THF TP Sets And Assassin Poulaines +2.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF TP sets and Assassin Poulaines +2.
THF TP sets and Assassin Poulaines +2.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-14 01:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I already have a Yataghan with DMG+6 on it, tried so many times to get a perfect Yataghan but it wouldnt give it to me.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-14 01:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be bad if I just made an AGI based Thokcha and offhanded Twilight? Seen as I do end up /DNC tanking something most of the time, whether it be in Abyssea or Dynamis.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-14 02:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Would it be bad if I just made an AGI based Thokcha and offhanded Twilight? Seen as I do end up /DNC tanking something most of the time, whether it be in Abyssea or Dynamis.

Should be near capped, or reasonably close, by using either a hybrid or standard TP set in those areas without sacrificing a lot of dps in the sub weapon slot. Agi dagger honestly isn't good at all. Str is extremely good, though.

Funny thing, I think Byrth was considering Coruscanti/Str Thokcha over Twashtar/Thokcha-Coruscanti.

I'd have to dig around for the results on that. I think it's in the dnc paradigms thread.
 Lakshmi.Diaboli
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Diaboli 2012-01-14 03:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Yes I had been subbing NIN when I came back to the game lately after a break, I hit the 99 cap then started doing Abyssea stuff on /nin. But over the last couple of weeks I have avoided using it, in favour of /DNC or /WAR. :)

Unless i'm in dynamis, some areas are extremely annoying if you have to use Spectral Jig lol.

While it's not a perfect fix, you still have to be 8 "yalms" away from a mob that aggro's sneak and you use spellcast, put this in your XML..
Code
			<if spell="Monomi: Ichi|Sneak">
				<midcastdelay delay="2.4"/>
				<command when="midcast">cancel 71</command>
			</if>
			<if spell="Spectral Jig">
				<command when="precast">cancel 71</command>
			</if>
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-14 16:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah it kills me that the two daggers I been working on ain't so good compared to the STR dagger..

I looked at what I need to do to get Coruscanti, and I don't think Ill get one anytime soon.. also I am not working on Twashtar either as my main concern is getting a Redemption(already had the discussion where I should get Caladbolg for my DRK instead of that) so I might have to ditch the DEX dagger, and work on having a STR and AGI Thokcha.

Thanks Diaboli but I don't use Spellcast, cheers for that though.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2012-01-14 23:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

According to some parses done on BG, capped haste is no longer the way to go on THF.

is apparently what you should be aiming for.

Parses were done against replacing Armlet's +2 with haste 4% option (it lost) and against armlets +2 and haste feet (it lost).
 Titan.Bomber
Server: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2012-01-14 23:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

THF knife,assasin armlets+2 and raider's shoes+2 never never take them off!
[+]
 Leviathan.Jekyll
Server: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2012-01-14 23:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jimie said: »
According to some parses done on BG, capped haste is no longer the way to go on THF.

Parses were done against replacing Armlet's +2 with haste 4% option (it lost) and against armlets +2 and haste feet (it lost).

I searched around for these parses but came up empty handed, could you provide a link? Also, for whatever reason your gear set is blank.
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2012-01-15 02:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jekyll said: »

I searched around for these parses but came up empty handed, could you provide a link? Also, for whatever reason your gear set is blank.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/105811-What-s-Better/page98
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2012-01-15 03:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2012-01-15 03:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bomber said: »

Don't even joke about that, that's why there are so many bad THFs.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-01-15 03:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Homam pants.. really.. >_>
Use af3+1\2 legs.
Why on earth would you want the fast cast in your tp set?
Yeah just macroe in a fastcast set lol...losing out on true "haste cap" and some triple attack on TP set.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-01-15 03:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said: »
Titan.Bomber said: »

Don't even joke about that, that's why there are so many bad THFs.
Or good THF's. TH is a THF's job, anything else they do is a bonus. :P
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2012-01-15 04:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »

That can be done by a dual box mule. That's not a THF's job.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-01-15 06:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gredival said: »
Siren.Thoraeon said: »

That can be done by a dual box mule. That's not a THF's job.
The primary reason to bring a thf to anything is for TH. Most, if not all other tasks can be accomplished better by another job that is equally geared.

That being said, if you are on THF, you might as well do more than just TH anyways.
[+]
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2012-01-15 06:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

All DD classes have the primary purpose of dealing damage, they all bring a slightly different dynamic to the table while doing so.

THF's is supposed to be hate control and treasure hunter. WAR and MNK are supposed to be semi-tanks. SAM's is supposed to be skillchain mastery. DRK's is supposed to be magic (lol) and sheer attack power, etc. etc.

The fact that THF's most basic hate control mechanism relies on dealing damage in order to control hate illustrates the importance of damage to the class.
 Leviathan.Laphine
By Leviathan.Laphine 2012-01-15 07:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Parses aren't a reliable way to define damage. Too many uncontrolled variables. That being said, those aren't parses, those are numbers from kinematics/Motenten's spreadsheet. It's no surprise it's ok to sacrifice haste with that feet, however you gotta keep in mind this is only valid in low buff (haste) situations. But lol i'll be damned if this isn't usually the case for us.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2012-01-15 09:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to look at the usefulness of thf as a DD... Look at voidwatch which takes TH out of the equation. See any thfs there that are not there by luck / chance?... No?

Most people that take a Thf to voidwatch still think that TH helps or filled a slot with a Thf that got lucky.

Your purpose is TH. Take that away and other jobs can do what you do better.
[+]
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2012-01-15 10:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

this
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2012-01-16 01:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said: »
If you want to look at the usefulness of thf as a DD... Look at voidwatch which takes TH out of the equation. See any thfs there that are not there by luck / chance?... No?

Most people that take a Thf to voidwatch still think that TH helps or filled a slot with a Thf that got lucky.

Your purpose is TH. Take that away and other jobs can do what you do better.

Go look at the Voidwatch and THF thread in this forum.

1. In theory, does THF deal the most dmg? No. But by most estimations (as of right now) neither does DRG, SAM, or DRK. For every DD job, MNK and WAR can do it better. If you wanted pure DMG and nothing but, you would just take WARs and MNKs. The only reason the other jobs get to come out and play and THF doesn't is the lack of exclusive procs.

2. In practice, their results can be significant despite the lack of a developer crafted crutch.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-01-16 01:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

In that build, wonder if tiercel would outperform love torque.
 Phoenix.Purraj
user: Cbarra87
By Phoenix.Purraj 2012-01-16 01:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

A THFs job is technically for more than TH, or atleast it's supposed to be. I.E. Hate control, moderate DPS, etc. Enough people complain about difficulty in game mechanics, however, and it has slowly become more about subbing SAM and WSing as fast as possible and you win the game. Just bring along some buffs and healing and you're np.

I DPS decently on THF, and it would suck always seeing 12 Ukko's fury going off. I'd get bored.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-16 21:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lulz.

I just wanted to say that.

Lulz.
[+]
 Valefor.Megatron
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Megatron 2012-01-17 09:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize for my ignorance on this matter if the answer is quite obvious but is it safe to say that this combination of gear is an acceptable & good TP set (maybe use Agasaya's Collar or Rancor Collar instead of Love Torque?) that can be used instead of a 26% haste build set? Or should it really not be used & just stick with the 26% haste? (I'm thinking more for solo purposes or with just receiving haste spell but no BRD available for march songs). Thanks.
 Phoenix.Esvedium
user: Esvedium
By Phoenix.Esvedium 2012-01-18 11:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Lulz.

I just wanted to say that.

Lulz.

Why are you "lulz"ing at math?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-18 14:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Because anyone with minimal knowledge of the game knows that setup is nonsense.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2012-01-19 11:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm simply reflecting what's been discussed in a BG thread using Motenten's spreadsheet. Have a read, I linked it above. Basically for situatations where you're not getting marches, relic+2 feet and af3+2 hands are going to beat anything else you can put in those slots.

The demonry ring was a mistake on my part, Rajas, apparently, will still offer sufficient benefit to make it the better option. The Love Torque I prefer to Rancor Collar because I can't stand TP'ing in -10% damage taken. Although for pure DD purposes, unless you're in the sweet dDex spot where that extra 5 DEX is adding some crit rate, Rancor will beat Love.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-19 12:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm simply reflecting what's been discussed in a BG thread using Motenten's spreadsheet. Have a read, I linked it above. Basically for situatations where you're not getting marches, relic+2 feet and af3+2 hands are going to beat anything else you can put in those slots.

The demonry ring was a mistake on my part, Rajas, apparently, will still offer sufficient benefit to make it the better option. The Love Torque I prefer to Rancor Collar because I can't stand TP'ing in -10% damage taken. Although for pure DD purposes, unless you're in the sweet dDex spot where that extra 5 DEX is adding some crit rate, Rancor will beat Love.
Your link is busted for anybody who doesn't use your page settings, link the correct post next time. I remember parts of the discussion so I'll cover them as best I can:

-I think Demonry ended up being better, the extended discussion of Rajas was a product of the person asking for build advice having no clue about how valuable STR/STP are for DW jobs.
-The calculations were specifically made without food or buffs because the person asking for advice stipulated those conditions. I'd hope we're all using food in practice here even if that person chooses not to.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-01-19 13:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
-The calculations were specifically made without food or buffs because the person asking for advice stipulated those conditions. I'd hope we're all using food in practice here even if that person chooses not to.

so with a normal att/str food and 1 attack speed buff (like haste samba and/or haste) a setup with relic+2 shoes and haste hands win?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9