Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-13 00:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Shukuyu sune-ate Footwork effect stay after swapping in for activation? Or do we loose it if we change to something else?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-13 00:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Shukuyu Sune-Ate Increases Footwork's Attack modifier by 15% if worn during JA activation.

Bonus stays on
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-13 16:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Inner Strength.

Used during Azi Dahaka to counteract his Hundred Fists
He used Absolute Terror
Frozen for 15 seconds
Every one of his swings dealt zero damage (facing front) despite being frozen
All of his additional effects still went through
I did not have stoneskin up.

I know it's a one-trick pony SP2, but any idea why physical hits dealt zero damage despite me not actually countering? Do we know if this also boosts guard rate to 100% possible? Would make sense (doubles HP, caps counter rate, caps guard rate).

30 seconds isn't long enough
 Odin.Horu
Server: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2018-10-13 23:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

perhaps Azi's melee attacks are WSs? or perhaps during hundred fist its considered WSs, guard would negate the first hit of a WS so would make sense like that.

If that's the case,since bg wiki says inner strength has 100% perfect counter then perhaps its not 100% perfect counter alone, but Perfect counter and/or perfect guard(If thats what it'd be called?) where if perfect counter wouldn't land (Because of a WS for example) then a perfect guard would take its place.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-13 23:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are terrored, you cannot Guard (at least I don't think you can). So, that's got nothing to do with anything.

However, there's a better than 0% chance you have vorseals that negate damage, and may or may not have had a lucky string of those.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2018-10-14 00:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

guard works during petrified, terror,stun anything really
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-14 00:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're "disabled" like that, it certainly shouldn't... you can't move your arms to block/parry/guard.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2018-10-14 00:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Guarding_Skill
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-14 00:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not SE logic. You can guard while disabled.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2018-10-14 00:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

testing on guard was done back at level 75 where it was shown to work during status effects
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-14 00:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm willing to believe Inner Strength does give you 100% counter rate, 100% guard rate. Which is kind of unbelievable, since it gives massive (double) hp boost? Not entirely sure what the logic in giving an ability that does both of those, plus the HP, unless it's to perfect-guard TP moves, for 30 seconds. You'd have to telegraph a terror in order to get use out of it

I started loooking into counter/guard pieces. There aren't a lot ofgood ones. They even took the guarding skill from relic feet off of the reforged versions, which is odd. There's only a AF leg that gives guard. Count's cuffs gives it, but those are arguable garbage as well.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-14 00:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

How the *** you gonna guard attacks while you're literally turned to stone or unconscious.... logic.

Anyway... in that case, check tp returns. You get more tp from a tactical guard than just getting hit. Easy enough to test (though the window is pretty small)

A guard does not zero damage out either, btw
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-14 00:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not likely you get a lucky vorseal proc, 7 times in a row for only the phsyical portion, but not the magical additional effect.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2018-10-14 00:19:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I'm willing to believe Inner Strength does give you 100% counter rate, 100% guard rate. Which is kind of unbelievable, since it gives massive (double) hp boost? Not entirely sure what the logic in giving an ability that does both of those, plus the HP, unless it's to perfect-guard TP moves, for 30 seconds. You'd have to telegraph a terror in order to get use out of it

I started loooking into counter/guard pieces. There aren't a lot ofgood ones. They even took the guarding skill from relic feet off of the reforged versions, which is odd. There's only a AF leg that gives guard. Count's cuffs gives it, but those are arguable garbage as well.

It would explain a bit on why SE builds monk towards counter sets, pretty much a 30 second clutch for if your tank dies to getting him back up and buffed, you can tank and hold melee NMs while also having massive hp (Which is also healed at the time of activating inner strength) to buy time for healer to raise/heal/buff (Which is also not something new).

Since monk has extremely high subtle blow, that'd keep all tp fed to minimum while boosting dmg delt if you have a counter set.

Having said that, its only a little bit of a boost to monk, but its a 30 second useage in a 1hr window which is pretty much nothing sadly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-14 00:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Extend that to 3 minutes and you have a deal.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2018-10-14 00:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if theres a counter% -> guard% much like seigan% -> counter% for samurai? however since counter is mostly tested with counterstance, perhaps counterstance negates the guard boost?

Or perhaps SE never ment to negate the guard value (If it exists) with counterstance and it was broken without us knowing, that would explain why counterstance has the defense penalty.

only way to know is if someone with high counter gear without using counterstance tests guard at the same time against apex frogs with filters only allowing your dmg received.

I tested guard a few months ago, however I mainly aimed to have low acc to allow the mobs attacks to go thru and didn't test with low acc and counter gear
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-14 03:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, my record lasted less than a week.
 Odin.Horu
By Odin.Horu 2018-10-14 04:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

Or it takes you as a bard to boost the one who breaks your record?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-14 09:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin is so weak at this point, you can drop the tank and go 2x MNK and steamroll him. Wilt for midboss, assuming no Gorger absorbing mechanics, can destroy Kin/Gin/Kyou. Don't even need a tank anymore, given MNK's naturally high Counter and Guard rate, and magic resistance from Kendatsuba+1.

MNK can also contribute by starting fights off with Shell Crusher.
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-14 10:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow. I thought that was your TK you out did.
Guess I should read more closely. Nicely done.
By Ruaumoko 2018-10-18 02:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been toying around with VS lately and have been getting some decent damage from it, all things considered. This is the set I'm working towards.

ItemSet 362248
Cape has STR+30 ACC/ATT+20 WSD+10%
Feet are on D Path (STR+12 ATT+25 CRIT RATE+4%)

Anything I'm missing I can use to upgrade?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-10-18 04:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryo hands maybe for te critcal dmg ++ ? (dunno if wsd beat this)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-18 05:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

With the current status of WSD on gear I think it's quite likely they beat Ryou+1.
If that ever gets reverted I dunno, Ryuo+1 will win probably
 Asura.Elflegolas
user: Elf23
By Asura.Elflegolas 2018-10-18 07:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If WSD is the trump card right now, then Epaminondas's ring is worth testing vs regal (if you don't need the acc of course). Kariyeh+1 ring worthing test in high acc situations as well.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-18 07:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

According to Byrth's sets, that's the set I use.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-18 07:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elflegolas said: »
If WSD is the trump card right now, then Epaminondas's ring is worth testing vs regal (if you don't need the acc of course). Kariyeh+1 ring worthing test in high acc situations as well.
At att/acc uncapped I'm afraid Regal will win over Epaminonda.
At acc/att capped I dunno, Regal still got something to say on WS with really high mods.

On Vsmite for Instance it helps with WS mod, STR tiers and, last but not least, dDEX to possibly slightly increase Crit Chance.

Not sure Epaminonda can win over that, if it does I bet it's gonna be so close that, in a real and non spreadsheet-theoretical situation, you might still want to use Regal regardless.

Just a hunch anyway, I could be very wrong, haven't tested this.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-18 08:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I lied. I use that set, but I periodically swap between

DM Herculean WSD body/Anchorite +3
I use Hesychast's Hose+3 over WSD+7 legs, but periodically swap between the two.
There's an argument to be made for adhemar bonnet+1...

but witht he current wsd mechanics, unless you have something like +7~10 WSD in a slot, it's probably best to use crit hit/damage pieces. Unless you're going for an Impetus Up/Down set, then I could see you alternating sets for the buff, but I don't have time for that, Final Heaven when Impetus/Focus is down.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-18 08:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkside said: »

Oh wow. I thought that was your TK you out did.
Guess I should read more closely. Nicely done.

I have told people before Tornado Kick was insanely powerful, even before the WSD heist. Kind of crazy people never really prioritized it much in sets, given all the gear that was still out at the time. The WSD mechanic change surely changed it to the top of the list for sure. I knew something was up with this WS when I could hit 35k with just trusts before WSD with mediocre gear. At this point, screenshots like the one above are probably at the high point of spike damage (perhaps a DA/QA proc in set), but shows the potential for Monk in a zerg scenario. And I love it.

What's also being ignored in this screenshot is the several-thousand damage attack rounds (not battlemod so I can't see the split), but assuming 2-3 attacks per round, this monk was hitting Kin for 2-3k damage per 1~ seconds, which is really strong. I've seen melee cycles that hit for upwards of 10k a round, making something like HF in a zerg scenario almost a necessary component to even attempt to keep up with other DDs. The white damage is less impressive for zergs, but for dot fights like Kin, it's incredibly useful and noticeable. A monk not even exploiting TK can still steal hate very quickly just casually using WS and melee strikes, it's that powerful.
First Page 2 3 ... 220 221 222 ... 363 364 365