The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 198 199 200 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2021-06-28 15:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to know, I was thinking about the Feet/Legs for TP set but the difference seems pretty minor between them and even unaugmented Sakpata so maybe I'll skip them for now to keep the Meva. Body seems to be the big one although not sure how it stacks up to Sakpata for Upheaval.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-06-28 15:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It depends on what you have. The legs and feet are really good, but 70 cards can be a lot for a newer warrior. Sakpata legs and feet fill multiple roles, and if yours is augmented, you won't even miss the AF. The body is still useful for berserk duration, and a couple sets. Personally, I would use omen cards here before the legs/feet but that's me. I didn't upgrade my mask beyond +2 and I never carry it, and the hands are practically worthless. The only piece I still take out of porter is the body, and it's mainly for berserk (Nyame or Sakpata is just fine for most sets, has a ton of defensive stuff I prefer over straight damage).

Depending on your options, you might just skip artifact upgrades altogether. But I still think the body is the most useful piece at this point

@Failaras
I strongly disagree with this.
The mask is the highest priority for War, not carrying it seems like a joke. On Asura, high end groups won't even take you on War, if you don't have full duration Warcry. For the lvl15 Ody NM's full Warcry uptime is what many of the strategies seem to be based on. Your mileage may vary though.
Warcry > Random Deal > Warcry > Wild Card > Warcry. Bumba dies in less than 4 min.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-06-28 15:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »

@Failaras
I strongly disagree with this.
The mask is the highest priority for War, not carrying it seems like a joke. On Asura, high end groups won't even take you on War, if you don't have full duration Warcry. For the lvl15 Ody NM's full Warcry uptime is what many of the strategies seem to be based on. Your mileage may vary though.
Warcry > Random Deal > Warcry > Wild Card > Warcry. Bumba dies in less than 4 min.

He isn't talking about the relic head
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-06-28 16:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »

He isn't talking about the relic head

Bleh, I'm an idiot. That's what I get for looking at the itemset of the post above and assuming they were part of the same convo.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-06-28 21:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How does Nyame legs WSD compare to Sakpata / Odyssean for Upheaval?
 Asura.Xippy
user: Xippy
By Asura.Xippy 2021-07-01 17:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone ELI5 wth WARs are supposed to be prioritizing as we gear up? For TP, Are we shooting for 5 hits with as much double attack as we can get? Are we shooting for as much double attack as we can get, even if it's 6+ hit? Are Hybrids a certain % DT, then back to prioritizing double attk and Stp or does it matter?

I get to make sure gear haste is maxed. I get to make sure you have the ACC for the content you're doing. I get DT sets need to hit cap on that. However, TP sets, I don't get. What exactly are we trying to do with a Warrior when TPing. If you can hit a 5 hit with 40% DA in gear or a 6 hit with 60% in gear, what principles does WAR go by to know how to prioritize?

This job is wayyyy more complex than the stereotypes. This isn't even getting into Fencer and Dual wield builds.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-01 17:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The long and short is whatever the spreadsheet tells you to do, is what you do.

Highest number > wear that. No brainwork involved. Nothing complex about it. Put it on, and hit stuff. No nuance to it, it's just what does best, is best.

Why X and not Y? It does more damage.
What about Z? If it does more damage.
Well what if ____? Onry damnadge!
 Asura.Xippy
By Asura.Xippy 2021-07-01 17:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of us that haven't stayed up to date, where do you find these spreadsheets? The pinned Spreadsheet on the WAR forums seems to be out of date, as I cant find Sakpatas on any of the gear.

Google is just giving me old stuff as well.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-07-01 17:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xippy said: »
Can someone ELI5 wth WARs are supposed to be prioritizing as we gear up? For TP, Are we shooting for 5 hits with as much double attack as we can get? Are we shooting for as much double attack as we can get, even if it's 6+ hit? Are Hybrids a certain % DT, then back to prioritizing double attk and Stp or does it matter?

I get to make sure gear haste is maxed. I get to make sure you have the ACC for the content you're doing. I get DT sets need to hit cap on that. However, TP sets, I don't get. What exactly are we trying to do with a Warrior when TPing. If you can hit a 5 hit with 40% DA in gear or a 6 hit with 60% in gear, what principles does WAR go by to know how to prioritize?

This job is wayyyy more complex than the stereotypes. This isn't even getting into Fencer and Dual wield builds.

There's kinda 2 schools of thought when it comes to gearing WAR; going capped DA route, or as much Store TP/Triple attack as you can get. The latter tends to assume you always have Fighter's Roll on when you're playing WAR (which honestly never happens to me, it's always Chaos/SAM).

You can achieve a 5hit 100% DA build pretty easy with all the gear that's out there today. You can even achieve a 5hit, 100% DA, 50% DT Hybrid set as well.

ex: This is my general TP set, which honestly never gets used since Sakpata came out. It's 5hit, capped DA.
Code
     sets.engaged = {
	ammo="Aurgelmir Orb +1",
    head="Hjarrandi Helm",
    body={ name="Agoge Lorica +3", augments={'Enhances "Aggressive Aim" effect',}},
    hands={ name="Tatena. Gote +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    legs="Pumm. Cuisses +3",
    feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
    neck={ name="War. Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Ioskeha Belt +1",
    left_ear="Cessance Earring",
    right_ear="Brutal Earring",
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
    back={ name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

Then my hybrid set just throws this over it, maintains a 5hit 100% DA and capped DT:
Code
	head="Sakpata's Helm",
    body="Sakpata's Plate",
    hands="Sakpata's Gauntlets",
    legs="Sakpata's Cuisses",
    feet="Pumm. Calligae +3",
	left_ear="Telos Earring",
    left_ring="Moonlight Ring",

It's probably not the best Excel spreadsheet super ultra best case scenario DPS, but I don't give a ***. Works for me.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-01 17:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For those of us that haven't stayed up to date, where do you find these spreadsheets? The pinned Spreadsheet on the WAR forums seems to be out of date, as I cant find Sakpatas on any of the gear.

Not entirely sure who has the current one or where to find it, easier to just read and put on the gear that other people already ran.

Someone else already did all the leg work, you get to just slap it on.
 Asura.Xippy
By Asura.Xippy 2021-07-01 17:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with that is that it changes based on my weapons (Chango has Stp and TP bonus, Bravura changes hybrid/dt sets, etc), or buffs, or content, etc... Since there's not really just a highest ilevel set that's just objectively better, it's hard to set up your gearsets if you don't know the fundamentals of what you're trying to do.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-07-01 17:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

3 Pages back.

SimonSes said: »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18Igroub9bytSSOQv5tOoCyu18IW_PK1I/view?usp=sharing
Just keep in mind this is my private copy, so name of some items might not be user friendly and there might be some half manual, half automated mechanics, that I dont remember now. I wanted to clean it for public, but Im way too busy in RL.

I've made a handful of adjustments to his adjustments for my own purpose, but basically that's why they always get outdated.
People make a copy, and then just update their own copy with what's relevant to them, and eventually there are just constant variations floating around, especially with augmented gear.

I added full Nyame, some DT gear, Grape Diefuckyou, but I also deleted 50% of the existing gear in the list, because it doesn't seem to have a purpose. Half the gear still there doesn't serve a purpose, but I leave it in case people ask questions.
Hopefully this works?
I usually fail at sharing docs, but I believe it will allow you to make a copy, and then you can do whatever you want.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A3wD39X6KXYVS2Ypc5SEm6hpKWK2pwh6MTH79uBh-8A/edit?usp=sharing

ELI5 version... FFXI simply has too many variables, constantly changing, to give anyone a black and white answer anymore. We've been min/maxing for decades, and it's only gotten more complex. Geos, Cors, Brds, does the cor have +5? +7? Does the Brd have 5 songs? 4? Does Geo have Idris? Which rolls do you have up? What did the Cor roll, is that job in the party? Haste Samba? Dance Main or Sub? Trusts? is Dia 3 on? Are you attack capped? Are you wearing DT? Are you fighting Sheaol C mobs or Dynamis Mobs...

It literally never stops. I think this is why most wars just toss on full Sakpata and call it a day. It's the largest blanket we have right now, that covers the most amount of scenarios, without sacrificing survivability, or respectable DPS, even if it might not be the most optimal in EVERY scenario, it's rarely ever SUB optimal. Well, I guess by definition it is, but you know what I mean. You're never going to be the reason your group loses an event, just because you wore full Sakpata.
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-07-01 17:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a set for chango and not brauvura and don't use bravura. Problem solved!

Personally I use 5/5 sakpata and call it a day. I don't know if there are going to be differences between optimal pieces that will cause you to win or lose a fight or even win a fight by more than a few seconds difference. I have another glass cannon set I use which uses mostly tatenashi pieces but I'm almost never in that set. Pretty much everything Watusa said I agree with.
 Asura.Xippy
By Asura.Xippy 2021-07-01 17:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you all, I do have a set of Sakpatas so I may just slap it on, adjust some accessories and call it a day. Thanks a ton Cambion for the spreadsheet and I agree, from a practical standpoint, there are too many variables to account for everything and I doubt there's a huge loss in DPS anyway. I may have been complicating this more than it needed to be.
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-07-01 19:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

AFAIK it adds that modifier for both hits of the double attack. So if you hit for 150 and have 10% double attack damage and double attack procs both of those hits should do 165. Not sure if this is what you were asking, question was kind of vague.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-07-01 20:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saviorself said: »
Is there any data for "Double Attack" damage? (Sakpata Helm/Agoge Cuisses +3)

Any attack that procs a double attack gets +X% damage along with the DA proced.
By Aricomfy 2021-07-01 23:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually pretty interested in seeing an R15 Bravura in action these days. Anyone here ever bother R15'ing theirs? I wasn't too disappointed by the damage of MT honestly. It's not going to beat Chango, I know, and they both do light skillchains, but I just never see Bravura get any love, even if it is ***. Kind of like how Excalibur never gets any love either even though it's a pretty competent weapon at R15.
By SimonSes 2021-07-02 01:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saviorself said: »

The sheet that I think I posted here some time ago (I posted a sheet right? Sorry I just woke up) has DA damage, tho its hard coded in calculation in DATA, instead of added to gear.

That being said idk if Chango is actually a weapon that would benefit from white damage swaps that much.

I posted this set for Ukon/Farsha several months ago tho. I used it a lot with Ukon in last few months and I really like it. 13-14k crits and often 20k+ damage rounds with massive survivability on top of that is awesome.
ItemSet 378034
By SimonSes 2021-07-02 03:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw its for both swings but it's not exactly 11% (if you mean legs) because of diminishing returns.

If you have back and helm already for example, then adding 11% will result in 8.5% increase.

Also at attack cap you would need to consider that sakpata legs are around +5.8% white damage in your setup and adds 9% DT and 50 meva. It also let you use sailfi and keep 100% da (assuming you leave Coiste on) if I'm not mistaken.
By eeternal 2021-07-02 08:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to ask about this Fencer hybrid tp set, appreciate any inputs

ItemSet 380552
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2021-07-02 08:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

BIS Decimation Set Anyone??
By Taint 2021-07-02 09:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Neb said: »
BIS Decimation Set Anyone??

This is my current set:

ItemSet 380555
By SimonSes 2021-07-02 09:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
Wanted to ask about this Fencer hybrid tp set, appreciate any inputs

ItemSet 380552

This set has 24% haste.

I would switch feet to AF+3, Telos to brutal, Coiste to Aurgelmir Orb +1. You have 26%haste, better meva and 100%DA then. Another variant of this would be also switch helm to Hjarrandi, belt to Sailfi R15, ring to Niqmaddu and ammo to R15 Seething Bomblet. It will reduce TA to 2%, but keep 100%DA, add 3%QA and increase PDT to 50%.

You can also just switch ammo to augmented Seething Bomblet and Telos to Brutal.

EDIT: That being said all that is 2% more dps than 5/5 Sakpata R20 with sailfi, Niqmaddu, Petrov and A. orb +1 and 5/5 Sakpata R20 actually have superior MEVA on top of DT.
[+]
 Bahamut.Leonof
Server: Bahamut
user: DethCody
By Bahamut.Leonof 2021-07-02 09:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Before ppl start taking it as gospel, you shouldn't use that spreadsheet. It has some errors that are skewing results.

Some big ones: it has one value set for pdif cap, when 1 handed weapons have a lower pdif cap. And is applying smite to 1 handed weapons.

Some small ones: attack bonus trait isnt correct and grape diafuku has an attack multiplier of 1000 because its value is supposed to be formatted as a percentage.

And that's just the things i've found so far.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-02 10:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonof said: »
Before ppl start taking it as gospel, you shouldn't use that spreadsheet. It has some errors that are skewing results.

Some big ones: it has one value set for pdif cap, when 1 handed weapons have a lower pdif cap. And is applying smite to 1 handed weapons.

Some small ones: attack bonus trait isnt correct and grape diafuku has an attack multiplier of 1000 because its value is supposed to be formatted as a percentage.

And that's just the things i've found so far.

Great catch with pdif. Thank you! Tho it wouldnt compromise any comparisons between gear with same weapon really. It only skewed the overall hierarchy of 1h weapon vs 2h weapons and only at attack cap.

I dont have Grape diafuku in sheet, so not sure what sheet you have been using.

Here is sheet with fixed pdif and smite. Still completely messed UP with item naming and with other possible errors, so keep that in mind (Im too busy to care for it more than I can, sorry)
By eeternal 2021-07-02 10:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
This set has 24% haste.

I would switch feet to AF+3, Telos to brutal, Coiste to Aurgelmir Orb +1. You have 26%haste, better meva and 100%DA then. Another variant of this would be also switch helm to Hjarrandi, belt to Sailfi R15, ring to Niqmaddu and ammo to R15 Seething Bomblet. It will reduce TA to 2%, but keep 100%DA, add 3%QA and increase PDT to 50%.

You can also just switch ammo to augmented Seething Bomblet and Telos to Brutal.

EDIT: That being said all that is 2% more dps than 5/5 Sakpata R20 with sailfi, Niqmaddu, Petrov and A. orb +1 and 5/5 Sakpata R20 actually have superior MEVA on top of DT.
Would you opt for Balder +1 earring instead of Brutal?
First Page 2 3 ... 198 199 200 ... 224 225 226