First Page 2 3 ... 379 380 381 ... 445 446 447
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-23 17:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
Nothing links so dart for ranged pull if you want to be super safe.
Ghosts link? Or maybe they aggro magic I dunno, I was at like ~20 yalms from one Ghost which I tried to pull (with white but not full HP) with Glutinous Dart but 3 came at me.

One meleed me for 789 (crit!), the other 2 hit me for ~290 and baaam, dead Sechs.
It's how I wiped lol.
I was in my 50DT Idle set too! I think...
These mobs die fast and have basically no acc requirement but they sure hit pretty hard, or harder than you'd expect let's say.

I meaaan, if I were to do this on THF I think I'd want a boomerang to pull mobs. Definitely can't rely on Provoke alone. And I would use a tank trust on THF me thinks.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-03-23 17:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You likely toggled to yellow briefly, I've had that happen on the pull and they definitely don't link or aggro magic since I pull them on RDM with silence and never get any aggro or link unless I flicker to below 75%.
By Autocast 2020-03-23 18:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I thf/run when I was farming floor 1/2 trash for scales, can flash pull. But on thief I could easily just body pull 2-4 and trusts had no issue keeping me alive in a 40%~ PDT hybrid set.

These mobs, on floor 1/2, seem to have really low acc. they constantly miss thief with melee attacks and physical tp moves. I always avoided casting skeletons (ones with scythe) and slimes/ghosts.

Cant imagine sudden lunge not lasting long enough for two WS given how these mobs don't seem to have any sort of resist, but I haven't actually used blu in there so idk. would prob just melee to 1k tp, sudden lunge > ws > ws and onto next mob.

Never been hit as hard as you were on floor1/2 by melee hits, do remember eating 3x 700dmg nukes from skeletons on my first ever run when I didn't have shell and aggro a few.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-23 18:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
You likely toggled to yellow briefly, I've had that happen on the pull and they definitely don't link or aggro magic since I pull them on RDM with silence and never get any aggro or link unless I flicker to below 75%.
Oh... maybe during my precast/midcast set I have so much hp swaps that I ended up yellow for like half a sec, could be.

What the blood aggro range? 25 yalms?
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 19:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
5) Like Simon said, I think I need Demoralizing Roar, basically never used Tenebral because I didn't want to wake stuff up, with Roar I wouldn't have this issue and I would get -20% Def down, with that maybe I'd be able to oneshot with 1 WS.

It's -20% attack down, not def :D
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-23 19:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

:'(
By Autocast 2020-03-23 21:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Frightful Roar is the AoE def down, only 10% tho.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-03-24 08:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Party of one checking into Club Banana.

[+]
By geigei 2020-03-24 09:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Party of one checking into Club Banana.

Now make a thibron and have fun.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-03-24 15:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember thinking man this r15 Almace, nothing can out do me when I start CDC these suckers. WRONG!!! Tizona the best thing I ever did in FFXI.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-27 00:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
I remember thinking man this r15 Almace, nothing can out do me when I start CDC these suckers. WRONG!!! Tizona the best thing I ever did in FFXI.

Yup! I love my Tizona haha. Didn't decide to make it til I was running out of MP on Oman bosses but man there was no turning back after that..

Anyway!

I have a question for my fellow BLUs, in recent events with the Covid-19 jamming most all of us up in our houses with nothing to do, I have decided to go collecting all of the BLU spells I did not previously have. So I saw one that had potential usefulness, Reaving Wind.

I have tried for 2, probably closer to 3 hours now, does anyone know how to make those damn Amphipteres in Xarcabard (S) to come down???

I tried running up and Resting Directly in front of, underneath, to the left, to the right, inside of them and they will not come down. I tried doing the same but at varying distances from the mob just incase SE placed it's aggro range away from it and I even went as far as to bring my alt on a Lv. 63 job just to sweeten the pot and it refuses to come down.

I read up on comments from ffxiclopedia and saw some mentions of Magic Agro and tried that, no dice. I even remember some players reporting the mobs coming down and "Eating" other mobs so I grabbed a Gigas Tiger and dangled it in front of it, Full HP and 22% HP, Nothing works.

Whats the trick with this thing? xD

*EDIT*
Nevermind, got it off of Turul. I still wanna know what the deal is with the normal Amphipteres though, there some sort of trick? lol
 Ragnarok.Galiber
Server: Ragnarok
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2020-03-27 07:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing R15 Sailfi belt +1 new BiS for Expiacion, yay?
POSSIBLY tp also, but I know the whole 2QA vs 5DA diminishing returns etc etc.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-27 08:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Amphipteres are sight aggro (right below and in front of them), but their vision cones are really janky and sometimes don't register properly based on where they're flying.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-03-27 09:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind there are a couple flying around that won't aggro IIRC. I think there are 2 flying around the outpost and only 1 will aggro.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-27 12:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
I'm guessing R15 Sailfi belt +1 new BiS for Expiacion, yay?
POSSIBLY tp also, but I know the whole 2QA vs 5DA diminishing returns etc etc.

BiS for Big-Hit WSs like Savage and Expiacion yeah; Basically replaces Prosillio Belt +1.

I just quick-checked for TP use and its still losing to Windbuffet. Not by a significant ammount. On my end it's losing by 50.125 so you could probably call it a wash and gain an inventory slot.

HOWEVER, that's the number I'm getting, wouldn't want Simon to go flying off the rails lol.

Asura.Geriond said: »
Amphipteres are sight aggro (right below and in front of them), but their vision cones are really janky and sometimes don't register properly based on where they're flying.

Yeah, you name it, I tried it. Full Circle Dancing, Low-lvl Alt, Tried to "Clip it" with an AoE while a mob was right under it.. Nothing was working and it also doesnt help that the *** is moving soooooo muuuuuuuch.

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Keep in mind there are a couple flying around that won't aggro IIRC. I think there are 2 flying around the outpost and only 1 will aggro.

I didn't know about this. I tried google searching, BG-Wiki has almost nothing and ffxiclopedia only has "I killed it solo with this" all over it. I was only trying to get the East Amph, the one you'd see first coming from Beaucidine. I hadn't considered trying for the Western-most one. I'll give it a shot lol. At this point I just wanna aggro one just out of being agitated by it
By SimonSes 2020-03-27 12:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
HOWEVER, that's the number I'm getting, wouldn't want Simon to go flying off the rails lol.

I use Reiki+Eabani, because I set dual wield 4 usually :D
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-27 16:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

I PM'd you about that, but I always set DW3. Pretty close to the OP's "Zahak Reborn" setup but with Paralyzing Triad swapped out with Embalming Earth since I don't CDC very much anymore and just spam Expiacion. Usually with left over slots for Sleepga, Cocoon, Blink, w/e I want/need at the time.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-03-27 16:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you’re far enough along in Voidwatch just do

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Agathos

That’s what gave me reaving
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-03-27 17:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »

Great tip, thanks!
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-27 17:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »

Ohhh yeahhh, I forgot all about that guy. No, I have all of VW done just completely forgot about that thing xD. I went and killed Turul for it, Agathos would have been faster though for sure.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-03-27 17:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There's also Zirnitra if you're having problems getting aggro from an Amphitere, seems easier to aggro that.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-03-29 19:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tizona users - what is your go to multi-step SC when soloing stuff?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-03-29 19:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

i don't see why, DW4 only needs 6DW not 11 like DW3 does.
By Shichishito 2020-03-29 20:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

CDC -> CDC = Light.
if you feeling cute every 2 minutes: Expiacion -> chain affinity + Thrashing assault -> Savage Blade -> CDC = Fusion -> Light -> double Light.
but rly just Expiacion -> Expiacion = Winning.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-03-29 20:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish Expi chained with itself ;;
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2020-03-29 20:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

With skillchain bonus trait, I find that req > expia: dark does more dmg than double expia. And then you can mb tenebral. I do that a lot on like t3 zitah pulse farm else just spamming expia gets boring reallll quick
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-02 18:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than for BLU skill midcast sets and for Convergence/Diffusion, can anybody think about possible uses for Relic+3 head and feet?
Any use? Even secondary use?

I dunno, they don't excel in the stats, in the acc, in the macc, they do have a ton of attack, but that's it?

Head is of course BiS for breath spells but breath spells suck so meh.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-04-02 18:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Physical BLU spells and Requiescat?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-04-02 18:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I use head for Savage Blade since I don't feel like trying to augment a Herc Helm for it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-02 19:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I use head for Savage Blade since I don't feel like trying to augment a Herc Helm for it.
I use Perf Lilitu Headpiece for the same reasons you said.
Luhlaza+3 would be -2 STR, +12 MND, +27 Att, -3% WSD. (and acc+37)
Yeah I guess it could be moderately better, at uncapped att for sure.
Not sure when att is capped hmm. Thanks though, I didn't think about that.

@Lunafreya
lolrequiescat
I think I use Jhakri+2 for my Requiescat but yeah, I guess Relic+3 head/feet should probably beat Jhakri. Slightly less acc but more MND and way more att. Yep, should win.
First Page 2 3 ... 379 380 381 ... 445 446 447