users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 378 379 380 ... 446 447 448
By geigei 2020-03-20 02:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
- Fixing of BA and CA.
I'd like to see that working like sch's books, 5 charges.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-03-20 03:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

At the very least, like was said earlier, we should get a message saying when our additional effects land. I wonder if anyone ever asked about that?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-20 03:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not just a BLU thing but yeah that'd be a nice QOL update.
By SimonSes 2020-03-20 04:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Animation lock is a thing so all of these averages will go down in field. You will never be able to fire off perfectly at 1000 TP because of Animation Lock and Multi-Attack causing Over-TP. This is especially prevalent with WSs like Resolution that have VERY long animations. However Savage, Expiacion and Fudo are more or less the same and should experience losses equally.

There is not such thing like Animation lock lol
All WSs has the same delay, regardless of animation. IF you get 1000TP before your Resolution animation ends, you can WS again while still being in WS animation from previous WS.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-20 04:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Yes it is true, the gap truly is not as wide as you thought. You even didn't know about DRG, so can we really think your word on this is right? BLU has fallen quite a bit behind with the lack of updates.

My jobsite shut down from COVID-19... So I took the time to actually do this. Only did BLU vs COR so far. Might do RDM later, haven't decided yet(Its a lot of time)

As for DRG, I already admitted that I didn't know. I never see it and when I ask others about it all I get is "Meh" so that was my mistake.

These were constructed with the BiS settups for both BLU and COR from their respective forums and placed side by side. Adjustments to COR's Acc, Attack, Skill were made in COR's weapons to reflect the differences so as not to embellish COR's power. Both were given the same buffs and support and as equal a stride as possible. Certain gears were Augmented to represent the WSD from DRG sub because I simply don't know how to add the tables for them? I'm a Pipefitter/Welder I know complex laws of Thermodynamics and Metallurgy but operating a spreadsheet was never in my profession.

THIS IS NOT A DOWN ON CORSAIR, I LOVE CORSAIR AND THEY ARE, IMO, THE MOST ESSENTIAL BUFFER IN THE PARTY NEXT TO GEO
but Corsair's absolute best Melee DPS is 16.575% behind BLU's. SE has been making it so they can contribute more but that's still a very far cry from catching us.

and just as extra food for thought, I ran the numbers against one of the biggest DPS, SAM.

With the exact same conditions we are very seriously on SAM's heels when it's Meditate is down (2.103%)and fairly close when it's Meditate is up (7.843%). Quick caveats to bear in mind. Animation lock is a thing so all of these averages will go down in field. You will never be able to fire off perfectly at 1000 TP because of Animation Lock and Multi-Attack causing Over-TP. This is especially prevalent with WSs like Resolution that have VERY long animations. However Savage, Expiacion and Fudo are more or less the same and should experience losses equally. It should also be made known that SAM will likely mop the floor with BLU if it's able to Skillchain. There's no way to get around that, especially for SAM. This was nothing more than food for thought.

I say again, I'm with you. I want BLU to get more updates, I'm sick and tired of being skipped on Juicy gears and only getting little side grades but you must understand that BLU is very powerful. The Expiacion Average is 45953, there are spikes nearly hitting 60k. Like Eiryl said, we're stronger than we should be. We can hand a Top-DPS his *** if it slips up, and that shouldn't rightfully be possible given how flexible this job is.

I can easily say just from looking at this, that this sheet is broken as ***. Wsd on Tizona? Also this is not how you add wsd from drg. Also this tp set is for fodder mobs. You will be using 5/5 malignance or mix of malignance with 1-2 Adhemar pieces.

Last time I checked BLU we had like 8200 dps and not much has changed since then.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-20 07:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I can easily say just from looking at this, that this sheet is broken as ***.

Evidently not that easily because nothing was tampered with. I took the sheet, I added gears, applied buffs, and made what corrections I could to account for modern equipment. And corrected for COR Rolls reaching +8 now vs the +5 the sheet had on it's last update.

Wsd on Tizona?
Link to the sheet. https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51198/currently-maintained-dps-spreadsheets/
In there somewhere is a table for Tizona's Expiacion properties that are not accessible to the user. Or its somewhere only the mod/owner can get to. You can get to the WS itself, WSC, fTP, etc but the Damage bonus that's directly tied to Tizona is no where to be found. If you clone Tizona and try to use anything other than that specific one you suffer a large damage loss so it's definitely in there somewhere that can't be openly accessed. So my only option for adding the Augment's value was to treat it as WSD. Yes, It will fail to account for sub-hand hits and extra hits but its the closest thing I could get to a workaround.

Also this is not how you add wsd from drg.

Then prey tell! Don't be pedantic, show us the proper fix then! If we're going to squabble over minor points here and there, bring out the good stuff. Fix SAM's while your at it, there's no appropriated measure for Masamune's Augment, Naegling's Savage Blade or DRG sub in either of them.

Also this tp set is for fodder mobs. You will be using 5/5 malignance or mix of malignance with 1-2 Adhemar pieces.

Again, same problem. No way to add for PDL if I added it, the results would have been skewed so I simply left it alone. Besides that, what's your definition of "Fodder"? this is a Lv.130 target, something we'll have to set buffs for the get optimized DPS. What would you prefer? Things 70% of the player base doesn't even fight like Wave 3 mobs? I kept it aimed more towards Ambuscade mobs and UNM mobs and similar things that we fight often. The whole point of this was to illustrate the problem of "COR catching BLU in Melee SB DPS" if we start going down the lv.150+ Mobs, CORs don't Melee. Hell, BLU's probably won't melee at the point either.

Last time I checked BLU we had like 8200 dps and not much has changed since then.

well if yours is updated with weapon augments properly added, and PDL and DRG sub and all, shoot it over to Chiaia so we can all get on the same page and put a stop to this nonsense lol. And make sure you got one for SAM's Masamune and JSE +2 neck while your at it please.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-20 07:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

All WSs has the same delay, regardless of animation. IF you get 1000TP before your Resolution animation ends, you can WS again while still being in WS animation from previous WS.

Also, nope, just went and tested it just to be doubly sure.
2000+ TP, SAM sub, Lv.1 Lockstyle Greatsword. Sekkanoki Resolution and was spamming to use it again. It would not let me use 2nd Resolution at all until the Animation was nearing it's last few frames. The last big downward swing give or take. So yes! this is a thing.

I'm not a magician, go test it yourself lol.
By SimonSes 2020-03-20 07:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, nope, just went and tested it just to be doubly sure.
2000+ TP, SAM sub, Lv.1 Lockstyle Greatsword. Sekkanoki Resolution and was spamming to use it again. It would not let me use 2nd Resolution at all until the Animation was nearing it's last few frames. The last big downward swing give or take. So yes! this is a thing.

I'm not a magician, go test it yourself lol.

What you are experiencing is WS delay that is on EVERY WS regardless of animation. You can't WS for 2 sec after you WS.
By SimonSes 2020-03-20 08:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Link to the sheet. https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51198/currently-maintained-dps-spreadsheets/
In there somewhere is a table for Tizona's Expiacion properties that are not accessible to the user. Or its somewhere only the mod/owner can get to. You can get to the WS itself, WSC, fTP, etc but the Damage bonus that's directly tied to Tizona is no where to be found. If you clone Tizona and try to use anything other than that specific one you suffer a large damage loss so it's definitely in there somewhere that can't be openly accessed. So my only option for adding the Augment's value was to treat it as WSD. Yes, It will fail to account for sub-hand hits and extra hits but its the closest thing I could get to a workaround.

File > Make a copy
You can now change everything in your own copy.

Tiozna bonus is in Data D230
Change to
Code
=1 + IF(Setup!B31="Expiacion", IF(OR(Gear!B3="Tizona 90", Gear!B3="Tizona 95"), 0.15, IF(OR(Gear!B3="Tizona 99", Gear!B3="Tizona 119", Gear!B3="Tizona AG"), 0.3, IF(Gear!B3="Tizona R15", 0.495, 0))), 0)

and add "Tizona R15" to swords

Then prey tell! Don't be pedantic, show us the proper fix then! If we're going to squabble over minor points here and there, bring out the good stuff. Fix SAM's while your at it, there's no appropriated measure for Masamune's Augment, Naegling's Savage Blade or DRG sub in either of them.

Weaponskill Q3
Code
=X531*M4+IF(Setup!B6="Drg", X531*M4*0.07, 0)

Again, same problem. No way to add for PDL if I added it, the results would have been skewed so I simply left it alone. Besides that, what's your definition of "Fodder"? this is a Lv.130 target, something we'll have to set buffs for the get optimized DPS. What would you prefer? Things 70% of the player base doesn't even fight like Wave 3 mobs? I kept it aimed more towards Ambuscade mobs and UNM mobs and similar things that we fight often. The whole point of this was to illustrate the problem of "COR catching BLU in Melee SB DPS" if we start going down the lv.150+ Mobs, CORs don't Melee. Hell, BLU's probably won't melee at the point either.

PDL is not important on Malignance, because you almost for sure wont be capping attack in that TP set.

Adding 0.1 to pdif from sub would require changing a lot of cells tho. Im not gonna type all of that. No time for that.

Almost all Ambuscade mobs at VD require good accuracy in TP set. For thibron offhand that means accuracy set, not multihit set. Adhemar body and hands are fine with path A, but head, belt, legs, feet, ring 2 are not. Not to mention almost all Ambuscade VD mobs are pain in the *** with debuffs and/or damage they can hit you with, so Malignance is amazing for that. Youa re also using Tizona AM3 I assume, which means changing to Malignance is very insignificant to DPS, because of combination of AM3 and store TP. One resisted stun or few paralyze or shorter amnesia and Malignance setup will come on top in dps.

EDIT: ofc above code is only for left side setup. You would need to change cells in Data E230 and Weaponskill R3 too to get right Tizona bonus and drg WSD to right side setup.
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-20 08:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright then, I’ll tinker with it and get back.

(Edit)
Question:
You mention frequently that we’ll never hit pDIF Cap. Any particular reason for that? Unless the target resists Geo effects, capping pDIF should be all but a given if you have an Idris in party. Right now that’s really only Dyna D and one or two other NMs and one or two Ambuscade? Should be able to count on capping.

Idris + BOG + EA = 73.15%
Dia 3 = 20%
Several DEF Down effects such as TCrush or Full-Break = 20%
You’re capped and the targets defense should be 1. Or is there a Defense down cap I’m not aware of?

If you’re saying cap won’t happen against Dyna D that’s fair, but most everywhere else right now it should be open game.
By SimonSes 2020-03-20 10:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright then, I’ll tinker with it and get back.

(Edit)
Question:
You mention frequently that we’ll never hit pDIF Cap. Any particular reason for that? Unless the target resists Geo effects, capping pDIF should be all but a given if you have an Idris in party. Right now that’s really only Dyna D and one or two other NMs and one or two Ambuscade? Should be able to count on capping.

Idris + BOG + EA = 73.15%
Dia 3 = 20%
Several DEF Down effects such as TCrush or Full-Break = 20%
You’re capped and the targets defense should be 1. Or is there a Defense down cap I’m not aware of?

If you’re saying cap won’t happen against Dyna D that’s fair, but most everywhere else right now it should be open game.

I think def from VIT is separate and is not affected by def down effect, but im not sure about that really. That being said for many events including ambuscades, you wont be using BoG+EA or even Geo or you wont have Dia 3 or you wont use def down ws/spell, because it wont be needed. I also said you wont be capping attack in TP set, not in WS set. Malignance and Adhemar path A has Very low attack. Tizona and Thib also lack it. You will also use Sushi. Lastly, we are talking about PDL in TP set only and in Tizona/Thib setup and white damage gains you could get from PDL in that setup are super insignificant to overall dps.
By orangemanbad 2020-03-22 09:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have up to date Expiacion and CDC ws sets ?
By Afania 2020-03-22 09:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Im pretty sure Afania meant that putting Distract on everything in Dynamis would be kinda hard and BRD doing madrigal instead is better option BUT thats for dynamis. When you fight less mobs but stronger tho, or you dont need accuracy for trash, but need for NMs, then Distract is very useful, because it will free up song.

Huh? RDM is incredibly good in dyna D now. But mostly because of their 50k sanguine blades which is almost on par with semi decently geared cor leaden.

When you have a job that does 50k magical WS AND provide additional benefits like haste dia3 silence bind etc yes it's pretty OP. Still magical WS's fault though, not the job.

In that quotation I was speaking strictly about Distract, not RDM overall.

The DD power up applies to every job and most relevant ws. Torc is stronger, decimation is stronger, expiacion is stronger, upheaval is stronger, VS is certainly very strong....And list goes on.

Why are people keep talking Torc is that good? It's only that good if you pair it with Savagery Warcry, which is not a DRK native buff. Caladbold is not exactly a weapon that gets TP fast or have big TP overflow, so if you WS asap, then you will WS around 1000-1300TP a lot and at that range (+moonshade for effective 1250-1550) Torcleaver will "only" do like 32-39k and will have at least 5% misses (which is very significant for avg WS damage actually. Gets above numbers to like 30-37k). I mean its still good damage, but its nothing OP (definitely not close to Torcleaver myths). Idk maybe its because people really only use Caladbolg with Warcry and in Escha zergs or simply hold TP. Power of Caladblog comes from good WS AND very good white damage, not from mythical 70k avg Torcleavers.

If you consider the fact that 32k torc can generate another 32k light then yes, it IS better than 37k savage blade.

I specifically mentioned SC disadvantage for SB for this reason. If you can't sc by itself it's significant damage loss.
By orangemanbad 2020-03-22 09:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

When you nerds are done arguing hypothetical random number *** can you just answer a simple question.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-03-22 10:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

no
By orangemanbad 2020-03-22 10:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
no

*** off then.
By Shichishito 2020-03-22 10:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

orangemanbad said: »
*** off then.
orangemanmad?
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 11:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you consider the fact that 32k torc can generate another 32k light then yes, it IS better than 37k savage blade.

I specifically mentioned SC disadvantage for SB for this reason. If you can't sc by itself it's significant damage loss.

I get it, but people speaks about Torcleaver as it's super OP among all jobs. If you consider self SC, than MNK can Shijin>Vsmite>Vsmite and make like 28k>40k+>40k+ with light and double light for another 40k+ and 60k+. That trashes Torc which is limited to 2 step only. It would beat Torc even before MNK ws update, when MNK was considered as lolDPS. SAM can also trash that with its multistepping. DRG can super trash it with its 4 step umbra including 3 Stardivers. Damn even THF could trash it without sneak attack with 4step umbra. I wouldnt give much credit for Torc skillchain being that good, when you cant really solo 3 step with it unless you use Ragnarok. I seriously think all this praising for Torcleaver comes from zergs with WAR in party giving you savagery and getting some tp overflow on top of that. It's a very powerful WS in that scenario.

/offtop off
[+]
By Taint 2020-03-22 13:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair Cala is one of the top white damage weapons and pairs well with DRKs pdif/att/jas.

It’s really good for eyeballing huge numbers. I consider it the opposite of Chango for log watching.
By Afania 2020-03-22 13:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I get it, but people speaks about Torcleaver as it's super OP among all jobs. If you consider self SC, than MNK can Shijin>Vsmite>Vsmite and make like 28k>40k+>40k+ with light and double light for another 40k+ and 60k+. That trashes Torc which is limited to 2 step only. It would beat Torc even before MNK ws update, when MNK was considered as lolDPS. SAM can also trash that with its multistepping. DRG can super trash it with its 4 step umbra including 3 Stardivers. Damn even THF could trash it without sneak attack with 4step umbra. I wouldnt give much credit for Torc skillchain being that good, when you cant really solo 3 step with it unless you use Ragnarok. I seriously think all this praising for Torcleaver comes from zergs with WAR in party giving you savagery and getting some tp overflow on top of that. It's a very powerful WS in that scenario.

/offtop off

Ummm just FYI, I pretty much mentioned every WS as an example of WS getting dmg increase, not just torc...

The DD power up applies to every job and most relevant ws. Torc is stronger, decimation is stronger, expiacion is stronger, upheaval is stronger, VS is certainly very strong....And list goes on.

Nobody said "torc is a god tier WS that's better than everything else", I only said "SB isn't that godly compare with other high avg WS that can self SC"
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 13:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
To be fair Cala is one of the top white damage weapons and pairs well with DRKs pdif/att/jas.

It’s really good for eyeballing huge numbers. I consider it the opposite of Chango for log watching.

Yeah, thats the thing. It's a combination of white damage and nice, but not OP WS damage, that makes Cala great overall. Now eyeballing 3000TP Torc is what makes Torcleaver's legends XD
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 13:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

/offtop off

Ummm just FYI, I pretty much mentioned every WS as an example of WS getting dmg increase, not just torc...

Nobody said "torc is a god tier WS that's better than everything else", I only said "SB isn't that godly compare with other high avg WS that can self SC"

I'm sorry Afania, I just took your post as another excuse to talk about it. I talk about it using every excuse in every thread. I guess I shouldn't XD
By Afania 2020-03-22 13:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, thats the thing. It's a combination of white damage and nice, but not OP WS damage, that makes Cala great overall. Now eyeballing 3000TP Torc is what makes Torcleaver's legends XD

Where did you see people exaggerate torc damage in this entire discussion? Lol. It's just draylo calling SB "godly" which is farrrrrrrrr from truth.
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 13:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Where did you see people exaggerate torc damage in this entire discussion? Lol. It's just draylo calling SB "godly" which is farrrrrrrrr from truth.

Oh not here specifically. It was huge off topic on my part. It's praised a lot in general in every thread talking about DPS jobs.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-23 15:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU masters! Which set of 20 spells would you suggest for Odyssey solo? I've only done it in PT with friends so far, wanna give it a go solo and see how it feels to me.

It will be real solo, just trusts, no mules or anything else.
By Autocast 2020-03-23 15:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Standard DD set, try to fit in an AoE crowd control, heal and maybe even an AoE erase. If you're going the mob farming rout for scales then you'll timeout likely on the second floor and mobs on the 1st/2nd floor are pretty weak.

Mobs have the reduced AoE mechanic in that only the main mob takes full damage and any other mobs seem to take 90% reduced, so cleaving isn't an option.

Wont run into any resist issues (unless the mob family just naturally resists an element) Just pull > CC adds > Sudden lunge at mid-low hp and finish kill. Rinse and repeat. Would suggest avoiding things like caster skeletons, ghosts and slimes, likely not worth the time.

Mobs seem to be heavily impacted by TH if you're just going to farm trash mobs for scales, so make sure you TH4 at least, or go thief if you have the option.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-23 16:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The set I normally use for DPS is the following
I found it on page 1 of this thread.

The set I was thinking to use for Odyssey is the following:
I'm left with 3 free points and 1 slot but I don't think I can put anything useful in there. Glutinous Dart to pull maybe?
I'm actually questioning Occultation, I dunno. Would it really be that useful? I don't plan to be using a Trust tank simply because I'm not confident in him being able to hold hate from me, so might as well act as a tank myself on a hybrid set.

Don't think I'm gonna need an AoE removal, I'm confident on Monberaux and Ygnas to be pretty fast on removing debuffs.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-23 17:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Occultation is good to have. Some mobs there have way over 1000+ single target TP moves. You dont want to get few crit hits + TP move during WS. Might end up bad.

Demoralizing Roar instead of Heavy Strike or Empty Trash could also be good for the same reason.
By Autocast 2020-03-23 17:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're just farming trash mobs for scales then more often than not mobs aren't going to do anything to you before they die if you sudden lunge before or after first WS, they should be dying in two ws minimum.

Nothing links so dart for ranged pull if you want to be super safe.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-23 17:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, managed to do my first run solo.
Was a failure because I was tired and I wiped with like, I dunno, but quite some time left.
Ended with like ~90 Scales? I know, bad result, but I wiped. Didn't open any chest, no Box.

Some learning experience for myself:
1) I couldn't oneshot mobs with a single WS. That's bad because 1 WS not enough but 2 WS is a waste, meleeing what's left after 1 WS takes too long.
2) Keeping stuff like Nat's Meditation (and Cocoon during Berserk) is super, super, super annoying, gdi I hate it.
3) I forgot to use my Hybrid set xD I had ~20 PDT only in my set.
4) I currently have Dream Flower as my "apply TH4" set. I think I need a different spell, so I can pull them one by one instead of masspulling and AoE sleeping, which can be dangerous.
5) Like Simon said, I think I need Demoralizing Roar, basically never used Tenebral because I didn't want to wake stuff up, with Roar I wouldn't have this issue and I would get -20% Def down, with that maybe I'd be able to oneshot with 1 WS.

Trusts used: KoH, Uka Totlihn, Qultada, Joachim, Monberaux
Weapon: Naegling/Zantetsuken. Swapped to R1 Sequence after, but I think Naegling was performing better because of the Buffs>Attack bonus.
Food: Red Curry bun.
First Page 2 3 ... 378 379 380 ... 446 447 448