Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » iiPunch - Monk Guide
iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 249 250 251 ... 363 364 365
By SimonSes 2019-04-19 12:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
SimonSes said: »
So you WS naked?

In WS gear you will have over 400 STR, while only like 240VIT. 30% from over 400 is more than 50% from 240.

Also what Im saying comes from calculations, not gut feelings. Provide your own calculations or stop trolling.

Youll have more than just 240 vit. Given its your highest innate stat and gear comes with vit as well, esp monk specific gear.

Not even 240, but 222. I'm missing 22 STR here because I have 0STR augment on feet and path A Adhemar instead of path B. Sushi would be another +6. 50%VIT would still be slightly more than 30%STR without Veret, which doesnt change the fact that Vsmite without Veret is still on avg 90% stronger than Ascetic.
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-19 15:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Started Vere today the pain better be worth it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-19 20:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It sucks but it's not bad. It's a goal. I would farm dragua and ulhuadshi easily in rotations by doing amun and blanched for ki, then dragon in altepa. Then repeat. Doing it in your off time in between random warps or before your other events helps them add up. Only takes a few moments to run out and get items. What really sucks is trying to knock it out in one full farm.
By Seralonde 2019-04-19 20:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Started Vere today the pain better be worth it.

it's worth it
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-19 22:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Is farming it via boxes bad? I have two characters so doing time spawns is kinda
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2019-04-19 22:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

So you WS naked?

In WS gear you will have over 400 STR, while only like 240VIT. 30% from over 400 is more than 50% from 240. EDIT: Over 400 with Verethraga. Probably around 340 without it, so assuming we are not using Veret, but something nautral like Spharai, then 50%VIT will beat 30%STR, but it doesn't change things much. Still getting VS avg 90% stronger than Ascetic.

Also what Im saying comes from calculations, not gut feelings. Provide your own calculations or stop trolling.

you chose some really bad numbers there. 30% of 400 is 120. 50% of 240 is 120.

Ascetics performs very close to the same as VS if you only have trust buffs.
By SimonSes 2019-04-20 04:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
So you WS naked?

In WS gear you will have over 400 STR, while only like 240VIT. 30% from over 400 is more than 50% from 240. EDIT: Over 400 with Verethraga. Probably around 340 without it, so assuming we are not using Veret, but something nautral like Spharai, then 50%VIT will beat 30%STR, but it doesn't change things much. Still getting VS avg 90% stronger than Ascetic.

you chose some really bad numbers there. 30% of 400 is 120. 50% of 240 is 120.

Ascetics performs very close to the same as VS if you only have trust buffs.

Bolded the part that you choose to ignore. Also I understand that Ascetic catches up with really low pdif, because of attack bonus, but what exactly would you go fight solo with trusts on MNK that also ahs high enough def? If it's a single mob, use Shell Crusher at start for 25%def down, Koh for DiaIII, Qultada for Chaos roll, berserk, impetus and you should easily be at pretty high ratio.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-20 05:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that I think about it I want Focus and Dodge to buffed as well. We should be able to full time it tbh. That or they need readjust cool downs to where we don’t have 1Min of no buffs.
By Ruaumoko 2019-04-20 05:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

use Shell Crusher at start for 25%def down.
Seriously under-used opener for solo/lowman fights. Annoying having to change weapons but I don't notice it bother me too much with Sagitta. I can see it being more of a pain with Vereth AM.
By Cronnus 2019-04-20 07:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Seriously under-used opener for solo/lowman fights. Annoying having to change weapons but I don't notice it bother me too much with Sagitta. I can see it being more of a pain with Vereth AM.

Been doing this for ambu all month. Even 2k shells and 3k for vere dps sores after you bring out the h2h. It's a high buff situation so it goes quick.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-20 12:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's how I do all my helm solos on Monk. It's underrated for sure. I can't see a fight where using it wouldn't be a huge help, even dynamis certain bosses
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2019-04-20 13:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

So for a counter set I was thinking of using Herculean hands> Rao+1. (Already purchased the damn things lol..)

The accuracy and meva on those is pretty lack luster. The higher the accuracy the better counter procs should be.

So far
My hands are: DEX+10 Acc+25 Attack+38 Counter+3
My Feet are: DEX+6 Acc+26 Attack+13 Counter +4

Both have some -PDT on the base pieces along with Triple Attack/Subtle Blow.

I'm stuck using the 119 Kirins Osode as a body.

I'll be working on AF/Relic Reforging soon. What I really need right now is a card campaign.

This isn't optimal but it's a set I threw together for grinding out some Apex.
Code
sets.engaged.Counter 
={   
    ammo="Amar Cluster",
    head={ name="Rao Kabuto +1", augments={'VIT+12','Attack+25','"Counter"+4',}},
    body="Reiki Osode",
    hands={ name="Herculean Gloves", augments={'Accuracy+25 Attack+25','"Counter"+3','DEX+10','Attack+13',}},
    legs={ name="Ta'lab Trousers", augments={'Accuracy+15','Mag. Evasion+15','Enmity-7','Crit.hit rate+3',}},
    feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Accuracy+26','"Counter"+4','DEX+6','Attack+13',}},
    neck="Mnk. Nodowa +2",
    waist="Moonbow Belt +1",
    left_ear="Sherida Earring",
    right_ear="Genmei Earring",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Epona's Ring",
    back={ name="Segomo's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10','System: 1 ID: 640 Val: 4',}},
}
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-04-20 13:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely forgot Herculean could get counter... Back to rngesus for a better counter set. Thanks skarwind!!
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-20 14:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if we will ever get REMA adjustments. Glanzfaust never fail to make me laugh.

The 5% Attack should be upped to 10% at least. ***turn that guard proc rate to 25% since the ***never seems to proc by itself.

And up the Accuracy/Evasion Bonus to +100. They give people no incentive to make that weapon other than to lockstyle...
[+]
By Nariont 2019-04-20 14:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey now i notice guard exists

When i use dodge anyway, sometimes
By Daemythos 2019-04-21 02:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the most efficient way to farm Chorlis buds? Been meaning to get started on my fists.

Individual farming? Gold chest farming?

Do I need to proc anything from him or the 2 leaf buds 100% drop"?
By geigei 2019-04-21 03:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Daemythos said: »
What is the most efficient way to farm Chorlis buds?
Having 15 mules.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-04-21 03:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Daemythos said: »
What is the most efficient way to farm Chorlis buds? Been meaning to get started on my fists.

Individual farming? Gold chest farming?

Do I need to proc anything from him or the 2 leaf buds 100% drop"?

Both. You make 255 amber (kill Titan for that. It gives 16-64 amber light) and just farm NMs. You will need to farm pop items from trash so you will get a lot of gold chests too. Just remember to never kill with WS anything that gives ruby light. Even 8 ruby light is noticable. Keep killing NMs and everything else with melee hits to build pearlscent light.
[+]
By Afania 2019-04-21 07:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously under-used opener for solo/lowman fights. Annoying having to change weapons

The ws can be used by whm geo brd pld, really no reason for a real dd to sacrifice dps for it because mages should be doing them.
By SimonSes 2019-04-21 08:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Seriously under-used opener for solo/lowman fights. Annoying having to change weapons

The ws can be used by whm geo brd pld, really no reason for a real dd to sacrifice dps for it because mages should be doing them.

Well if you solo ulmia or joachim probably wont be so nice to use it :)
By Nariont 2019-04-21 08:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You aint wrong but id only trust pld or brd to do it without taking up to twice as long as the mnk, least i dont think geos got a decent tp set side jhakri? And whm, well you know, whm can only na and cure in content~
By Afania 2019-04-21 08:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
without taking up to twice as long as the mnk,

Blurred staff +1 has oat, that should speed tp speed up on a low MA job.

Nariont said: »
And whm, well you know, whm can only na and cure in content~

Unless the mob has aoe petra/charm move or something, its often more ideal to heal frontline anyways.

Just do an aoe ss before engage, you should have 1000 tp before you really need to cast cure/na spam and slow down.
By Nariont 2019-04-21 09:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The whm bit was a joke, forgot about blurred so thad just be a case of justifying tracking one down, would probably just grab ambu or the staff from ony
By SimonSes 2019-04-21 10:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think on anything that requires shell crusher you want to use 3000tp one so it will last as long as possible, even when partialy resisted.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 10:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Mages have more important jobs, and DD sets/acc sets are low priority for them. And generally you dont want to be in melee range as a mage.
By SimonSes 2019-04-21 11:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What BRD has to do outside of maybe few debuffs that stops hin from melee? Except a strategy to intentionally lower tp feed to mininum you should defunitely melee on BRD. Melee sets for brd and whm is s free set that is also used for -DT. Both have also access to Inyanga set that is just amazing to to stay in range of tp moves. You will basically easily reduce every magic damage to minimum and resist all debuffs in most cases.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2019-04-21 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What BRD has to do outside of maybe few debuffs that stops hin from melee? Except a strategy to intentionally lower tp feed to mininum you should defunitely melee on BRD. Melee sets for brd and whm is s free set that is also used for -DT. Both have also access to Inyanga set that is just amazing to to stay in range of tp moves. You will basically easily reduce every magic damage to minimum and resist all debuffs in most cases.

Whm still wants to stay away unless youre just being lazy or the mob has 30+ yalm aoe. Brd is really the only mage job that would actually be reasonably able to do this.
By Afania 2019-04-21 13:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If whm cant do it then geo can, since they are doing indi bubble to begin with.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-04-21 13:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

you can TP before the fight immediately shell crush and switch to you H2H weapon it takes all of 2 seconds. Why are any mages putting themselves in danger because you don’t want to lose your precious parse?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 249 250 251 ... 363 364 365