[Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » [Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)
[Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-12-01 18:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
i mean keeping 3 ppl constantly hasted/refreshed is in no way the same as a whm who "casted" <-- past tense Cure5 and then stopped....

I've been in parties where it wasn't really necessary to haste or refresh more than 3. I mean clearly if your in a dd party then you don't need to refresh anyone but yourself. You don't need to haste or refresh the brd either, though if they are /whm you technically could but it's probably a waste of time. You don't always have to play at 100% either. If you're seal farming or doing something easy, then it may not be needed anyhow.

That being said, if you are in a party that needs you to preform better and you don't, then it's all on you. I personally want to excel and do the absolute best I possibly can to either help the party succeed or make things faster/better.

I made it my personal goal to ensure anything I could do was done. Sure that's my play style but I can assure you that people grow to respect you as a player when you aren't dragging the bare minimum.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-01 18:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Why level the job if you don't want to play it properly?

Properly is subjective. and ppl can level just because they like playing the job. it might not be ideal to you if they dont play it to your standards but its a game.. so really they have no obligation to play any job and certain way...

So is it cool if I don't cast any spells or ever engage the mob on BLU? Or if I suddenly forget cure on WHM? Get real.

sure idc. its not like i would invite you to anything that it would effect me... also no casting spells and not engaging is an extreme example of not playing the job "properly".

So when a RDM isn't doing their proper cycle, that's casting spells?

umm... yes? if i cast haste/refresh on 3 ppl im casting spells am i not? srsly..

That's the equivalent of me casting cure V once and then forgetting the next time the mob casts a spell.

no its not. why do you go to extremes in ur arguments? really. i mean keeping 3 ppl constantly hasted/refreshed is in no way the same as a whm who "casted" <-- past tense Cure5 and then stopped....

No it's the exact same thing. *** laziness. Don't get on the job if you aren't going to do it properly when someone who could do it properly can take the slot instead.

umm... /kick /invitepersonwhoplaysbetter? seriously what are u complaining about. if the way someone plays a game isnt good enough for you then dont invite them... invite SOMEONE ELSE.... so what is ur argument against that? xD seriously if ur TOO LAZY to invite someone who can play the job then its ur own fault. i mean ***ur prolly already have a group of ppl you think play their ***right. so why would this even bother u.

unless of course a pick up party you join is full of these ppl. but thats the risk you run with playing a MMO... so really you should be prepared for it.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-01 18:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When did keeping a Haste/Refresh order become an integral and fun part of RDM gameplay instead of the necessary annoyance that I remember it as? How do we as a playerbase benefit from being unable to Accession Haste and Refresh? Why is there anyone arguing against this change?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-12-01 18:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm always prepared for those people in PUG. that's what /leave and /kick are for.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
When did keeping a Haste/Refresh order become an integral and fun part of RDM gameplay instead of the necessary annoyance that I remember it as? How do we as a playerbase benefit from being unable to Accession Haste and Refresh? Why is there anyone arguing against this change?

I honestly have no clue. If not by accession, then some JA, if not that, let Rdm cast more enhancements on others (why the ***are so many spells self target, how does this help us benefit the party...)
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-01 18:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Arguing against not doing it, not the change. Until it is changed, do your job.
 Lakshmi.Naokoyume
Server: Lakshmi
user: Naokoyume
By Lakshmi.Naokoyume 2011-12-01 18:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh. I always hope and pray that RDMs will get an interesting thread, either here or on the forums. And then I look.
-Melee thread
-Melee thread
-How I rdm melee?
-Cure 5 prz
-Screw cure 5, I wanna be a war/whm
-BUFFING IS HAAAAAAARD

And then I remember why I don't go on the official forums.

Okay, sure, accession is neat, haste accession would be neat for all mages, whatever. But every time I see a rdm whine about how hard or annoying cycles are when you have copious amounts of fastcast and a 90% duration buff from gear and set bonus, I die a little inside. No, wait, that would be every time I look at the official rdm forums.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. I'm not saying I've never fallen asleep during refresh cycles at 3am and thus auto-ran into the eye wall in dyna (best run ever). All I'm saying is, jesus christ, why do people think buff cycles are so bad? This is why SE doesn't give rdm nice things.

Quote:
This contradicts their "vision" of RDM turning party members into "demi-gods" though lol.
I'm pretty sure they corrected that. As far as I recall, it was a typo intended to be something along the lines of "turning THEMSELVES into demi-gods."

EDIT - I guess I should admit, I did find cycling refresh on 5 blms years ago to be pretty terrible, especially when you had to run around to find them all. 3 hastes and a couple of refresh, though? It's over quickly and then you focus on other stuff for 4+ minutes (with duration bonuses). So what?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-12-01 18:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't really make much sense tbh. I recall a normal goblin RDM mob being able to cast Hastega in oldton molvapolos near bugbear strongmen, so RDM can do it! Unless he is a Time Mage?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-01 18:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Doesn't really make much sense tbh. I recall a normal goblin RDM mob being able to cast Hastega in oldton molvapolos near bugbear strongmen, so RDM can do it! Unless he is a Time Mage?

no but unlike other rdms he plays his job properly! >.>
[+]
By Drjones 2011-12-02 08:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Because correcting bad game design is taboo.
 Siren.Nehalania
Server: Siren
user: Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-12-02 22:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they corrected that. As far as I recall, it was a typo intended to be something along the lines of "turning THEMSELVES into demi-gods.

Ahh okay, thanks. I didn't know it was a typo.
I agree with you on the refresh/haste cycle thing.
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-12-24 16:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Point is theres more then haste and refresh to rdm. keeping the tank and mages buffed is a must, the DD... well, if theres time it does help.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By esdain 2011-12-24 16:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
Really am not okay with mage jobs having it outside of monsters though.

Word that sounds a lot like punt.