First Page 2 3 ... 343 344 345 ... 363 364 365
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-19 03:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Going to agree to disagree here, especially when the raw damage gain for losing SB pieces isn't massive.
I overwhelmingly use MNK for solo/solo DD situations.
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
unless the entire reason you use MNK is overwhelmingly focused on using the job for solo DPS/low TP feed strategies.

Sounds like you fit that qualifier. For anyone that focused on using MNK for low TP feed, perhaps Subtle Blow WS gear has more value to you. I'm assuming that isn't the majority (but who knows, maybe I'm wrong!)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-19 05:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't skip not even my full VIT chakra build Capuchin.
You wouldn't realize how useful it is when I use my MNK for soloing Bubbly Bernie!
UNSKIPPABLE!
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-06-19 05:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'd say that for most people, when low TP feed is relevant, SB+75 in TP set and remember to use Chi Blast (with Relic head & Penance merits) is plenty sufficient.
Going to agree to disagree here, especially when the raw damage gain for losing SB pieces isn't massive.

I overwhelmingly use MNK for solo/solo DD situations. Sub 25% losing 11 SB on your WS while multistepping might be more of a problem than you think. Obviously this doesn't apply in group content where everyone else is already feeding.

You could use the subtle blow food. I often use puckatrice egg for +8 subtle blow.
[+]
By olson2189 2021-06-24 10:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sirris said: »
Littleflame said: »
Asura.Nalfey said: »
if you're from Asura you'll know that nobody uses MNKs in segment farms, they all want SAMs and DRKs and last resort is WARs or DRGs.

Personally I prefer War Drg combo over all other.

WAR DRG definitely beat out DRK for segments, no question.

I'm going to question it - how many segments are you pulling with WAR and DRG on average?
 Odin.Karizo
Server: Odin
user: Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-06-24 12:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

olson2189 said: »
Asura.Sirris said: »
Littleflame said: »
Asura.Nalfey said: »
if you're from Asura you'll know that nobody uses MNKs in segment farms, they all want SAMs and DRKs and last resort is WARs or DRGs.

Personally I prefer War Drg combo over all other.

WAR DRG definitely beat out DRK for segments, no question.

I'm going to question it - how many segments are you pulling with WAR and DRG on average?

WAR DRG are great because they offer multiple damage types, and are arguably the best at doing so.

WAR is self explanatory, whereas DRG's blunt option is less obvious to most, but their Full Swing can do a lot of damage.

SAM can cover all three as well, it's just that their club option is pretty bad even though Judgment is a decent WS.

DRK would not be my top choice either because no piercing option. They have good club options for Judgment though.

Having damage type coverage, given the same player skill level, will gaurantee higher average segments per run because you're more efficient.
By SimonSes 2021-06-24 12:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You can avoid some mobs unless they are under halos tho. There is usually no time to kill everything anyway. DRK club option is only good for skeletons, otherwise it's better to use strong REMA and ignore resistance. There is just too much difference between -80% delay caladbolg and only -68.75% delay Loxotic. Especially that judgment won't one shot non skeletons anyway and you need to make 2ws per mob. It's faster to do 2x Torc at this point, which will also kill the target.

With that in mind DRG is for sure a powerhouse and I can see it being stronger than DRK for segments if you use Naegling. DRG needs much more babysitting with erasing debuffs tho, unless you have Nyame A, because normally DRG has low MEVA and will eat every aoe sleep, bind, slow, paralyze from spikes etc. DRK and WAR can ride Sakpata and mostly don't care about stuff like that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-24 12:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Karizo said: »
can cover all three as wel

I don't want to derail because this is a Monk thread, but you should only need 2 damage types, not 3 (unless you are WAR and utilizing Judgement). Most jobs shouldn't even bother using a Blunt option swap, especially if they have access to a very strong alternative. DRG + SAM both have access to Shining One piercing, so even on monsters that have a slight pierce resist (Skeletons), it's still incredibly strong since it's not a -75% resistance like slashing.
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-06-24 13:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are able to cover all three types, you will have more options and on average your runs will be more efficient. I don't really think you can argue that.

Trust me, I love playing MNK, but I know what content MNK is not great for lol. As MNK lovers, you should recognize that instead of shoving a job that's not optimal for certain contents down people's throat, IF you have the flexibility.

MNK CAN be used for segment farming, I am not saying it can't.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-24 13:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not saying any of this. Lol

I am saying in Odyssey, each individual job does not need 3 weapon types, only 2. Monsters only resist one type of weapon damage (either slashing, piercing, or blunt), so carrying 2 means you can deal full damage to basically every monster type. The only type that you will deal resisted damage vs is Skeletons or Ghouls, who resist piercing at 25%. But as I mentioned, jobs like SAM have such a strong option in Shining One, they can actually ignore a blunt option altogether and just Impulse drive power through the resistances. Monk is the only job that is severely hindered regarding damage types. But carrying 3 damage types on anything besides maybe WAR is not needed at all. Unless you meant carrying 3 weapon types across the entire group, which is a different story.
[+]
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-06-24 13:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we're talking past each other. I am not saying you NEED anything, I said it's NICE and it WILL improve your time. You don't NEED anything in this game, it's just the matter of it producing better results or not.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-24 13:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If a monster is resistant to Blunt, you can use Piercing or Slashing

If a monster is resistant to Slashing, you can use Piercing or Blunt

If a monster is resistant to Piercing, yo can use Blunt or Slashing

If you carry Piercing and Slashing options, you can cover any monster in Odyssey. Thus, you don't require 3 weapon types (blunt) on any one job because you can deal full damage with 2 weapon types.
By Guyford 2021-06-24 13:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

If you carry Piercing and Slashing options, you can cover any monster in Odyssey. Thus, you don't require 3 weapon types (blunt) on any one job because you can deal full damage with 2 weapon types.

Unless you wanna fight skeletons. Mobs retain their normal resistances/weaknesses as well.

Edit: My bad, you said this like 2 posts up lol
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-24 14:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I explained this already above. And Simon briefly commented on it. Shining one for samurai is such a strong option, despite being resisted by 25%, that you get better DPS simply using the resisted weapon vs a weaker blunt option. You tp significantly slower switching to club for instance, and it will take you two WS to kill anyways. You can we at 1750 on Sam and basically one shot it. The same applies for DRG using a staff. I hit skeletons for upwards of 45k impulse drives on samurai. It's not even worth swapping to blunt weapons
By SimonSes 2021-06-24 14:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »

Unless you wanna fight skeletons. Mobs retain their normal resistances/weaknesses as well.

Edit: My bad, you said this like 2 posts up lol

He knows it. He pointed this out like 2 times in last 4 posts. He once havent mentioned about using Piercing on Skeletons instead and immediately someone points this out. I can feel Buukki frustration lol
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-06-24 15:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Skeletons are 50% Piercing resistance.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-06-24 15:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

They are 50% piercing resistant, and I know that for a fact. Too much time spent fighting them over the years on thief. Killing skeletons with piercing weapons is a royal pain.
 Odin.Karizo
By Odin.Karizo 2021-06-24 16:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I explained this already above. And Simon briefly commented on it. Shining one for samurai is such a strong option, despite being resisted by 25%, that you get better DPS simply using the resisted weapon vs a weaker blunt option. You tp significantly slower switching to club for instance, and it will take you two WS to kill anyways. You can we at 1750 on Sam and basically one shot it. The same applies for DRG using a staff. I hit skeletons for upwards of 45k impulse drives on samurai. It's not even worth swapping to blunt weapons

We run with 3 DDs, a COR, BRD, and WHM.

I would be interested in seeing a screenshot of SAM 1-shotting skeletons with Impulse Drive using Shining One without a GEO.

Please enlighten me lol.

But if you use a GEO, sure, I can see that happening.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-24 21:48:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not one-shot, but close on C1.

They have around 60k HP, so it takes two to kill one. I was hitting for 30k~ on C4 as well. But even if you cannot one shot skeletons, the point I was making was that you don't need to bring a blunt option to cover 3 weapon types. SAM TPs so fast, it doesn't even matter if its weaker because it makes up for it in frequency and Shining One being a monster weapon.

Skeletons + Draguars make up only 3(?) of the possible groupings of monsters in Odyssey. You can mixmax if you want to, but this is not a case where it comes out wildly ahead, if even at all.

(Back to Monk for real this time)
By Seun 2021-06-25 01:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
They are 50% piercing resistant, and I know that for a fact.

They have around 60k HP, so it takes two to kill one. I was hitting for 30k~ on C4 as well.

Did you have banish applied? It would cut that resistance in half so might still be possible to one-shot them if you really had to. Still pretty effective either way.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-25 09:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
Did you have banish applied?

I don't think so. Probably not because these were the ones that stop to cast and dont gather. Could have been on claim-pull and that only lasts 15 seconds. C1 they are really weak anyways.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By dontclickme 2021-07-17 16:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Anyone got the lastest BiS for Impetus up/down Victory smite with Vere?

Cheers

Sechs posted a page back with sets for a handful of WS's. There's been a few tweak by others to improve the sets in the posts following.
By Taeketsu 2021-07-29 22:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So I recently got back after about a year hiatus and got myself the Mpaca set (r0). And well, I'm a little confused on the redundance of gear now.

I have Mpaca 5/5, Kendatsuba +1 5/5, and Malignance 3/5 (FU Lillith)

How exactly do these sets apply? I don't really have a concern about inventory but rather best situations to use these or mix and match. Is Mpaca worth TPing in or is it strictly a hybrid set, and wouldn't Malignance be better as a hybrid set anyway due to the higher magic evasion?

I'm kind of thinking Kenda +1 still wins out for most TP situations (unless survival is an issue), then Mpaca for hybrid for TP/PDT, and lastly Malignance hybrid but where magic eva may be more important. Would love to make this easier on my gearswap by ruling out Kenda but doesn't seem like that would be wise. Thanks in advance for any input
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-30 01:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been discussed in the previous pages.
Those three sets are different but also do have a moderate amount of redundance.

Kendatsuba used to be a set with High Meva, High Acc and decent TP stats (TA/Crit).

Malignance has DT, Acc and lotsa meva (and STP, also PDL which matters if you're overcapped on attack)

Mpaca has lotsa Acc, PDT, TA/Crit (less than Kendatsuba) and Attack, which is not present on the previous two sets.
It also has higher MDB than the others and one piece (legs) has Subtle Blow II.

Which is best and when?
All three provide nice amounts of acc.
Kenda probably has the best melee stats (DPS) and nice Meva, but no defense against physical damage.

Malignance has defense against all damage, lovely STP but no other melee (DPS) stats. Well PDL but most of the time that's not really relevant imho.

Mpaca has nice DPS stats, I'd say better than Malignance in most situations, maybe slightly worse than Kenda but compensated by the presence of attack.
Has average Meva but higher than usual MDB, which puts Mpaca in a strange spot against magical damage (you won't resist debuffs more than usual, but if it's magical damage spells that you're being targeted with, then Mpaca will be decent despite the lack of DT, MDT and additional Meva)

This is a sum of considerations about the three sets. Which piece to use and when is a bit harder imho and kinda depends on your gear, your style, your preference and what you're fighting against I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-07-30 02:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

All of the things I said were with TP gear in mind, but the truth is that there's not just TP, there's also WS for instance.

Malignance is not really that great for most WSs (I use it for Shijin Spiral and Shell Crusher), Kendatsuba and Mpaca have some pretty nice options for WSs. The latter in particular is BiS sometimes.

I think I posted a small comparison of WS performance of various set items a few pages ago. Mpaca performs very well in general.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
By Bosworth 2021-09-19 16:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it better to stack WSD or Double/Triple Attack for Howling Fist and Raging Fist damage?
By Guyford 2021-09-19 16:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Multi hit for all h2h wses except final heaven.
By SimonSes 2021-09-19 17:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Multi hit for all h2h wses except final heaven.

1% vs 1% its true. Still remember that 1%DA is worth 2%WSD (less, if you have some QA and TA already). So with some QA and TA, 10%WSD will win with 5%DA.
By Bosworth 2021-09-19 17:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so the mnk sup3 Ken set is a decent set for Howling and Raging then
First Page 2 3 ... 343 344 345 ... 363 364 365