Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 707 708 709 ... 834 835 836
By RadialArcana 2021-06-26 13:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people solo on Asura, a lot on Asura block yell.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-26 13:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Its like that since around Delve 2 era, when Assura started to be heavily advertised everywhere, what atracted many players from smaller servers, what speed up their diminution.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-26 13:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Neither end of the spectrum is great. You get forced into absolutes.

You either have all the shouts or no shouts. Over crowded or Ghost town. Cut throat underselling or absolutely jack ***AH.

Pros and cons. Pick your poison.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-26 15:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Spoiler'd because this is kind of getting off of random question thread and turning into random thoughts thread. Mah bad, homey.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By botches 2021-06-26 18:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, i still have a lot of gear from https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Vesca
i can't move them to another character, probably because they are augmented.
what can i do ? remove augment ? sell them ? toss them ?
By Pantafernando 2021-06-26 18:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can exchange them for a fraction of bayld paid.

Unless you are really hurting for resouces, i would just toss it instead of going to the other side of adoulin for shitty bayld.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-06-28 12:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any way to parse out npc sellable vs non-sellable items from the item.lua file in windower? I understand the flags system, but I have noooo idea how to even begin to understand how to figure out each flag

or even better, is there just a list of sellable / non-sellable items anywhere?
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2021-06-29 11:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Something weird I've noticed a couple of times now... random /say Japanese text showing up when I'm AFK that doesn't seem attributed to a person? First time I saw it was in Port San d'Oria at around 5:30PST last night, saw this when I got back to my computer after a few hours break this morning (zone was Zeruhn Mines):

An addon that I'm using going haywire? A bug? Anyone able to translate?

EDIT: Okay, it's the Besieged notifications from the new Voracious Resurgence KI. Is this in Japanese for everyone?
By Pantafernando 2021-06-29 12:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a message from GM saying: “Reply to me NOW or prepare for ban!”
[+]
 Asura.Hitome
By Asura.Hitome 2021-06-29 14:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Is GW properly flushing for anyone? It keeps pulling a snapshot from 5 years ago without actually updating current inventory yet still says it updated recently (less than a few hours). I've tried removing/readding but no luck.
By Bliven731 2021-06-29 14:42:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an issue relatively often where one of your character's screens just completely stops accepting inputs, mouse, keyboard, anything. If I close it somehow like with task manager and it reverts back to playonline, even that playonline window won't accept any sort of keyboard or mouse inputs. I have another window open at the same time for this and the mouse/keyboard obviously work for every single other thing on the computer still even other ffxi windows.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-29 16:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
EDIT: Okay, it's the Besieged notifications from the new Voracious Resurgence KI. Is this in Japanese for everyone?

Yep, same thing for me. Confused the hell out of me at first too.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-29 16:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
As far as practical use, the most efficient way to initial buff is something like:
(Marsyas)Honor March
(Gjallarhorn)Valor Minuet V
(Gjallarhorn)Valor Minuet IV
(Daurdabla) army's paeon 6, WITH NO DURATION ENHANCING GEAR
(Daurdabla) army's paeon 5, WITH NO DURATION ENHANCING GEAR
(Gjallarhorn)Blade Madrigal
(Gjallarhorn)Sentinel's Scherzo

Obviously songs will vary with situation, but the key takeaway is that if you cast your daurdabla songs with no duration gear and you have a solid duration+ set for your real songs, the daurdabla songs will be first to overwrite and you can get all 5 songs up in only 7 casts.

Startlingly few brds understand this interaction and most will waste time casting a full 5 dummy songs before casting any real songs.

Basically just a +1 to agree with your post.

But while we're on the topic, an additional minor optimization that I see a lot of BRDs not recognizing: I prefer not to sing Marches first, since those generally help backline mages too and you don't want them to be overwritten by Pianissimo Ballads (or whatever other non DD songs) applied after getting all songs onto your DDs. Obviously not always relevant, but it doesn't hurt to get in the habit to prepare you for those times when it may make a difference.

Too many times I'll see stuff like a 4-song Bard who wants to give a WHM ballads... and ends up overwriting Marches so that the backline WHM ends up with Ballad2 Ballad3 and a useless Minuet4 Minuet5.

EDIT: maybe even more significant would be casting an extremely important situational song like Scherzo or a Carol II first, where you want to be damn sure all party members have it. You don't want a WHM sitting there with Ballads, Minuet/Madrigal, and no Scherzo because you cast that first and overwrote it with Piannissimo Ballads. Cast those "EVERYBODY NEEDS IT" songs toward the end of your pre-Pianissimo 'real songs'
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Bliven731 2021-06-29 19:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably using clarion call? Clarion call always counts as 3rd song.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-06-30 16:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Thorny's example had 5 songs, so must be using Clarion Call. For a non-CC example, efficiently putting up a standard 4 non-CC songs would look like:

1) Gjallarhorn (Song1)
2) Gjallarhorn (Song2)
3) Daurdabla (Dummy Song1 - without max duration gear)
4) Daurdabla (Dummy Song2 - without max duration gear)
5) Gjallarhorn (Song3)
6) Gjallarhorn (Song4)

* Replace any of the above Ghorn songs with Marsayas if singing Honor March (as I noted earlier, I generally prefer to do my Marches later in the rotation to avoid losing them to a Pianissimo song)
* If no Daurdabla, just replace lines 3-4 with a single Blurred Harp/Terpander dummy song (and remove Song4 from your rotation)

Point is just that in most situations, Thorny is right that there's no need to put up ALL dummy songs first. Sing 2 real songs (3 with CC up), then dummy songs with lower duration, then overwrite those dummy songs.

To get more technical, there ARE legitimate reasons to get all dummy songs up first - generally due to needing to sing a lot of songs and be able to get them done within the NiTro JA duration (e.g., you're swapping parties, or singing an entirely different set of frontline/backline songs, or doing a lot of Pianissimo songs). Or, if I'm standing around waiting on alliance mates to gather for something like an Escha NM pop, I'll get all my dummy songs ready on my party but hold off on Nitro and "real songs" until we're ready for buffs/pop. But if you aren't in those situations and doing it for a good reason, you're wasting time by doing all dummy songs first as a matter of habit.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-07-02 11:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Do weaponskills with an attack bonus, say dimidiation +25% for example, Multiply your attack after gear/food/buffs or just your base attack?
By SimonSes 2021-07-02 11:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bynebill said: »
Do weaponskills with an attack bonus, say dimidiation +25% for example, Multiply your attack after gear/food/buffs or just your base attack?

Its something I would like to know too, but afaik its believed to be additive with other % attack buffs, not multiplicative.
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-07-02 11:49:43
Link | Quote | Reply

so 2100 attack with food/brd songs (static value buffs) would then be multiplied by say 71.84% attack when adding a 46.84% chaos roll + the 25% ws attack bonus?

or would the attack bonus just be 25% on top of the chaos roll modified attack?
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2021-07-03 08:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Do group foods affect trusts?
 Bahamut.Galakar
Server: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2021-07-06 16:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Have been working on empy weapon and killing Chloris (time to finish it, almost a year from starting this trial). But there is one part about staggering mobs that I do not understand. According to BG-Wiki it is impossible to stagger them during 'using a TP ability (this also applies to "normal attacks" that are considered TP moves).' Does this mean that every attack of the NM is a TP move? Or can I ws during normal attacks?
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2021-07-06 16:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd be able to proc during normal swings. But stuff like the iron giant NMs all their regular moves are considered TP moves if I remember correctly. Doesn't apply to Chloris at all, but was the only example I could think of off the top of my head
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
Server: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2021-07-06 16:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you so much!

Seems like I was wasting so much time trying to proc only when NM was not attacking (and some of them, either cast or attack all the time).

Post deleted by User.
By RadialArcana 2021-07-07 07:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How does findall log every characters inventory, do you just have to login on that character or do a random search for something for it to make a list
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-07 07:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Be on a character and do a search, yeah.

Like you have to keep your mules updated with searches on that character.
First Page 2 3 ... 707 708 709 ... 834 835 836