Entropy
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-29 12:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ash, the hell are you worried about losing Refresh from Bale Choker if you're in a thread talking about Entropy? Think about it...

Thanzo187 said: »
So whats the best Entropy gear set so far?
Depends on your accuracy and attack needs. It's easy to drop too much Acc and Att for INT, like with Jet Seraweels. I like to match the accuracy total to my TP set so my food choice and buffs all come out the same.

Soil/Soil is a must, period. It's pretty much a free 100% DA proc.

Start with Twilight/Twilight, Jet Seraweels vs Bale Cuisses +2, INT Rings vs a little STP or Acc. Relic +2 hands are teh uber sexy. Bale feet are a no-brainer.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-29 12:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Do you really cast enough to ever be in need of MP? As soon as I finish 99 Apoc I'm dumping my Entropy merits. With SE up Guillotine is too close to Entropy from a damage perspective. (4hits is 4hits)
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
If we pretend that anyone with drk leveled can find Ganesha's mala in a chest, I anticipate finding myself in a pickle for mp. The loss of the refresh from bale choker is at least inconvenient enough for me to warrant keeping my 5/5 (although i'll understand if others dont). I do cast drain (2), dread spikes, and endark frequently enough that not having a good form of refresh becomes at least inconvienient to me.
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Ash, the hell are you worried about losing Refresh from Bale Choker if you're in a thread talking about Entropy? Think about it...

Thanzo187 said: »
So whats the best Entropy gear set so far?
Depends on your accuracy and attack needs. It's easy to drop too much Acc and Att for INT, like with Jet Seraweels. I like to match the accuracy total to my TP set so my food choice and buffs all come out the same.

Soil/Soil is a must, period. It's pretty much a free 100% DA proc.

Start with Twilight/Twilight, Jet Seraweels vs Bale Cuisses +2, INT Rings vs a little STP or Acc. Relic +2 hands are teh uber sexy. Bale feet are a no-brainer.

because i assume he was talking to taint...
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-29 12:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, the conversation before that post was saying entropy 5/5 is grossly situational (essentially only with buffs and SE) if you had 99 apoc. I was just saying that I'm going to keep my 5/5 entropy just for that situation.

Ironically,
Last night at ADL between spacing out between fights, endrain, and stun order (plus he has a wicked aoe aspir move that got off), I got caught with my "mp pants down" just before my turn for stun order. I luckily had an elixir from VW earlier (lulz), but I was laughing to myself and thinking of this thread and how it would have been a perfect opportunity to entropy if I were using apoc instead of calad.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-29 12:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah except Guillotine doesn't compare to Entropy, or shouldn't anyway unless some huge currently unknown penalty crops up. Taint's Guillo and Entropy might be closer together than most because of his far higher base weapon damage though.

Here's a partial set I threw together.

Raja's is to keep a 6-hit compatible return on 528 delay, or 5-hit compatible and miss-tolerant /SAM. This might be a little heavy on Accuracy, so Jet Seraweels would be good for soft targets.
 Bismarck.Ankiseth
Server: Bismarck
user: Darkfire
By Bismarck.Ankiseth 2012-02-29 12:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, but seeing alot of the abyss gaunt +2 thrown into these sets, for obvious reasons. What about the new nyzul hands? Sacrificing 1 INT for 3 STR and 9 atk iirc? And thats not including the set bonus if any other pieces are thrown in, which adds STR as well as INT.

Is it purely the attain-ability thats keeping this from being an option or are relic+2 just that much better?
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-29 12:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-29 12:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ankiseth said: »
Just curious, but seeing alot of the abyss gaunt +2 thrown into these sets, for obvious reasons. What about the new nyzul hands? Sacrificing 1 INT for 3 STR and 9 atk iirc? And thats not including the set bonus if any other pieces are thrown in, which adds STR as well as INT. Is it purely the attain-ability thats keeping this from being an option or are relic+2 just that much better?

I think it's more of a "if you get some, you'll be the first" kind of a thing.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-29 13:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ogier's Breeches are only +3% WS Damage, but still pretty nice. Don't see a lot of Gaunab runs though.

Mekira beats Twilight solidly (10% from fTP vs 2.8% from INT) on active days unless you actually need and are compounding that 25 attack through food and whatnot.

Again on soft targets, ombre tathlum might be worthwhile if you can get one (price went from 80k to a mil on Siren) over Core/Bomblet.

I rate the +Scythe Skill and INT on Abyssal above Brutal Earring, which only comes out to 1.25% from that occasional double attack. Unless you have Suppa instead or need the +1 STP to clean up your TP return of course.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-29 13:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Mekira oto have 25 attack, +1 have 30, so you actually gain attack (5-6 more str too) from using Mekira.
Personally I use my Cata set for Entropy atm:

Just finished OAT gs, so I can remove some VIT gear from my inventory and I'll probably start using a diamond ring with +3 int augment for Entropy over rajas.

Edit: Mekira-oto +1 when active too*
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-29 13:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Derp, I was looking at Fazheluo Helm by accident again, plus I was thinking it was GS skill on it. I always confuse it with Mekira...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-02-29 13:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I recently upgraded my Apoc to 99. As a fellow dark who merited Entropy, I use it not just for the utility of its MP drain, but it still pulls bigger numbers for me when I have LR/SE/SD up and can dump the full benefit of 4 hits of souleater into it. Thats generally the only time Im certain that it pulls ahead in the brief time I've had my apoc upgraded to the 99 stage.
With a 99 Apoc, will it pull ahead enough to warrant making it 5/5? Would it even be worth to have it 1/5 just for the utility of of MP drain?
Played with it more last night, It pulls ahead of Cata when you have Souleater up and can put 4 hits of HP into it. Otherwise, its great for replenishing your MP pool cause at least at 5/5 (not sure about tnon 5/5), it nets 400+ per instance. Basically it let's you forget about aspir /aspir II and the valuable time lost casting those spells. Now, if you can find a good use for that regained MP, you're golden.

Do you really cast enough to ever be in need of MP? As soon as I finish 99 Apoc I'm dumping my Entropy merits. With SE up Guillotine is too close to Entropy from a damage perspective. (4hits is 4hits)

Generally, I find it overfills my mp, but there no harm in that. If I'm in Dynamis or farming with Drk I often use MP and absorb spells to pull and it runs out pretty quick. I could always cast aspir but you can't argue that the time spend casting is better spent doing 3k+ dmg.

Also, I'm trying to make impact work for DRK cause casting it = 100tp. If I/someone can make that a lil more realistic/feasible or if the DS revision includes Fastcast for impact, that would make a much more solid case for meriting DS 5/5 and Entropy 5/5.

I don't discredit Entropy has limited uses, however for myself and my 99 apoc, I think its useful for me.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-29 13:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Entropy in Twilight Cloak and some other MP gear to reach and fill 666mp, start casting Impact, someone closes Darkness off Entropy. Should be pretty decent really. Couple more Entropies and two minutes later you can do it again. The Stat-down doesn't overwrite itself though, so not worth casting more often than 3 minutes.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-29 14:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Entropy in Twilight Cloak and some other MP gear to reach and fill 666mp, start casting Impact, someone closes Darkness off Entropy. Should be pretty decent really. Couple more Entropies and two minutes later you can do it again. The Stat-down doesn't overwrite itself though, so not worth casting more often than 3 minutes.

Just be a taru and the MP pool is no issue. :P
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-29 14:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ogier's Breeches are only +3% WS Damage, but still pretty nice. Don't see a lot of Gaunab runs though. Mekira beats Twilight solidly (10% from fTP vs 2.8% from INT) on active days unless you actually need and are compounding that 25 attack through food and whatnot. Again on soft targets, ombre tathlum might be worthwhile if you can get one (price went from 80k to a mil on Siren) over Core/Bomblet. I rate the +Scythe Skill and INT on Abyssal above Brutal Earring, which only comes out to 1.25% from that occasional double attack. Unless you have Suppa instead or need the +1 STP to clean up your TP return of course.

Abyssal is slightly ahead of Brutal when you can use all 5 of the scythe skill. Anytime att is capped Brutal > Abyssal.

Mekira on proc days is def the best. I can't find anything that beats Ogier's legs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-04-04 06:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanion Belt or Ele belt? Math? (assuming Stuff like Ig/Rex/Morta/etc)

I'm leaning towards ele belt, but would like to see some numbers.

Edit: Yay for necro =\
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-04-04 06:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ele belt, the +0.1 ftp works on each hit, so it's actually +0.4ftp, which is massive with one gearslot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-04-04 06:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Ele belt, the +0.1 ftp works on each hit, so it's actually +0.4ftp, which is massive with one gearslot.
I figured as much, just wanted to hear someone else say it. Thanks, sir.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-04-04 07:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, next question:

Assuming you don't need acc (would it even be an issue with neck/belt +20 acc on Ogier legs etc?), how would Phorcys Korazin compare to Twilight?

Phorcys Korazin vs Twilight: +3 STR, +5% attack, -13 INT (assuming phorcys hands to give +2 from set bonus), and WS dmg+7% (according to BG)

Leaning towards Phorcys on this one.

Edit: Also, Huginn Hose vs. Ogier's Breeches. Would like to see some actual numbers on this one.

Leaning towards Huginn here.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-04-04 07:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis said: »
Ok, next question:

Assuming you don't need acc (would it even be an issue with neck/belt +20 acc on Ogier legs etc?), how would Phorcys Korazin compare to Twilight?

Phorcys Korazin vs Twilight: +3 STR, +5% attack, -13 INT (assuming phorcys hands to give +2 from set bonus), and WS dmg+7% (according to BG)

Edit: Also, Huginn Hose vs. Ogier's Breeches. Would like to see some actual numbers on this one.

Phorcys is pretty much broken and will be the best WS body for every WS.

I'll math out Huginn later but I wouldn't be suprised if it beat Ogier's.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-04-04 07:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis said: »
Ok, next question:

Phorcys is pretty much broken and will be the best WS body for every WS.

I'll math out Huginn later but I wouldn't be suprised if it best Ogier's.
Figured as much, thanks.

Did you mean beat?
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-04-04 22:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Yeah, nothing even comes close to a good DRK at ig-alima. It's kind of silly to look at parse results. I know *** all when it comes to calculating dmg, but equally geared non DRK dds with less ATK can't keep up at all in damage. As far as accuracy goes though, I'm pretty sure any non relic DRK could still pull in enough acc gear to make red curry worth using over pizza. Could even dark seal absorb acc, but I have no idea if the duration on that makes it worth using even.

2:10 With black legs, head, feet, vicious muffler, I don't know what chuparosa adds.

I don't know if Absorb-ACC decays, or if it just absorbs 22 accuracy or more. It seems to play by different rules, but it is worth using in duration gear since you can Dark Seal it anyway.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-04 22:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do pavor gauntlets affect Absorb-acc?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-04-04 23:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Do pavor gauntlets affect Absorb-acc?

I haven't really noticed, I don't cast it that much.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-04-05 04:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Augment seems to give + to stat absorbed, Enhances seems to give duration.

I get +22 to STR/VIT/DEX/AGI/INT/MND/CHR when absorbing in Black Head, Legs, Feet, Vicious Mufflers.

By the time it wears off at 2:10 it decays to +8.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-05 16:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you both for the incredibly informative responses.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-05 19:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Target: Qufim Clipper. Weapon: Pitchfork +1 Job: 99DRK/44SCH

87+15 dex, 27 acc 103 total: low evasion
87+19 dex, 21 acc 100 total: mid evasion
87+21 dex, 21 acc 102 total: low evasion
87+20 dex, 21 acc 101 total: mid evasion

102=low eva point

Abs-Acc, 275 skill, 73 acc: mid evasion
Abs-Acc, 275 skill, 80 acc: low evasion
Abs-Acc, 275 skill, 79 acc: mid evasion
Abs-Acc, 275 skill, 78 acc, Pavor Gauntlets: low evasion
Abs-Acc, 275 skill, 77 acc, Pavor Gauntlets: mid evasion
Add 1 acc, /c low evasion, /c again 10 seconds later, mid evasion

Activating Dark Arts and throwing on some +skill gear didn't increase the effect. Didn't expect it to, but figured I'd make sure.

So it behaves exactly like the Absorb-stat spells, 10% bonus from Gauntlets included.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-04-06 21:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Thank you both for the incredibly informative responses.

Np kid.
 Valefor.Savain
Server: Valefor
user: Savain
By Valefor.Savain 2012-04-13 08:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

To a post on page 3:

Req is pretty good, and in a lot of cases, beats CDC. I used it on PLD when the merits were first introduced. Was doing 2-3k Req vs. Hahava compared to 2-2.5 CDC, was doing the same damage as CDC on BLU, and on T4/5, was also doing just as well. CDC wins because of the ODD, esp. for PLD where your delay is just that of one sword. With all the gear added since then, Req might win for a BLU who spends time using DD spells in non-wing situations where aftermath is just 30 seconds.

On topic:
Entrophy wise, would using a Wroth Scythe really be better than using, say, Redemption at 85?
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-13 09:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

A drk thread really doesn't seem the place to compare Req to Cdc.

Though as far as the 2-3k Reqs: Poidh
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-04-13 09:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Savain said: »
On topic: Entrophy wise, would using a Wroth Scythe really be better than using, say, Redemption at 85?

I haven't tested it because I'm too lazy to take redemption off my mannequin, and wroth out of the garbage. When I had both (before finishing apoc) the damage on redemption was lackluster. Quietus is a "ignores partial defense" ws on the easiest to cap attack job. Even as a "aftermath trigger" it was lackluster. Scythe's higher delay makes it more difficult to compensate for low WS damage with melee damage.
I can't in good faith condone redemption for anything now that merit ws are out. At the time i finished mine, quietus was a slight improvement to guillotine and could come close to my calabolg if I were 5-hitting redemption. Now, if you use scythe over GS at all, you're so much better off just spamming entropy (or resolution for that matter). I can still be competative using torcleaver at 300 tp to start off aftermath because you can do a decent amount with Torcleaver (and then I don't touch it again unless i have a wing or another artificial means of getting 300 tp ie being terror'ed with regain on or whatever).

tl;dr I can't advise using redemption 85 for anything anymore.