Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-25 20:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
i just use a simple formula

me:

Draw it in crayon for me, use highlighter where necessary.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-25 20:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

okay to put it simple, with magic haste capped:

spharai: 4.56
glanz: 8.16
vere: -8.04
godhands: 12.48
saggita: 6.36
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-25 21:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. So using a Mache Earring+1 for melee on anything but Godhands is a waste of MA. Spharai needs Haste Samba to cap. Any minor gear improvements can make that cap without the need for it, or is it mostly negligible to even worry about?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-25 21:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldn't bother with haste samba for mnk unless for some reason you're not magic capped. dnc doesn't need the samba either.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-26 06:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember that during Impetus you get another -6 delay on Martial Arts through Bhikku+1. Likely to become -7 and -8 on the +2 and +3 empy respectively, whenever SE decides to release them (soon, I suppose)
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2018-12-26 22:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone with Final Heaven test whether or not it's better to do a VIT cape or STR?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-12-26 22:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

how is that even a question
 Asura.Mcdonalds
By Asura.Mcdonalds 2018-12-26 22:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
how is that even a question

Ah, because I put a question mark at the end of the sentence. Back in the forums others mentioned using VIT over STR. It would have been just as easy for you to have said yes, or no. In fact, much easier. Or you could have not replied at all.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-12-26 23:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it is a 80% vit mod so.... am I missing something here. Anyone need a monk +1 neck?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-26 23:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You are missing something. It's a valid question, given they recently adjusted how STR affects Physical Damage. He's asking if the changes recently made were tested as to whether it was worth even bothering with a VIT mod, since STR modifies attack anyways, and you could use it for other STR modified WS. It's not a silly question at all, actually.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2018-12-27 00:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The only change to STR was the conversion to attack. And he specifically asked about Final Heaven.

VIT is the way to go, if you're going to be making multiple and you want a Final Heaven cape in particular.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-27 01:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

As a side note remember that while STR/Crit is probably the best choice for Victory Smite, STR/WSD works surprisingly nice, the difference shouldn't be that big with the STR/Crit cape, if you're looking to save inventory space.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see the STR/WSD cape get slightly ahead of the STR/Crit cape when Impetus is up, given the new avg crit granted by the new acc cap at 99%, and/or you have additional sources of Crit rate (Ramuh Aura, Rogue Roll etc)
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-12-27 05:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
As a side note remember that while STR/Crit is probably the best choice for Victory Smite, STR/WSD works surprisingly nice, the difference shouldn't be that big with the STR/Crit cape, if you're looking to save inventory space.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see the STR/WSD cape get slightly ahead of the STR/Crit cape when Impetus is up, given the new avg crit granted by the new acc cap at 99%, and/or you have additional sources of Crit rate (Ramuh Aura, Rogue Roll etc)

I would personally aim for Vsmite set that caps at 100% crit rate with max impetus stacks at 1000 tp. Base is 15% (22% for godhands), merits and ddex are 20%. So you need 15%. Cape and hands are 15% and seems to be the best option imo. Also imo focus should be used at start with impetus and then whenever you miss and lose the stacks (assuming focus is ready).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-27 05:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confident STR/Crit is the best option for Vsmite outside of Impetus. I was just saying that last I tested the difference wasn't that insanely huge with a STR/WSD cape, which was inferior but still nice, for someone looking to save inventory space.

During Impetus it kinda depends on your crit values. As long as your max possible crit rate (considering 50% from Impetus) doesn't exceed 100%, then STR/Crit is of course gonna win again.
If for any reason you're above that (TPoverflow, different gear, different buffs) then STR/WSD will probably win.
Doubt it's gonna win by a large margin if it does.

I dunno, wasn't trying to give bad suggestions to other people, just that for people who don't care that much STR/WSD is a viable, alternative, inferior option that allows you to save some inventory space, since it's okay for other WSs as well.
By SimonSes 2018-12-27 07:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I totally agree with you Sechs, but it would require some good coding in lua to equip WSD cape over Crit cape if you are above 100% crit rate. Tho im not sure if that's even possible, because im not sure if you can check your current crit rate from impetus and that varies a lot.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-27 07:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Monts gs already counts impetus hits.
Code
function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' and state.DefenseMode.current ~= 'None' then
        if state.Buff.Impetus and (spell.english == "Ascetic's Fury" or spell.english == "Victory Smite") then
            -- Need 6 hits at capped dDex, or 9 hits if dDex is uncapped, for Tantra to tie or win.
            if (state.OffenseMode.current == 'Fodder' and info.impetus_hit_count > 5) or (info.impetus_hit_count > 8) then
equip(sets.impetus_body)

Couple minor tweeks(5 and 8 respectively) and putting appropriate cape in the set.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-27 07:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That's so hardcore! Cool stuff.
Personally I'm lazy and not really interested in O(cd)ptimizing my MNK that deep.

It's cool knowing there's a way to keep track of misses/hits through LUA though! Might come in handy in the future :D
If the difference was big I'd bother, but as long as it's gonna remain this small I don't really care either way honestly.
But hey, I'm a bad MNK so I don't count lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-27 08:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

50% Crit damage plus isn't really "Small" but yeah

(nevermind that second part, job points don't increase the cap that way)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-27 08:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
50 Crit damage plus isn't really "Small" but yeah
We were talking about 10 Crit rate vs 10 WSD though. (unless I misunderstood you?)

The bonus on Bhikku Cyclas is huge, nobody would dare questioning that, especially with the +3 version being released (hopefully) soon.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-27 08:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant that if you aren't using it at all, its a big difference.

And that if you are, changing one piece of a set is a really easy change. just add "cape" to the set. and change two numbers. (assuming you have the other cape already, making additional capes for single purpose is a tough sell sometimes)
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-12-27 09:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I deleted my question here, sry.

I'm not awake yet, and this question was easily answered by myself after looking at some pieces and thinking for 5 secs.

10 demerits for me, I'll go sit in a corner and think about what I've done.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-27 09:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new 99% Accuracy cap, Impetus will give you on average ~35% Crit Rate and ~35 Accuracy.
Bhikku Cyclas +1 will add another ~35% Critical Damage, which is huge for both TP and WS (Victory Smite only, of course).

Aside from situations where the accuracy bonus on Bhikku+1 (lower than other more recent body options that got released after) is not enough to keep you at capped accuracy, you should always use Bhikku+1 when Impetus is up.
That's gonna be even more true once the +2 and +3 versions will be released.

Bhikku+1 also has -6 Delay to Hand To Hand, which is not an issue on Godhands, might be an issue for Verethragna since it has a lower delay, I dunno, it needs to be calculated. On a hunch I'd say it's still totally worth it but I haven't personally tested it.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-12-27 09:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

trying to afterglow spharai atm, @6500 to go or so.

(in case you're kind enough to answer my dumb questions in the future)
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-12-27 10:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Going back to getting TP on monk..

I did some math to check what popular set options give the best TP gain. I used the set below as base and I was checking what's best in remaining slots.

ItemSet 364076

Generally for TP gain the best seems to be Bhikku legs +1 with herc feet, but I want to provide perspective of how much better it is too. I dont know if I havent done too much or not enough rounding down, so true value might be marginally different. I didn't bother with Mache earring +1, because even for Godhands it looses with Telos earring. For Spharai I assumed AM up.

Numbers will be average TP per round and average TP per sec.

Without SAM roll during Impetus, so with Bhikku Body +1:
a) Max Samnuha with 6%TA herc feet
- Godhands 387, 184
- Verethragna 327, 174
- Spharai 357, 179
- Sagitta A 416, 207
- Sagitta B 395, 196
b) Bhikku legs +1, 6%TA herc feet
- Godhands 391, 186
- Verethragna 332, 177
- Spharai 361, 181
- Sagitta A 420, 209
- Sagitta B 399, 198
c) Bhikku legs +1, AF+3 feet
- Godhands 378, 180
- Verethragna 322, 172
- Spharai 350, 176
- Sagitta A 406, 202
- Sagitta B 388, 193

Few conclusions:
1. Sagitta A easily wins without SAM rolls and has ~18% lead over last option which is Verethragna.
2. Kick Attack option with Bhikku+1 legs and af+3 feet is around 1-2.5% behind Samnuha/HercFeet and around 2.5-3.5% behind Bhikku+1/HercFeet

The same but with +68 STP SAM roll:
a) Max Samnuha with 6%TA herc feet
- Godhands 567, 270
- Verethragna 489, 261
- Spharai 535, 269
- Sagitta A 590, 294
- Sagitta B 592, 295
b) Bhikku legs +1, 6%TA herc feet
- Godhands 571, 272
- Verethragna 495, 264
- Spharai 540, 271
- Sagitta A 595, 296
- Sagitta B 596, 297
c) Bhikku legs +1, AF+3 feet
- Godhands 552, 263
- Verethragna 480, 256
- Spharai 523, 263
- Sagitta A 576, 287
- Sagitta B 579, 288

Few conclusions:
1. Spharai catch up to Godhands, Sagitta B catch up and very marginally beats Sagitta A.
2. Veret is still last, but the distance to Sagitta is smaller (Sagitta has 12.5-13% lead).

Overall conclusion:
Bhikku+1 legs, Herc feet and Sagitta A seems to be the best option for multi-step skillchains. On the other hand Spharai provides much better Fusion WS, so it might be hard to beat something like Asuran > Smite > Final > Smite. Also Godhands provides Radiance (I think) with Asuran > Dragon > Shijin > Smite, which is also better than double light with the same WSs with Sagitta.
Going for more than 4 step with SAM roll also seems to be favoring Godhands, because of WS involved being highly boosted by TP bonus. Shijin > Raging > Asuran > Raging > Smite > Smite is probably the best 6 step Radiance on MNK?
Is more than 2 or 3 multi-stepping even worth it tho? Isn't simple Smite spam with Veret better than any 4 step (at least with Impetus up)? I think it is and only Godhands provide enough arguments (skillchain bonus from AM, Radiance, TP bonus working well with Raging Fists/Tornado/Dragon, highest base damage working well for Asuran, boosted Shijin damage) to attempt 3+ multi-stepping, but maybe I'm wrong :P
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-12-27 10:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from situations where the accuracy bonus on Bhikku+1 (lower than other more recent body options that got released after) is not enough to keep you at capped accuracy, you should always use Bhikku+1 when Impetus is up.

I think you forgot that Bhikku+1 body gives +2 acc per Impetus stack, making it on avg the highest accuracy piece with Impetus up. You could argue that you won't get enough stacks, if you drop your accuracy by equipping Bhikku+1 body at start for Impetus with 0 stacks, but that's why you should use focus at start of Impetus and in case you miss and drop stacks before Focus is off cooldown again, just use some accuracy swap, to get first 15 stack of Impetus and get the accuracy bonus with Bhikku body running.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-27 14:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I think you forgot that Bhikku+1 body gives +2 acc per Impetus stack
I didn't! But I was considering 1 per stack, my mistake.
Still, I think it's not exactely the same.
Sure you can stack as much as ~100 acc and have an average of ~70 acc, both are huge bonuses.
But if you're not capped when you activate Impetus (and the bonus is gonna be zero at start) it's gonna take a while to rack those stacks and finally get capped accuracy. And on the first miss, you're back to square zero.
Meaning the average acc bonus is gonna drop down a lot, no?

Also, that's not a specific bonus to Bhikku Cyclas but a built-in bonus in the JA, you're gonna get that acc bonus even with another body.

So honestly I don't think we should consider that bonus a factor when comparing 2 different bodies, since you're gonna get it regardless.
The only exclusive part to Bhikku+1 is the Crit Damage bonus unless I'm mistaken.
By SimonSes 2018-12-27 15:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you forgot that Bhikku+1 body gives +2 acc per Impetus stack
I didn't! But I was considering 1 per stack, my mistake.
Still, I think it's not exactely the same.
Sure you can stack as much as ~100 acc and have an average of ~70 acc, both are huge bonuses.
But if you're not capped when you activate Impetus (and the bonus is gonna be zero at start) it's gonna take a while to rack those stacks and finally get capped accuracy. And on the first miss, you're back to square zero.
Meaning the average acc bonus is gonna drop down a lot, no?

Also, that's not a specific bonus to Bhikku Cyclas but a built-in bonus in the JA, you're gonna get that acc bonus even with another body.

So honestly I don't think we should consider that bonus a factor when comparing 2 different bodies, since you're gonna get it regardless.
The only exclusive part to Bhikku+1 is the Crit Damage bonus unless I'm mistaken.

I addressed the issue with lower accuracy at start of impetus in my initial post that you responded to :P Use Focus with Impetus to take care of lower accuracy from swapping to Bhikku body +1 at start of the Impetus. Use Focus again if you miss during Impetus or swap to accuracy gear to build some stacks if Focus is on cooldown.
AFAIK +2 accurayc per stack is a Bhikku body bonus, not JA itself. At least that's what on bg wiki.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-27 15:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

AFAIK +2 accurayc per stack is a Bhikku body bonus, not JA itself. At least that's what on bg wiki.
I stand corrected, it's a Bhikku specific bonus. I was thinking about attack probably.
 Bahamut.Silentsteel
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Silentsteel 2018-12-27 19:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys use for movement speed on mnk?
First Page 2 3 ... 232 233 234 ... 363 364 365