ACP 11 Winning Stradgies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ACP 11 Winning Stradgies.
ACP 11 Winning Stradgies.
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Avender
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-26 12:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For starters, I am kinda F'ed when it comes to having a good job for this battle. Only level 75 I have is Monk, and then next two jobs even close are a 66 Warrior and 61 Paladin. So, i have heard, read, and seen many reports that Ranged Attack jobs are the way to go with this fight. Also seen if one person, be it a damage dealer or tank fights the mob head on, while mages and ranged attacks deal with the clones works.

So, I know there have been many a discussions on this topic, but has anyone found a new stradgy, or have any suggestions that can accomdate a Monk into the fight? Any ideas, information, or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-26 12:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'm interested to see this myself, as all I have to work with is my 75 DNC, along with ls members 75 THF, and a 75 RNG (well, RNG fits in, but ls mate said we're prolly effed with THF and DNC)...
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-26 12:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK can be used to pull and kill clones if he's fast enough I guess...clones are what overwhelms the fight. Kill them, all you have to deal with is the AoE. Which is why I said PULL the clones.
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-26 12:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
MNK can be used to pull and kill clones if he's fast enough I guess...clones are what overwhelms the fight. Kill them, all you have to deal with is the AoE. Which is why I said PULL the clones.

So, Instead of say, having me be the only one beating the mob, maybe have me come /WAR or with a ranged attack and just handle the clones?
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-26 12:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to the ACP final battle, the ideal setup usually has space left for one non-ranged Damage Dealer. PLD, RNGorSMN & RNGorSMN are the essentials of the party and then there is usually a RDM or BLM on stun duty and then a WHM. You would then choose any DD such as WAR,DRG,MNK,THF, or anyone else that needs the fight to focus just on the clones. This is merely the setup I've used 20+ times and I can say that the few times we did bring a Monk as our clone killer, he did a phenomenal job killing those suckers, and fast too!

As for the pulling part, the few times I've done it with MNK we've had one of the rangers or the BLM or RDM pull the clone for the MNK, but if you can pull them yourself then by all means go for it!
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-26 12:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Sterling!

Okay how is this for a Setup:
[me] Monk to handle clones.
A PLD.
2 ranged jobs.
A WHM.
And a BLM or RDM/DRK.

Thoughts?
 Shiva.Trakz
Server: Shiva
user: moookie
By Shiva.Trakz 2009-05-26 12:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggesttions for this 6 player set up with the following jobs available. player 1 has PLD, WAR, THF, and WHM at 75(no rdm or drk sub), player 2 has MNK and DNC, player 3 has BLM, DRG, and MNK, player 4 has RNG and BLM, player 5 has WHM and BST, and finally player 6 has RDM, WHM, BLM, and BRD. Player 6 can go sub DRK for RDM. Tried fight with PLD, MNK, BLM, RNG, RDM, and WHM and lasted about 20 minutes but only got seed to about 70% til MP became an issue and draw in. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Next attempt we are trying to go all DD w/opo and sleep for TP to WS and RDM/DRK for stun. Thanks
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-26 12:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK/NIN works for damage control on cure bombing you. If you can, bring thalums (sp) and see if you can pull yourself, so the RNG can focus on the main guy instead of pulling. o.o
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-26 12:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I might have a pt with this so far:
PLD
[me] MNK
WHM
SMN

So i would need a BLM or RDM/drk and a ranged attack.

Sound good?
 Caitsith.Kavien
Server: Caitsith
user: Kavien
By Caitsith.Kavien 2009-05-26 13:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Avender said:
Thanks Sterling!

A PLD.
2 ranged jobs.
A WHM.
And a BLM or RDM/DRK.

Thoughts?

good set up, u could replace one of the rng for smn if cant find.
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-05-26 13:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

tp burn this ***. long as u have a rdm/drk and a brd u can zerg this ***with very little problem, the crystal is actually pretty squishy seeing as i smashed it repeatedly for 1.5k dmg.. go kaiten go!

ninja edit. lol tank. get sum melee together and just outright zerg it, with the rdm's cs stun its pretty much a win win situation
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-26 13:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Update:
PLD
[me]MNK
WHM
SMN
BLM

Still looking for ranged.
 Hades.Oromis
Server: Hades
user: Oromis
By Hades.Oromis 2009-05-26 13:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with the TP burn strategy. We went as BRD,RDM,SAM,SAM,MNK,MNK.

RDM just chainspell stunned; bard was on curaga duty.
 Fairy.Vylandra
Server: Fairy
user: Vylandra1
By Fairy.Vylandra 2009-05-26 13:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Stradgies? LMFAO
 Shiva.Trakz
user: moookie
By Shiva.Trakz 2009-05-26 13:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For Zerg do you have anyone on seed spawns or just ignore them?
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-26 13:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Trakz said:
For Zerg do you have anyone on seed spawns or just ignore them?

You cant ignore them. Have to take them out.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-26 13:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Avender said:
Thanks Sterling!

A PLD.
2 ranged jobs.
A WHM.
And a BLM or RDM/DRK.

Thoughts?

This is a good setup. I would also recommend using only one summoner if you choose to go that way. RNG+RNG or RNG+SMN. Using two summoners can take quite a bit of time due to their having to rely on MP and having to summon their pets and send them out. Two summoners will work, but it will test the time restraints. The PLD can also sub DRK if a stunner is not available. We've also brought a SAM/RNG before in substitute for a RNG and it worked suprisingly well. I'm sure you already know the strategies of running to the far corners with the Paladin running towards the wall. Its pretty flawless imo :x
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-26 13:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightmarelord said:
tp burn this ***. long as u have a rdm/drk and a brd u can zerg this ***with very little problem, the crystal is actually pretty squishy seeing as i smashed it repeatedly for 1.5k dmg.. go kaiten go!

ninja edit. lol tank. get sum melee together and just outright zerg it, with the rdm's cs stun its pretty much a win win situation

I tried to zerg the thing a few times with disasterous outcomes. I think it'd be fun to try, but I dunno if I'd try it if I'm trying to win. Maybe for fun :x Once I brought a party of SAMs in to pewpewpew it and we were down within 2 minutes. ;_;
 Odin.Gensouryuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Gensouryuu 2009-05-26 13:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

there was a strategy for mnk as tank due to high hp and you have 3 mages and 2 other dds.
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-26 13:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I am having no luck with a Ranged job. Will a second blm work?

That will make it:
PLD
MNK
BLM
BLM
SMN
WHM

Thoughts?
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-26 13:59:13
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

you need range

blms nuke get resisted hardcore from what I heard o.o

you will either need another SMN or at least a sam/rng
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-26 14:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did mine with PLD/WAR, SAM/RNG, SMN/WHM, RDM/WHM, BLM/RDM, WHM/BLM.

PLD obviously controlled hate.
SMN used Predator Claws whenever it was up.
SAM/RNG Ranged attacked it and took out clones
BLM (me) was on Stun duty and tossed nukes here and there after stuns.
RDM refreshed and nuked.
WHM healed obviously.

took about 27 min to do it.
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-05-26 14:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Gensouryuu said:
there was a strategy for mnk as tank due to high hp and you have 3 mages and 2 other dds.

Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 14:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Clowdd said:
Gensouryuu said:

o.o
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-26 14:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Guys This is what WE REALLY DID, and our outcome was very successfull. You can read all the others but this was a sure fire way.

Pld, ( he will be fighting down near the crystal, not sure what sub job, either nin or war, maybe whm, CAN ANYONE Plz assist and add in the right sub job, sry.. I was concentrating on fight.)

A Ranger, a Sam with a Ranger sub( you want 2 for sidewinder).. A red/whm for buffs along with a Bard/whm for musical buffs and whm for xtra healing and a Summ/Whm Carby helping PLD near crystal and Carby pulls and also Whm for more xtra healing..

So.. PLd/? Sam/Rgr, Rgr/Nin, Sum/Whm, Red/Whm or (Blk for dmg) and finally a Brd/Whm.

That should work.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-26 14:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Neonracer said:
Hey Guys This is what WE REALLY DID, and our outcome was very successfull. You can read all the others but this was a sure fire way.

Pld, ( he will be fighting down near the crystal, not sure what sub job, either nin or war, maybe whm, CAN ANYONE Plz assist and add in the right sub job, sry.. I was concentrating on fight.)

A Ranger, a Sam with a Ranger sub( you want 2 for sidewinder).. A red/whm for buffs along with a Bard/whm for musical buffs and whm for xtra healing and a Summ/Whm Carby helping PLD near crystal and Carby pulls and also Whm for more xtra healing..

So.. PLd/? Sam/Rgr, Rgr/Nin, Sum/Whm, Red/Whm or (Blk for dmg) and finally a Brd/Whm.

That should work.

PLD/DRK? DId you have a stunna?
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-05-26 14:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

My group lost -- barely-- last night. We had a rdm/drk, a mnk/war, war/sam, sam/war, cor/rng, and rng/war. Rdm CSS, the rest of us beat the crap out of it. We had it to a bit less than 10% when CSS ran out and we died in two quick area-of-affects and one clone. We're trying again with the same setup because it was very close, and the cor's 2hour rolled a 1. If he'd rolled anything higher, we probably would have beat it with no problems at all. Poor cor was extremely crabby about his roll, lol!

Edit: oh, I lied. it was night before last. Carry on.

Edit again: If you go in with a rng, try to get it to sub sam or war. Shadows are useless for this fight, and the crystal has no evasion. They won't have trouble with aim without duel-wielding aim stat weapons. The extra damage from war or the meditation from sam is much more helpful than anything that /nin can get you for this fight.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-05-26 14:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

words of advice:
if there is a thief in your pt, make sure he doesnt use a f' Garuda's Dagger!
Thf's clone will go silencing ppl around and cost you the fight >.<
First Page 2 3