THF TP Sets And Assassin Poulaines +2.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF TP sets and Assassin Poulaines +2.
THF TP sets and Assassin Poulaines +2.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-01-08 22:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally wouldn't use Prosilio anymore unless the group setup was always the same and I was sure I would never be capping attack since, as Ihina pointed out elsewhere, it's a DPS downgrade if you do manage to cap.

I take it Cerberus +1 wasn't performing well in your setup?
By Otomis 2013-01-08 22:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »

I take it Cerberus +1 wasn't performing well in your setup?

Nope, not getting good results from it. kinda just by looking at it with no math you wonder how some DW and attack can out do so much loss in multi-hit as I think some one stated earlier. Some times using the sheet s I am not always sure I am getting best results. But that is why I post here lol, I know some math wizards here can correct me.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-01-09 00:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »
Taking a look at this set in perspective to higher Lv mobs, used Qilin on sheet. Same conclusion as other but I am having Love come ahead of Rancor.

Sometimes it's important to understand why some gear comes out ahead in spreadsheet, especially when the results are not consistent. As mentioned before by Sylow, Love Torque can come ahead of Rancor when in a very specific sweet spot for DEX, which will get you 1% crit for every DEX lying within that spot. It's great, but the sweet spot is only within 40-50 DEX over the enemy's AGI. It's a small target to hit, and knowing the AGI of everything you fight off hand is not realistic (not to mention having a TP set based on it).

In the long run, stick to Rancor. Getting all 5 DEX in the target range is not going to be common enough to outweigh all the times it misses it.

There are similar cases, like Nemetona vs Skadi +1 and Thaumas vs Skadi +1. But these switches involve a larger amount of DEX that are more likely to increase crit rate, can contribute a significant increase to DPS at the right spots, and have other nice stats that allow it to be a minimal loss of DPS in the case that you don't benefit from the DEX (large loss if you're using it in situations where you should just have a completely alternate set). Whether it's worth it is a matter of opinion and greatly depends on what you usually use your THF for.

For your Mercy Stroke set, I'm very surprised that you are getting so much multi-hit gear as being the best, so I'm guessing this is unstacked. In that case, I suggest sticking to Exen and only use Mercy when paired with SA or TA (ideal sets will come out different for each of these).

If you don't have Exen (meriting only three WS really sucks), then that would be a pretty good unstacked Mercy set. As Suji touched on, Prosilio is terrible when attack is capped, but this comes back again to what you'd be fighting on your THF. If you switch often enough between fodder and high defense monsters, you may look into two different sets.
 Asura.Kurriko
Server: Asura
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-01-16 08:40:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Rancor beats Portus for TP?
Nefarious beats both unless you need Acc normally (You switch out Atheling Mantle for Rancorous Mantle in this case).

The difference is minimal, however.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-01-24 15:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you have AF2+3 head, Thaumas Body, Twilight Belt, Thaumas Legs, and Relic +2 feet, are the Thaumas Gloves or AF3+2 gloves better? Assuming the Accuracy is about the same from the extra DEX from the set bonus then it's (3% Haste) vs (3STR, 16 Attack, and an extremely small set bonus chance) . I dunno, to me it just doesn't seem like enough to beat 3% more haste.
 Asura.Kurriko
Server: Asura
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-01-25 04:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember without opening the spreadsheet again, but I think in lowman/dyna-type content AF3+2 hands would win in that instance.

However, once you replace AF2+2 feet with Thaumas feet, Thaumas hands win.
 Fenrir.Othilda
Server: Fenrir
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2013-02-19 13:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I know some sets were posted previously, but I was wondering if anyone has anymore recommendations or updates for the "best" current tp set for thf.

Anything new? I'm doing a lot of salvage and was wondering how useful those pieces would be for thf. I tend to not want to let go of any thaumas pieces lol.

Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-02-19 19:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing based on the quotation marks, you know that best is always situational. A lot of people will get varying results mostly based on current dDEX, which isn't necessarily a good thing to rely on.

I'd say Skadi's Visor +1 is about equal to Khepri Bonnet is about equal to Nemetona Cap. Each will pull ahead depending on PDIF, fSTR and dDEX, but their averages will all come out the same more or less. Raider's Bonnet +1 when PDIF, fSTR and dDEX are capped (fodder).

Excluding the head and the obvious accessories, I think the generally accepted best non-fodder sets now are:

1: Thaumas Coat/Skadi's Bazubands +1/Patentia Sash/Thaumas Kecks (technically Khepri unless low on acc)/Sigyn's Jambeaux

2: Or, when in a nice dDEX spot, Skadi's Cuirie +1/everything else the same as above (Twilight Belt if double marches)

Basically, get Skadi's Bazubands +1 and Sigyn's Jambeaux first. If you want to gear based on dDEX, pick up Skadi's Cuirie +1 and Skadi's Visor +1 as well.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-26 19:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
Excluding the head and the obvious accessories, I think the generally accepted best non-fodder sets now are:

1: Thaumas Coat/Skadi's Bazubands +1/Patentia Sash/Thaumas Kecks (technically Khepri unless low on acc)/Sigyn's Jambeaux

2: Or, when in a nice dDEX spot, Skadi's Cuirie +1/everything else the same as above (Twilight Belt if double marches)

Basically, get Skadi's Bazubands +1 and Sigyn's Jambeaux first. If you want to gear based on dDEX, pick up Skadi's Cuirie +1 and Skadi's Visor +1 as well.
I agree with your analysis but which sets are you using as alternatives for comparison, if you don't mind me bringing this up again?

I'm poking around and I think the first set above is probably the best all-around TP set now. You'd need abnormally low fSTR for the Khepri pieces to be competitive and the DEX on that set is already 150 for Mithra, which should be enough to cap dDEX on Dyna DC (the only case where I'd recommend paying attention to it, since it's so controlled). Thus I don't see Skadi +1 body having much of a role, which leaves us with this set, to spell it out explicitly:

The neck/back combo is pretty interchangeable as usual.

I'd say Skadi's Visor +1 is about equal to Khepri Bonnet is about equal to Nemetona Cap. Each will pull ahead depending on PDIF, fSTR and dDEX, but their averages will all come out the same more or less. Raider's Bonnet +1 when PDIF, fSTR and dDEX are capped (fodder).
This is a bit too general since it implies that all of those situations are equally probable. I think it's safe to say that Skadi's Visor +1 is the best head in general, by at least 1% in most cases. Also, using Raider's Bonnet +2 means you lose out on the 3% crit rate as well as 1% haste if you're using the above set, so it's a questionable swap and probably a DPS loss even if you're hyper-buffed, assuming it's just a drop-in to the set above.

I'm definitely interested in seeing more sets or criticism though.. Just switched over from farming ares and I'm trying to come up with a solid plan.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-02-26 23:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I left it quite general because it depends on target, equip, race, etc. and the slightest changes can greatly affect any armor worn for its STR or attack, let alone DEX. I argue that these gear sets are close because what's better is going to change based on attributes that you don't know off hand, even if you have a general idea.

For example, "Dynamis DC" in the excel is going to be an average, not the exact number for each individual monster, let alone species (not to mention the original numbers were pretty different and the "new" VIT was simply guesstimated based on the results of AGI tests, so I tend to not assume that because the excel says I'm capped, I'm capped).

I don't want to say "When in Dynamis, use this," or "This is the best TP set of all time," or even "This is what comes out ahead for this with this on this," but rather "When in this type of situation, this tends to pull ahead, but since it's usually hard to tell when that situation is in game, use your best judgment. Averaging it out, I feel like these are all acceptable answers, even if they aren't perfect in every situation." I probably should have been more specific about their strengths and weaknesses rather than assume what you call being probable is the same to me as it is to her or to you, and thus decide they are equal in "average." So you are right, if you are mainly in Dynamis, they are not going to be equal.

But even just in Dynamis, change a few things like using Acid Bolts, offhanding STR Thokcha or haste levels and you can manipulate any of the hats to come out ahead. The other pieces are pretty much straight answers across the board except body, which I'll get back to below, and, as you mention, neck/back. I don't carry around Nefarious myself for inventory reasons, so I often fail to consider it in spreadsheet.

If you want me to me more specific, then (Hume, RCB, Haste, x2 March, Haste Samba, 10% def down, /DNC, 99Mandau+90Twash -- now that I'm done with Khepri, don't really feel like sinking gil into 99 Twash until I see what expansion has to offer, and I'm 0/100+ on Pug):

Fodder: Capped on dDEX, fSTR, and cRatio
Raider's Bonnet +2: 550
Skadi's Visor +1 (+3 crit rate from 2/5 set): 544
Nemetona Cap: 536
Khepri Bonnet: 536

Dynamis DC: Capped on dDEX, but not on cRatio and fSTR
Nemetona: 526
Khepri: 522
Skadi's: 517
Raider's: 517

EM: Capped on dDEX, but not fSTR or cRatio
Nemetona: 403
Khepri: 400
Raider's: 392
Skadi's: 392

Qilin: Not capped on accuracy, dDEX (hitting sweet spot in Khepri and Skadi), fSTR or cRatio
Khepri: 239
Skadi's: 226
Nemetona: 219
Raider's: 215

Also worth noting, dropping double marches and Samba, I get Skadi's>Khepri/Neme by about 0.4% in Dynamis. Khepri or Neme still > Skadi's on EM/Qilin. I assumed double marches goes in Skadi's favor, so I can't really tell why losing haste is better for it in spreadsheet. Maybe you have some ideas :x

As for Skadi's Cuirie +1, I can get it to come out ahead of Thaumas, even without switching from Patentia to Twilight, but of course it comes down to hitting the sweet spot. Whether that happens to be on Dynamis DC like Byrth's spreadsheet results or Qilin like on mine really doesn't matter, because I don't know where that sweet spot is for Othilda--could be anywhere in between.

Edit:
I also want to say that I don't "promote" Skadi's Cuirie +1, or DEX builds outside of Dynamis for that matter, I simply wanted to put that out there as a possibility because there are going to be people saying it's better than Thaumas Coat, just like in this thread, and I wanted to present -why- they got that result, so that whoever reads my post can decide for themselves whether it's worth it or not.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-02-27 00:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just switched over from farming ares and I'm trying to come up with a solid plan.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-27 00:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate the detailed reply and am very familiar with the impact of small changes and context on overall DPS but I still think those results are somewhat misleading because of the next paragraph.

Re your question, in your buff setup, I think Haste Samba causing the surprise as it's pushing you to delay capped levels and thus causing the fluctuation of haste values amongst the other head pieces to have no effect in the comparison. I think this is worth accounting for specifically, as with other jobs who reach delay-capped status, since it's a function of your buffs and your gear, rather than enemy stats like the other DPS factors.

It comes back to what one considers probable and I think, due to the diversity of buff configurations, we can't realistically gear for them all. I agree that I'd rather not say "this is best" since it's guaranteed to be wrong in one case or another (I'm notorious for never giving straight answers in my shell) but if there is a set that's generally useful in all contexts, or even if you can break it down into two or three sets, that has value and we have to consider what's probable to get there.

Feel free to add me on guildwork if you want to discuss it more. I've become somewhat averse to posting specific numbers these days due to previous inefficiency where folks play ping-pong with numbers that don't match up for far too long.
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-27 00:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Just switched over from farming ares and I'm trying to come up with a solid plan.
you got me :p
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-02-27 00:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate the detailed reply and am very familiar with the impact of small changes and context on overall DPS but I still think those results are somewhat misleading because of the next paragraph.

Re your question, in your buff setup, I think Haste Samba causing the surprise as it's pushing you to delay capped levels and thus causing the fluctuation of haste values amongst the other head pieces to have no effect in the comparison. I think this is worth accounting for specifically, as with other jobs who reach delay-capped status, since it's a function of your buffs and your gear, rather than enemy stats like the other DPS factors.

It comes back to what one considers probable and I think, due to the diversity of buff configurations, we can't realistically gear for them all. I agree that I'd rather not say "this is best" since it's guaranteed to be wrong in one case or another (I'm notorious for never giving straight answers in my shell) but if there is a set that's generally useful in all contexts, or even if you can break it down into two or three sets, that has value and we have to consider what's probable to get there.

Feel free to add me on guildwork if you want to discuss it more. I've become somewhat averse to posting specific numbers these days due to previous inefficiency where folks play ping-pong with numbers that don't match up for far too long.

You're totally right, I somehow managed to overlook gear haste completely when I tried to determine if that was the reason and found my delay still far from cap. Math while pulling in Legion >_>;;; Samba basically puts you right on cap.

Because of this, Skadi+1's value is quite depreciated in my numbers. I tried to pick a situation to its advantage and failed ;<
 Phoenix.Suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-27 00:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of this, Skadi+1's value is quite depreciated in my numbers. I tried to pick a situation to its advantage and failed ;<
Glad I'm not crazy though! :)
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-02-27 01:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Also edited my post slightly to attribute uncapped accuracy for the large advantage of Khepri on Qilin.

I also tend to avoid numbers for the reason you explained, in fact I'm the one that PM'd you from another thread with help to get my numbers anywhere around yours. You helped me get close but still not exact haha :3

But for the sake of someone reading my numbers and just leaving it at that or seeming bias now that I've realized my mistake, I wanted to post again without the marches/samba, also bearing in mind that this changed dDEX levels since no more +10 DEX from Marches.

(Hume, RCB, Haste, 10% def down, /DNC, 99Mandau+90Twash)

Fodder: Capped on dDEX, fSTR, and cRatio
Skadi's Visor +1 (+3 crit rate from 2/5 set): 346
Raider's Bonnet +2: 345
Nemetona Cap: 337
Khepri Bonnet: 337

Dynamis DC: Not capped on dDEX (hitting 3 DEX in sweet spot in Skadi and Khepri), cRatio or fSTR
Skadi's: 331
Khepri: 329
Nemetona: 328
Raider's: 324

EM: Capped on dDEX, but not on cRatio and fSTR
Nemetona: 256
Khepri: 255
Skadi's: 254
Raider's: 251

Qilin: Not capped on accuracy, dDEX (NOT hitting sweet spot in Khepri and Skadi), fSTR or cRatio
Khepri: 143
Skadi's: 137
Nemetona: 137
Raider's: 136

Extras for fun:

Dynamis DC as Mithra: Capped on dDEX, but not cRatio or fSTR
Nemetona: 330
Skadi's: 328
Khepri: 328
Raider's: 324

Qilin with Stalwarts: not capped on dDEX (NOT hitting sweet spot in Khepri and Skadi), fSTR or cRatio
Nemetona: 211
Skadi's: 209
Khepri: 208
Raider's: 204

Considering that the differences (apart from fodder set) between the three main hats are often a matter of 1% or less, I'd still tell someone that they are more or less equal. You can see that on Dynamis DC, as just changing my race suddenly switched Neme and Skadi's because of higher DEX and lower STR, but in practically equal amounts.

In the end, I totally would not disagree if someone where to stick with Skadi's in Dynamis even if the spreadsheet says it's 1% behind Neme, or vice versa. The VIT might be wrong, the defense might be wrong, maybe the AGI average is different if you don't fight Hippos, who knows :x

Edit: I do want to point out that I was off to assume that Raider's Bonnet +2 was best for fodder. In fact, I now don't find it worth a spot in inventory if you have Skadi's.
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2013-03-03 17:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Came up with this set tonight while I was playing around in spreadsheets:

I currently use this one:

*both sets can also use Coruscanti for off hand*

Which would you think performs better overall or on Dynamis DCs? And how would Nomkahpa fair in set #2?
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-03-03 18:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this...the fail thf thread? Thought SE already said thf's that aren't fulltiming th gear are the weakest links?
 Ragnarok.Kogenta
user: Kogenta
By Ragnarok.Kogenta 2013-03-04 11:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I got myself a pair of wrathwing nails, and i'm not sure if they are any good for either thf or pld, the only 2 jobs i have that equip them.
Anyone cared enough to consider them for a tp set on THF and has an opinion about it?
 Fenrir.Othilda
user: Othilda
By Fenrir.Othilda 2013-03-04 13:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kogenta said: »
I got myself a pair of wrathwing nails, and i'm not sure if they are any good for either thf or pld, the only 2 jobs i have that equip them.
Anyone cared enough to consider them for a tp set on THF and has an opinion about it?

I can see those being useful if you need the extra haste in that spot and don't have salvage gear yet. As of right now I use the relic +2 feet in that spot and would prefer the triple attack and have haste covered in other spots. I don't have a spreadsheet to put it in, but think that those feet would not be horrible.

Now someone put in in a spreadsheet and do the math! lol

Edit: could always use those feet in a BRD DD set for TP XD
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-03-04 13:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sell them to some idiot.
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2013-03-05 12:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

best option at 99 thf poulaines as'+2 tp/set !!! and u can enjoy augment on as'charge too
 Cerberus.Dekarius
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekarius
By Cerberus.Dekarius 2013-03-08 10:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I think this is the best set up..
Sorry about the mistake before lol I should have previewed it ._.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-03-08 10:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That setup has 21% Haste, so you can almost guarantee it's not the best. Swap the feet to Sigyn and the waist to Patentia, then you have the best setup.

This post optimized their setup using the spreadsheets:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28068/thf-tp-sets-and-assassin-poulaines-2/8/#2239132

And came up with something similar to a set that was posted a few pages back:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28068/thf-tp-sets-and-assassin-poulaines-2/7/#2164244

Which was the same (almost?) as a set posted the page before:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28068/thf-tp-sets-and-assassin-poulaines-2/6/#2140964

And I pretty much agree with:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/28068/thf-tp-sets-and-assassin-poulaines-2/7/#2164254

So no, the only two things to discuss are:
* Skadi's Chausses +1 vs. Thaumas Kecks?
* Rancor Collar / Atheling Mantle vs. Nefarious Collar / Rancorous Mantle?

Other than those points, four different posters have agreed on the ideal set that they reached using the spreadsheets.
[+]
By Dmoney 2013-03-08 11:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How do u guys feel a wirve gorget augment with crit hit rate +2 subtle blow +4 regular stats def8 acc+5 rng acc +5 compare to the other crit hit neck? This is what I've been using for sometime now Igot when farming glavoid shells
By Dmoney 2013-03-08 11:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

O and am using af3+2 head and NNI body/hands/legs/feet atm for tp
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-03-08 11:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dmoney said: »
How do u guys feel a wirve gorget augment with crit hit rate +2 subtle blow +4 regular stats def8 acc+5 rng acc +5 compare to the other crit hit neck? This is what I've been using for sometime now Igot when farming glavoid shells
Inferior to rancor collar for crit rate.

Inferior to nefarious collar if you are afraid of damage taken or want to combo with rancorous mantle.

Cheap, albeit inferior, option to both of them.
By Dmoney 2013-03-08 11:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

sometimes use af3+2 hands with athos boots instead of NNI I'm just not the best with FFXI MATH not sure which is better
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9