SCH>BLM After Update? . .

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » SCH>BLM after update? . .
SCH>BLM after update? . .
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15
 Phoenix.Bomber
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-03-26 21:05:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ghostknight said: »
BLM and SCH both cap fast cast with ease.
BLM Ja > SCH T5 w/ ebu
BLM T5 > SCH T4 w/ ebu
BLM can cast other elements without needing to change the weather.
This ^ He thinks he can use thunder as an universal element to nuke everything with optimal dmg
Edit: Ah ***i started another page again... oh well
[+]
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 21:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just close this thread until i get some screenshots up.

> Im going to choose variety of nukes vs DC in Dyna.
> Probably a Botulus Rex when we do it on Sunday
> Maybe ADL when we do on saturday

Will also post my gear sets and BLM gear sets

Until then just stop making up crap, most of you have no idea what you're talking about.

Good night!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-26 21:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Right. Because we care about your biased screenshots with a bunch of stacked JAs vs none for BLM pretending you can do it for every nuke.
[+]
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 21:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Right. Because we care about your biased screenshots with a bunch of stacked JAs vs none for BLM pretending you can do it for every nuke.

You're an idiot clearly

Go away
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-26 21:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Barleycup said: »

You're an idiot clearly

Go away
What do you do when your stratagems are on recast? Do you just pretend the BLMs aren't nuking?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-03-26 21:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Startagems only take 48secs to recharge per strat. >_> It really isn't that long of a wait...
 Leviathan.Snakeslice
Server: Leviathan
user: neavep
By Leviathan.Snakeslice 2012-03-26 21:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just close this thread until i get some screenshots up.

> Im going to choose variety of nukes vs DC in Dyna.
> Probably a Botulus Rex when we do it on Sunday
> Maybe ADL when we do on saturday

Will also post my gear sets and BLM gear sets

Until then I'll stop making up crap, I have no idea what i'm talking about.

Good night!
 Fenrir.Ghostknight
Server: Fenrir
user: Zeraphion
By Fenrir.Ghostknight 2012-03-26 21:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

48 sec is enough time to get 5~8 high tier nukes off, so yes it is pretty long to wait.
 Asura.Rekin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2012-03-26 21:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Also rather than a SS an unedited video would be better because then the audience can get a good look at how you play both jobs. But since you can hardly be assed to post SSes getting that from you would be impossible.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-03-26 21:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-03-26 21:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ghostknight said: »
48 sec is enough time to get 5~8 high tier nukes off, so yes it is pretty long to wait.

48sec for one strat. Figure you start with 5 already and timer starts when you first use Ebullience... Yeah. Not that bad. I only really use Ebullience for the T5/Helixes anyway; rather not waste them on T4 or lower unless the target is especially weak to one element.

But I've been on XIv the past two months and I just cancelled XI payment so I'll leave the discussing up to you cats and kittens

Odin.Liela said: »

By Barleycup 2012-03-26 22:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rekin said: »
Also rather than a SS an unedited video would be better because then the audience can get a good look at how you play both jobs. But since you can hardly be assed to post SSes getting that from you would be impossible.

Im retisent to post anything because as soon as I prove something wrong someone will invent/bastardize or just deny anything i have said on this thread as they have already. What has really upset/disappointed me is actually SCH's who cannot see the potential of thier job, and the denial of most BLM. God help us and humanity if the pick of the bunch posts on these threads.

I'll post SS of me Vs BLM averaging 15% or thereabout more per nuke then i will Kparser ADL and Botulus.
 Ragnarok.Lugat
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jar
By Ragnarok.Lugat 2012-03-26 22:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

What The *** did I just read.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-03-26 22:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You're an idiot clearly

Go away
What do you do when your stratagems are on recast? Do you just pretend the BLMs aren't nuking?
What do you do when you run out of MP?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-26 22:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

You're an idiot clearly

Go away
I don't.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-03-26 22:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You're an idiot clearly

Go away
I don't.

So your BLM always just an endless pool of MP?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-26 22:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You're an idiot clearly

Go away
I don't.

So your BLM always just an endless pool of MP?
For the things BLM is brought for, yes.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-03-26 22:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, what about everything else?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-26 22:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Who gives a ***? If BLM isn't brought, sure as hell aren't bringing SCH to nuke.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-26 22:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rekin said: »

Im retisent to post anything because as soon as I prove something wrong someone will invent/bastardize or just deny anything i have said on this thread as they have already. What has really upset/disappointed me is actually SCH's who cannot see the potential of thier job, and the denial of most BLM. God help us and humanity if the pick of the bunch posts on these threads.

I'll post SS of me Vs BLM averaging 15% or thereabout more per nuke then i will Kparser ADL and Botulus.
You realize you made this thread asking a question, right? That implies that you didn't know whether or not sch was better than blm.
Being bias toward sch for reasons unknown to us, you got mad when when someone said blm was still better.

The only things I've gathered from you in this thread is you're overly obsessed with your 80% Fast Cast and that you don't like to buff DDs even though that is part of your job being a sch.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-03-26 22:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Who gives a ***?
lol
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 22:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You're an idiot clearly

Go away

Apart from nuking harder than SCH despite all mathematics to prove otherwise BLM aslo have waaaay more mp than SCH, they also have conserve MP which SCH dont get and /SCH they have as much strategems as SCH have. Also their 2hr lasts 20 mins.

Despite rumours /SCH also cast helices the same strength and duration as SCH na d Sublimation gets a bigger boost because y,know BLM have better sublimation skillz than SCH.

Also SCH dont have any kind of -enmity available to to them either in thier spells or through Empy sets.

The extra tiers of MaB BLM get more than makes up for the Ebullience bonuses SCH gets from gear snd JA and BLM/SCH can also cast Thunderstorm upwards and it last longer because BLM have higher enhancing magic than SCH.

Also BLm get Aspir II which helps get more MP back and everytime SCH wants to cast in a different weather of spell they have to change to light arts and perpetuate that which takes 5 mins during which time BLM has nuked 18-19 times and the mob is dead becasue at the end they all cast Metoer with the huge amount of MP they still have left through thier mamouth MP pools and JA.

You see what i dun here?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-26 22:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You're an idiot clearly

Go away

Apart from nuking harder than SCH despite all mathematics to prove otherwise BLM aslo have waaaay more mp than SCH, they also have conserve MP which SCH dont get and /SCH they have as much strategems as SCH have. Also their 2hr lasts 20 mins.

Despite rumours /SCH also cast helices the same strength and duration as SCH na d Sublimation gets a bigger boost because y,know BLM have better sublimation skillz than SCH.

Also SCH dont have any kind of -enmity available to to them either in thier spells or through Empy sets.

The extra tiers of MaB BLM get more than makes up for the Ebullience bonuses SCH gets from gear snd JA and BLM/SCH can also cast Thunderstorm upwards and it last longer because BLM have higher enhancing magic than SCH.

Also BLm get Aspir II which helps get more MP back and everytime SCH wants to cast in a different weather of spell they have to change to light arts and perpetuate that which takes 5 mins during which time BLM has nuked 18-19 times and the mob is dead becasue at the end they all cast Metoer with the huge amount of MP they still have left through thier mamouth MP pools and JA.

You see what i dun here?
You made yourself look like an 11 year old instead of the 12 year old we previously thought.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 22:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Here, since the OP is worthless I went and did some small samples. These tests aren't perfect because sample size was small and the raptors leveled up a tiny bit occasionally, so damage fluctuated by about 10-15.

These were done in Aby-Miser on EP/DC raptors with no buffs/atmas. I logged on to Iceday and figured, why not. Here are the sets I used (yes they have room for improvement, but mages have turned into just proccing jobs nowadays, so been lazy to upgrade):

SCH:

BLM:

Literae Hat has Int+2
Diamond Ring has Int+3
Used 99 Magian Thunder/Ice staff
Used T.Cape/Obis on day/weather

For SCH: Used AF3+2 head with Ebullience
For BLM: Used Relic legs on day

Oh yeah, for SCH weather I used Klimaform.

Overall, sets are fairly comparable. Here is the damage results:
Code
SCH	Blizz	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1523	1662	1862
V	2358	2551	2860

SCH	Blizz	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1925	2057	2208
V	2992	3195	3394

BLM	Blizz		
	None	Day	
IV	1782	2021	
V	2760	3112	
ja	3116	3510	

SCH	Thund	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1608	1973	2101
V	2467	3013	3222

SCH	Thund	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	2035	2506	2813
V	3135	3833	4093

BLM	Thund		
	None	Day	
IV	1953	2133	
V	3014	3256	
ja	3398	3630	

Long story short:
With the same exact nuke, SCH+Ebull>BLM>SCH+No Ebull assuming same day of the week and SCH has weather over the BLM. However, if you compare SCH two best nukes (IV/V) with BLM two best nukes (V/ja), BLM wins in Blizzard and ties in Thunder.

Combine this with the fact that in a nuke zerg, BLM has many more high tier nukes to cycle through while SCH is mostly limited to one element without gimping themself, and they have to worry about stratagems.

Also, I would like to see a SCH rip 20 mobs apart at once.

TL/DR: SCH can epeen a nuke better than BLM, but BLM still holds the title of #1 nuker in the game.
[+]
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 22:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Here, since the OP is worthless I went and did some small samples. These tests aren't perfect because sample size was small and the raptors leveled up a tiny bit occasionally, so damage fluctuated by about 10-15.

These were done in Aby-Miser on EP/DC raptors with no buffs/atmas. I logged on to Iceday and figured, why not. Here are the sets I used (yes they have room for improvement, but mages have turned into just proccing jobs nowadays, so been lazy to upgrade):

SCH:

BLM:

Literae Hat has Int+2
Diamond Ring has Int+3

Code
SCH	Blizz	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1523	1662	1862
V	2358	2551	2860

SCH	Blizz	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1925	2057	2208
V	2992	3195	3394

BLM	Blizz		
	None	Day	
IV	1782	2021	
V	2760	3112	
ja	3116	3510	

SCH	Thund	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1608	1973	2101
V	2467	3013	3222

SCH	Thund	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	2035	2506	2813
V	3135	3833	4093

BLM	Thund		
	None	Day	
IV	1953	2133	
V	3014	3256	
ja	3398	3630	

Long story short:
With the same exact nuke, SCH+Ebull>BLM>SCH+No Ebull assuming same day of the week and SCH has weather over the BLM. However, if you compare SCH two best nukes (IV/V) with BLM two best nukes (V/ja), BLM wins in Blizzard and ties in Thunder.

Combine this with the fact that in a nuke zerg, BLM has many more high tier nukes to cycle through while SCH is mostly limited to one element without gimping themself, and they have to worry about stratagems.

TL/DR: SCH can epeen a nuke better than BLM, but BLM still holds the title of #1 nuker in the game.

You do realize what Savant's Bonnet +2 is and what it does right?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 22:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 22:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH:

BLM:

Literae Hat has Int+2
Diamond Ring has Int+3

Code
SCH	Blizz	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1523	1662	1862
V	2358	2551	2860

SCH	Blizz	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1925	2057	2208
V	2992	3195	3394

BLM	Blizz		
	None	Day	
IV	1782	2021	
V	2760	3112	
ja	3116	3510	

SCH	Thund	No Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	1608	1973	2101
V	2467	3013	3222

SCH	Thund	Ebull	
	None	Weath	W+D
IV	2035	2506	2813
V	3135	3833	4093

BLM	Thund		
	None	Day	
IV	1953	2133	
V	3014	3256	
ja	3398	3630	

Long story short:

My Blizzard V would be getting 4.5k and thunder V 5.7k respectively.

I cannot quite see how you can make an experiment fail more if you tried, are you trolling?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-26 22:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My Blizzard V would be getting 4.5k and thunder V 5.7k respectively.

I cannot quite see how you can make an experiment fail more if you tried, are you trolling?
Oh I am sorry, here let me take a look at your numbers and gear sets that you have posted... oh wait...
[+]
By Barleycup 2012-03-26 22:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Ive given up reading your drivel.

Just wait for my SS and parsers to come through shortly then you can make up more excuses.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15