ACP 11 Winning Stradgies.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » ACP 11 Winning Stradgies.
ACP 11 Winning Stradgies.
 Titan.Crypter
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Detsurin
By Titan.Crypter 2009-05-26 15:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeCXUxgCxaY&feature=related

/easymode
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-05-26 15:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Avender said:
Trakz said:
For Zerg do you have anyone on seed spawns or just ignore them?

You cant ignore them. Have to take them out.

Every Zerg vid I've seen the clone move that the seed does was stunned during Chainspell so there was never a clone.
 Titan.Crypter
Server: Titan
user: Detsurin
By Titan.Crypter 2009-05-26 15:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, wasn't paying attention. No, it's not sped up, it's normal speed.

Edit : Yes, I cut out the buffing and crap, no one wants to watch us stand there for 7 minutes.
 Asura.Avender
Server: Asura
user: Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-26 15:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

YAH! another loss!
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-26 16:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

PLD, MNK, WHM, BLM, SMN, RNG. Had it to 50%. 2 Clones and -aga spams... Sucks...
 Fairy.Rubbaducky
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Rubbaducky 2009-05-26 17:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

if u can find members try sam/war x3 mnk/war rdm/drk brd/whm
all sams tp to 200 n wait on meditate
brd 2hr and sings mnk run in (without weopan drawn) chi blast followed by rdm 2hr chainstun
all use tp 2hr use tp ick wings use tp
should win b4 rdms 2hr is up
running in with weopans drawn (locked onto target) 99% of time will result in it opening with move that removes ur 2hrs
running in chi blast without lock on weopans drawn 99% will ressult in a win
8/10 win on this strat only times lost was wen it took our 2hrs ( both times opening with weopans drawn ) guess it felt threatened ;o)
can swap brd for any 6th job brd/whm just results in a quicker kill ;o)
have never done this and wouldnt w/o a mnk in the pt
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-05-26 18:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

My Last set up, was effective as it was when I did it the first time around.

PLD/RDM
RNG/NIN
RNG/NIN
RNG/NIN
WHM/SMN
RDM/DRK

PLD/RDM tanked our crystal. Flash/Blind/Paralyze etc

RNG/NIN x3 just used Ratk's ONLY. 1 RNG would pull in the clones, and the other 2 would take turns WS'ing the copy's. No auto targeting. Just straight up Menu > ws > click target > ws.

WHM/SMN focused on the PLD and healed using Cure III or IV if needed. Holding 3-4 Hi-Ether's and using it should the whm get low on mp.

RDM/DRK's job was only to stun -ga's, refreshing the whm and pld, while also helping cures if need be.

Finished my last 4 encounter's with People doing the BCNM and havent lost since. Finished roughly around 20-21min each time lol.
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-26 19:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

3rd loss...

WAR/SAM
WAR/SAM
DRG/SAM
MNK/NIN
BRD/WHM
RDM/DRK

I HATE THIS...

(I know, I know... I forgot to come /war...)
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 19:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, you came with no Ratk.
[+]
 Asura.Vixen
By Asura.Vixen 2009-05-26 20:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My first win was:

* Setup: PLD/WAR, WHM/SMN, SAM/DNC, RDM/DRK, WAR/RNG, COR/RNG

Paladin geared for Magic Defense, spammed all abilities at the start and as they came available, would run up the stairs whenever she was drawn in. White Mage did her usual thing, putting up Aerial Armor when possible. Samurai was on Seed Thrall patrol, he mostly solo'd them all as they popped. Red Mage stunned all the aga's and provided support and nuked the Seed Thralls when Stun was down. Warrior used Ranged attacks on the Seed Crystal WS'ing Sidewinder. Corsair kept up Chaos Roll and Rouges Roll most of the time but switched it up to Evokers and Healers roll when mp was needed. Corsair also used ranged attacks on the Seed Crystal WS'ing Slug Shot. Pretty safe fight with 6 minutes remaining, main points are to have the Paladin constantly on the run from the Seed Crystal, have someone assigned to Seed Thrall duty and have your party try to get as close to the wall as possible when you see "Seed of Judgement" (It is a good idea for the Paladin to run the opposite direction of the party when it starts casting an ~aga just in case it doesn't get stunned)

My second win was the same idea except with this setup:
* PLD/WAR, COR/RNG, RDM/DRK, WHM/SMN, MNK/NIN, RNG/WAR
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-05-28 17:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, Most likely gunna try another run tonight. So, I have a question...

Is a Bard a must when it comes to zerging?

Why I ask is because on my last fail, which was a zerg, we lost simply because Bard couldnt keep up healing. Not saying that he did a bad job, but what if the bard were replaced with a White Mage?

Setup I have in my mind is:
3 DD's ( war/sam, sam/war, mnk/war... Doesnt matter. Just heavy DD's )
mnk/war [me]
rdm/drk ( a must )
whm/sch

More healing capibilites, still have a form of haste, but loose the Attack bonus from a Bard song.

Thoughts?
 Fairy.Burda
Server: Fairy
user: Burda
By Fairy.Burda 2009-05-28 18:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

4 MNKs + BRD + Rdm/Drk = win, at least it did for me when I went.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-05-29 15:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the one thing people dont take into account for, ESPECIALLY the paladins on our server. Is that the damage in this fight is Magical damage taken. So they use /drk or /war instead of subbing /rdm with MDT gear. We seem to get a lot of those pld's.

Or, they end up being not so smart enough to get out of charm zone. so we sometimes lose the fight as well. Its annoying. >.>;
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-29 15:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Elkanah said:
I think the one thing people dont take into account for, ESPECIALLY the paladins on our server. Is that the damage in this fight is Magical damage taken. So they use /drk or /war instead of subbing /rdm with MDT gear. We seem to get a lot of those pld's.

Or, they end up being not so smart enough to get out of charm zone. so we sometimes lose the fight as well. Its annoying. >.>;

They /DRK for Stuns :x
 Alexander.Xynthios
Server: Alexander
user: Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2009-05-29 15:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Did this fight zerg-style with a JP party.

Setup was:

SAM/WAR (Me)
SAM/WAR
MNK/WAR
MNK/WAR
SCH/BLM
RDM/DRK

Everyone had some form of TP building strategy before the fight and all the DD's possessed some form of meds for healing and an Icarus wing.
2 SAM just meditate to 300%, MNK use Opo-Opo necklace + Sleep Potions to get to 300% while SAM's are storing, once everyone was set on TP (300%), the SAM's also waited an extra 3 minutes for Meditate to be ready again. The SCH then buffed with Accession + Protect/Shell IV + Stoneskin + Phalanx.

All the melee then put up their respective foods (MNK's used Red Curry, SAM's used Sole Sushi) and put up every possible offensive JA they could, Berserk + Hasso + Warcry and we all jumped in, MNK's used Hundred Fists, both of SAM used Sekkanokki WS>WS>Meikyo Shisui and soloed Light each while the MNK's pounded away and Asuran Fisted when they had TP, while this was going on the RDM put up Chainspell and started a stunchain until our 2 hours had wore, at this point the Crystal was at about 15% HP.

Both SAM then Meditated again after the barrage and WSx2 again and then ate wings and then again. It was at 3% at this point and i had 100% TP after a few attacks, the crystal was then about to use Seed of Judgment.

Just as it got it off, i quickly used Tachi: Gekko which abruptly ended the fight, luckily as the SCH and RDM were low on MP and the melee had used all they could.

The End. >.>
 Ragnarok.Forcex
user: Forcex
By Ragnarok.Forcex 2009-05-29 16:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

who ever wrote mnk need 300 tp is Bs there tp mod for asuran fists is 1.0 for 300tp which isnt an increase dmg at all maybe acc but as a mnk i had no acc issues with this crystal only way 300tp would be helpfull is if the mnk used dragon kick
 Seraph.Angrykitty
Server: Seraph
user:
By Seraph.Angrykitty 2009-05-29 16:21:25
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Avender said:
For starters, I am kinda F'ed when it comes to having a good job for this battle. Only level 75 I have is Monk, and then next two jobs even close are a 66 Warrior and 61 Paladin. So, i have heard, read, and seen many reports that Ranged Attack jobs are the way to go with this fight. Also seen if one person, be it a damage dealer or tank fights the mob head on, while mages and ranged attacks deal with the clones works.

So, I know there have been many a discussions on this topic, but has anyone found a new stradgy, or have any suggestions that can accomdate a Monk into the fight? Any ideas, information, or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Any job can go into this fight as long as you have an intelligent leader that can assign everyone some type of process IOT win the fight. Monk is extremely useful in any role, we even did a run where a monk tanked the fight instead of a paladin, he'd wail on the crystal and then back off when he thought it would AoE and usually got out of aoe charm range. But in my opinion, in any run/setup there's a certain degree of luck to winning the fight, I know some would argue that it's skill, skill applies when you have full control of the situation, this crystal you cannot control other than tier nukes and certain aoe abilities, you cannot stun judgment and expect it to give up that "one shot" move altogether, zerg and ranged work well, So do other unorthodox methods that a lot of people wouldn't even think of, So good luck!
 Alexander.Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2009-05-29 16:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Forcex said:
who ever wrote mnk need 300 tp is Bs there tp mod for asuran fists is 1.0 for 300tp which isnt an increase dmg at all maybe acc but as a mnk i had no acc issues with this crystal only way 300tp would be helpfull is if the mnk used dragon kick

I didn't say MNK actually "needed" 300% TP, thats just what the MNK's in my party did.

Can i stop others from wasting gil and supplies to reach a TP limit that doesn't even help the WS in question? Nope.
 Carbuncle.Luckydeville
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Luckydeville 2009-05-29 16:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ZERG it =D
we did it MNK SAM SAM SAM SAM RDM/DRK
no skillchains just gekko madness =D
no need to worry about clones it dies too fast
about 10 mins worth of prep meditate and all
 Caitsith.Surreal
Server: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2009-05-29 17:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

When i did this fight i went with PLD, WHM, BLM, SMN, SMN, RNG lol. SMN's took care of clones and the PLD tanked the main mob, It was stupidly easy..I was the WHM and i didn't even have to use sublimation to recover mp or use any meds XD

Edit: Then again i went with relatively smart people lol, didn't do a pickup group.
 Ragnarok.Forcex
user: Forcex
By Ragnarok.Forcex 2009-05-29 17:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah sorry about that but the opo-opo thing is not a bad idea for a monk considering you can only use icarus wing once every 2 hrs SAM/WAR x2 BRD/WHM RDM/DRK MNK/WARx2
is a sure win If your DD's aint to weak and your rdm aint an Rtard Sams Self Skillchaining Is pretty much useless since it has a high Defense to magic anways Gekko/Asuranfist Spam FTw
 Alexander.Xynthios
By Alexander.Xynthios 2009-05-29 17:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Forcex said:
yeah sorry about that but the opo-opo thing is not a bad idea for a monk considering you can only use icarus wing once every 2 hrs SAM/WAR x2 BRD/WHM RDM/DRK MNK/WARx2
is a sure win If your DD's aint to weak and your rdm aint an Rtard Sams Self Skillchaining Is pretty much useless since it has a high Defense to magic anways Gekko/Asuranfist Spam FTw

I think we might have actually spammed Gekko but i can't entirely remember lol.

I remember we did it two times. The first time we failed due to lack of damage, that might be when we tried to light SC.

The second time around the JP leader just said "WS WS WS WS {Yes Please} XD"
and i think that we spammed it rather than just waiting, and that time we won.
 Bahamut.Ryuueien
Server: Bahamut
user: Doozie
By Bahamut.Ryuueien 2009-05-29 19:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pt setup thf/rng smmnr/?? rdm/drk pld/nin sam/rng whm/??

I was the Thf/rng (slugshot) with some merited rngacc and had gear with +rngacc nd +rngattck
sam/rng took care of clones, fight went very smooth and simple no real danger at all took 14m for win..slowly but surely and it was fun too =D
 Asura.Avender
By Asura.Avender 2009-06-01 22:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

0/4. I am REALLY getting pissed.

WAR/NIN (2 one hand axes)
SAM/WAR
DRK/SAM
MNK/WAR
BRD/NIN
RDM/DRK

After RDM's 2 hour wears, instead of casting Stun one last time, She decides to alert the party, twice, because she mt's <call> the first time... at which time it uses Seed of Judgement. Wipe.

If anyone on Asura is willing to help me out tonight (have to wait about a hour and a half still) or tomorrow, or anytime soon for that matter, with a WIN, I mean WIN...I would greatly appreciate it.
 Asura.Krebons
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-06-01 23:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

to easy, rdm/drk rng/war pld/war(WITH MDB SETUP MUST HAVE) whm/sch/rdm/blm(dont really matter, /sch helps tho) blm/rdm and something with provoke or ranged attack to deal with adds(ive used sam/rng thf/nin and bst/nin) i am 4/4 on this setup, simple.