Link | Quote | Reply

Gears are generally light based so even with a good set you might have problems
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2022-03-03 18:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have R15 carn and a pretty top tier lullaby set and they are HARD to sleep. With light threnody up, it takes a lot of casts to get it to land so good luck. I rounded up 10 gears and lullaby'ed them and it landed on one and even that was for a resisted duration. I'll calculate my rate in a bit if I have time. Try a dark-based sleep.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2022-03-03 21:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are the test results.
My set: Horde's use Duardabla in high macc set.
ItemSet 383911

Data: Most of these were cast with Light Threnody II up but not every single one.
Horde II: 1/21
Horde I : 2/8
Foe II : 2/15
Foe I : 0/10
All : 5/54 9.26% overall land rate.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-03-04 01:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you! Now I know not to bother with sleep on them.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-03-04 10:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Thank you! Now I know not to bother with sleep on them.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. If you have nitro up, and your have 5/5 troubadour, it is worth pulling a few because you will have guaranteed (and long) sleeps.
By Lederic 2022-03-08 23:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How does one replace 2x min with 2x ballad for mages? For example after buffing the group I want to song the mages with ballad but it will only overwrite the shortest song which will be Ballard, so can have 2x ballad. Any tips here?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2022-03-09 00:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Either split the mage away after dummies, or you need to downgrade the remaining Minuet in duration. Another way is to sing your songs so they have the same duration, by using different versions of af feet/inyanga legs NQ/+1/2/3.
[+]
 Asura.Jokes
user: JLB1
By Asura.Jokes 2022-03-09 00:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lederic said: »
How does one replace 2x min with 2x ballad for mages? For example after buffing the group I want to song the mages with ballad but it will only overwrite the shortest song which will be Ballard, so can have 2x ballad. Any tips here?

If you would prefer the mages not to run out of range - do your 4/5 songs then let the minuets tick down to 10 minutes. Then with Nitro still up the 2 ballads will overwrite the minuets.
[+]
 Bahamut.Butmunch
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-03-09 02:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

sings your min first you dont even need to cut your dur gear
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-03-09 04:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Butmunch said: »

Minuet has 20 sec longer duration than Ballads. Even if you sing Minuets first, you need to wait that long to overwrite them (remember its time between casting LAST minuet and FIRST Ballad).
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2022-03-09 07:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sing your x2 min then x2 other songs. Pianissimo your first ballad. When you go to replace the 2nd minuet for your mage use a dummy set and pianissimo on the same minuet you are trying to replace. That will allow you to overwrite it with another ballad because it will now be the lowest duration song out of your 4 songs.

Minuet 5 → Minuet 4 → March → March
Pianissimo Mage's Ballad 3 → Pianissimo weak Minuet 4 (reduce timer) → Pianissimo Mage's Ballad 2 (overwrite weak min 4)
[+]
By Lederic 2022-03-09 08:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all!
By Lederic 2022-03-09 08:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Further question on BRD. In Sheol C segment farm, should i be sleeping each pull?
 Asura.Setho
user: Setho
By Asura.Setho 2022-03-09 09:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on mobs, not all sleep, like qutrubs and rams. If tank pulling Agon camp, be sure he does ability first, then you sleep, or you are one dead brd :)
Otherwise, yes sleep all the time.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-09 10:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Brixy said: »
Sing your x2 min then x2 other songs. Pianissimo your first ballad. When you go to replace the 2nd minuet for your mage use a dummy set and pianissimo on the same minuet you are trying to replace. That will allow you to overwrite it with another ballad because it will now be the lowest duration song out of your 4 songs.

Minuet 5 → Minuet 4 → March → March
Pianissimo Mage's Ballad 3 → Pianissimo weak Minuet 4 (reduce timer) → Pianissimo Mage's Ballad 2 (overwrite weak min 4)

I had no idea this is how it was done. So I have to make an extra dummy Minuet song macro, overwrite the WHMs NiTro Minuet with lesser potency (like just FC gear will work?), and then overwrite that one with full potency Ballad? Is that the gist of it?
 Bahamut.Butmunch
By Bahamut.Butmunch 2022-03-09 14:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Butmunch said: »

Minuet has 20 sec longer duration than Ballads. Even if you sing Minuets first, you need to wait that long to overwrite them (remember its time between casting LAST minuet and FIRST Ballad).
thats just how i do it there is many ways to do it i just dont like cuting my gear when you dont need to - the emp legs i do cut them so its only 13s for me
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-03-26 23:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Is lullaby aoe radius based on the mob you casted on or you? I've had a couple of albumens where I would only catch 2 of the adds and 2 would get missed even after waiting 2-3secs before cast.

Also is the 648 String Skill still unobtainable even with ML for the extra yalm radius?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-03-27 04:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afaik the radius is centered on the target you cast.
Keep in mind, but you probably already know, that you get the enhanced range only if you cast Horde Lullaby II with a String Instrument, if you use a Wind one the range will be fixed.

Also I see you mention this already but yeah, there's a sweet window that's hard to find. If you cast too early some adds won't be hit by Horde Lullaby even if they're in range.
If you go too late, of course, it's gonna be a wipe because they will mijin.
I also suggest you pick one of the adds and not Albumen himself to cast Lullaby.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-09 17:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I have zero experience with BRD eva build mass pulling in Odyssey Sheol C so I'm looking for more input.

I'm using a build that's pretty close to BiS, capped DT, as much hp/defensive stats as possible and with food and the following songs (HM, VM, Minu5, Mambo1, Mambo2) I was a bit shy of 1500 evasion (no Soul Voice, of course).
My master level was 19, capped skills.

Pulling groups on floor 1 of Sheol C was good, not perfect but good, after all you can't evade more tan 80% of hits.
Then I tried pulling a group of Vultures and an entire Agon Halo (Mamool Ja) and I got slaughtered pretty fast.

Yet I keep hearing of BRDs pulling Agon+1group no problem even on higher floors so I wonder what am I doing wrong?
I was /NIN, offhanding Ternion+1 R15 and not bothering with Utsusemi.
I guess I could go /RDM for Phalanx and Stoneskin prepull but I don't see that making a huge difference.
What other important aspect am I missing here?
It was literally my first attempt at evapulling on BRD so clearly there must be something that I missed.
By Ranoutofspace 2022-05-09 18:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

All the JP groups that I have joined using an evasion BRD is going /PLD and single pulling halo mobs when possible, then using Sentinel for rounding up the rest.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-09 19:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm using a build that's pretty close to BiS
Would post what you are using.

As Ranout said normally have brd/pld for eva tanking.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-05-09 20:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranoutofspace said: »
All the JP groups that I have joined using an evasion BRD is going /PLD and single pulling halo mobs when possible, then using Sentinel for rounding up the rest.
This, jps use the oshit sentinel button on halos with /pld
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-10 01:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

/PLD for Sentinel?
That's cool but it's "just" 6 uses per run, one every five minutes. Excluding Random deal or Wild Card but then again we're talking about around ~6 uses per run.
Is it really that big of a difference in performance if I have to single target pull until it's ready again?
Hmmmm...

Bippin I'm not sure exactly why does it matter, not like you have 20000 options.
I don't have access to my lua from here but my set was probably something like

Nyame x5
Bathy Choker+1 R15
Eabani Earring
Infused Earring
Amar Cluster
Ternion+1 R15 (OH)
Moonlight Ring
Defending Ring
JSE cape (AGI+20, Eva+45?)
Sveltesse Gouriz +1

When not dualwielding OH is Genmei Shield and Ring2 becomes Vengeful, if I remember correctly.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-10 14:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

That's cool but it's "just" 6 uses per run,
Only need it for halo pulls

Bippin I'm not sure exactly why does it matter, not like you have 20000 options.
Well for one I have no idea what you using just from saying BiS.

Nibiru Knife for one but you didn't say main hand.

Our brd also like flee socks to help getting to next camp faster after sleep.

Edit:Hippomenes Socks +1 to be clear

Then I tried pulling a group of Vultures and an entire Agon Halo (Mamool Ja) and I got slaughtered pretty fast.
Going back to this at what point did you get killed? Are you swapping into a midcast without any DT/Eva?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-05-10 14:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

No I wasn't casting, I was circling around grouping them and bringing them to a fixed spot but I died during that.
All the birds were on me, all mamools too but a couple weren't meleeing, they decided to cast firaga3s on me.

I didn't receive heals either, WHM had a brain fart and stopped did nothing for a few seconds lol
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-05-11 09:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No I wasn't casting, I was circling around grouping them and bringing them to a fixed spot but I died during that.
All the birds were on me, all mamools too but a couple weren't meleeing, they decided to cast firaga3s on me.

I didn't receive heals either, WHM had a brain fart and stopped did nothing for a few seconds lol
Nibiru knife A
Linos AGI/Evasion
bathy choker +1
nyame head/body/legs/feet
raetic+1
svel g +1
shnedrick ring
dring
eabani
infused

2x march 2x evasion song
is what he uses to pull
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-05-11 10:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Genbu shield is good too when sub pld.

Genmei doesnt have evasion
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-05-11 10:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Salt Ramen too for food, don't think that was mention yet.
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-05-11 11:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

And you dont need defending ring.

Nyame and shield cap ypur dt assuming shell5

Edit: if using raetic bracers then you can cap with moonlight or gelatinous ring. Assuming 4 PDT on linos.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-05-16 06:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Random question! I've recently been taking up BRD, and noticed something odd yesterday. Just finished my Carn and been enjoying being able to ride NiTro fulltime, when I found that Ballads with Blurred Harp +1 weren't nearly equivalent in duration to Ballads with Gjallarhorn (the latter could comfortably ride NiTro, while the former very much couldn't even with Inyanga Shalwar).

So, is Blurred Harp +1's 'All Songs +2' & 'Ballad +2' not equivalent to Ballad +4 (or Lullaby +4, for that matter)? I had just kind of assumed it would be, by the wording.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63