iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 231 232 233 ... 363 364 365
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-23 12:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That has always been the case for Relic and Empyrean H2H, but multiple people have reported Sagitta working on multiattack procs as well.
Now of course they could all be wrong but that's why I'm asking: are you 100% sure about Sagitta?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-23 13:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

it doesn't proc on multi hits at all.

left swing, right swing, multi hits with left, kicks.

only procs on the right swing just like vere. spharai are on left fist hit. at least when you compare it to the animation with what shows in chat log. when used with boost, though, it works on the first hit only for some reason and you punch with your right hand first. probably some dumb code somewhere, but for all calculation purposes, it's first hit only.

just to double check, i boosted until i got a triple proc with relic even though the animation only uses right hand and normal proc animation/log shows left.

so for all calculation purposes, it's first hit on an attack round and no multis for all weapons as expected.

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-23 20:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a boosted auto-attack after having turned around to avoid Pain Sync out of force-of-habit.

It was a high-end Impetus critical hit with a Sagitta ODD proc added.
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-24 02:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of high-end Impetus chain.

Putting the Bhikku Cyclas +1 into a Counterstance set results in some pretty insane Counter damage when you build a solid chain. God help us when that thing can get +3'd.

This is the set I use to get these numbers. I was not fully buffed and I would love to know what damage a R15 Spharai would get, anyone want to hop on it?

ItemSet 364042
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-24 03:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
God help us when that thing can get +3'd.
Granted that it's gonna be surely better, I wouldn't expect massive amounts of improvement. If anything just stats to put it on par with the rest of the +3 gear.

The Impetus augment is gonna stay the same. We gonna receive stat+10, probably more def/HP, approximately +30 acc/att, probably another -1/-2 delay of Martial Arts.
Last but not least, it's likely we gonna see an entirely new stat which could be something useful (multiattack? I dunno) or something completely useless (Subtle Blow 1, yaiiii).

What I'm trying to say is that sure, it will be better, but not to the level of "oh god help us".
The unbelievably good part of that piece is the augment impetus part, and it's gonna stay exactely the same.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-12-24 07:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mcdonalds said: »
Rua has sagg. And it can proc double damage on any of the hits. I only say that because I have su5 thf fully upgraded with double damage and it can proc on any of the swings for that hand.

Cool story bro, but h2h was never the same as everything else. Veret triple damage is the only one from all empy that can proc only once per turn. Mythic h2h AM can only proc one per turn. Spharai can only proc on one hit too. AFAIK Sagitta is the same and can only proc double damage on one hit.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-12-24 07:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

all relics can only proc on one hit, so that's not a good example of H2H being treated differently
By SimonSes 2018-12-24 08:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
all relics can only proc on one hit, so that's not a good example of H2H being treated differently

Well, that's true, but logically (only logically because there is no reference as h2h is the only one of its kind tbh) you could expect it to be able to proc one time but per hand, not per round. Same for mythic AM3, you could expect it to be 2-3 hit per hand.

It could be too OP like that (or maybe actually close the gap between mnk and top DDs, who knows), but that's a different thing.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-12-24 09:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been gone for 6 years or so, came back in oct.

wtf IS boost now? Should I still be using it before WS like back in the old days? what is the max timer? Is it's main purpose kind of gimmicky for stuff like what Ruaumoko was doing, first fit on ambu, ect.? does it stack still? is a (new) boosted chi blast have potential anymore?

thanks in advance if anyone humors me.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-25 09:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Boost is garbage. Only used as a trick to exploit any time when you're not fighting something (like the example above). Don't use it normally, it slows down your DPS. For an occasion like the one above, you gain more by using it since you shouldn't be attacking during pain sync anyways. Also very good for bosses like kin and onych sandworm. You can use it with chi blast for a small increase in damage, and you aren't hampered by the delay reduction afterwards so it makes sense pairing it if you care about small increase on it. Chi blast has almost no potential to do one full damage unresisted nuke, though I haven't actually tested it with full mnd gear and max boost duration. I guess I can try that today and see if it has any effect.

Just thought of an interesting idea to improve boosted chi blast. Make boost augment the duration of penance chi blasts for a longer duration, based on how long you hold the boost for. Cuz subtle blow is Monk's thing
By SimonSes 2018-12-25 10:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Boost is good for epeen, so most ppl will use it anyway to see big numbers (including me). Its not like you struggle to do most content in limit time, so you can have some fun especially when dps loss is minimal.

I would also argue that in the events like dynamis boost can be used effectively without dps loss. You would just need to time it right between pulls.

Boost is also helpful for situation when you need to secure something with big damage spike (omen objective, nin mobs in dynamis, bypassing some low hp mechanics on some mobs etc.)
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-12-25 10:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I use boost because I can't hit 30k for omen when farming.

Why can't they just make it like SA that we can simply use WS right afterwards without delay?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-25 11:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen objectives yes that's what I used it for when I solo farmed my cards. I forgot that one. And I use it (once every five minutes) with my one footwork tkick
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2018-12-25 13:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks again all
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-25 13:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Why can't they just make it like SA that we can simply use WS right afterwards without delay?

That delay AFTER the WS is the primary reason why I never use it. I can do 1-2 WS in the space of time it takes for me to start attacking again, so any gain in damage from one WS is actually a loss overall. They do need to fix that.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-25 15:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it has to do with how many hits you need with h2h to hit 1k TP. With SAM, all you need is a Zanshin(Ikishoten) proc and you're golden. WAR/DRK/DRG/RUN all can also utilize effective x-hit builds to close the gap. MNK uses Kendatsuba+1 which is devoid of STP. Reason why I main Ashera Harness + Samnuha Tights for the additional STP. It's also why KA+ gear is actually quite helpful (more kick procs = more tp). And it might be one of the few reasons why a STP cape is better than DA cape, because MNK's best set doesn't get any STP on it.

What monk loses in STP, they get in MA through loads of DA/TA/QA/KA gear. So it may end up being about even in the end.
By Nariont 2018-12-25 16:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

was actually wondering if there was any merit in making some sacrifices for MA in favor of STP, though this was more a problem on PUP who gets less gear MA/no KA, namely something like ryuo head +1, does the +12 STP outweigh the TA that kende/even adhemar provides?
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-12-25 17:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
i'm probably imagining things but it seems sometimes like mnk has more post ws delay than my other jobs, making it harder to solo sc. this is without boost involved.

I don't think there is any delay. Mnk just doesn't have the tools to more than a single light chain. They could sub Sam for it though but not many mnk would do that.

War has 90%+ DA making a 4-hit built essentially a 2-hit built. Combine that with retaliation and War can consistently do 4/5 step selfchain without a Cor. Sam and Drg need their JA prep to do multi step chain without Cor. Drk relies more on their high TP weapon, JA and spells but I think they tend to just spam torchclever instead of a 3 step double darkness/light.

I think the other jobs similar to mnk are Blu, nin and thf. They all have a tougher time doing more than 3 step chains.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-25 18:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My Ninja actually has less trouble landing a multi step than my Monk does. Sange guarantees you will hit that window. I don't really ever get that same comfort of chaining WS on Monk. Maybe having fun godhands makes the difference but I will say I've noticed what Kusa is referring to. Even in a few of Rua's guide he uses a to wing to chain a ws ender. Ok can multi chain easily on other jobs, Monk does suffer a bit more than even my cor, which can use shots of needed
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-12-25 18:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know Nin can do 3-step consistently with JA. My nin always have a hard time getting enough after 1st chain. I need to utilize Sange for chains then.

However, that means mnk with footwork should be able get that TP for 3rd WS. SE must have messed up somewhere with their TP calculation since mnk could fall behind nin in tp gain.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-25 18:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SHUN > TEN > KAMU > SHUN > SHUN is double light(radiance), I hit it every time with capped haste and my set, even without sange. It's very possible, just need to stack lot of MA (su3 does the trick). Monk can do it as well but something to me doesn't feel the same. Just feels a tad smidge slower than Ninja, even with footwork.
By Ruaumoko 2018-12-25 19:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a little erratic, reliant on Triple Attack procs and all, but doing a simple 4-step isn't too hard.
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2018-12-25 20:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk isn't delay capped without samba iirc
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-25 20:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

godhands can cap with just mache +1 if magic haste is capped, without samba, which is the slowest of the rema.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-12-25 20:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Q - how can you tell how much Martial Arts you need to cap delay per weapon? Is there a delay calculator?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-12-25 20:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't know of any calculator, i just use a simple formula. example for godhands

(480 + 138) * 0.2 = (270 + 138 - x) * ((1024 - 256 - 448) / 1024)

x = 12.48
First Page 2 3 ... 231 232 233 ... 363 364 365