users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Torcleaver gear for pld DD fun
Torcleaver gear for pld DD fun
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2013-02-11 16:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
I play on Xbox, I played on pc for like 3 or 4 years and I hate it. It bothers my eyes and I hate the controls. And idc to make the macro sets my question is why is the Main armor not good and in need of swapping lol

Xbox controllers plug into your PC, and sit further away from the computer (or your monitor might need to be changed for any computer usage at all).
 Bismarck.Shyral
Server: Bismarck
user: shyral
By Bismarck.Shyral 2013-02-11 16:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would look at Josiah's sets that he posted for you. He is normally pretty spot on.

The reason that most people are reacting the way they are to this thread, is that you asked for opinions on a set that it seems that you have already made up your mind on. So, instead of opinions, you just wanted validation.

The fact that you ridicule anyone that takes this game seriously, and basically say they have no life doesn't help either.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-11 16:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

When i get home I'll throw up a couple half decent options with readily available gear if you want to just plunk around in Abby.
By Creecreelo 2013-02-11 16:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP, do you even have ANY of this gear...?

Second question, do you even have Pld at 99?

Why are you asking for advice (which has been given to you by now) if you aren't going to take it at all, and especially why ask for all of this advice on gear that you don't have for a job you don't have lvl'd up?
 Fenrir.Evildemon
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-02-11 16:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »

Why are you asking for advice (which has been given to you by now) if you aren't going to take it at all, and especially why ask for all of this advice on gear that you don't have for a job you don't have lvl'd up?

To be fair his paladin is 95 not that hard to 99. Secondly salvage +1 isn't hard either just time consuming
By Creecreelo 2013-02-11 17:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Evildemon said: »

To be fair his paladin is 95 not that hard to 99. Secondly salvage +1 isn't hard either just time consuming

Conveniently leaving out Phorcys gear, possible DRing, Portus Collar, etc, etc. lol

There's too much wrong with this thread, and I have better things to waste my time with.
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 17:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you... I don't understand why people are being condescending... My mind isn't made up I have LearnEd a lot from those that have bothered to explain themselves.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-11 17:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody said it was hard, but why put together a set with the goal of fulltiming it just to have some fun with a weapon you built for a different job, especially for content like abby. Putting things like ares's +1 in a set you fulltiming in Abby is going to inspire lots of rude comments.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 17:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I doubt these people have all this gear either lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-11 17:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I doubt these people have all this gear either lol

Doubt all you want, there are people with several 99 Empyrean's and relics, full salvage 2 sets, and 10 mules with just about every piece of gear in the game.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-02-11 17:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Really only matters if you have this gear, no one else is trying to make this set work. They don't need the gear to know it isn't going to work out well.

Honestly, ignore all of this, do your own thing with whatever you do actually have. Their opinions and suggestions aren't really reaching you, and you seem to think you're being constantly attacked.

Even if you do make whichever set, you will be solo or lowman with friends(?) because no one is going to use a Pld with a Caladabolg for anything. Maybe just give up on this thread.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 17:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, but read through the thread I said a long time ago I probally never do it because it obviously will just (as you said) get me nothing out of it...
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 17:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm clearly being attacked btw, the like 3rd reply was idk what the *** your talking about, the next was im confused and so on...
 Phoenix.Jurges
Server: Phoenix
user: Jurges
By Phoenix.Jurges 2013-02-11 17:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

This has to be one of the most successful trolls. I fell for it too. Everyone relax.

There's is no way someone that owns a Duplus and farms Neo-salvage after playing for 3-4 years on a PC prior to switching to Xbox, is this ignorant on basic game mechanics and gear swaps.

To the OP... I salute you

EDIT: I'd like to contribute. ONLY use "steak-based" food for Torcleaver. You get hidden bonuses for using a food that you can "cleave" into pieces. True story
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-11 17:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jurges said: »
This has to be one of the most successful trolls. I fell for it too. Everyone relax.

There's is no way someone that owns a Duplus and farms Neo-salvage after playing for 3-4 years on a PC prior to switching to Xbox, is this ignorant on basic game mechanics and gear swaps.

Did you look at his page or read half the thread? He never said he had any of that stuff
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 20:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Did you look at his page or read half the thread? He never said he had any of that stuff
i know right? lol
 Fenrir.Evildemon
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-02-11 20:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i know right? lol

I think it was more of you trying to get a feel for what you could do to have fun with a weird set-up if you did the work towards it.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-11 20:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This has to be one of the most successful trolls. I fell for it too. Everyone relax. There's is no way someone that owns a Duplus and farms Neo-salvage after playing for 3-4 years on a PC prior to switching to Xbox, is this ignorant on basic game mechanics and gear swaps. To the OP... I salute you
i know right? lol
I think it was more of you trying to get a feel for what you could do to have fun with a weird set-up if you did the work towards it.

teach a man to fish...
 Phoenix.Jurges
Server: Phoenix
user: Jurges
By Phoenix.Jurges 2013-02-11 20:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously.. that's what you got out of that lol.
How can I can I think this was his real/main account. He's asking gear questions about jobs he doesn't even have leveled yet. Of course I wasn't taking this seriously. And stating hes played for 4+ years and not recognizing issue with not gear swapping. My bad, how could I think someone would be joking...

If OP is serious, I'd recommend refocusing your efforts to more tangible goals for the near future. Good luck man
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [536 days between previous and next post]
By Voren 2014-08-02 00:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing a necro bump on this because I didn't want to start a new thread.

I've pretty much decided to focus my attention on PLD because, well, PLD is sexy, fun, and I like it more than any other job.

With that said, I've been playing with the idea of doing a great sword build for DPSing on lower content stuff and anything where being an ubber DD isn't necessary.

This is what I've been considering working on.
ItemSet 326748

I'm curious as to if the crobaci +2 would be any better than Caladbolg99 if I can get the DMG+25 aug.

Also, would Torcleaver be any easier to gear for than Resolution considering the sheer amount of VIT gear PLD can get that also has STR and ATK on it. Would the AM on cala make up for a lack of base dmg over that of crobaci?
 Odin.Brocovich
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2014-08-02 02:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you are going to use your GS build only for lower content the WKR 115 GS with OAT and attack augments should be the best option. You should be able to get a 5-hit setup with /SAM...
By Voren 2014-08-02 02:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah cool, appreciate it, keep forgetting about WKR drops as well. There's some decent ones, but crobaci is an easy 5-hit with /sam on the gear I listed, and of course there's WS gear for reso, haven't done one for torc.

I was seriously considering cala because, well, giant fan blade of doom, but it's also 3am and I forget how expensive 119ing a empy is.
 Odin.Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2014-08-02 03:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you already have Calad99 you could give it a try. 99 -> isn't expensive but i wouldn't spent 1500 HMP and 60 Riftdross on a "Fun" weapon.
And since you already mentioned it is for fun, I think hitting with 40% OAT is much more fun than 30% ODD.
And even then i would rather go /NIN and DW a high DMG sword + OAT WKR sword.
By Voren 2014-08-02 03:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have yet, but wouldn't be hard to get considering the aby NMs are jokes now.

Speaking of OAT, I'm guessing SE isn't going to ilvl magian weapons?
By oldman 2014-08-02 04:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual Wielding a WKR OAT augmented Dagger and Sword could be a very fun combination. I know on Ninja the Katana and Dagger with OAT and Crit hit rate augments are loads of fun to play with.

For WKR and Rieves pairing a Homestead Sword and a OAT augmented Sword is a lot of fun. On BLU between the save TP 400, OAT on both weapons, marches from my trusts and Haste 2 I can consistently self skill chain light (CDC > CDC) every few seconds.
By Voren 2014-08-02 05:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the name of the OAT sword? That might make me change from GS to DW. PLD/NIN or /DNC is a lot of fun.

Edit: never mind, found it.
 Odin.Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2014-08-02 05:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

xiutleato
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.