SCH>BLM After Update? . .

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » SCH>BLM after update? . .
SCH>BLM after update? . .
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 12:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

10k nukes in lolAbyssea are easily possible by SCH every nuke.

This is true even without the Pandemonium Warden Atma.

MM/Beyond/Ultimate atmas + Obi, Twilight Cape + Good SCH gear.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-03-26 12:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume said: »
Barleycup said: »
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
You are missing the point, the only use nuking has at the moment is in a proc reliant setting, or for aga killing.
And even then, if you are blasting something to bits, a SCH will run out of stratagems and nukes while the BLM will keep on going due to a greater number of nukes available.

the BLM will keep on going until it runs out of MP; which will be long before the SCH.

Greater number of nukes are utterly irrelevant as Tier V & IV can be spammed on SCH with occasional Helix.

You fail to see any of the OP's points methinks.

If a SCH wants to conserve MP, they'd use Parsimony. If you really want to out-epeen a BLM, you'd Ebullience, right?

Okay, so... Since you are saying SCH can manage mp so good and out-nuke a BLM, I'm going to assume you are using Parsimony+Ebullience every nuke. In that case, you'd only do maybe 3 nukes before you are out of stratagems. What then?

Black Mage will still be able to throw out nukes while you sit and play with your thumbs until you get stratagems.

But he can helix too!!!!!!! and have modus miss.
 Shiva.Damonz
Server: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-03-26 12:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

better off comparing sch to rdm if it's a comparison you want to win, unless SE adds fights that last 30+ minutes that require near constant nukes, and have no temp items to restore MP. BLM will always be more useful for nuking

**Edit for clarity
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
For all thse posting about SCH having to use strategems to get close to BLM casting speed:

SCH can reach 80% Fast Cast cap now with some Rubeus set pieces. This means THEY CAN CAST AS FAST AS A BLM; HAVING THE SAME 80% FAST CAST CAP ON NUKES.

Thankyou.

the fact that you structured the OP so poorly pretty much derails your point. You list all the pros for sch, pointing out things that blm can do as well, but fail to list that in the BLM pros. Its pretty hard to take you seriously when you cant even be serious about the benefits of both jobs in question.

How can i list the same pro's I have listed in SCH when the comparison is between the two? If you want to talk and deal with semantics then please understand the very nature of a comparison.

Its obvious you aren't good at this. You list the pros of each job, period. Listing that Sch can get 80% FC, but failing to list Blm can get 80% FC, is going to result in everyone pointing out that fact, which is exactly what happened in this thread. If you want to argue for sch fine, but showing the blatant bias and disrespect towards BLM in your OP is pretty much going to illegitamize your stance.

To answer your question, NO. No one is going to jump on the sch bandwagon to nuke things, because what exactly does sch nuke? Nothing. No event needs a sch to nuke things, they just need you to cure people. Better off comparing sch to whm.

Any BLm worth more than a spit on the road will know that they can easily reach 80% FC. Your rhetoric entirely misses the point and only go to further your aggressive answers. PLeas quote where i have shown or implied any disrespect to BLM; and may I remind you of being a BLM myself and having levelled the job before SCH.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-03-26 12:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If this meant anything, don't you think people would have started to migrate to sch more than blms? Did that happen? No. So pretty safe to say if that can't make it happen, nothing will.
 Phoenix.Bomber
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 12:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Again that's expecting every event you'll do to happen on thunder day lol... BLM/SCH can do 10k nukes non-stop in abbyssea all ice day too >.>
[+]
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 12:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
You are missing the point, the only use nuking has at the moment is in a proc reliant setting, or for aga killing.
And even then, if you are blasting something to bits, a SCH will run out of stratagems and nukes while the BLM will keep on going due to a greater number of nukes available.

the BLM will keep on going until it runs out of MP; which will be long before the SCH.

Greater number of nukes are utterly irrelevant as Tier V & IV can be spammed on SCH with occasional Helix.

This whole thing fails badly.

10 . . maybe 20 wrong assumptions made . . time to abandone thread before people start blaiming me for the Odessa Line and Cuban Missile Crisis. :/

If a SCH wants to conserve MP, they'd use Parsimony. If you really want to out-epeen a BLM, you'd Ebullience, right?

Okay, so... Since you are saying SCH can manage mp so good and out-nuke a BLM, I'm going to assume you are using Parsimony+Ebullience every nuke. In that case, you'd only do maybe 3 nukes before you are out of stratagems. What then?

Black Mage will still be able to throw out nukes while you sit and play with your thumbs until you get stratagems.

But he can helix too!!!!!!! and have modus miss.
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 12:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If this meant anything, don't you think people would have started to migrate to sch more than blms? Did that happen? No. So pretty safe to say if that can't make it happen, nothing will.

This isnt on Thunder's or Iceday.

Wow . .
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-03-26 12:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For all thse posting about SCH having to use strategems to get close to BLM casting speed:

SCH can reach 80% Fast Cast cap now with some Rubeus set pieces. This means THEY CAN CAST AS FAST AS A BLM; HAVING THE SAME 80% FAST CAST CAP ON NUKES.

Thankyou.

the fact that you structured the OP so poorly pretty much derails your point. You list all the pros for sch, pointing out things that blm can do as well, but fail to list that in the BLM pros. Its pretty hard to take you seriously when you cant even be serious about the benefits of both jobs in question.

How can i list the same pro's I have listed in SCH when the comparison is between the two? If you want to talk and deal with semantics then please understand the very nature of a comparison.

Its obvious you aren't good at this. You list the pros of each job, period. Listing that Sch can get 80% FC, but failing to list Blm can get 80% FC, is going to result in everyone pointing out that fact, which is exactly what happened in this thread. If you want to argue for sch fine, but showing the blatant bias and disrespect towards BLM in your OP is pretty much going to illegitamize your stance.

To answer your question, NO. No one is going to jump on the sch bandwagon to nuke things, because what exactly does sch nuke? Nothing. No event needs a sch to nuke things, they just need you to cure people. Better off comparing sch to whm.

Any BLm worth more than a spit on the road will know that they can easily reach 80% FC. Your rhetoric entirely misses the point and only go to further your aggressive answers. PLeas quote where i have shown or implied any disrespect to BLM; and may I remind you of being a BLM myself and having levelled the job before SCH.

done. Whatever point you think I'm missing, MY point is you do not know how to present a case. Hence this fail thread.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2012-03-26 12:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

did you really just ask if the sch is using parsimony and compared it to blm in terms of endurance........?
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2012-03-26 12:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thankyou.

done. Whatever point you think I'm missing, MY point is you do not know how to present a case. Hence this fail thread.

Well it is obvious blm can get 80%FC but how often do you see a blm with stun or enmity douse?
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 12:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow . .
Hmmm why is so important to you to nuke for 10k+ in abyssea? if you yourself call it "lolabyssea" not many things in abyssea can't be approached as "OMGKILLITNOW" it's all about procs and in nuke power BLM wins with aja spells and in abyssea is almost impossible to run out of mp
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bomber said: »

Wow . .
Hmmm why is so important to you to nuke for 10k+ in abyssea? if you yourself call it "lolabyssea" not many things in abyssea can't be approached as "OMGKILLITNOW" it's all about procs and in nuke power BLM wins with aja spells and in abyssea is almost impossible to run out of mp

It isnt at all important, relevant or even impressive to nuke for 10k in abyssea. My only point in saying so was that BLM are incapable of reaching that number without set proc or some very convoluted -ja spamming.

BLM does not win in abyssea with -ja spells or Meteor.

It is very possible to run out of MP in abyssea. Even more so if you are BLM.

Do you see?
 Cerberus.Ustav
Server: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2012-03-26 13:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said: »
My Thunder V do 4400 Vs EM-T mobs outside.

Thunder V does 10000+ inside abyssea.
I'd like to see some screenshots.
Didn't you do a 10K+(13K iirc) Blizzard V? on sobek? I remember seeing a SS a long time ago
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-03-26 13:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure no one sees that because its false. lol
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ustav said: »

Didn't you do a 10K+(13K iirc) Blizzard V? on sobek? I remember seeing a SS a long time ago

Possibly.
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure no one sees that because its false. lol

Keep on living in the land of denial . .

If you havent seen or cannot belive those SCH nuke numbers then you havent been hanging about with the right Scholars (which admittedly is 99% of SCHs in ffxi).
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-03-26 13:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I believe them, what I dont believe is that a blm loses to a sch in abyssea, or a blm running out of mp in abyssea, but it doesnt matter, cuz no one brings blms or schs to abyssea for damage. Hell, I dont even bring blms or schs to abyssea in 2012 for anything, ever.
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-03-26 13:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

people bring blm and/or sch to anything for damage?
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I believe them, what I dont believe is that a blm loses to a sch in abyssea, or a blm running out of mp in abyssea, but it doesnt matter, cuz no one brings blms or schs to abyssea for damage. Hell, I dont even bring blms or schs to abyssea in 2012 for anything, ever.

If you scroll up and open your eyes you will see my opinions on abyssea and my reasons for posting those numbers.

Do you enjoy placing words and opinions into people's mouths to further your rants?
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 13:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Bomber said: »

Wow . .

It isnt at all important, relevant or even impressive to nuke for 10k in abyssea. My only point in saying so was that BLM are incapable of reaching that number without set proc or some very convoluted -ja spamming.

BLM does not win in abyssea with -ja spells or Meteor.

It is very possible to run out of MP in abyssea. Even more so if you are BLM.

Do you see?
How can you say BLM doesn't win with aja? >.> SCH only got IV+V in tiers? when BLM can go AJA+tier V+T4+aga3 even AM2 if you feel like it XD most NMs in abyssea should be about dead after that lol.. ether2-3 BAM! full MP still
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-03-26 13:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Was a MB. Not a normal nuke
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-03-26 13:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not ranting. I'm lol'ing. You ran away from my point earlier, you keep trying to hang on, despite it being a lost cause. My eyes have been opened, blm and sch nuking is useless. /thread.
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-03-26 13:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

^
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont believe that a SCH nuking harder, for less mp, and more ability to conserve that mp, and doing more DOT via spells cast at the same 80% FC speed as BLM; and Helices will out DD a BLM in Abyssea?

Ok fair enough. . .

Please tell me wheere this mysterious extra damage a BLM is supposed to do is coming from?

Mars?

Uranus?
 Shiva.Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2012-03-26 13:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe bringing a war/mnk/nin/sam/thf/drk/drg or pretty much any other DD adds a lot more damage than bringing either a sch or a blm
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 13:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont believe that a SCH nuking harder, for less mp, and more ability to conserve that mp, and doing more DOT via spells cast at the same 80% FC speed as BLM; and Helices will out DD a BLM in Abyssea?

Ok fair enough. . .

Please tell me wheere this mysterious extra damage a BLM is supposed to do is coming from?

Mars?

Uranus?
Hmmm you know BLM/SCH can cast the same helices as your SCH right? lol and get it through your head already ..you don't need to conserve MP in abyssea >_>
 Cerberus.Ustav
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2012-03-26 13:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly.
I was talking to Final(blm) Also a blm friend has been able to do... 12k(i think I have to double check) in vw
 Phoenix.Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 13:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Damonz said: »
I believe bringing a war/mnk/nin/sam/thf/drk/drg or pretty much any other DD adds a lot more damage than bringing either a sch or a blm
lol you want to open another can of worms
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 13:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Possibly.
I was talking to Final(blm) Also a blm friend has been able to do... 12k(i think I have to double check) in vw

Yes Mischief from Bahamut has done 12k Vs Botulus Rex.

It was a MB'ed set proc.

Your point is?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15