Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 706 707 708 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Diluted
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2021-06-19 18:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody come across something like this when exchanging sparks before? If reverted back to a normal number when I quit out of the NPC, but I guess there's a possibility there's a glitch/exploit of some sort.
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2021-06-19 19:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIAH screenshot post.

I've seen it once before, it also went back to the normal number when I exited.

Looking at the two numbers we received I'm leaning towards a counter the counts down from 999,999,999 for whatever reason.
 Asura.Diluted
user: Crumpet
By Asura.Diluted 2021-06-19 20:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Supernads said: »
FFXIAH screenshot post.

I've seen it once before, it also went back to the normal number when I exited.

Looking at the two numbers we received I'm leaning towards a counter the counts down from 999,999,999 for whatever reason.

That's odd, curious to see if it can be activated when you've hit the sparks cap and see if you can spend more than the weekly cap or bot.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-21 16:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright. Does anyone know how or have an idea for the damn config file.

It rewrites itself constantly for the purpose of fastcs changing the frame limiter BUT when it does that it also constantly changes <BattleAutoTarget>false</BattleAutoTarget> back to *** true.

It's pretty god damn irritating, always has been. So how can I make it stop doing that, but still do exactly that for the frame limiter.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-06-23 15:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just heard this song on the OST and it took me almost 20 whole seconds before it hit me that it was the song used in the Wings of the Goddess trailer.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Does this ever get used in-game?
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-06-23 16:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I am having difficulty getting FF11 to work at a lower resolution than the desktop resolution.

The monitors native resolution is 2880x1800 (laptop screen), and running FF11 at that spec will cause the game to chug and fps drop. If I set Windower resolution to for example 1650x1050, the game runs but the lower right quarter of the screen becomes stretched out and not visible anymore.

Windowed mode works properly, but I've always played borderless-window, and prefer to keep it that way, so if anyone knows a way around this problem would be great.

I also tried playing around with DGVoodoo's scaling mode (centered, stretched, centered keep aspect ratio etc) but none fixed the issue.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-06-24 13:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

have you tried messing w/ DPI scaling in the executable properties?
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-06-24 15:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
have you tried messing w/ DPI scaling in the executable properties?

I just gave that a try, it didn't change the behaviour unfortunately.

However I've just discovered that the vanilla borderless windowed mode works properly with 1650x1050, so it seems that the issue arising from Windowers borderless windowed mode.

Any clue why Windowers borderless window feature works differently from the native client, and is there anyway possible to tweak it to behave the same way as the native client, where in the screen isn't stretched out?

Edit
I managed to fix this with help from Ruben from Windower team.

Solution
DPI setting set to app level along with Wincontrol plugin and position_manager addon!

//pm size 2880 1800
[+]
By Morihei 2021-06-25 14:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been hearing conflicting information. Should I use Mars or Venus orbs for AMAN BCs?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-25 14:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Which ever you feel like using. Fundamentally no difference, still hit a mimic either way.

You'll get more tries with mars vs (possibly) SLIGHTLY better % rate on a venus.

Do you want quantity or unquantifiable placebo quality.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-25 15:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesnt seems to have a different pool drops from either orb.

Also, the odds of higher quality thuds seems proportional to the vouchers spent (for example, you can see almost two loud thuds using same amount of venus orb compared tp mars orb).

So, a better approach could be, if you just aim for loud thuds, probably you would prefer venus orb. If youre fine with normal thuds (for various sellable materials) then you would prefer more orbs, thats investing more on mars.
[+]
By Rips 2021-06-25 21:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Morihei said: »
I've been hearing conflicting information. Should I use Mars or Venus orbs for AMAN BCs?

Just stick with Mars.
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-06-26 01:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

What status ailments, if any, aren't affected by "Resistance to all status ailments" gear? Does this include things like Charm and Terror?
Is the gear a flat % resistance allowing full immunity at 100%? If so, is the effect additive with ailment-specific gear like Shrieker's Cuffs?
By mhomho 2021-06-26 06:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF is wrong with people? Oh you're camping here? Let me just set up my bot army on top of you. Sparks cap per week. WTF? When did people cease to have etiquette? Kills both of our time investment. The only reason I could see is if they know who the person is and do it deliberately to grief them. Still it's somehow acceptable to grief people. Ridiculous.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-26 06:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The end is near.
By mhomho 2021-06-26 06:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There's other camps open! That's what blows my mind. There's other camps that they could pick from that are open. The camp I'm using isn't even good. It's a result of people constantly coming to camp on top of me. To me that says they're deliberately griefing and it's somehow acceptable or people laugh about it like it's another Odoro. No. People that grief others should be banned. Did people not get banned for running trains through Crawlers Nest to the zone line so it would kill everyone that entered?
By FaeQueenCory 2021-06-26 06:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
What status ailments, if any, aren't affected by "Resistance to all status ailments" gear? Does this include things like Charm and Terror?
Is the gear a flat % resistance allowing full immunity at 100%? If so, is the effect additive with ailment-specific gear like Shrieker's Cuffs?
I believe anything that exists in a resist trait or in another piece of gear is definitely covered. So most ailments, but things like stat/hp/mp down are not. I don't think terror is, but I believe charm is.

It gives a % chance to fully resist an ailment, and is additive with the job traits and any specific ailment gear you might be wearing. It works the same as the traits.

However, it kinda sucks because the potency is halved against NMs... so anything you'd actually care about, you're gimped on.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-26 07:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
There's other camps open! That's what blows my mind. There's other camps that they could pick from that are open. The camp I'm using isn't even good. It's a result of people constantly coming to camp on top of me. To me that says they're deliberately griefing
Incredibly narcissistic. What other camps are open? Asura has every good camp full damn near 24/7, and has for years now. Throw in that someone with a good bot probably has the travel to and from camp automated too, and they might not even be aware someone is there. You do consistantly seem unlikable here, but I doubt anyone is following you around just to grief you.

If you don't want to be camped on, the answer is as simple as getting off Asura. Any other server has good camps that are actually open.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-26 07:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's generally not even good camps. Just a complete and total lack of manners.

You can go literally anywhere, and people WILL show up and/or already be there.

I specifically look for "bad" camps and still have to mpk retards who insist on setting up bots right on top of me. Lately I've just started being petty and spam reporting people that do just that, and it's been working. So if a douchenozzle bots in your camp report em a "dozen"(hundred) times, they won't be a problem anymore.
By RadialArcana 2021-06-26 07:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF is wrong with people? Oh you're camping here? Let me just set up my bot army on top of you. Sparks cap per week. WTF? When did people cease to have etiquette? Kills both of our time investment. The only reason I could see is if they know who the person is and do it deliberately to grief them. Still it's somehow acceptable to grief people. Ridiculous.

https://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-26 08:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »

Stat Downs (HP, MP, STR, etc), Terror, Charm (maybe), Death, Doom, Curse, Encumbrance.
**Take note, most of these are either Light-based, Dark-based or No Element. (exception being STR, DEX, VIT, AGI, MND, INT)**

FaeQueenCory already covered it, but [Resist All and/or Resist "Trait"] are additive with traits, gear & food.

No one has been able to confirmed if players can reach a 100% resistance rate. However, even if one could, the best you could get is +50% resistance versus NM's.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-26 09:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So how does being a 5 song Bard work? Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old. Thank you.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-26 09:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sing 4 songs. Use clarion. Put up a 5th song. Constantly sing before songs wear off; maintain all 5 songs for the entire event till zone. (don't get dispelled)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-06-26 09:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

There's other camps open! That's what blows my mind. There's other camps that they could pick from that are open. The camp I'm using isn't even good. It's a result of people constantly coming to camp on top of me. To me that says they're deliberately griefing and it's somehow acceptable or people laugh about it like it's another Odoro. No. People that grief others should be banned. Did people not get banned for running trains through Crawlers Nest to the zone line so it would kill everyone that entered?

Good thing about this would be that it forced SE to add new high lv camps in old zones.

All in all, its a win
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-26 09:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
So how does being a 5 song Bard work? Explain it to me like I'm 5 years old. Thank you.

Gear creates a 'current max songs' level. It starts at 1. Having any instrument boosts it to 2. Adding daurdabla99 boosts it further to 4. Adding clarion call boosts it to 5.

When you finish casting a song, the game checks things in the following order:
-Does the player have the same song active, cast by you?
>If so, overwrite the song with the new song and it's statuses.
-Does the player have less songs active, cast by you, than your 'current max songs'?
>If so, add the new song.
-Finally
>Overwrite the song with the least remaining duration with the new song.

This specifically means that as long as you maintain the 5 songs from clarion without losing any songs, you can change them around as much as you like without losing the 5 song status until someone gets dispelled or you let a song wear on someone.

As far as practical use, the most efficient way to initial buff is something like:
(Marsyas)Honor March
(Gjallarhorn)Valor Minuet V
(Gjallarhorn)Valor Minuet IV
(Daurdabla) army's paeon 6, WITH NO DURATION ENHANCING GEAR
(Daurdabla) army's paeon 5, WITH NO DURATION ENHANCING GEAR
(Gjallarhorn)Blade Madrigal
(Gjallarhorn)Sentinel's Scherzo

Obviously songs will vary with situation, but the key takeaway is that if you cast your daurdabla songs with no duration gear and you have a solid duration+ set for your real songs, the daurdabla songs will be first to overwrite and you can get all 5 songs up in only 7 casts.

Startlingly few brds understand this interaction and most will waste time casting a full 5 dummy songs before casting any real songs.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-26 09:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never been a BRD (other than leveling it and skilling it because OCD) so I was curious how that worked. Thank you very much.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-06-26 09:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Put up singy songs with harp and clarion call, overwrite singy songs with better(longer) singy songs, maintain these singy songs so you don't lose the extra singy song slots.

Edit: wowie I was late, guess this tab was open for a while
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-26 09:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Gear creates a 'current max songs' level. It starts at 1. Having any instrument boosts it to 2.

I just recall hearing somewhere (likely the Brady "Guide") that other jobs can only use one song at a time because they cannot equip instruments until this came along and crushed my dreams of being a singing Samurai.

Still 1 song ONRY!
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-26 09:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? That's pretty interesting, must be a hardcoded cap for non-BRD. I never saw that or I would've tested the same thing. BRD itself will only get 1 song without an instrument.

edit:
Quote:
Doesn't combine Singing and wind skill, be it BRD main or sub job.
Completely removes wind skill from magic skills menu.
wtf.. some weird *** workaround then, i assume
By joemamma 2021-06-26 13:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
There's other camps open! That's what blows my mind. There's other camps that they could pick from that are open. The camp I'm using isn't even good. It's a result of people constantly coming to camp on top of me. To me that says they're deliberately griefing
Incredibly narcissistic. What other camps are open? Asura has every good camp full damn near 24/7, and has for years now. Throw in that someone with a good bot probably has the travel to and from camp automated too, and they might not even be aware someone is there. You do consistantly seem unlikable here, but I doubt anyone is following you around just to grief you.

If you don't want to be camped on, the answer is as simple as getting off Asura. Any other server has good camps that are actually open.

I've moved from asura for a few weeks...I was so bored with the time in between linkshell events I couldn't take it.

Absolutely nothing happens in yell. You either have to solo or hope someone in linkshell is online. It doesn't feel like a MMO. It feels like a single player game.
First Page 2 3 ... 706 707 708 ... 834 835 836