Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Torcleaver gear for pld DD fun
Torcleaver gear for pld DD fun
 Shiva.Tedril
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 14:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

But seriously I'm not gonna bother, like you guys have said its not the best so why bother... But thanks for saying my idea was "lulz" and such. You guys just weren't taking me seriously and or the ones that did I thanked but for the ones that didn't why should I care...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-11 14:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm done giving help after reading this guy's last responses. A noob I can help, a *** no.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
Server: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-02-11 14:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

But its invalid, as they're lazy *** poor options. And Xbox macro *** isn't a good excuse either, I use to play on it, and I'd use multiple lines of macros.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
Server: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-02-11 14:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'm done giving help after reading this guy's last responses. A noob I can help, a *** no.

Q4E
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 14:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry if you think I'm a *** but I come on here asking for help and everybody is like omg a noob lets point and laugh... So w/e thanks to those who helped.
 Shiva.Damonz
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-11 14:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tedril said: »
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
True you never have to make gearsets yeah.
But if you want to solo and/or defeat hard monsters then you'll need to become better or they will just kill you. That's what we're going at.

Right but if I just macro a few things like I was saying the rings and neck and such the body has 17 vit head 40 att and so forth, that was my point.

Is there a reason why you don't want to macro more than just a "few things"? I don't know if you're on PC or not or if you use spellcast, but most of the people posting here I assume use spellcast, and if you do there's really no reason to not optimize both TP and WS sets. Now if you don't and you're limited to 6 lines per macro, I think most people will concede to using hybrid sets while using a weapon just for lulz, just to optimize macro space.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-11 14:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry if you think I'm a *** but I come on here asking for help and everybody is like omg a noob lets point and laugh... So w/e thanks to those who helped.

I read the first page 3 times and nobody was pointing or laughing. They asked relevant questions and gave solid answers. they didn't even laugh when you had Ares's +1 in the same gearset as a hoard ring...
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 14:15:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on Xbox, I played on pc for like 3 or 4 years and I hate it. It bothers my eyes and I hate the controls. And idc to make the macro sets my question is why is the Main armor not good and in need of swapping lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-11 14:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I play on Xbox, I played on pc for like 3 or 4 years and I hate it. It bothers my eyes and I hate the controls. And idc to make the macro sets my question is why is the Main armor not good and in need of swapping lol

Who is building you an emp? The goal of tp phase is to get to 100 tp, there are almost no pieces of gear that can be suited for tp and ws. I don't get why they is so hard to see.
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-11 14:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough, I'll concede that we've only got 6 macro lines to work with. and Phorcy body is better because Torc gains more from the STR att+5% and WSD than it will from the +17 VIT
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 14:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I am. Okay I get that, I concede I'm either going to have both or not bother though you all told me it sucks either way so I probably just won't bother... But explain to me why thy are bad for Wsing?
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 14:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I can see the better in the phor now I will probably still go ahead and use he Mekira for while since i want it anyway... What about the rest?
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-11 14:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

now I'm not trying to promote the use of hybrid sets (except for certain situations) OP did say they have drk, so I'm just going to assume if they were going to use Cala for any srsbsns they wouldn't be on PLD in the first palce. With that assumption I'm thinking pld and cala is just for things that aren't so important and mainly just for fun. So sure use hybrid sets so you only have to hit 1-2 macros to WS and go back to TP gear. Now the challenge for everyone is to find the best hybrid sets.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-11 14:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So..a hybrid tp/ws/dt- set..?
By volkom 2013-02-11 14:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ares's cuirass +1 !!
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-11 14:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
So..a hybrid tp/ws/dt- set..?
I assume from the set the OP posted that's what they are trying to accomplish, within 6 macro lines.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 14:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You do understand that Mekira has 17 vit which if the mod for torcleaver right? Which is why it was there. Also thanks Damonz for being serious.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 14:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the ares good? And what for?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-02-11 14:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You do understand that Mekira has 17 vit which if the mod for torcleaver right? Which is why it was there. Also thanks Damonz for being serious.
yes but there are better options for body for Torc, that being said, if you're trying to prioritize gear from TP phase into WS, Mekira might be one piece that you can use for both.
By volkom 2013-02-11 14:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the ares good? And what for?

for torcleaver
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-02-11 14:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You do understand that Mekira has 17 vit which if the mod for torcleaver right? Which is why it was there.

I was actually half serious at this point, but I see where you want me to take this if you'd prefer another 2 pages of bickering?
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 14:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
You do understand that Mekira has 17 vit which if the mod for torcleaver right? Which is why it was there.

I was actually half serious at this point, but I see where you want me to take this if you'd prefer another 2 pages of bickering?
Sorry I thought you were still mocking me... And not really a -dt I just thought it was good but I see how phorcys could be better.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 14:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So if ares' cuirass +1 gives such a good attack bonus and also give other good tping bonuses I guess for a somewhat hybrid it would be best? And would phorcys win too though I suppose?
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-02-11 15:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

No.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 15:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked an or question can you specify what your no is for?
 Leviathan.Matteh
Server: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2013-02-11 15:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can plug in any controller on pc w/e one you feel comfortable with (n64,ps3,xbox,SNES,NES or in case you wanna use a gamecube controller you will need this.) with a usb end in to the pc and if ur pc has HDMI, you can hook it in to the TV. O.o wireless kb and mouse and you're done. Just saying of course.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 15:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true I could, and maybe I will one day lol
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-11 16:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked an or question can you specify what your no is for?

It is possible that no was directed at both options. Because they are both wrong.
 Shiva.Tedril
By Shiva.Tedril 2013-02-11 16:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol okay