Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
For the Shinies! A Guide for Thief
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 262 263 264
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-12-02 08:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that has really helped me with success is switching from /war to /rdm.

My trusts have been:

Amchuchu
Selh'teus
Sylvie
Kupipi

I have a brd mule that basically just puts up songs, but I'm by no means a dual boxer.

I've found my own dispels much more reliable than Koru-moru was when I was failing this over and over.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-02 08:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

----------Omen Aeolian Edge Cleave - General Guide (video upcoming)------

Hey all, since we're on the subject of soloing and malignance gear I thought I'd post a followup to my omen hybrid soloing experiences several pages back. I've been working toward improving my clear rate and I've come a long way with it. So much so that I'm going to give a rundown and general strategy. I'll record a video tonight of it and post it to youtube when I get a chance and add the edit link here. We already know the overall gist of aedolain edge cleaving, but like I said doing it with trusts in omen is tricky because of bouncing hate and no true player party support. First off a few takeaways

1. First and foremost, a quality aeolian edge gear set is required. I've put a ton of effort into my herculean augs and this is my aeolian edge set. You don't need the orpheus's sash, but some good herc magic attack and most of the accessores are key.

ItemSet 368547

There are only two pieces in here that are truly "luxury" and those are the epamidonias's ring and the orpheus's sash. The rest is pretty easy to obtain, save for maybe the dingir ring.You can substitute a pair of shiva rings in their place, and for the belt just use grunfeld or something similar for the dex mod.

All five of my herculean pieces have pretty much Max MaB and a large chunk of magic accuracy, and my feet are a dark matter campaign aug. The two malevolences are also max potency. Using this set at 3000 TP I deal an average of 12,000 damage to everything I strike, and around 5-8k closer to 1000, meaning I can fell entire waves of mobs in just two weaponskills. Once again, you don't need your aeolian edge set to be completely optimized, but you can't be dealing 2-3K damage weaponskills and expect to get away with it either.

Note 1: The final 4 camps on the third floor beyond ladybugs all have extremely high magic defense. Ladybugs, Porxies, and the floating eyes all take roughly 3000-5000 damage, and that's not from resists. Their magic defense is just that high. The final Unseelie camp MUST be meleed. The Unseelies are so magic defensive that aeolian edge goes from 7-8k to triple digit numbers. You cannot magic weaponskill them or you will wind up stunned, TP drained, biod, nuked and killed. That's fine though because tauret utterly shreds them to bits since their physical defenses are extremely low.

Note 2: Have a variation of your aeolian edge set to apply treasure hunter 8 to all mobs. In addition to the set I posted I have a second variant that swaps out the herculean gloves and dingir ring for plunderer's armlets +3 and gourney ring. You only need to use this once per wave of mobs. You can use your max power set otherwise.

2. You need approximately 1250-1260 evasion to cap out on these mobs. I'm eating black curry buns for my runs, and this is my TP set.

ItemSet 369907

I've built a TP cape specific for this setup. My toutatis's has HP + 60, evasion/magic evasion + 20, an additional + 10 evasion (so 30 total), store TP +10, and -10% physical damage taken. I'm using moonbeam rings becase for what I'm doing I DO want to cap my -PDT, and the extra 260 HP between the rings and cape is extroardinarily useful. It puts my evasion at about 1260 on the nose, with the black curry buns I have about 1450 defense, and 2200 HP. Evasion has a cap of 80%, so even when you're capped you'll still get hit an average of once every 5 times. So the extra insurance is very worth it.

3. You must be able to weaponskill and swap back to your defensive hybrid set quickly. When you swap to your aeolian edge set your going to have floored evasion and there is a brief window and you can take a LOT of incoming damage very quickly. The biggest problem here is that following mobs as they bounce between trusts can often lead to your target being out of range, and you have to make sure your weaponskill doesnt get canceled out because the mob is too far away. Losing all your TP really sucks, and its easy to get caught in your weaponskill gear longer than you intend if this happens.

4. Have reraise up always. It goes without saying, but this is dangerous and easy to screw up. You can easily wipe, so the backup insurance is important.

And with those general pointers out of the way here's a basic rundown of my strategy per floor, with specific camp notes.

----------Floor 1---------

The important thing to note here is that damselflys are somewhat resistant to wind damage. If your aeolian set is lacking magic accuracy you may get a few resists. I have enough magic accuracy to only see resists on about 1 in every 4 or 5 damselflys, but if your aeolian edge set isn't able to handle them you may consider sticking to melee for this floor. If you can handle them however my strategy is straightforward

Step 1 -- Run in and grab 3-4 mobs and melee them at the outer edge of the camp. More will agro as you build TP. Supertank the adds until you have 3000 TP and unleash your most powerful aeolian edge on them, probably 6-8 mobs by this point. Make sure your trusts are positioned relatively safely because mobs will start to bounce at this point. Then build TP to 1,000 and weaponskill in your treasure hunter set. If your aeolian set is strong enough all the non-transgenent mobs should die at this point, otherwise repeat the cycle.

Step 2 -- Rinse and repeat. Resummon trusts as necessary if you get downtime. Try to be aware of mob positioning and know where potential aggro may come from, and keep the number of mobs you juggle to a reasonable amount.

If your aeolian edge set is strong enough, consider saving 3000 TP right before you warp up. My strategy for floor 2 is to perfect dodge the entire room and kill everything before my damage immunity window closes. Neither beetles nor leeches are wind resistant so I take this opportunity to do something risky

Note: Plunderer's Armlets +3 extends perfect dodge duration from 30 to 45 seconds. This is kind of important. I know I have enough time to get away with this. So gear quality will affect your strategy for floor 2.

--------Floor 2 -------

If you've saved 3,000 TP and plan to perfect dodge the room

If you're following my path you'll have 3,000 TP at this point. The goal is to take down everything in two weaponskills.

Step 1 -- Target the transgenent Leech, NOT the beetle. The beetle can and will use Rhino Guard, which raises its evasion by stupid amount, and this can really screw with your TP gain if you don't account for it. Activate flee and run in and aggro the entire room and pop perfect dodge right before they all get in range to start clobbering you. Engage the transgenent leech and unleash your strongest aeolian edge. You will lose 2-3 trusts at this point because the entire swarm will murder anything that casts in the timeframe it takes you to build 1K tp again. That's ok because perfect dodge will keep you safe. Build tp again and unleash your treasure hunter aeolian edge to hit everything with TH 8, and you should hopefully take down everything but the transgenets and maybe 3 or 4 randm mobs. Then just clean up the mess, resummon trusts, and head to floor 3.

If you've chosen to do this floor the safe way

My strategy for this floor is an advanced one that requires high gear quality, and it isn't for everyone. If you don't have a 45 second perfect dodge and/or you need 3 aeolian edges to fell mobs then you just do this floor as you would the first. Grab a few mobs and juggle them, weaponskill to apply treasure hunter once for each wave and take them down methodicaly. No different from floor 1.

------------------Floor 3 -------------

This is just going to be more of the same. The only advice I have for this floor is a few camp specific notes.

Rarabs -- Nothing special here. Standard tank and spank.

Mandragora -- These! Are! Dangerous!! I can't stress enough how you need to be very cautious here. Mandragoras attack speed is brutal, so you will want to juggle fewer mobs because they're going to hit you even in evasion gear. The -dt portion of this set really shines here. Also they can AoE sleep your trusts. This is the camp where things are most likely to go wrong so tak eextra precautions and play it safe.

Lizards and Birds -- see rarabs. Nothing special.

Ladybugs and Porxies -- Extremely high magic defense. They just flat out don't take as much damage as other camps, and ladybugs can amnesia you as well. Reduce your pull sizes to accomodate.

Floating Eyeballs --- These take reduced magic damage just like the previous 2 camps, but they also dont melee. Your magic evasion will be a godsend here. 5/5 malignance is HIGHLY recommended for these, and between the evasion hybrid cape and yamarans magic evasion you should be eating stone V's and stongea Ivs for 200-500 damage. Your trusts can heal through this.

Note: I've found of all the camps this is also the hardest to get mass aggro. I swear these things are stupid, becuse their line of sight aggro often just doesn't pull more than a few mobs at once. Use this to your advantage.

Unseelies -- Can Not Be Aeoilian Edge Burned. They just have astronomical magic defense. But their physical defense is as low as their magic defense is high. Equip your melee gear and mow em down.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-12-02 10:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How fast do you generally clear with this method?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-02 10:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot faster than when I meleed the zone, probably by about 10 minutes overall (that's just a guesstimate). There's some variance in run time but generally I finish the first floor in roughly 5 minutes, floor 2 in roughly 2-4, and floor 3 is about 3 - 4 minutes per camp. The biggest setback would be if I end up dying somehow, and even with practice that still happens occasionally. I can continue on weakened but I have to switch to melee and single pulls for that, since the slow and lower HP total would just end me otherwise. The thing is, even if I do die once my final run time is still better than if I had gone the melee rout. With my malignance hybrid it isn't hard to juggle 6-8 mobs at a time, but I try to limit myself to no more than that because like I said, as soon as I use aeolian edge things start hitting me and the incoming damage gets really serious with 9+. I remember a recent attempt where I ended up aggroing more than I wanted on the first floor and I went from almost capped hp to around 400 in an instant. That particular link didn't kill me, but others of similar calibur have already, especially when it happens at the mandragora camp. I could easily hold 10+ mobs, but there's no point if I die as soon as I try to kill them.

I'll get a video of the effort up soon-ish. Hopefully I don't end up screwing it up, lol.
 Phoenix.Sweden
Server: Phoenix
user: sweden
By Phoenix.Sweden 2019-12-02 10:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

How many S. Astral Detritus do you average per run with this method?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-02 10:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The same as I would have when I meleed. When I melee I hit everything with TH 8, and when I aeolian cleave I hit everything with Th 8. So apart from a few random TH 9 procs during melee there's no difference. I average 10-12 per run. My highest ever was 19, lowest 6. There's still going to be that variance, but a good run nets 14-15 stalwarts.

The thing about doing it this way however is that it's fun!!! Grinding out omen single pull-melee style gets mind numbingly boring after a while. When I built my Twashter to R 15 I did a lot of the farming myself, and there were periods where I just couldn't stomach the monotony and then I'd have to take a break for a while. It's not that I didn't enjoy it at all, just that it was too repetitive. The novelty of this is what gets me. There's challenge, there's risk, and potentially reward in the form of time saving. But it's something different, it's AoE cleaving on a job that usually just focuses on one mob at a time. It requires me to be attentive, and it's just freakin cool on wave two slaughtering the whole camp with perfect dodge. Sure blue mage can do that easy enough, but that's blue mage. Thief's strengths are its attack speed, crits, white damage, and weaponskill / skillchain spikes. Up until now evasion has been severely underutilized even though it's technically one of our strengths too. Getting to actually take advantage of that aspect of the job is something I haven't really done since the lvl 75 cap era, and I never realized just how much I missed it until I got back into it again. Evasion tanking lots of stuff was always a thrill, and this is just something that "feels" really good to do. And because the meta is what it is, evasion and aeolian edge are among the most underutilized aspects of our main kit so it's satisfying to get some practical use out them.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-12-02 11:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aside from the fun factor, I'm also curious to how fast you are full clearing this way.

I've only tried it on thief 5-7 times and did 90% melee with a handful of AE kills when I pulled trancended and buddies tag along (I hate having to change targets if my target mob dies before the others).

I think my last few runs ended with around 15 mins left on the timer. That's with me going full melee damage sets/daggers and subbing war and even using a tank trust. I rarely bothered even toggling hybrid sets. All that's to say is I feel like there is quite a bit of room to spare for me as I'm doing it really safely and dont even bother with Reraise because I'm not dieing. This is also hitting as many objectives as I can because I still need some cards on thf.

But... if you're finishing with 30mins to spare or something, taking some more risks may be worth it. I know if you bring a group and do it the aoe method it's SUPER fast as a geo with bubbles and a sch or whatever else you have with AOE spells can clear the first two floors in like sub 5 mins.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-02 11:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're doing this with a group and have geo support with a dedicated puller and whm healer or sleepers you can literally clear a floor in under a minute. But that isn't solo anymore and now you're looking at splitting the stalwarts. The point of soloing is to get all the crystals for your own use.

To put it in perspective, when I originally soloed with melee I'd usually end with around 5-8 minutes on the clock, depending on how attentive I was. When I started running tauret instead of twashter and just evisceration spamming everything I'd save an exra 4-5 minutes or so. I'm pretty sure this is roughly 5-10 minutes saved beyond that. There's variance with everything of course. But not major. Id consistently be able to melee the first floor down in around 7 minutes. With this I finish in around 5, so 2 minutes saved. The second floor would be another 7 minutes ish melee style, which now is just 2-3 with perfect dodge. So right there I'm saving around 6-7 minutes or so getting to floor 3. I hope that helps put it into perspective.
By SimonSes 2019-12-02 15:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
To put it in perspective, when I originally soloed with melee I'd usually end with around 5-8 minutes on the clock, depending on how attentive I was. When I started running tauret instead of twashter and just evisceration spamming everything I'd save an exra 4-5 minutes or so.

You was slow with your melee then. When I melee I usually ends up with 20 min remaining. My best time was around 23min remaining.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-02 15:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Healers and Dispellers.

Ajido, Yoran, Joachim, Koru, Qultada. I would probably send away Qultada after he gives you rolls, because he will be a mp sponge otherwise.
Tried it.
Kill took me a bit more than 8 min, but it was my first time, I sucked and my THF isn't exactely the best around (not job master either)

With this strat where you're not touching Lilith other than to apply TH8 at start, I feel like Ajido Marujido for Dispel is wasted. You don't really care for super speedy dispels anymore.

Then again I'm not sure what to put in his place. Maybe Ulmia? Joachim was giving me strange songs at times.
With 2x BRDs I would have more chances to always have at least 1 March up.
Or maybe a second whm for better Erases? /shrug

Really neat strat though, love it Simon, will take me a while to make it even more suited for myself, but it works!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-12-02 16:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My other attempt took lessthan 4 mins, I guess that's a big change lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-02 16:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You was slow with your melee then. When I melee I usually ends up with 20 min remaining. My best time was around 23min remaining.

Well yeah, when I first started doing this I had no idea what I was doing. Practice and rhythm improve run speed quite a bit. Nowadays when I go the melee rout I finish with 15-18 minutes to spare.

And I just got done with my nightly run just now. There was a mishap at the porxie camp where I ended up aggroing the entire camp unintentionally and ended up dying. My reraise aggroed a mob and that was that. But all in all I'm not terribly dissapointed with the run. The speed was more or less on par with what i'd expect, although I was a bit more cautious with a few of my pulls than I normally am so I think I may have added an extra minuet or so to the point I got up to, but nothing drastic.

----Notable takeaways from the run---
I actually think it may be better to just run the porxies down with Tauret. You'll see that my average aeolian edge damage at around 1K TP was close to 5-8k at other camps, but on the porxies it was only 2-3k. Thats a huge problem. The last few camps are just very magic defensive. So in the future I may try just Taureting them down.

One thing I noticed is the ladybug has an accuracy reducing ability just like the beetle has an evasion boosting one. I had forgotten about that. I whiffed the transcendent ladybug 8 or 9 times in a row after it used spiral spin. Next time I run that camp I'll remember to hit the sucker with feint before it gets a chance to screw with my hit rate like that.

I went thf/dragoon btw, because 7% weaponskill damage. I recorded it with Fraps and it's uploading to youtube right now. I'll post the link when it gets done. It's completely unedited so this is just raw footage. I had 30 minutes on the clock when I died though, so from the start up to the porxies took me only 20 minutes. I could probably have equipped tauret at the ladybug camp and finished the run with 25 minutes to spare. I'll try that next time and see how it goes. I'm still refining my technique, but it's getting more consistent as I do more runs this style.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-12-02 16:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I'd be really interested to see proper data of average crystals when going as THF vs another DD

Dont have data but i never got 21 in a run on mnk and I did a ton of runs this month...

Was avg of 8 to 12 with th4
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-12-02 17:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I'd be really interested to see proper data of average crystals when going as THF vs another DD

Dont have data but i never got 21 in a run on mnk and I did a ton of runs this month...

Was avg of 8 to 12 with th4

I’ve done quite a bit of crystal soloing on thf and other jobs. Thf my highest was 24 I think, average about 15. Other jobs (th4) I’ve done less but the average seems 8-9
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-02 17:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I often see 14-15 crystals, even upwards of 18-19. Its just the bad runs can screw you over. Sometime I only see 6-9. I've never actually kept track of drops though. I just tend to sell them when I get em nowadays and be happy with what I've got lol. I don't actually have anything left in the current meta I want to buy, so right now I just do farming stuff for the fun of it. I just enjoy playing thief in all its forms. Heh.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-02 17:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done a good number of solo omen card farming route on DRK (with TH4), and the range of crystals I've seen with full clears is 6-16. I've never seen close to 20, with an average somewhere about 10.

The runs are very fast, though (15-20 minutes in total).
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-02 19:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And here it is, a recording of my attempt to solo cleave the zone from earlier tonight. Fraps isn't the best video capture software so the quality is slightly less than stellar, but it's plenty good for demonstration of what I'm attempting to do.

There were a few hangups on the third floor with pulls and missing a few mobs in the cleaves here and there. The first two floors are actually easier to cleave because the zone radius is smaller. The distance your trusts keep from you is short. In comparison the third floor is wide open and with that the npcs like to stray, leading to running around more. It's not necessarily a problem, but it is another factor to manage.

I could have probably pulled more birds than I did, and probably a bigger rabbit camp pull too. As you can see in the lizard camp I literally pulled everything and although I took a hefty beating I took the whole camp down in two weaponskills. That was juggling about a dozen mobs to do that, so it's certainly possible, and it's also the ideal way to do this. I can see several things I could have done to improve efficiency tbh now that I have an actual video to review. But in 20 minutes I cleared all the way to the porxie camp, which is pretty solid. It does show the potential this method of clearing omen has. And that's all I'm trying to show here.

Note: video starts at 2 minutes 45 seconds in. The first few is just showing the gear for people to get a feel for the stats I'm working with and what their own comparable levels might do.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-12-02 20:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I average 10-12 per run. My highest ever was 19, lowest 6. There's still going to be that variance, but a good run nets 14-15 stalwarts.
Anecdotally, and admittedly from eyeballing and not recording, I am sure you generally get 10-12 on average on any job (no TH).

I'd be really interested to see proper data of average crystals when going as THF vs another DD.

Sometimes I hate TH.

I average ~11 with TH4 on RUN and BLU

My average on THF is literally ~6
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-02 20:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

And you don't even have a Gandring!
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-02 20:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, but I'm getting by with my dual Malevolence build just fine. The TP on evade would certainly help with this though. I'm pretty sure the evasion is just overkill at this point, but I had a TON of evasions so that'd be plenty of extra weaponskills. The issue I have is its a 150 million gil item. I'd be paying all that money just to farm a bit faster. It kinda defeats the purpose. I definately could have done a bit bigger pulls at the open though. I was playing conservative just to make sure I didn't screw up somehow early. Paranoia got to me a bit I think. But yeah, its a pretty solid routine once you get it down pat. And once you get rolling you can just tears through camps.

I'm definately gonna try just using tauret melee build from ladybugs onward. You can literally see how bad the damage drops off from the magic defense in the latter 4 camps. Probably best to just standard build the last couple camps.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-12-02 21:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I entirely agree that it's almost never worth paying big money for a farming tool. I don't know why other people buy it, I bought it before we knew "Mainhand only" was a thing, and decided to *** around with Path C than resell it for a gigantic loss.

If 1260~ is the proper amount needed for Omen trash, I can work with that and make a more ideal set sometime. But I also need to get Malignance hands so I can leave Raetic bangles at home, so bleh. I keep meaning to make tier'd evasion builds, but probably waiting on malignance hands (Turms feet vs Malignance feet isn't a big deal)
[+]
 Sylph.Theodren
Server: Sylph
user: theodren
By Sylph.Theodren 2019-12-02 22:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Since people are talking about data I'll go ahead and post this. I started keeping track of my omen farms a while back. Over the course of 80 omens my average is 13.1 detritus per run. My worst ever was 4 and my best was a shocking 26.

That is on THF, TP'ing in TH gear but not spending time trying to proc anything.
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 02:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure you generally get 10-12 on average on any job (no TH).

Yeah... no..

Start actually log your drops and after a month you will notice how wrong you are. People eyeball this too much and remember mainly good results. 10-12 can happen once in a while with no th, but on avg it wont be even close to that.

I seriously suck at being consistence with remembering to log my drops but here is some data with TH8+

2 <- yep thats not a mistake, that happened

AVG 12.25
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 02:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

How you can play such horrible zoomed in camera >.> When you was pulling 2nd floor and I couldn't see anything I was screaming inside "Zoom out this ***!!!!" XD

Try using WHM who stay in melee range. Apururu and Yoran sucks for this. They kite and split mobs too much. It was described very well by Afania in COR thread. Let me find it...

Ok it was in other thread actually.
You can check it here
Her trust selection is what makes this WAY better. 2x frontline WHM and ArkTT for sleepga. Oh and camera angles she used also makes this way better, both to make run easier and to let viewer know what's going on :D
By geigei 2019-12-03 03:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For an accurate avg number you need hundreds of runs, I had 23 dropped than the next day only 4.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-12-03 07:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I am sure you generally get 10-12 on average on any job (no TH).

Yeah... no..

Start actually log your drops and after a month you will notice how wrong you are. People eyeball this too much and remember mainly good results. 10-12 can happen once in a while with no th, but on avg it wont be even close to that.

I seriously suck at being consistence with remembering to log my drops but here is some data with TH8+
If you're going to call *** at least post some worthy sized data in response. You know better than this.

Oh sorry but I wont for this. I was using /thf for a long time on alt and I was logging results for a while but dont have that data anymore. It was only for personal use to check the difference between thf and /thf. The difference was big enough (avg with /thf was around 7-8 if I remember it right) to force me to make thf on that alt and I use THF since then. I wont gimp myself now to make 60 runs without TH to prove it, unless you want to sponsor me all Swarts I will lose in the process.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-12-03 08:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
How you can play such horrible zoomed in camera >.> When you was pulling 2nd floor and I couldn't see anything I was screaming inside "Zoom out this ***!!!!" XD

Try using WHM who stay in melee range. Apururu and Yoran sucks for this. They kite and split mobs too much. It was described very well by Afania in COR thread. Let me find it...

Ok it was in other thread actually.
You can check it here
Her trust selection is what makes this WAY better. 2x frontline WHM and ArkTT for sleepga. Oh and camera angles she used also makes this way better, both to make run easier and to let viewer know what's going on :D

The camera angle I use is just a personal habit and it's really hard to break. I know I zoom in and out frequently but it's something that I kind of just do it and don't even notice it. But the trust advice is really good. I don't actually know the perculiars of all the trusts and had to look up a couple of them. Ferrous Coffin, Mihili, King of Hearts, Joachim, and AA TT sounds like the best comination. They're all melee and the sleepga would be a welcome addition. I'll try it again with them and see how things go.

Edit: I actually think Kara-baruha could work in place of AA TT as well. I just reviewed sveeral trust pages and I think just going full melee healer + aeolian cleave would be plenty effecient. We'll see.
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 262 263 264