iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 341 342 343 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Kaelann
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kaelan
By Asura.Kaelann 2021-06-06 01:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of spreadsheets, is there a link to an up-to-date MNK sheet?

I'd like to verify some of those sets above. And it would be nice to have a better idea of the difference between the above sets and more defensive/hybrid builds.
By SimonSes 2021-06-06 01:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nalfey said: »
Don't use this TP set as always it's coming from someone looking at spreadsheets instead of actually playing the job.

So how exactly you think I don't play the game.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
He's missing the (*) Not glass-cannon notation. It should have been common sense.

So instead of fighting about it, there's the notice.

More glassy build with adhemar bonnet and af+3 feet is slightly stronger, but exactly because I play the game and I also know opinion of other people playing the game I know that almost none uses so called MaxTP sets for anything serious. The only thing I would consider a good swap for DPS at cost of survivability would be Kendatsuba feet. With Kenda feet this set is 0.8% behind MaxTP set and I don't think that difference is enough to drop tons of survivability.

Asura.Kaelann said: »
Speaking of spreadsheets, is there a link to an up-to-date MNK sheet?

I'd like to verify some of those sets above. And it would be nice to have a better idea of the difference between the above sets and more defensive/hybrid builds.

I might link one later. I need to change names and delete 80% of old items first.
[+]
 Asura.Nalfey
user: Nalf
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-06-06 06:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well stop playing MNK because you obviously suck at it.
There is absolutely no reason to fully stay in hybrid TP set for most of the content of this game.

When I MNK in sheol C farm we can go up to 10k segments per run, the only time I would fully hybrid is on floor 4 or when popping NMs. You can perfectly get away on floor 3 with dodge/mantra/chacra.

Appart from Ngai V15, or DynamisD wave 3 circle NMs there is no reason to use a hybrid Tp set at all time , stay in BiS TP set to maximise you damage.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-06 06:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What is it with PUP enthusiasts and mental disabilities?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-06 07:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from that...

It IS the mentality here. The kick based glass cannon set is the better DPS set. If it's 1 DPS better and you aren't wearing it, you are wrong.

And not the "well that's your opinion wrong" but the "full zealot, foaming at the mouth, eye lasers, screeching GIMP wrong"

Give up 1 DPS to cap subtle bow, another 1 DPS to raise MEVA, and 1 more DPS to lower your enmity and well you instantly fail all timed fights, it's crazy.
The gear check is unparalleled.
[+]
 Asura.Nalfey
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-06-06 08:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Min/max is the reason Simon does all his spreadsheets, you guys can stay mediocre at your jobs I couldn’t care less. Good luck unlocking all V15 and getting Nyame r20 with your loser mentality.
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2021-06-06 09:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking a bit longer to achieve the same result is hardly "losing". Especially when the content itself is time-gated and super-grindy, I think there's a lot to be said for doing stuff comfortably.

Min-maxing has its place in situations where you're actually stretched, which is a remarkably tiny sliver of all content in the game as it stands right now.

And let's face it, the reward you get for burning through everything you can is... boredom!
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-06 09:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

***never getting R20 Nyame cause I used Hybird set on MNK for a unity fight ; ;

Y'all act like you play with the best support ever for everything. There is a clear DPS winner for stuff but when to use it vs hybrid/Def sets not only depends on what you fighting, but also your support/healers. Clear fights it not about one person being the best DD its about rounding out the whole team and bringing what is needed. Sometimes DD taking less damage can help out newer/under gear support.
By SimonSes 2021-06-06 10:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Min/max is the reason Simon does all his spreadsheets, you guys can stay mediocre at your jobs I couldn’t care less. Good luck unlocking all V15 and getting Nyame r20 with your loser mentality.

Min/maxing doesn't mean only mix/maxing DPS. I min/max sets to be most useful. I this case gaining 0.2% DPS with +3 legs is not worth it. The set I posted is not a hybrid set. It's a TP set with some survivability in slots that doesn't gain much with Glass Cannon damage pieces.

The advantage of swaps you posted with also added adhemar bonnet over set I posted with swap to Kenda feet for AM3 very with impetus up and capped attack is around 0.5% for uncapped attack it's around 0.15% If that's worth it for you over all the meva, PDT, MDB and killer effects then you can use it, IDGAF.

Calling people losers over it tho, only shows how limited you are.
[+]
By Taint 2021-06-06 10:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a time when DT/Hbyrids really hurt DPS. We are no longer in that position. Doing 6000 DPS vs 5900 on a job that has a heavy crit bias is going to make zero difference in an actual game setting.

A single death, paralyze, slow, amnesia that simons set avoids puts it way over the top in terms of DPS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2021-06-06 10:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
What is it with PUP enthusiasts and mental disabilities?

some people just never mentally grew out of playing with dolls
[+]
 Asura.Nalfey
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-06-06 10:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys can justify your mediocrity as much as you want, it doesn't make you right. We use Hybrid or M.eva sets to swap to exactly for the situations stated above, not having your main non-hybrid TP set the best you can is a mistake.
I'm half way max augmenting my Nyame sets and cleared all the V15 bosses, there is a reason for this and you'll understand when you get to the T3s V15 that there is no room for mediocrity.

Simon keeps posting dumb sets and misinformation on every single job guide, people just accept them without questioning them or testing them. You are the sheep of the world.
By Taint 2021-06-06 11:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That may be the most Ridiculous post I’ve read in a while. You literally are talking out of your *** with nothing more than mydeeps coming out.
We all have your gear, we are just smart enough to understand the math behind this game.
[+]
 Asura.Nalfey
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-06-06 11:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure thing keep believing that. People like you who think they're the smartest are usually failures and can never accept they are wrong. You can say what ever you want that TP set is not optimal and is a Hybrid set end of discussion.
By SimonSes 2021-06-06 11:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure thing keep believing that. People like you who think they're the smartest are usually failures and can never accept they are wrong.
Projection
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-06-06 11:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

People like you who think they're the smartest are usually failures and can never accept they are wrong.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Inx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2021-06-06 11:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

More like he's just cosplaying 2005 Killing Ifrit posting.
[+]
 Asura.Nalfey
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-06-06 12:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys can flame and change the subject as much as you want it doesn't make Simon's TP set any better.
By SimonSes 2021-06-06 12:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

change the subject as much as you want

You are surprised? You call everyone losers and your arguments are that you have half on Nyame set augmented and can farm 10k in Odyssey. Only serious reaction to your posts is not taking you serious.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-06-06 12:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a reflection upon yourself. Besides how many augments you have on nyame and how many segments you get on a segment farm run doesn't mean jack ***.
[+]
 Asura.Nalfey
By Asura.Nalfey 2021-06-06 13:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh grow up, clearing the hardest content in the game the best you can is what everybody is trying to do, that's why we keep working on these guides and sets to make them better with the new gears.

Using specifics sets and clearing that content is proof that it works, and if you're from Asura you'll know that nobody uses MNKs in segment farms, they all want SAMs and DRKs and last resort is WARs or DRGs.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-06 13:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-06-06 13:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck unlocking all V15 and getting Nyame r20 with your loser mentality.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2021-06-06 13:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sams, Drks, Monks? who is this guy doing segment farms with?

2x savage blade WAR or, 1 War, 1 Drg is the best job combos.
both can Savage, both can Judgment, Both can shining one.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-06-06 13:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Using specifics sets and clearing that content is proof that it works, and if you're from Asura you'll know that nobody uses MNKs in segment farms, they all want SAMs and DRKs and last resort is WARs or DRGs.

Also, lmao.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-06-06 13:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh grow up, clearing the hardest content in the game the best you can is what everybody is trying to do, that's why we keep working on these guides and sets to make them better with the new gears.

You are the one who sounds like a child. Any solid group made up of competent DD's of any type can get good segments from farms. Besides you end up with more than you'll ever use. Odyssey progress is a horrible way to gauge a player, but if it makes you feel better about yourself please continue.
[+]
By Littleflame 2021-06-06 13:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're from Asura you'll know that nobody uses MNKs in segment farms, they all want SAMs and DRKs and last resort is WARs or DRGs.

Personally I prefer War Drg combo over all other.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-06 14:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

getting Nyame r20 with your loser mentality
I'm half way max augmenting my Nyame sets

New rule only reading post from people with Nyame R20
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-06-06 15:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Littleflame said: »
if you're from Asura you'll know that nobody uses MNKs in segment farms, they all want SAMs and DRKs and last resort is WARs or DRGs.

Personally I prefer War Drg combo over all other.

WAR DRG definitely beat out DRK for segments, no question.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2021-06-06 18:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

HATE in the air!
well for me i will use the MAX dmg/tp for my normal engage set, and thats why we have toggle for sets if u need more survivability, we can switch between them, was just wondering for that mpaca hands, how good is the TA dmg?
First Page 2 3 ... 341 342 343 ... 363 364 365