Drk Gear?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk gear?
Drk gear?
First Page 2 3 4
By Rougn 2012-11-14 12:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently returned to FFXI and decided to take up my Drk. I'm currently raising my scythe to cap but I don't know which weapons to aim for I know rag and apoc are the best but unfortunately I solo most of my gear and I don't know if I can solo a relic.
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2012-11-14 12:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have BST leveled you should be able to make a relic within 2-3 months from farming Dynamis.

Fishing can be profitable. Maybe level a craft? Basic materials are demanded on most servers.

Otherwise you could spam Voidwatch and convert cruo...oh just made myself sad
By Rougn 2012-11-14 12:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol; I know I spent awhile farming crour to make a relic...came back to find it gone. Anyways I do have a lv 95 bst how well geared does he have to be to solo dynamis?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2012-11-14 12:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly? Not well at all.
[+]
 Bahamut.Vagrua
Server: Bahamut
user: Vagrua
By Bahamut.Vagrua 2012-11-14 12:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I see full Perle BSTs doing it fine, so I doubt it takes much gear wise. I guess it depends how much you want to invest into it to maximize your performance/profits.
By Rougn 2012-11-14 12:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh I might do that then which one would be best for soloing/duo/trio?
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-11-14 13:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Any of the dreamlands except maybe Tav work fine for a BST95. You can expect around 100-120s with little competition and gimp gear on BST. As you get better geared and fine tune your play style you can get into the 180-200 ranges.

You can still convert Cruor into Gil but it's now a high competition market if you opt for any of the alternatives to blinkers.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-11-14 13:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd personally recommend Ragnarok for a few reasons:

1) Resolution just rapes things.
2) Increased Critical Hit Rate.
3) Multiple jobs can use it (namely WAR!), so you're not just limited to a one-and-done weapon like Scythe...

All in all it's a matter of preference... I opted for a Ragnarok, and have been extremely happy with that decision.

As far as Dynamis is concerned, I've seen Perle BST galore soloing, so I'm sure minimal gear is required to solo EP Dynamis mobs efficiently... Dreamlands are your best bet- I leaned towards Dynamis - Valkurm when I used to do it.
By Rougn 2012-11-14 13:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so rag will be the better for utilities reason so what scyte would you guys recommend?
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-11-14 13:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight Scythe offers you what no other scythe/weapon would and that is a way to get around damage reduction/restriction mechanics of a given monster (like Flan)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-14 13:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

firstly i hope you have voidwatch started, if not do that asap to start your counter
for drk the fastest way to get up to speed is skill great sword, gear up using the greatsword/resolution builds thread, and find your way into an ig alima shout to atleast get a hoarfrost blade (borealis if youre lucky), and sadly once you level out tp and ws sets you will top parses vs anyone that isnt a ragnarok drk

skill scythe for procs, get your magics skilled and every spell learned

pearl bst can be a start and even with ah axes can make 150~ coins a run in dream dyna (need to know camps well but its possible) and on that note make sure you have /dnc for that

once thats all said and done your #1 goal is neo nyzul isle gear (phorcys set)

if youre curious feel free to check my gear sets on my page
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-11-14 13:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you plan on doing in game?

Do you mostly solo things? ("I solo most of my gear") Apoc is far superior for soloing/low manning things. But if you mainly play alone you might have more fun with Gutler,Mandau etc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2012-11-14 13:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight or Wroth scythe
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-14 13:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
Twilight or Wroth scythe
no
gsword for general things like voidwatch
twilight for extremely situational
apoc if you wanna lowman on drk
rag if youre the epeen gotta do the most dmg type

dont use scythes expecting to do anything except procs or dissapoint shout groups (unless its an apoc)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Matriarch
user: Taisaijin
By Ragnarok.Matriarch 2012-11-14 13:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

No, make a Redemption! *starts sobbing uncontrollably.*
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-14 13:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Matriarch said: »
No, make a Redemption! *starts sobbing uncontrollably.*
/comfort

inb4 coulda been a vere

oh and for what its worth before apoc i carried wroth and twilight for different situations, dropped wroth after
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2012-11-14 13:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He sai
Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
Twilight or Wroth scythe
no
gsword for general things like voidwatch
twilight for extremely situational
apoc if you wanna lowman on drk
rag if youre the epeen gotta do the most dmg type

dont use scythes expecting to do anything except procs or dissapoint shout groups (unless its an apoc)

He said he knew he needed apoc and rag ,but asked what scythe to use. That's what my comment was aimed at.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-14 14:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »

3) Multiple jobs can use it (namely WAR!), so you're not just limited to a one-and-done weapon like Scythe...

All in all it's a matter of preference... I opted for a Ragnarok, and have been extremely happy with that decision.

As far as Dynamis is concerned, I've seen Perle BST galore soloing, so I'm sure minimal gear is required to solo EP Dynamis mobs efficiently... Dreamlands are your best bet- I leaned towards Dynamis - Valkurm when I used to do it.

This is not a reason to make ragnarok sorry. Only reasons are Resolution and accuracy +40, and war can use it.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-11-14 14:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're gonna solo a alot on DRK, get an an Apoc. I don't regret getting it/worry about it in the future.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-11-14 14:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

This is not a reason to make ragnarok sorry. Only reasons are Resolution and accuracy +40, and war can use it.

Wat? Its one of the best reasons.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-11-14 14:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Make an apoc, love it for the most important reason. It's fun!
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-14 14:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Wat? Its one of the best reasons.

Well i should have said the last reason, or people would have mass-jumped on it earlier.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-14 14:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »

Ragnarok is more useful for the higher end contents though (Legion, PW etc...)

Edit : Potentially, cause it actually always depends on the player who wields it.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2012-11-14 14:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A 99 Ragnarok has a +14% boost to your critical hit rate... Sounds like a trait worth mentioning to me.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-14 14:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

hows that rag comin?

oh and 14% bonus crit rate that doubles the boost from relic proc further increasing white dmg is not a good reason? k, make one and youll understand
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-14 14:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rag for epeen and apoc for a ton of fun and good damage. Might just be a better option for drk post embrava nerf a dead drk is a useless drk amd no stupid amouny of regen to keep you up if healers suck or are busy.
By Rougn 2012-11-14 14:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok; well to answer questions I mostly do solo however I also trio with a rdm dnc and myself. I am gathering voidstones I think I have 200 built up but never even touched that stuff. I honestly geared my smn and blm got my Ls geared and left.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-11-14 14:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

kind of side topic, but focus on getting all of the main vw cleared before gear hunting (starting cities, jeuno and final vw) ofcourse doing the rest where possible to get all the temps, but main reason being one of the ki from the final vw fights increases the amount of stones you have based on the number of stones you currently have (bastok T1 has the same thing if i remember right)

back on topic, if you think youd be adding your drk into the mix on your lowman stuff then (after getting bst squared away) aiming for apocalypse is the way to go, its fun and extremely versitile.

that being said still find you way to a hoarfrost for any bigger events youd be interested in using drk for, and aim for ragnarok... or atleast the oat gsword if you do decide to chase apoc first
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-11-14 15:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok is more useful for the higher end contents though (Legion, PW etc...)

Edit : Potentially, cause it actually always depends on the player who wields it.
Good you edit, because I can toss on a hoarfrost and double the parse % of at least 50% of the rag drks on our server.
First Page 2 3 4