her word, that shes not an idiot.

The game was supposed to move away from Zergs but, as she said, massive dmg one shot moves does not support this and the use of BRDS scherzo etc still supports the use of Zergs. Although a Scherzo can be maintained 100% of the fight on most content.

The days when WHM are expected to have a Mythic which is rediculous to get, I will quit MMO's, Expecting them to have something that can done in a fortnight is one thing.. like an Empy, but a Mythic?

lol wtfbbqsauce.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 01:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
To be more accurate, they did increase hp. Or rather, they allowed for the potential to increase HP for all jobs/races.

They're called merits.

Asking to increase HP means asking to increase HP again.

As per my post
macsdf1 said: »
Anyhow back to your original post. We do have increased hps. It's increased with gear, and it's up to your DD's to get it. DT gear also is like increasing hps. Just flat increasing hps won't change anything, they will just balance it so monsters hit even harder to compensate. If your party is getting one shot they need to play more defensively.

And I stand by my statement, if whm is what you do and whm is all you play, you're damn right you should have a yagrush by now. Assaults all that's holding you back is no excuse. Somewhere somehow you can get others to team up and do them. Gotta be others working on mythics too you can join, especially since you whm. What else would a whm strive for if not yagrush?

She might not be the best whm, but she shouldn't be bitching about non top of the line DD getting one shot too, when her gear's not even top of the line.

And I don't see how stating the truth constitutes attacking someone. There are plenty of mules > her whm. Non capped cure%, no hekas. How many hps do the people you cure have? I have around 2000 on my war in standard tp gear.

Tp in a keriyeh body, it's got 110 hps! Might not be the best but it's got hps. Heck a full keriyeh set gives you alot of hps i'm sure.

She didn't ask was the best WHM, not did she ask were there beter whm. You used this fact to attack her. FACT

Do you have a Mythic? If not then I would re think your stance.

But yes I agree with your stance on, the other DD might suck and not play properly. Still could be said in a way thats respectful.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 01:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok.

Similar to my legitimate, genuine curiosity over why she had had a hybrid cure/refresh set, I'm also legitimately curious about something regarding yourself.

What's with your seemingly random use of the shift key?
By macsdf1 2013-05-31 01:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No I don't expect her to have a yagrush, only main whms would be expected to have em. She's obviously not one.

She didn't merely ask if they would increase hps cause things hit very hard. She went on and spewed nonsense trying to explain how she's a good player even though she has decent gear, and trying to put all the blame on the DD.

What is so wrong about look toward yourself, before blaming others? Maybe she has no fastcast who knows. Low mp pool? Likely she plays with weak DD too or alot of taru.

And yes I do have a mythic.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 01:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a broken keyboard, as you asked so politely.

And a heads up, the Original poster, is male. I may have mis quoted with "her" ealier on.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 01:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

No I don't expect her to have a yagrush, only main whms would be expected to have em. She's obviously not one.

She didn't merely ask if they would increase hps cause things hit very hard. She went on and spewed nonsense trying to explain how she's a good player even though she has decent gear, and trying to put all the blame on the DD.

What is so wrong about look toward yourself, before blaming others? Maybe she has no fastcast who knows. Low mp pool? Likely she plays with weak DD too or alot of taru.

You expect a WHM main to have a Yagrush... wow.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tenini
user: Tenini
By Cerberus.Tenini 2013-05-31 01:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it hilarious you guys are referring to the OP as a she when in reality "she" is a "he". And wow, some people can be cruel. This is the exact reason why I never post any questions I may have in forums. You never get answers, just people trying to prove how rude and inconsiderate they can be.
[+]
By macsdf1 2013-05-31 01:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Only the dedicated whms. She obviously isn't one. She/he said all that's holding him back are assaults. What is the problem, get them done and make it already.

so easy now, alex is so plentiful compared to when I had to farm alex myself for 10 months.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 01:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So be fair, I thought I was equally polite to him..her...the TC.

I even went out of my way to avoid using the phrase 'suck less'.

Speaking of which, I need to start hoarding alexs to make a Yagrush on Kaelynn. Bumping Kae's harp to 99 will have to be put on hold because there just aren't enough cinders around.

Fortunately, my third character doesn't have a job with any useful REM weapons~
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-31 01:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Posts that propose the game be made easier in some way never go well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 01:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

ARe you offering to help her with the assaults?! Such a considerate person! Perhaps now she can get them done then ;)

If you were on cerberus, I'd help! Can't say the same for others.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 01:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So be fair, I thought I was equally polite to him..her...the TC.

I even went out of my way to avoid using the phrase 'suck less'.

Speaking of which, I need to start hoarding alexs to make a Yagrush on Kaelynn. Bumping Kae's harp to 99 will have to be put on hold because there just aren't enough cinders around.

Fortunately, my third character doesn't have any useful REM weapons~

The phrease "suck less" could have been taken in humour, as appoased to a Layed out list of reasons, and accusations attempting to pin the blame on her.

If that wasn't you're intention then all you have to say is "it was never my intention to offend anyone, if what I have typed has been misconstrued in some way to be offensive, then I am sincerly sorry"
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-05-31 01:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I want an npc to give me free grilled cheese pls, that increases my hp permanently. pls

[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 01:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You're using 'her' and 'she' again.
By macsdf1 2013-05-31 02:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already finished my mythic, but I might make another depending on how rem upgrades and unlockable ws pan out. I'm not a main dedicated whm however, but I sure would have a yagrush if I were one. But she's not on my server. Maybe ill do them with ihina since he is.

Already been many more mythics completed since salvage 2. No reason to not at least be working hard on it. If a dd is focused on one dd job, and that job's best weapon is a mythic, then why shouldn't they have it at this time? All the main sam in my ls have kogas.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 02:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And I apologised for this! It's a Force of habit. But Grammar aside, I dont see you apologising. guess it was meant to be an attack or to belittle someones accomplishsments then afterall...
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 02:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If that wasn't you're intention then all you have to say is "it was never my intention to offend anyone, if what I have typed has been misconstrued in some way to be offensive, then I am sincerly sorry"

Yeah, no. I hate phrases like that. They're only to be used towards children who don't know any better and morons who jump to conclusions without understanding intent. I'd prefer not to make that assumption towards everyone I come across.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-05-31 02:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Frickin' Mac. You should continue to be po until I finish hoarding.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 02:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've already finished my mythic, but I might make another depending on how rem upgrades and unlockable ws pan out. I'm not a main dedicated whm however, but I sure would have a yagrush if I were one. But she's not on my server. Maybe ill do them with ihina since he is.

Already been many more mythics completed since salvage 2. No reason to not at least be working hard on it. If a dd is focused on one dd job, and that job's best weapon is a mythic, then why shouldn't they have it at this time? All the main sam in my ls have kogas.

Then your LS is Very Strong, But I still wouldn't expect a WHM Main to have a Yagrush just because it's been obtainable for some time, I also didn't she him say he wouldn't finish it, just what was holding him up ~
By macsdf1 2013-05-31 02:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The truth hurts. It does come off sounding mean, but it's the truth. There are plenty of mule whms > his/hers. Even my gimp *** one is better geared.

Just where and what are you doing where your dd are getting all debuffed and one shot?
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-05-31 02:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

And I apologised for this! It's a Force of habit. But Grammar aside, I dont see you apologising. guess it was meant to be an attack or to belittle someones accomplishsments then afterall...

I should invest in spellcheck.