Entropy
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-02-27 12:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently upgraded my Apoc to 99. As a fellow dark who merited Entropy, I use it not just for the utility of its MP drain, but it still pulls bigger numbers for me when I have LR/SE/SD up and can dump the full benefit of 4 hits of souleater into it. Thats generally the only time Im certain that it pulls ahead in the brief time I've had my apoc upgraded to the 99 stage.

I would echo the current sentiments that unless you have a relic/mythic/empy scythe, then your DRK should focus on GS and resolution for the most efficient DPS. They often produce bigger numbers in their WSs (properly buffed) than my relic or merited WSs can, although the melee damage on that golden beauty is quite unbelievable.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-27 12:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Seiri said: »
should put them clean ahead of an entropy sam.

Teach me your ways, o mighty wizard.

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I recently upgraded my Apoc to 99. As a fellow dark who merited Entropy, I use it not just for the utility of its MP drain, but it still pulls bigger numbers for me when I have LR/SE/SD up and can dump the full benefit of 4 hits of souleater into it. Thats generally the only time Im certain that it pulls ahead in the brief time I've had my apoc upgraded to the 99 stage. I would echo the current sentiments that unless you have a relic/mythic/empy scythe, then your DRK should focus on GS and resolution for the most efficient DPS. They often produce bigger numbers in their WSs (properly buffed) than my relic or merited WSs can, although the melee damage on that golden beauty is quite unbelievable.

I appreciate you throwing that in there, having seen everyone else pick on my redemption T.T :/ Haha
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-27 12:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have both 5/5, because honestly what others besides Last Stand are worth meriting?

I think DRK is the only job whose Merit WS are far-and-away better than Empyrean and Mythic WS. For both weapons even.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-27 12:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
I have both 5/5, because honestly what others besides Last Stand are worth meriting?

I think DRK is the only job whose Merit WS are far-and-away better than Empyrean and Mythic WS. For both weapons even.

Those are the 3 i merited xD

Also i'm glad SE while wanting to push harder on us that scythe is a utility weapon still made entropy do good dmg. (Surprised quetus or w/e its called didnt abs mp)
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-27 12:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's great that everything has come full circle and a DRK should be carrying both a Scythe and a GS again for Utility vs Damage and procs. Having both Scythe and GS available lets you carry both an OAT and a 2-4 weapon. There's no reason to specialize.
 Siren.Seiri
Server: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-27 12:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Reso, entropy, last stand, (apex if u lack jish), requiescat, shoha, ruinator and extenator (loldagger spelling) are all useful. I personally have reso, entro and requiescat.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-27 12:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Reso, entropy, last stand, (apex if u lack jish), requiescat, shoha, ruinator and extenator (loldagger spelling) are all useful. I personally have reso, entro and requiescat.

I was going to merit Exten but a friend told me it didnt do much more dmg over evis... and i couldnt find ppl with numbers just "Exten beats evis" so i merited last stand and bought a culvarin+1 and now i can shoot ***on thf :O pewpew xD
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-27 12:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

I was going to merit Exten but a friend told me it didnt do much more dmg over evis... and i couldnt find ppl with numbers just "Exten beats evis" so i merited last stand and bought a culvarin+1 and now i can shoot ***on thf :O pewpew xD

Exen will do more for a thf than last stand. Only real time to use marks is certain solos (bolts go) and pulling (again, bolts for speed). Evis still wins in abys and on top end VW (crits outweighing the higher mod/fTP) but on lower stuff exen pulls really nice numbers.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-27 12:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Requiescat is pretty crappy except maybe on RDM who can't swing a mean CDC. Its 'non-physical' niche is filled by Atonement or Sanguine Blade, and the attack penalty is brutal on PLD when there's nothing you can really do about it. MND mod is extra ick.

Shoha is Shoha, but still has crappy skillchain properties. Opens for Fudo at least, and Fudo is only as crappy as the SAM swinging it. You're talking about focusing on more than one DD job though.

Ruinator is great... for BST

Exenterator is a *** to spell. Atma of Echoes and SATA will do some insane e-peen shots though.

So really you have to be playing more than one Heavy DD and more than one Soloist sort of job to need to choose between Reso and Entropy.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-27 12:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Requiescat is pretty crappy except maybe on RDM who can't swing a mean CDC. Its 'non-physical' niche is filled by Atonement or Sanguine Blade, and the attack penalty is brutal on PLD when there's nothing you can really do about it. MND mod is extra ick.

Shoha is Shoha, but still has crappy skillchain properties. Opens for Fudo at least, and Fudo is only as crappy as the SAM swinging it.

Ruinator is great... for BST

Exenterator is a *** to spell.

So really you have to be playing more than one Heavy DD and more than one Soloist sort of job to need to choose between Reso and Entropy.

Err, 'crappy' shouldn't be applied to requiescat. The only crappy part is gearing for it.

First, rdm can pull fairly decent chants, and for pure dmg, chant usually pulls ahead of requies, obviously barring phys resist stuff. Atonement is pigshit with all the stuff that resists spirit damage. Same applies to sanguine and all the stuff that resists dark damage. Req is CDC-1 or so, and stuggles on high def stuff, but by no means is it weak. Also the SC properties for blu are fantastic - most especially if you lack chant. And for any Tizona builders like myself.....becomes ur #1 WS.

Rant over...been hearing some good things about upheaval recently, no data on that though.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-27 13:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Atonement spam on Rex almost won a melee parse, was someewhere on BG. Would probably take me a week to find again. Don't call me the liar though, because they didn't actually post the parse and it was shortly after he was added.

Upheaval is KJ with an extra hit and VIT mod. No fTP carryover like Reso/Entropy, no crits, no fun...
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-27 13:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Upheaval is KJ with an extra hit and VIT mod. No fTP carryover like Reso/Entropy, no crits, no fun...

High vit mod*, but otherwise as I assumed.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-27 13:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »

Exen will do more for a thf than last stand. Only real time to use marks is certain solos (bolts go) and pulling (again, bolts for speed). Evis still wins in abys and on top end VW (crits outweighing the higher mod/fTP) but on lower stuff exen pulls really nice numbers.

Lol im aware Exten would of did more for my thf but I'm asked to go to VW on 3 jobs. Cor,Drk, and Blm. and Last Stand seemed like a good addition to my Cor.

I only use thf for duoing a nm when i need TH. so exten really wouldnt be used much. Though if SE increases Merit WS to 20 sometime soon im pretty sure exten is my next WS.
 Sylph.Ballzack
Server: Sylph
user: Achelies
By Sylph.Ballzack 2012-02-27 14:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh? It is faf but I still thought it was nuts. Was random I thought
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-27 15:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

298 base in a good set, could be up around 4.6-4.9 fTP at 300tp with Belt/Gorget and maybe Mekira. No level correction on him anymore, 2.25 capped Ratio. Gives about 3017-3285 average. A decent NV Drain II and Souleater, suggested by the 949 crit afterwards, should throw about 920 damage on there, so we're looking at 4k. Partied with a DRG or /DRG for Ancient Circle gives another +25%, so we're up to 5k now. If he rolled very high pDif on all four hits (>2.6, not inconceivable) he could reach 6k, 6.2k would be a stretch though, so yeah... Might be some factor I'm missing (has 99 Apoc instead of the 95 in his history, used Absorb-INT or got Boost-INT'd).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-27 15:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

However, it's Lorax. He pisses excellence and laughs in the face of Once-lers.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-02-27 15:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No twilight mail yet, I'm not sure what body would be good for this. It would just be too much tweaking on my end.

By the way wouldn't a Spiral Ring/Augged Diamond Ring(INT+7) be best for Entropy? 2 More INT at the sacrifice of 11 STR doesn't exactly seem fully worth it. In regards to the double Icesoul rings in the set posted earlier
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-27 16:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
No twilight mail yet, I'm not sure what body would be good for this. It would just be too much tweaking on my end.

By the way wouldn't a Spiral Ring/Augged Diamond Ring(INT+7) be best for Entropy? 2 More INT at the sacrifice of 11 STR doesn't exactly seem fully worth it. In regards to the double Icesoul rings in the set posted earlier

Yeh I derped, was trying to quickly reel out my set by memory and..failed. Spiral + omnicient ring (FoV aug 2str/2atk) is what i use atm for lack of a +3int diamond ring aug.

Edit: If no twilight, use grim/+1, unless you're lucky enough to have a blood mail/+1 with decent str augs in which case it beats grim usually.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-02-27 16:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

With Twilight and Relic +2 hands the -STR on Icesoul doesn't hurt as much, but yeah replacing them with +7 INT aug rings would work fine. It would also depend on what your total INT was, because going from 118 to 120 is far more important (2 base damage from 2 INT!) than going from 120 to 122 (one base damage increase). Multiples of 20 (LCM of 1/0.85 and 1) are good numbers to aim for, because one stat point added after them does nothing but the two leading up to it are always an increase.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs 2012-02-27 17:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently upgraded my Apoc to 99. As a fellow dark who merited Entropy, I use it not just for the utility of its MP drain, but it still pulls bigger numbers for me when I have LR/SE/SD up and can dump the full benefit of 4 hits of souleater into it. Thats generally the only time Im certain that it pulls ahead in the brief time I've had my apoc upgraded to the 99 stage.
With a 99 Apoc, will it pull ahead enough to warrant making it 5/5?
Would it even be worth to have it 1/5 just for the utility of of MP drain?
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-02-28 02:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i got mine 1/5 and just added the second merit. In my opinion for the utility purposes, flashy look, and being better then guilotine (for me as a mithra) Entropy is ballin. I just decided to 5/5 it myself since it was doing 1.5k on ep mobs out side aby at 1/5 merits. ill work on a ws build for it also.

so my personal opinion is merit it!

my question which was off and on answered earlyer but not clearly stated is, does elementale gorget/belt smash out other pieces for those slots?
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-02-28 02:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kuryomi said: »
i got mine 1/5 and just added the second merit. In my opinion for the utility purposes, flashy look, and being better then guilotine (for me as a mithra) Entropy is ballin. I just decided to 5/5 it myself since it was doing 1.5k on ep mobs out side aby at 1/5 merits. ill work on a ws build for it also.

my question which was off and on answered earlyer but not clearly stated is, does elementale gorget/belt smash out other pieces for those slots?

Yes, they do, since the initial ftp of the ws is carried through every hit, it gives a tremendous boost to the ws for those two slots.
 Sylph.Ballzack
Server: Sylph
user: Achelies
By Sylph.Ballzack 2012-02-28 06:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The setup in the pic was Rdmx2 Whm Thfx2 Drk Brd Blu we were all bored as hell Brd was giving x2 March for the Thfs
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-02-28 11:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Leviathan.Kuryomi said: »

Yes, they do, since the initial ftp of the ws is carried through every hit, it gives a tremendous boost to the ws for those two slots.

awesome thanks
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-02-28 12:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs said: »
With a 99 Apoc, will it pull ahead enough to warrant making it 5/5?
Would it even be worth to have it 1/5 just for the utility of of MP drain?

Played with it more last night, It pulls ahead of Cata when you have Souleater up and can put 4 hits of HP into it. Otherwise, its great for replenishing your MP pool cause at least at 5/5 (not sure about tnon 5/5), it nets 400+ per instance. Basically it let's you forget about aspir /aspir II and the valuable time lost casting those spells. Now, if you can find a good use for that regained MP, you're golden.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-28 12:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Scruffyballs said: »
With a 99 Apoc, will it pull ahead enough to warrant making it 5/5? Would it even be worth to have it 1/5 just for the utility of of MP drain?
Played with it more last night, It pulls ahead of Cata when you have Souleater up and can put 4 hits of HP into it. Otherwise, its great for replenishing your MP pool cause at least at 5/5 (not sure about tnon 5/5), it nets 400+ per instance. Basically it let's you forget about aspir /aspir II and the valuable time lost casting those spells. Now, if you can find a good use for that regained MP, you're golden.

Do you really cast enough to ever be in need of MP? As soon as I finish 99 Apoc I'm dumping my Entropy merits. With SE up Guillotine is too close to Entropy from a damage perspective. (4hits is 4hits)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-28 14:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If we pretend that anyone with drk leveled can find Ganesha's mala in a chest, I anticipate finding myself in a pickle for mp. The loss of the refresh from bale choker is at least inconvenient enough for me to warrant keeping my 5/5 (although i'll understand if others dont). I do cast drain (2), dread spikes, and endark frequently enough that not having a good form of refresh becomes at least inconvienient to me.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-28 15:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
If we pretend that anyone with drk leveled can find Ganesha's mala in a chest, I anticipate finding myself in a pickle for mp. The loss of the refresh from bale choker is at least inconvenient enough for me to warrant keeping my 5/5 (although i'll understand if others dont). I do cast drain (2), dread spikes, and endark frequently enough that not having a good form of refresh becomes at least inconvienient to me.

Put Twilight body/Bale/Ogrie/Refresh pin/refresh sub in your idol set.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-02-28 15:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use spellcast (gasp), but I know what you mean. I do have a "im running around between fighting" button with regen/refresh in it.
By Thanzo187 2012-02-29 12:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So whats the best Entropy gear set so far?