Mandau Twashtar Etc.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Mandau Twashtar etc.
Mandau Twashtar etc.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-05 20:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though I just found it after 10 seconds of googling; many, many thanks regardless.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Server: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-07-05 20:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
I bloody hate this thing. I bloody hate it.

Sorry, you're not going to get the 2000+word version. You get the tl'don'twannabloodyretypeit version instead.

You're using both a different gear set and a different set of constants than I am.

Up your crit pdif from 3 to 3.15
Up your non-crit pdif from 2 to 2.52
Up your fStr from 3 to 13
Up your dex from 200 to 215
Up your crit damage bonus from 1.22 to 1.23
Lower your fTP from 3.5 to 3.25
Lower DA rate to 13
Lower TA rate to 11

Let me know what number you get.

off-topic: I know there used to be a firefox plugin that saves all the text you type into a textbox, in case you backpage or otherwise somehow erase it. Does anyone remember what it's called <_<

3.15 is MAX pdif for crit not avg.
2.52 is MAX pdif for 1hand not avg.
Why lower fTP when moonshade is best and its 3.5 at 125TP
How you got 11%TA?
Since you are mithra probably (seeing how you got 215 DEX) You would need mob with like 70 Vit to get 13 fSTR. Not really sure what you kill with your THF but I think colibri from 75 camp was around that not mobs we kill today.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-05 21:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I said so, in the very first line

Let's see here. Let's first assume capped pdif/fStr/everything

If I'm using max and you're using average, there's no mystery why your numbers are lower than mine.

I also said I was using my own personal set, and I don't have moonshade.

And I'm hume.

Also, I knew you were eventually going to venture into the realm of arguing about variables. I have little interest in talking about variables, precisely because they are variables. There's no value in arguing about something that changes every time you engage on something new.

What we should be doing is saying, "under these circumstances, here are the results". And that's exactly what I've done. I've stated that these are the numbers you will get if you max out pdif/fStr/etc.

Even if you disagree, with relevance is it?

I stated that, given maxed out fStr/pdif, these are the numbers you get.

You respond by saying my numbers are too high, then proceeded to redo the math by using average numbers instead.

While your math is correct, what exactly are you trying to show here?

How does this change the fact that, when you use maxed out numbers, those numbers I gave are the results you will get?

It seems like you're trying to argue something that I'm not.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-07-06 01:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I said so, in the very first line

Let's see here. Let's first assume capped pdif/fStr/everything

If I'm using max and you're using average, there's no mystery why your numbers are lower than mine.

I also said I was using my own personal set, and I don't have moonshade.

And I'm hume.

Also, I knew you were eventually going to venture into the realm of arguing about variables. I have little interest in talking about variables, precisely because they are variables. There's no value in arguing about something that changes every time you engage on something new.

What we should be doing is saying, "under these circumstances, here are the results". And that's exactly what I've done. I've stated that these are the numbers you will get if you max out pdif/fStr/etc.

Even if you disagree, with relevance is it?

I stated that, given maxed out fStr/pdif, these are the numbers you get.

You respond by saying my numbers are too high, then proceeded to redo the math by using average numbers instead.

While your math is correct, what exactly are you trying to show here?

How does this change the fact that, when you use maxed out numbers, those numbers I gave are the results you will get?

It seems like you're trying to argue something that I'm not.

Capped pDIF doesnt mean MAX pDIF.

With capped attack (cRatio) your pDIF will jump from 1.5 to 2.5 ( very rounded numbers). Using max pdif for each strike is pretty much stupid and tells nothing about WS. Same for 3.15 for each crit.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-06 01:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I should ask you directly.

What's your point? What are you trying to prove? And what does it have to do with the comparison between /TPBonus and /coru?

This feels like one of those stubborn, waste of times.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tormant
Server: Fenrir
user: Tormant
By Fenrir.Tormant 2012-07-10 01:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Go with str thokcha. The added attack and str will outweigh the other options.
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-07-19 15:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe if I list the things I want to do, us THF's can get a better answer on which daggers are better for given situation:
  • I want to xp for 8 hours in Aby

• I want to farm Dynamis

• I want to solo NMs (in and out of Aby) for items/papers/coins/etc etc

• I want to do the most extreme highest dmg possible with my Exenterator/Mercy Stroke/etc.etc. while not giving a rats *** if my dps loses out in the end, HEY ITS ALL ABOUT MY EGO!

Now... that should help get us organized so we can figure out which daggers to get. But I probably already know the answer lol... (gotta catch em all~~~~)

On a side note, I finally got all my THF AF3+1 gear and have an Aluh Jambiya. I was offhanding Rapdius Sax. Going /war sub and eating red curry buns, popin POTs, zerk, and playing xp in aby yesterday for 73 merits worth, I was oneshotting dolls at Altepa off my WHM pl lol. I feel I have finally arrived close to where I want to be with my THF. But this is at lv99 vs dolls. I think my highest Exenterator was 6808. I want to get more into VW and Neo-Nyzul, so I'll go get the higher end gear to go play in those areas. But I haven't even seen Twas or Mand THFs get that kind of dmg on dolls. But course... "seeing" them would be the kicker. hehehe
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-07-19 15:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leairc said: »
Maybe if I list the things I want to do, us THF's can get a better answer on which daggers are better for given situation:
  • I want to xp for 8 hours in Aby

• I want to farm Dynamis

• I want to solo NMs (in and out of Aby) for items/papers/coins/etc etc

• I want to do the most extreme highest dmg possible with my Exenterator/Mercy Stroke/etc.etc. while not giving a rats *** if my dps loses out in the end, HEY ITS ALL ABOUT MY EGO!

Now... that should help get us organized so we can figure out which daggers to get. But I probably already know the answer lol... (gotta catch em all~~~~)
Ok so you want Mandau/str thokcha. You want thaumas gear and a mix of afv3 +2
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-20 01:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leairc said: »
I think my highest Exenterator was 6808. I want to get more into VW and Neo-Nyzul, so I'll go get the higher end gear to go play in those areas. But I haven't even seen Twas or Mand THFs get that kind of dmg on dolls. But course... "seeing" them would be the kicker. hehehe

Sure you dont see them w because Mandau and Twas THF's dont really step into abyssea and for sure wont trying to do uberDMG on dolls :) It probably can go higher, and lolADLdef/stats/whatever (i dont know why he is so weak) but highest Mercy i did on ADL was something 5.6kish

6.8k dmg is nice to see, but its kinda common in Abyssea to hit nice-dmg numbers.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-20 01:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

"I hit xxxxx damage"

Grats on DA/TA/QA proc on both hands.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-08-05 17:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Meaikidou said: »
all i'm trying to say is that you cannot rely on one average taken at one time to define what is best. the next time you take the average, it could be diff.

you saying the rules of math changes over time ?
im pretty sure he rules of average has been constant since the "invention" of math.
 Bahamut.Celerez
user: celerez
By Bahamut.Celerez 2012-08-13 15:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
im pretty sure he rules of average has been constant since the "invention" of math.

Beer invented math!*

but that doesn't give one the right to attempt math while drinking... (I am assuming that is what is taking place in this thread... only conclusion I can come to without wanting to /wrists)

*watch "How Beer Saved The World" courtesy of the DC lol... its a riot.