Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2021-07-02 10:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
SimonSes said: »
This set has 24% haste.

I would switch feet to AF+3, Telos to brutal, Coiste to Aurgelmir Orb +1. You have 26%haste, better meva and 100%DA then. Another variant of this would be also switch helm to Hjarrandi, belt to Sailfi R15, ring to Niqmaddu and ammo to R15 Seething Bomblet. It will reduce TA to 2%, but keep 100%DA, add 3%QA and increase PDT to 50%.

You can also just switch ammo to augmented Seething Bomblet and Telos to Brutal.

EDIT: That being said all that is 2% more dps than 5/5 Sakpata R20 with sailfi, Niqmaddu, Petrov and A. orb +1 and 5/5 Sakpata R20 actually have superior MEVA on top of DT.
Would you opt for Balder +1 earring instead of Brutal?
Not for 100mil lol
 Bahamut.Leonof
Server: Bahamut
user: DethCody
By Bahamut.Leonof 2021-07-02 10:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Leonof said: »
Before ppl start taking it as gospel, you shouldn't use that spreadsheet. It has some errors that are skewing results.

Some big ones: it has one value set for pdif cap, when 1 handed weapons have a lower pdif cap. And is applying smite to 1 handed weapons.

Some small ones: attack bonus trait isnt correct and grape diafuku has an attack multiplier of 1000 because its value is supposed to be formatted as a percentage.

And that's just the things i've found so far.

Great catch with pdif. Tho it wouldnt compromise any comparisons between gear with same weapon really. It only skewed the overall hierarchy of 1h weapon vs 2h weapons and only at attack cap.

I dont have Grape diafuku in sheet, so not sure what sheet you have been using.

Here is sheet with fixed pdif and smite. Still completely messed UP with item naming and with other possible errors, so keep that in mind (Im too busy to care for it more than I can, sorry)

The grape daifuku was in a spreadsheet posted by someone who edited yours, they both had the other errors tho.
By SimonSes 2021-07-02 10:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
Would you opt for Balder +1 earring instead of Brutal?

Nah this earring is waste of space/gil XD
By SimonSes 2021-07-02 10:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The grape daifuku was in a spreadsheet posted by someone who edited yours, they both had the other errors tho.

Understood. I fixed Smite and pdif. Let me know if you find something else. Thank You once again :)
By Spaitin 2021-07-02 11:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Bahamut.Neb said: »
BIS Decimation Set Anyone??

This is my current set:

ItemSet 380555
pretty sure you mean to have fotia?
Before ppl start taking it as gospel, you shouldn't use that spreadsheet. It has some errors that are skewing results.

Some big ones: it has one value set for pdif cap, when 1 handed weapons have a lower pdif cap. And is applying smite to 1 handed weapons.

Some small ones: attack bonus trait isnt correct and grape diafuku has an attack multiplier of 1000 because its value is supposed to be formatted as a percentage.

And that's just the things i've found so far.
Yeah, i found it to be atleast +-10% off of reality last I played with it.

It needs a lot of review to really be considered useable.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
The long and short is whatever the spreadsheet tells you to do, is what you do.
spreadsheet is inaccurate so no on that.
By Taint 2021-07-02 13:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Fotia losing both neck and waist. Almost 2% difference.
By Spaitin 2021-07-02 13:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting, what buffs?
By Taint 2021-07-02 13:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped att/acc, Boost STR
By SimonSes 2021-07-02 13:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Spaitin said: »
spreadsheet is inaccurate so no on that.

Spreadsheet having different numbers than you get in game doesnt mean sheet is wrong, it usually means there is difference in what happens in game and what happens in sheet. Sheet is avg damage. If you take simulation, that has avg dps across 10000 simulations almost the same as avg dps in sheet, you will notice that many of those simulations will have similar numbers that you get in game and many simulation will have completely different numbers. Its because there is many randomness that sheet wont show you. Especially in builds that have WS scaling with TP and multihit at the same time and Triple attack above 10%. There is also lag, human reaction and everything else that will make difference between what you see in sheet and game. Just look at some builds in sheet where WSing at 1300 and 1600 makes almost 10% dps difference.
[+]
 Asura.Xippy
Server: Asura
user: Xippy
By Asura.Xippy 2021-07-02 21:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive my crappy tech skills but does anyone have issues with using these spreadsheets as a Google sheet? When I go to select a different weapon type, it gets stuck loading the list of weapons.

Everything seems to work fine on Excel, I just don't have Excel on my primary computer, so if there's a workaround for sheets, that'd be great. Thanks!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Xippy
By Asura.Xippy 2021-07-02 21:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to just use the free online version of Excel, making a copy didn't work either.

I'll keep playing with it but if anyone else has those issues and doesn't have Excel, just create or use your Microsoft login and you can upload it to the one online for free and it works fine.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-07-03 00:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xippy said: »
I was able to just use the free online version of Excel, making a copy didn't work either.

I'll keep playing with it but if anyone else has those issues and doesn't have Excel, just create or use your Microsoft login and you can upload it to the one online for free and it works fine.

I have the same issue, I had to use a work computer for excel, change the weapon, and then sent it back to myself for google docs.

I keep 2 copies, one for Naeg, one for Chango.

Here's the Chango version:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OKJnn9KcUbfWSjwOMX9ti21mTgyEUyMv7s3JORi9zDo/edit?usp=sharing

Please note, whatever was found to be broken above, or a page back, I have not fixed yet. I corrected the food, but pdif adjustments would take time for me to decipher or steal from Simon.
By SimonSes 2021-07-03 04:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

You can simply type the name of the weapon instead of selecting it XD
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2021-07-03 05:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My stance on spreadsheet: take results with a grain of salt. For reasons already covered, it’s not gonna give perfect results but the math behind it is spot on and shouldn’t be ignored.

If you compare two items and they’re only 2% apart but one of them has much more accuracy? Stick with the ACC, it’s safer. If you see one item completely blowing out another by 10% or more? That requires more attention/raised eyebrow.

It’s a useful tool just remember that real results vary wildly depending on situations. Check to see if one thing is overwhelmingly superior but if not just stick with safest options imo
[+]
By georgebush 2021-07-03 08:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Has R15 Bravura been added to the sheet? Last I looked at it I think it was incomplete.
By SimonSes 2021-07-03 08:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I will check and add it later if it's not there. Not at PC for a longer time today. Stuff like that probably won't be added until someone ask for it, since it's assumed a niche thing.
 Asura.Xippy
By Asura.Xippy 2021-07-03 08:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There shouldn't be an issue if we insert a row and add whatever we won't should there? I will say, I inserted one at the end of the list and the drop-down didn't pick it up but I put one in the middle of the list and it picked it up.

That said, at some point with me playing with this sheet I screwed up the calculations for Set 2. Set 1 still works so I'll have to figure it out but I don't think it was when I was adding additional gear.

I've looked through and I'm assuming WAR Fencer crit is being picked up somewhere, is this a correct assumption? I couldn't find it but then again I'm not someone that could have done this.
By Spaitin 2021-07-03 10:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
My stance on spreadsheet: take results with a grain of salt. For reasons already covered, it’s not gonna give perfect results but the math behind it is spot on and shouldn’t be ignored.
I would say the math formulas are spot on, but you rarely find a calculation where all the inputs are correct. It is more human error than anything.

basically, you get spreadsheet results that can't be replicated in game. Which to me, makes them worthless.

They also don't have anything that takes retal into account. meaning anything where you are tanking is not accurate at all.
Retaliation is extremely potent on when you get to take advantage of it. On some fights, it is more beneficial than warcry. STP builds also heavily favor retaliation.

some fights you dont get to take advantage of it at all.
By SimonSes 2021-07-03 10:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You won't take advantage of Retaliation in almost any current endgame fight now tho. You would need to be tank/soloDD for that, so basically only outdated content I think.

Edit: Well you kinda get advantage of it in Bumba, but since it's a zerg Bumba spams tp moves and rarely make melee hits.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-03 12:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall ever seeing a retaliation during a Bumba fight. Though I did stop using it after a few runs because I wanted random deal to have a higher chance to reset warcry
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-03 14:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh I haven't been Earvin Bumba yet. I just assumed it might work there. Still wouldn't be much effective.
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-07-03 17:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You've made this claim before, while it worked with some gear, I found it to be false with weapons. Not sure why, so I found a work around and figured I'd share.
By Spaitin 2021-07-03 21:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Capped att/acc, Boost STR
I have swapping fotia beating your set by about 1k damage a WS. Even more if you use Fighter's Roll.
What did you use to calculate that?
Maybe I mathed it out wrong. But I don't think so. I will check again on my other comp.

Only differences being a loss in 30 STR, 13 DA and 2 TA and adding .2 ftp to each hit.

My guess is you are doing something oddly specific that is making fstr cause those pieces to win. which won't happen on any target I mathed out in game. I couln't get Fstr to win unless you did some things that couldn't happen. Like Capped fSTR vs no Fstr.

Edit***. I think you just put it backwards. Fotia is winning by a little over 2%. Even 1 piece of fotia vs war beads and belt is a win for fotia

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Spaitin 2021-07-05 14:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 367313
This is BIS Decimation. Swap out with r15 Farsha if you have it. Sang will have a slightly higher ws frequency though.

Fotia easily beat out beads and sailifi
By SimonSes 2021-07-05 18:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cambion said: »
You've made this claim before, while it worked with some gear, I found it to be false with weapons. Not sure why, so I found a work around and figured I'd share.

You can't type full name of the weapon? How that doesn't work?
By Taint 2021-07-06 16:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 367313
This is BIS Decimation. Swap out with r15 Farsha if you have it. Sang will have a slightly higher ws frequency though.

Fotia easily beat out beads and sailifi

You are correct with Fotia, thank you! 2%ish gain.

I had Simon check the math as well.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2021-07-06 17:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say the math formulas are spot on, but you rarely find a calculation where all the inputs are correct. It is more human error than anything.

basically, you get spreadsheet results that can't be replicated in game. Which to me, makes them worthless.

I agree but I would argue that WS results are good provided the assumed conditions are replicated. That's really the only thing I use the Sheetz for is WS gear building honestly. I check TP gear as well but like you said that can go Pear-shaped quite rapidly and sometimes dramatically in the WAR's favor if he/she is holding hate.

TP Phases? Check and see but if nothing is horribly off, can ignore as long as decisions are sound.

WS Phases? Generally accurate from my experiences but only if the conditions match. I know too many people that do all of their comparisons assuming pDIF or Acc will always be capped but then things go south on them for obvious reasons.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 199 200 201 ... 224 225 226