Looking For Good Xml That Utilizes Apocalypse

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Looking for good xml that utilizes Apocalypse
Looking for good xml that utilizes Apocalypse
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Odude
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-06-01 00:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

How is the CastingTime variable being set or used? I'm concerned that not all the gear is getting in place before the spell casts. Just from testing, the latest build is giving 67 damage on initial Endark hit. My old Spellcast is giving me 72 damage on initial hit. The sets are the same, but the rule from my old spellcast has the equip done at midcast.

Code
<var name="CastingTime"></var>
<cmd when="precast">wait $CastingTime; sc set %Spell</cmd>

EDIT
I see there was a new version with an option to adjust that. Seems I have to set it at minus 0.9 for it to get all of my Dark Magic skill gear on in time for Endark.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Server: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2012-06-04 22:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

First off, many thanks to Nightfyre for providing andupdating this xml, muchly appreciated. As a complete noob to both spellcast and autoexec, I wanted to ask you guys to help me figure out something I came across pertaining to my idle sets. When I cast Endark, my toon doesn't seem to want to take off Bale Sollerets +2. The rest of my IdleRegen set comes right up and even if I have under 50% mp in Port Jeuno, neither will my toon take off Bale Sollerets +2 nor will it swap to my IdleRefresh set (neither of which has the Bale Sollerets +2 in them).
Any thought on what I'm doing wrong? I also know this is probably not all the intel you would need to figure this out, just tell me what more you need to know about my drk.xml and I'll reply as clearly as I can.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-04 23:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Odude said: »
How is the CastingTime variable being set or used? I'm concerned that not all the gear is getting in place before the spell casts. Just from testing, the latest build is giving 67 damage on initial Endark hit. My old Spellcast is giving me 72 damage on initial hit. The sets are the same, but the rule from my old spellcast has the equip done at midcast.

Code

EDIT
I see there was a new version with an option to adjust that. Seems I have to set it at minus 0.9 for it to get all of my Dark Magic skill gear on in time for Endark.
Is this behavior (roughly) consistent across all your spells, ones above/below a certain cast time, or just Endark? Sorry I can't be of more help immediately, but I won't be on tonight and it's very very unlikely I'll have any opportunity to debug tomorrow so anything more you can tell me might help me identify the issue sooner.

EDIT: Just to be sure, did you adjust the values of DefaultSetFastCast and DarkMagicSetFastCast in the vars list to accomodate any Fast Cast gear?

I'll check out the Sollerets issue when I can as well. If you post your copy in [code ] tags, it might help me narrow down potential causes.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2012-06-05 06:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, thanks for the quick reply and by all means take your time, don't let yourself be distracted from more important matters.
Code
		<set name="IdleRefresh" baseset="IdleTown">
			<ammo>Hagneia Stone</ammo>
			<head>Wivre Hairpin</head>
			<neck>Bale Choker</neck>
			<lear>Bale Earring</lear>
			<rear>Brutal Earring</rear>
			<body>Twilight Mail</body>
			<hands>Bale Gauntlets +2</hands>
			<lring>Paguroidea Ring</lring>
			<rring>Sheltered Ring</rring>	
			<back>Atheling Mantle</back>
			<waist>Goading Belt</waist>
			<legs>Jingang Hose</legs>
			<feet>Ace's Leggings</feet>		
		</set>

As of now, I only use the Bale Sollerets +2 in my AM set till I get Phorcys. Which is why it's even odder to me that those pop up in Town gear atm.
2 more questions about the triggers. This is my first sc so trying to understand the rules. Is the Occult Acumen set always triggered for any nukes? And what triggers the TPDefensive set? I know I can force it by //trigger7 but I was wondering what the rules under Trigger7 actually mean cuz I'm too dumb to get it ^^;
Thanks again!
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2012-06-05 06:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No rules in the spellcast aside from Trigger7 affect what turns the TPDefensive mode on/off if thats what you are asking.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2012-06-05 07:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, let me see how to properly phrase this. Sorry, not a native speaker. *heachscratch* I know I could make a macro with //trigger7 to force my TPDefensive set whenever I wanted to. What I don't understand is what the rule for trigger7 actually means. I mean, unless I force the set on, how is SC ever ending up in the TPDefensive set. Eh, was hoping I could be more clearer than this, sorry if it's confusing.

Also, the idle sets are properly working for me outside of town, I'll try again in town in a couple hours or so, tho I haven't changed anything in my xml since I last posted here.

Edit: Scratch that. The idle sets are all triggering, but still it won't use Jingang Hose but stay in Sollerets. Since neither has any value for the sets, it doesn't really matter, I'm just baffled because all 3 sets (Town, Refresh and Idle) have Jingang in them.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-06 09:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Keyoku said: »
I mean, unless I force the set on, how is SC ever ending up in the TPDefensive set.
By changing the value of TPDefensive with //trigger7. When you want to equip your hybrid TP set, you trigger the rule and thus set TPDefensive to its active state. When you want your offensive TP sets to equip, you turn it off again.

EDIT: Nuking set is handled in the same manner. Use toggle11 to switch between damage and Occult Acumen gear.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-06 10:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Code

EDIT
Confirmed. Try lowering it to 0.5 and see if that consistently works for you; I'll change the default value accordingly.

Cerberus.Keyoku said: »
First off, many thanks to Nightfyre for providing andupdating this xml, muchly appreciated. As a complete noob to both spellcast and autoexec, I wanted to ask you guys to help me figure out something I came across pertaining to my idle sets. When I cast Endark, my toon doesn't seem to want to take off Bale Sollerets +2. The rest of my IdleRegen set comes right up and even if I have under 50% mp in Port Jeuno, neither will my toon take off Bale Sollerets +2 nor will it swap to my IdleRefresh set (neither of which has the Bale Sollerets +2 in them).
Any thought on what I'm doing wrong? I also know this is probably not all the intel you would need to figure this out, just tell me what more you need to know about my drk.xml and I'll reply as clearly as I can.
Unable to replicate. If you could post your entire copy and maybe some debug data, that might help.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-06-07 07:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i know this mostly turned out into an error-solution thread about Nightfyre's DRK-SC... but does anyone may has or know a decent SC for DRk which isnt... that complex :x? tbh mostly i dont even know what Nightfyre's SC does and what i would need to do to work with it lol and thats somehow the mainproblem.. that i am looking at it and have no clue what i need to do (ingame) to make it use w/e is in there. Dunno what "triggerx" is and stuff like that

dont need any Apoc rules stuff, cause its for DRK with Ragnarök.
[+]
By Solrain 2012-06-08 20:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Night, absolutely amazing as expected!

Small error that I didn't see anyone point out that was stumping me when I was testing - The high accuracy TP sets are called "FullAcc" in the sets but the toggle is labeled "HighAcc":
Code
<group name="weapon1" inherit="DRK">
		<set name="TP-Off-SAM-LowBuff-NoRegain-LowAcc">
		</set>
		<set name="TP-Off-SAM-LowBuff-NoRegain-MidAcc">
		</set>
		<set name="TP-Off-SAM-LowBuff-NoRegain-FullAcc">   <--------------
		</set>
</group>
Code
<elseif spell="Trigger2">
				<if advanced='"$ZAcc"="LowAcc"'>
					<var cmd="set ZAcc MidAcc"/>
					<addtochat>Accuracy Level: Mid</addtochat>
				</if>
				<elseif advanced='"$ZAcc"="MidAcc"'>
					<var cmd="set ZAcc HighAcc"/>    <-----------
					<addtochat>Accuracy Level: High</addtochat>
				</elseif>
				<else>
					<var cmd="set ZAcc LowAcc"/>
					<addtochat>Accuracy Level: Low</addtochat>
				</else>
			</elseif>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-08 21:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for catching that, I'll go ahead and fix it on Pastebin. Going to change the default time for midcast swaps to CastingTime-0.5 as well; if there are still issues then I'll consider adjusting it further. Spells with a short cast time (~1-1.5 seconds) may experience some issues if you have a high amount of Fast Cast (Alacrity, basically); I'll implement something to deal with this in the future. I'm slammed with work and whatnot right now, so any additions won't go out until near the end of next week at the very earliest.
By Solrain 2012-06-08 22:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
tbh mostly i dont even know what Nightfyre's SC does and what i would need to do to work with it lol and thats somehow the mainproblem.. that i am looking at it and have no clue what i need to do (ingame) to make it use w/e is in there. Dunno what "triggerx" is and stuff like that

In the chatlog, you can just type //trigger1, //trigger2 etc. to cycle between set. If you want to make a macro (recommended for a few sets, namely TP), you can just put: /ma "Trigger 1" <me>, /ma "Trigger 2" <me> etc. in the macro lines, like you would with any normal spell or ability (Is there an easier way to do this? I could never get triggers to work with any / in macros, so I just type it as a spell).

So for instance, /ma "Trigger 2" <me> will cycle through your variable accuracy TP sets (the part at the end with LowAcc/MidAcc/FullAcc).
Code
<group name="Ragnarok" inherit="DRK">
		<set name="TP-Off-SAM-LowBuff-NoRegain-LowAcc">
		</set>
		<set name="TP-Off-SAM-LowBuff-NoRegain-MidAcc">
		</set>
		<set name="TP-Off-SAM-LowBuff-NoRegain-FullAcc">
		</set>
		<set name="TP-Off-SAM-LowBuff-Regain-LowAcc">
		</set>
		<set name="TP-Off-SAM-LowBuff-Regain-MidAcc">
		</set>
		<set name="TP-Off-SAM-LowBuff-Regain-FullAcc">
		</set>

etc.
                etc.
</group> 

Using this part of the rules:
Code
<elseif spell="trigger*">
			<if spell="Trigger2">
				<if advanced='"$ZAcc"="LowAcc"'>
					<var cmd="set ZAcc MidAcc"/>
					<addtochat>Accuracy Level: Mid</addtochat>
				</if>
				<elseif advanced='"$ZAcc"="MidAcc"'>
					<var cmd="set ZAcc FullAcc"/>
					<addtochat>Accuracy Level: High</addtochat>
				</elseif>
				<else>
					<var cmd="set ZAcc LowAcc"/>
					<addtochat>Accuracy Level: Low</addtochat>
				</else>
			</if>

Each time you hit the Trigger 2 macro, it will cycle between the three variable accuracy sets. So before you go into a fight that you know you're going to be needing your max accuracy set, hit your Trigger 2 until it changes to your high accuracy set (he even makes it so that it adds which set you're currently on into the chat). You can even change it mid-fight if a mob uses an evasion buff or something and it will automatically change into that set. The best part is, if you use a WS/JA/spell, it will automatically revert back to the TP set you have selected.

It all makes sense once you figure it out. I know how daunting it can be at first to see this huge *** xml but I promise it's more than worth it once you use it. Make your Ragnarok a happy little sword!
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-06-10 07:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Solrain said: »
It all makes sense once you figure it out. I know how daunting it can be at first to see this huge *** xml but I promise it's more than worth it once you use it. Make your Ragnarok a happy little sword!

Thx alot for explaining it to me :D Its not for me, its for my bf and well he is like a total SC-Noob. (even more then me hehe) Can i just reduce some of the file by removing too much spezialization into the different sets? Lika any Aftermath stuff?
Well maybe i just keep it and tell him just to use some of the triggers for now lol
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2012-06-10 13:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If he's not using Apocalypse then the aftermath stuff will never matter. You can just completely ignore that section and leave it blank gearwise.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-06-10 14:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yea thats why i wanted to cut it out so the file gets shorter ^^ He somehow never finds where to maybe change some stuff when he want to change some gear.Haveing less sets there would make it easyer. But probably would screw up more when just removing those sets and rules where they are used ><
 Cerberus.Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2012-06-13 10:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely loving SC thanks to you guys (Night + Solrain). There's just 1 thing I could think of that I'd like to add but I don't wanna mess with the xml on my own just yet. How would I go about adding a rule about swapping in Bale Flanchard +2 for Nether Void?

My guess is something like:
Code
<set name="Nether">
			<body>Bale Flanchard +2</body>

Would that be enough? Or would I need to add a rule (which confuse the crap out of me still) for SC to auto-swap gear whenever I hit the JA?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-13 17:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd add a rule similar to the Abyss Burgeonet +2 and Chaos Sollerets rules. I'll add it tonight, along with rules for Abyss Cuirass +2 (Blood Weapon duration +10 seconds) and Abyss Gauntlets +2 (Diabolic Eye duration +6 seconds per merit).

Need to rework the Abyss Burgeonet +2 rule as well; didn't realize it needs to be equipped when the spell fires. It'll function like the new Mekira rule once I push this update out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-06-27 00:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody found an issues when /RDM or when casting Enfeebles?

I've been DRK/RDM for the past few nights as I've been soloing WotG missions, and I've probably had the game crash on me 20 times over the past two nights. Crashes seem to always come when casting Enfeebling spells (Diaga, Poisonga, Silence), and not at any other time. I've run through a number of Dark Magic spells with out a crash. Quite a number of weapon skills and still no problem.

I just tested it as DRK/WAR casting Poisonga and it crashed right on queue. So perhaps this is an Enfeebling magic rule and not the subjob like I originally thought.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-27 11:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not having any issues with enfeebling spells. Are you using any new gear? If so, are your resources files up to date?
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-06-27 20:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Resources should be completely up to date, but I don't have anything new in any set let alone an Enfeebling set. I commented out the Enfeebling section and I haven't had a single issue since. It still puts on Fast Cast gear during precast, and then aftercast sets with out a crash.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-27 20:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically this is Weapon Bash v2. ***'s sake...

Trying to find time for some tweaks so I can get 1.2 out, I'll PM you whenever I get around to that and see if I can figure it out/if the problem goes away. I don't think it's strictly the xml though since I've not had any problems, which if anything is more frustrating.
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-06-27 20:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the work on this. This has saved me a crazy amount of time, and let me focus more on testing builds than trying to piece together the XML.

Ultimately I don't generally need the Enfeebling kit/rule, but I've been soloing WotG Missions and Quests as DRK/RDM. Spamming Diaga or Poisonga caused a number of crashes, but this is the first time I've used Enfeeblings since your first post.

One question and I guess one suggestion/request.

1) Is there a way to prevent the log from showing the Group change when Aftermath is shown? It is a great way to let me know my Aftermath wore off, but sometimes it covers up some useful stuff on screen.

2) Since I'm working for my TP Bonus +25 Moonshade earring I was considering a WS rule that knew to equip a secondary earring for when I have 300% TP; like in Voidwatch situations.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-27 22:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Is there a way to prevent the log from showing the Group change when Aftermath is shown? It is a great way to let me know my Aftermath wore off, but sometimes it covers up some useful stuff on screen.
Not that I'm aware of, sorry. It's annoying to me too, would much prefer a notification in the chatlog.

Quote:
2) Since I'm working for my TP Bonus +25 Moonshade earring I was considering a WS rule that knew to equip a secondary earring for when I have 300% TP; like in Voidwatch situations.
I've got this in my copy of the xml, just hadn't gotten around to updating the pastebin copy since I've still got a couple things left on the to-add list. Rarely logging in makes me lazy about coding.
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-06-30 13:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Not that I'm aware of, sorry. It's annoying to me too, would much prefer a notification in the chatlog.
Came across this:
Code
console_displayactivity 0
console_fadedelay 0

I'm pretty sure console_displayactivity is on or off. There are times when it would be helpful to see a plugin crash - like BlinkMeNot is prone to doing - but I think you can use console_fadedelay to greatly reduce how long it's there. Mine seems to be at the default of 3500.

Found that while in the middle of a Prov run, I'll see about testing it later.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-06-30 20:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Aha, so there is something. Good find.

Also of potential interest are console_position and console_color. The latter supports alpha values as well as RGB, so you could render the console log semi-transparent. There's console_clear too but you'd want to re-clear it periodically.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
Server: Phoenix
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2012-07-01 23:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else had an issue with the TPDefensive set? When I toggle Trigger7, the xml seems to act as if there is nothing in the TPDefensive set, leaving on my idle set, or whatever gear I have on, when I engage or update.

Edit: I found the reason this wasn't working. Under Trigger7
Code
<if advanced='"$TPDefensive"="Off"'>
			<var cmd="set TPDefensive TPDefensive"/>

Adding "TP" to the second "TPDefensive" shown above made the trigger work for me.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-07-03 03:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to toggle console_displayactivity off when changing blinkmenot settings to effectively 'no blinks' during WSing only so I could see skillchains but always be sure my other swaps fired, then toggle both in turn again. Still spammed up my console but at least it didn't pop up every WS.
By Fafnir 2012-07-10 18:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre, thank you for this. I just started getting into XMLs and yours is very well written and easy to understand.

If possible, could you include something for a Voidwatch TP sets (I believe VW is considered a buff). With atmacites giving me upwards to 8% haste I've regularly been using different TP sets, similar to Apoc aftermath up.

Thanks again
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-11 15:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll look in to it. Adding it as a new variable would add another 24 sets per weapon group, so I'd like to pursue alternative options if possible rather than further inflate set count.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-07-12 10:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear god... I was looking at your sc... do you have a copy available with gear already set up. Feels like it would take me a life time.