Looking For Good Xml That Utilizes Apocalypse

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Looking for good xml that utilizes Apocalypse
Looking for good xml that utilizes Apocalypse
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2012-05-13 01:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairly new to all of this and am having the above-mentioned aftermath issue, in that after using Cata, it just switches back to regular tp gear rather than Aftermath. It does successfully switch out of aftermath gear back to regular tp upon aftermath wearing off after using a windower macro to put aftermath gear on. Autoexec has this:
Code
<register event="gainbuff_Aftermath|losebuff_Aftermath|gainbuff_Haste|losebuff_Haste|gainbuff_Last*|losebuff_Last*|gainbuff_Embrava|losebuff_Embrava|gainbuff_March|losebuff_March">Update</register>

Is there something else I need to do that I'm missing?

Additionally, I'm having an issue where my neck slot switches just fine for WS and casting, but does not switch back for tp or idle set (yes, everything is spelled correctly). Any ideas on this?
Code
                    <ammo>Hagneia stone</ammo>
                	<head>Bale burgeonet +2</head>
               		<neck>Ganesha's mala</neck>
                	<lear>Brutal Earring</lear>
               	 	<rear>Bale Earring</rear>
                	<body>Armada hauberk</body>
                	<hands>Bale gauntlets +2</hands>
                	<lring>Tyrant's Ring</lring>
                	<rring>Rajas ring</rring>
                	<back>Atheling Mantle</back>
                	<waist>Phasmida belt</waist>
                	<legs>Phorcys dirs</legs>
                	<feet>Ace's leggings</feet>
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2012-05-13 11:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was having this issue myself until I starting reading through the ?Trigger commands in Night's XML. Just use the Trigger to turn Refresh Neck to off and it should stop equipping Bale Choker.
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2012-05-13 14:41:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Alistrianna, any chance you can explain to me like I'm 5 exactly what I need to change? I'm spellcast illiterate. It's pretty amazing I could even put my gear sets in.

Edit: Also, still need help with getting it to put on aftermath gear if anyone has input on that.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-13 14:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
I'm actually having difficulties with the autoexec march/embrava sets. Not swapping in and the toggle has the sets enabled.
Code
<autoexec>
   <register event="gainbuff_Aftermath|losebuff_Aftermath|gainbuff_Haste|losebuff_Haste|gainbuff_Last*|losebuff_Last*|gainbuff_Embrava|losebuff_Embrava|gainbuff_March|losebuff_March">Update</register>
</autoexec>

is all I have in my autoexec xml. Completely new to using autoexec, so not sure if this is a problem on my end or not.
Sorry, had a typo in the rules. Fixed. Also fixed a minor error in the magic rules and removed redundant Last Resort rules. Apoc Aftermath issue will have to wait until tonight or tomorrow.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2012-05-13 17:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ayrendel said: »
Alistrianna, any chance you can explain to me like I'm 5 exactly what I need to change? I'm spellcast illiterate. It's pretty amazing I could even put my gear sets in.

Edit: Also, still need help with getting it to put on aftermath gear if anyone has input on that.

Just type //Trigger4 into the chat box and it should turn Bale Choker on/off.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-05-13 18:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Have yet to test the autoexec sets, but I can replicate the stun crashing. Every time without fail if I hit my stun macro multiple times it will crash. Also something interesting and semi-related, I'm sure all of you have seen the Moogles that can spawn in jeuno, if you do the distance trigger on your moogle in your MH and then exit, the distance trigger will point you to the exact location that they spawn outside. lol
edit: You can apparently use this to track any NPC, going to see if it works on things like ???s.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-13 21:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly have no idea what the problem is there. Does it generate any debug data before crashing? Does it simply throw an error, or does your computer lock up first?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-13 21:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ayrendel said: »

The xml uses dummy spells to toggle certain variable values, such as whether or not Bale Choker is equipped. My xmls are not designed for plug-and-play, they're meant to give you a high level of control over what you have equipped at any given time and only automate when doing so does not significantly compromise that control.
By Gimpness 2012-05-13 22:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

How would I get spellcast/autoexec to auto-load an autoexec file on startup? (if it's even possible...)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-13 22:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The login event could be used to load an xml on login. I'm not aware of any way to make it load a specific xml based on your job when you log in though, if that's what you're getting at. Closest thing to that would be the jobchange/jobchangefull events.
By Gimpness 2012-05-13 22:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm alright. I'll try that~

thanks for the response :3
 Shiva.Azbarimon
user: azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-17 22:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

has the Aftermath problem been sorted out with Night's XML yet? I just finished editing my gear into teh XML and it doesn't appear to change to AM properly.

EDIT: Also noticing the Last Resort toggle just turns Twilight sets on/off.
The Attack Trigger doesn't seem to wanna change once its set to low. (it could be I'm just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and not doing something properly)
I'm also not experiencing a crash when attempting to Stun twice for Weaponbash, but it still doesn't bash and I have to reload the XML before it will work again. Not sure how helpful this info is.
 Lakshmi.Odude
Server: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-05-22 00:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I've heard mixed responses to using anrin obi for non-self targeted Dark Magic spells on the corresponding day/weather. I was never able to get a rule in place that I liked, so I don't have any test data to provide. However, could you recommend a means of incorporating it into Drains/Aspirs?

I was also curious about the placement of Fast Cast items in sets when there's a Fast Cast set and rule. Was this done on purpose, or just left in to have something in those sections?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-24 17:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Azbarimon said: »
has the Aftermath problem been sorted out with Night's XML yet? I just finished editing my gear into teh XML and it doesn't appear to change to AM properly.
Yes, that has been fixed.

Quote:
Also noticing the Last Resort toggle just turns Twilight sets on/off.
This is an issue with Spellcast itself and also occurs with Trigger12 (which is being recognized as Trigger2). I doubt Hyshio will fix this in a timely manner, so I'm going to change the designated trigger spells for those two variables for now.

Quote:
The Attack Trigger doesn't seem to wanna change once its set to low.
Fixed.

Quote:
I'm also not experiencing a crash when attempting to Stun twice for Weaponbash, but it still doesn't bash and I have to reload the XML before it will work again. Not sure how helpful this info is.
Really wish I knew what the issue is here. I'm going to deactivate the Weapon Bash rule for now until I can get a better idea of what's going on or develop an alternative rule.

Lakshmi.Odude said: »
I've heard mixed responses to using anrin obi for non-self targeted Dark Magic spells on the corresponding day/weather. I was never able to get a rule in place that I liked, so I don't have any test data to provide. However, could you recommend a means of incorporating it into Drains/Aspirs?
Added. Obi currently equips only on Drain and Aspir spells, if there's anything else you'd like an obi to equip for then let me know and I'll add it. If you don't have the obi, set the AnrinObi variable to "no" in the vars list.

Quote:
I was also curious about the placement of Fast Cast items in sets when there's a Fast Cast set and rule. Was this done on purpose, or just left in to have something in those sections?
I don't understand your question.

EDIT: Azbarimon, did you get any error messages or experience slowdown with the old Weapon Bash rule? It just occurred to me that it might be related to a different issue that popped up in an intermediary build.

http://pastebin.com/u/Nightfyre for anybody wanting the link. TP set names have changed slightly in this update (hybrid PDT variable was renamed along with its values), so be aware when copying your sets over.
 Shiva.Azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-24 18:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing strange occurred when I attempted the Stun x2 function. There was no error message displayed nor did the game slow down any. It simply did not work and spellcast stopped functioning until I reloaded the XML.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-24 18:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird... I'll look into an alternative rule for the next update then. Thanks for the info.
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-05-24 23:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Added. Obi currently equips only on Drain and Aspir spells, if there's anything else you'd like an obi to equip for then let me know and I'll add it. If you don't have the obi, set the AnrinObi variable to "no" in the vars list.
Thank you!

Quote:
Quote:
I don't understand your question.
In the version I first saw, you had a few sets in place that had specific Fast Cast gear in them. So there was a Fast Cast set, and then I think the Endark set had the loquacious earring and prolix ring in the set. So your rule of pre-loading Fast Cast for spells over .5 second casting times (Which was brilliant, btw.) would have loaded the earring and ring in precast, and then the set would have loaded them again. I didn't know if the gear was left in for a reason, or just happened to be in the set and were never removed.

Are the groups for Weapon 3 or 4 required for anything, or are they there as a template for people who might have a few different Scythes/Great Swords? I was going to cut them out all together just to shorten it up a bit and get right into the next section.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-25 00:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

In the version I first saw, you had a few sets in place that had specific Fast Cast gear in them. So there was a Fast Cast set, and then I think the Endark set had the loquacious earring and prolix ring in the set. So your rule of pre-loading Fast Cast for spells over .5 second casting times (Which was brilliant, btw.) would have loaded the earring and ring in precast, and then the set would have loaded them again. I didn't know if the gear was left in for a reason, or just happened to be in the set and were never removed.
If you got it straight off my pastebin and there was any gear in an old release besides the movement, twilight, and refresh neck sets, it was something I forgot to take out after testing. I don't remember ever writing in those two items, but that doesn't really mean anything.

Quote:
Are the groups for Weapon 3 or 4 required for anything, or are they there as a template for people who might have a few different Scythes/Great Swords? I was going to cut them out all together just to shorten it up a bit and get right into the next section.
The copies are not required; all four of the base weapon groups are identical aside from name. Delete or add as needed, as long as you have groups labeled properly for your weapons of choice you're all set. I may trim the default down to three groups in a future release.
 Shiva.Azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-25 17:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had a few issues arise with the revised XML.

Dread Spikes is not switching to its designated gear set for midcasts and no spell I've used so far swaps to an aftercast. Is there a variable I need to adjust for this at all?

IdleMovement and RefreshNeck /Triggers do not appears to be functioning at all nor do they appear to affect gear swaps. Both Triggers set status to OFF only. I used /sc var set to adjust the modes manually and still did not affect gears swaps for either item.

I hope this feedback is useful Nightfyre and please let me know if I'm just doing something wrong.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-25 17:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
IdleMovement and RefreshNeck /Triggers do not appears to be functioning at all nor do they appear to affect gear swaps. Both Triggers set status to OFF only. I used /sc var set to adjust the modes manually and still did not affect gears swaps for either item.
EDIT: Or it could be staring me in the face. Fixed.

Quote:
Dread Spikes is not switching to its designated gear set for midcasts and no spell I've used so far swaps to an aftercast. Is there a variable I need to adjust for this at all?
It's searching for "Dread" instead of "Dread Spikes". Don't ask me why, though I'd guess it's the same reason you have to only name your groups with the first word of your weapon name. I'll rename the set. Aftercast is likely due to the previous issue.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-25 18:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, fixed and uploaded as v1.11. Sorry about that.
 Shiva.Azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-25 18:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Night! Everything works great now.
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-05-25 20:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume this should be set to $IdleType?

Code
<set name="Resting" baseset="Idle">
</set>

I can't see any other set named just Idle, so this would only change the items entered.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-25 21:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

$IdleType works, or you could specify one of the idle sets if you so desire.
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-05-28 12:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When testing a new spellcast I turn on ShowGearSwaps to make sure the right stuff is in place. With the recent build I'm seeing a 15 second loop while Idle. (I haven't left my Mog House today, so I'm not sure yet if it's happening while Engaged.)

I'm not sure what rule is being refreshed here, and I don't see anything in the rules that hint at a 15 second interval. Is this supposed to be happening in the background, or a run away rule?

[EDIT]
Found it. It's the autoexec:
Code
<register event="hpp_*|mpp_*">Update</register>
<register event="tp_0">Update</register>

When MP is at 100%, should it then switch to Regen? Or does it have an increased priority on MP? And out of curiosity, what exactly does the tp_0 event do? I didn't see a description on the AutoExec page for that variable.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-28 13:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Priority for idle sets is location (towns) > HP% > MP%, and the default setting is to swap when you're above 90% on those stats. The TP_0 event was added to automate group swapping when you change weapons. I'm not entirely sure it's going to stay since it won't automate the appropriate gearswaps if you're changing weapon from the equipment menu, but I haven't made up my mind on that yet.
 Lakshmi.Odude
By Lakshmi.Odude 2012-05-28 13:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It appears to be ignoring HP. Switched to /RDM and Converted, and it keeps putting on bale choker instead of wiglen gorget. Since you mentioned location as the first condition, I exited into E. Saruta and it's doing the same thing. Every time I put the gorget on, it switches to the choker at the next interval check.
 Shiva.Azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-28 19:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

the default setting for IdleRefreshNeck (Bale Choker) is ON, you need to disable it using the /ma Trigger# to allow the spellcast to equip your Wiglen Gorget.
 Shiva.Azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-30 13:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightfyre, would AutoExec cause Spellcast to crash if it attempts a gear swap while porting up in Nyzul Isle? I used the xml during a run and had to reload it a few times because gear swaps stopped occurring.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-30 13:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

AutoExec triggers Update and all gearswaps via Update are prevented if zoning, so it would potentially depend on whether or not porting generates the zoning status. Alternatively, it might be the midcast rules since they don't currently have that restriction in place. I'll take a look and see if I can get it sorted out.