[Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » [Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)
[Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-12-01 03:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said: »
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Wall of text
I don't think what you post was retard, you made very good point.

Though I have to say that reading those melee-RDM thread on the official forum almost made me an anti-RDM melee.

They deffinitly need to make some major change about RDM enfeeblings because at this very moment, pretty much anything can slow or paralyze decently.Also everything(or almost), seems to be immune to gravity/bind D: If they weren't, once aggain a whm, a blm or a sch could do the enfeebler job :(

I think on the healer side, the recent easy 50% cure potency being Avalaible on RDM is a god sent.

Didn't SE said they would change the way MND/Healing magic skill would affect Cure?Or it's just my Imagination.

I was very anti-RDM melee too and I still am anti the idea of making it just another melee; I feel that giving RDM a legitimate reason to WANT to melee could enhance the playability of the job though (it would also introduce two different ways of playing RDM as a whole with the stances too).

Yeah, they said that Cure IV in particular would have its formula adjusted (at the same time where they stated RDM/SCH would not be receiving Cure V).

Quote:
Cause you want a reason to wear those pants again?

There is always a reason to wear those pants. It's just having RDMcats around for purposes other than looking hot :(
By oncura 2011-12-01 04:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said: »
I agree with that decision.Any RDM before abyssea could keep a haste + refresh cycle WHILE enfeebling and support curing/-nas.I personally did it countless times and it's what I liked about RDM, always busy, never getting bored.

I personally don't understand that urge for people to have everything AoE, the new abyssea RDMs deffinitly need some 2005 training.

it's not just the rdm trust me. I have some friends i've played with lately who cant even fathom how we did what we did back then, it's sad and breaks my heart.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-12-01 04:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cast haste, you have time for 2 debuffs on mob then haste 2 debuffs haste, refresh repeat for hours on end... ah good times good times
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-01 04:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
"It's too hard to keep up a haste cycle :("
I remember when red mages knew what to do in a party and how to do it...
[+]
By Quiznor 2011-12-01 04:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Msthief said: »
mortontony1 said: »
What if RDM got hastega but the haste effect was only half or 1/3 as strong or something?

Then everyone would want "real" hastes.
And then there would be issues that hastega overwrites a real haste and people start flipping out lolololol

Reminds me of the 75 cap.I'd always be on BLU and never get haste because the mages didnt think BLU needed it.Same with refresh.Then the 80 cap came out,BLU got its own 15% haste spell that lasts longer than normal haste and a better refresh spell.Suddenly,RDMs everywhere who started feeling useless decided now they have to overwrite MY better buffs after I've spent the mp on casting them.......***
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-01 04:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Since I started playing at the NA release and when I leveled whm I was the one that always kept the haste cycle up. No one else seemed to want to step up so I made it my habit to do it myself.

Very rarely do I meet RDM's that can keep up a haste cycle on their own. I don't mind doing haste, but when I have to focus on healing instead they don't keep haste up at all.

I don't know why it's so hard for some people, it isn't very exciting to do but if you were melee'ing/tanking/whatever wouldn't you want haste?
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-01 04:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Reminds me of the 75 cap.I'd always be on BLU and never get haste because the mages didnt think BLU needed it.Same with refresh.Then the 80 cap came out,BLU got its own 15% haste spell that lasts longer than normal haste and a better refresh spell.Suddenly,RDMs everywhere who started feeling useless decided now they have to overwrite MY better buffs after I've spent the mp on casting them.......***

Oh I know that pain all too well from my blu.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-12-01 04:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM's know what to do.... but just like people don't level WHM or RDM if they don't want to do it, even RDM's don't really care for cycles when they could just allow Accession to work with it.

No job should be "Cycle two spells over and over"

Enhancing the party should never be a full time job, especially when in reality you have but two spells to do it but because of the way SE is, you must cycle every 3 minutes. Removing this stupid thing opens it up for RDM's, and even WHM's the ability to completely focus elsewhere while keeping the buffs up.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-01 04:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »

RDM's know what to do.... but just like people don't level WHM or RDM if they don't want to do it, even RDM's don't really care for cycles when they could just allow Accession to work with it.

Enhancing the party should never bee a full time job, especially when in reality you have but two spells to do it but because of the way SE is, you must cycle every 3 minutes.

huh? Rdm AF3+2 set is all about composure bonuses, isn't it?
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-12-01 04:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Enhancing the party should never bee a full time job, especially when in reality you have but two spells to do it but because of the way SE is, you must cycle every 3 minutes.

huh? Rdm AF3+2 set is all about composure bonuses, isn't it?

And then when people ask for new enhancing magic they get told "RDM is not an Enhancing Job, it's an Enfeebler"
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-01 04:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SE doesn't tell them that, SE tells them they are the enhancing job... /still confused :(
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-12-01 04:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
SE doesn't tell them that, SE tells them they are the enhancing job... /still confused :(

The manifesto (and even that was mistranslated) did, nothing since has really stated as much.

Quote:
Red mage was designed to be proficient in the ways of enfeebling magic and single-target/self enhancements. Magic spells were split so that red mages focused on single-target magic, while white mages excelled in AoE magic.

Was probably the most we got on the subject, whereas suggestions for more enhancing either gets ignored or blocked by the reps. It's an Enhancing Job in all of two (non self-target) spells on ridiculous duration's even with AF+2.

Like I said, I personally see no issue with allowing Haste to be made AoE even if only by Accession which was what that post suggested before someone rightly said why should RDM or WHM rely on /SCH to do a spell they were the first to gain AoE. In fact, right now I could care less if RDM got the AoE version, but WHM should have got it ages ago "Since they are the jobs that excelled in AoE magic"
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-01 04:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

....lol nvm
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-01 05:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of a total job rework that seems unlikely to happen, I think that you could fix the desirability of both RDM and SCH with these three adjustments:
1) Make helices give +20% damage to the matching element for their duration.
2) Make all Enhancing Magic stack with Accession, no exceptions.
3) Increase the potency of Temper (~double?)

This would not fix many of the problems plaguing the jobs. RDM would still be a pretty mediocre melee. SCH would still be confused in the healing department. Enspell IIs would still be very poorly designed. etc.

However, it would turn RDM into a DD-burn friendly healer and SCH into the alliance-friendly nuker. Both jobs would see a lot more action than they do currently, and the suggested changes are not even difficult.
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-12-01 05:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I love RDM. I miss RDM. The day SE decides to stop making RDM it's token whipping mule, it might get fun again.
 Asura.Mekaider
Server: Asura
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-12-01 05:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol...

It's dumb questions like this that get us spells like Temper. I mean, really...

The only improvement i would like to see is addle stripped from WHM's. Then i'd be happy.

Edit: Actually, i'd like more spaces in my *** macros too. (Lol360)

Cure V is not needed on RDM. We have full cure potency now as well as an even higher fast cast cap.

Haste-ga is pure lazy. Cycles are a RDM's job, whether it be haste, refresh, etc. It always has been. Personally i don't think it should be implemented however it annoys me when they say no from a balance point of view. Um, BLU > Diffusion > Animated Wail. Granted diffusion has a timer proportionate to merits but it's still do-able.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-01 06:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch fun:
"It's fire magic"
"not blm"
"not brd"
"not blu"
"Rdm have you tried addle?"
silence...
"nvm, whm try addle"
"I have addle???"
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-01 06:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Shiva.Msthief said: »
mortontony1 said: »
What if RDM got hastega but the haste effect was only half or 1/3 as strong or something?

Then everyone would want "real" hastes.
And then there would be issues that hastega overwrites a real haste and people start flipping out lolololol

I hasted my BLUs :)
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-12-01 06:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

On the subject of Haste, what with all the "Takes time to proc." I see everywhere?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-01 06:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Instead of a total job rework that seems unlikely to happen, I think that you could fix the desirability of both RDM and Sch with these three adjustments:
1) Make helices give +20% damage to the matching element for their duration.
2) Make all Enhancing Magic stack with Accession, no exceptions.
3) Give Temper to party members and alliance members and not able to use on self.

RDM would still be a pretty shitty melee, which is fine, but at least a decent healer and party buffer. SCH would still be confused in the healing department. Enspells are not worth talking about so why bring it up

However, it would turn RDM into a a good support mage for parties and SCH into the alliance-friendly nuker. One job would see a lot more action than they do currently.

*Fixed it for ya. I'm sure that's what you actually meant.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-01 06:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

On the subject of Haste, what with all the "Takes time to proc." I see everywhere?

Answers aren't given to this question cause it takes time to learn, just like haste takes time to proc.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-01 06:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

As a 75 Rdm main for my 1st job in 04' then on through till 08' it was my main job. I delighted in going above, and beyond the call of duty. Having flawless cycles. Passing out enfeebles, cures, enhancements between hastes, and refresh. Even to the point of finding some practically useless things to toss around just cause I had shaved a second or two off cycles, and wanted to display that.

Honestly though at this point in the game that sort of Nazi masochist perfectionism is few, and far between. Players now are far more casual. Even the left over derelicts from the early days. Honestly I have to admit to my own share of casualidice. Have to say I am in favor of ascension applying to anything applicable in your spell list.

I can find other ways to satisfy my perfectionist OCD on rdm, and do without the tedious nature of haste/refresh cycles.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-01 06:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant what I wrote. Making self-target spells AoE based on the Accession timer seems more likely than inventing a new class of spells that you can't cast on yourself.

Enspell IIs are competing with Bard status-resistance songs as the most poorly conceived set of spells in the game, which is why I pointed them out.

Also, I have never been a huge fan of meleeing on RDM and haven't had a real melee build since 75, but situations where you are willing to give up things like Auspice, Cureskin, and Cure V/VI for Temper/Enspells would be the same situations where RDM meleeing is most viable. Slaughtering EP-low T monsters.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-01 06:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant what I wrote. Making self-target spells AoE based on the Accession timer seems more likely than inventing a new class of spells that you can't cast on yourself.

Enspell IIs are competing with Bard status-resistance songs as the most poorly conceived set of spells in the game, which is why I pointed them out.

No that's not the point I was making....
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-01 06:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, you were using the opportunity to make the point that RDM is a worse DD than melee jobs. It would have been more apt if you had pointed out that it's a worse DD than WHM, which is actually its competition.
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-12-01 06:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, you were using the opportunity to make the point that RDM is a worse DD than melee jobs. It would have been more apt if you had pointed out that it's a worse DD than WHM, which is actually its competition.
Huh? You wanna DD? level another job entirely.
[+]
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-01 06:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It would have been more apt to say rdm doesn't need to scratch a mob to add more tp to it for the dmg to tp comparison it does/gives. If you wanna solo rdm melee fine go ahead, but the times of rdm melee in parties stopped in qufim if you absolutely needed it. And it shouldn't ever melee in party setting after that.
By Jessse 2011-12-01 06:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM doesnt need hastega. but i did think of something that would be cool and unique for rdm. give them a /ja or stance that makes their self buffs have a Sphere effect. that would make them a better enhancer. and maybe to keep things on an even keel, make it like the Sphere effect so that even though its "active" on yourself, you dont get the effect. then you can have your 10' radius hastega and a fair exchange of not stealing the spot light from blu/smns verison of it.

in all honestly when the cap is 99 and we have our endgame set, RDM will be wanted for their enfeebles again. provided the mobs arent all immune to everything >.>
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-12-01 06:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Jessse said: »
in all honestly when the cap is 99 and we have our endgame set, RDM will be wanted for their enfeebles again. provided the mobs arent all immune to everything >.>

Here's to hoping >_>