How Do You Rate Your TH Level? By Base Or Proc?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » How do you rate your TH level? By Base or Proc?
How do you rate your TH level? By Base or Proc?
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-01-21 12:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Onllwyn said: »
yea i would say i have 8 because gear gives you 7 like purpleeyes said and more than likely it will proc at least once

'more then likly' doesnt mean you have it. th7=th7
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-21 12:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

From my perspective, humility on my part earlier, would only have conveyed that my point was wrong. It wasn't. Only my wording, based on the target audience.
If you desire someone to display humility, it would make sense to display that quality yourself. If you misunderstand someone, you can say "ok, I understand now" when they better explain themselves instead of "goddamn internet people and their goddamn pride." The latter only shows the ranting of a hypocrite.
Also, I don't recall ever "raging" about anything.
 Asura.Silverware
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silverware 2013-01-21 13:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So, related to the topic, is Dread atma not a fixed TH+1 as if it were a trait or gear?

I have always said and seen other people refer to their TH level by base TH. So outside of abyssea it's TH7. Inside abyssea it can be TH8 if you use Dread atma. I've seen people request a TH8 thf for something in abyssea and this is alway how I assumed it worked.

Edit: Seems pretty straight forward to me but it seemed like there were people earlier in the thread who thought this was weird or never seen it before.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-21 13:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dread is just TH+1, there's nothing unusual about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-01-21 15:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

why the hell would you rate it on proc? youre going to confuse people like the op because he doesnt understand that some idiots like to sound impressive when theyre actually just like everybody else. proc is probability,no matter how high, what you do is this magical absolute thing called math and add up ones and twos
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
By Darkvlade 2013-03-13 12:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you guys ever had the 1st hit on a mob be TH9, had this happen to me last night while I was sa/taing the mobs, I noticed these happened a lot more while I was wearing Lokis, not even TH8 while wearing raider vest +1, could critical hit increase from Lokis be a factor for TH to proc more, I had a friend thief come over to try since he has same TH gear as I do (assassins hands+2, thief knife and raider boots+2) he wears tocis by the way and he wasn't getting it like I did, it was very strange at least for me, maybe a glitch
and this was not in abyssea it was at the tree.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-03-13 12:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Treasure Hound
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-03-13 12:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvlade said: »
Have you guys ever had the 1st hit on a mob be TH9, had this happen to me last night while I was sa/taing the mobs, I noticed these happened a lot more while I was wearing Lokis, not even TH8 while wearing raider vest +1, could critical hit increase from Lokis be a factor for TH to proc more, I had a friend thief come over to try since he has same TH gear as I do (assassins hands+2, thief knife and raider boots+2) he wears tocis by the way and he wasn't getting it like I did, it was very strange at least for me, maybe a glitch
and this was not in abyssea it was at the tree.
Mog tablet TH bonus? Gear other than TH+ shouldn't be doing anything to the upgrade rate. Without thousands of trials we can just assume this is a case of confirmation bias.
By Darkvlade 2013-03-13 13:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks gonna check if that treasure hound bonus was in effect when I was on last night
By Twiglet 2013-03-13 13:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Treasure hunter prowess?
By Darkvlade 2013-03-14 10:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to confirm that indeed the area I was had the mog tablet TH bonus in effect, thanks again.