First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Icon
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ic0n67
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-20 11:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20090420/hl_hsn/almost1in10youngvideogameusersaddicted

I didn't know 1 in 10 young game users played FFXI on Asura. Those people are psychotic and don't know how to /logout.
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-20 11:33:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Yahoo has the same piss poor journalism that claimed Pandemonium Warden was a required boss and was made to be impossible and out of spite by SE.

On the topic, addicted is an extremely subjective term to use, however, assuming their statistics are at least somewhat accurate, I would agree many people need to get out of their basements, get some fresh air and sunlight.
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 11:35:18

wow, that's really sad...

sad and twisted how the mind can get totally warped and starts this feeding.. that addiction.

i think it also happens, and can get to a point where ppl cant tell the difference between reality and fantasy.

parents also need to take some responsibility to try to be active with the kids.. but i see more and more stuff like this now these days. ;
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-20 11:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Are these the same people who say marijuana is addicting?
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 11:36:36

Ludoggy said:
Are these the same people who say marijuana is addicting?

probably lol

but still it's sad. if i had a kid, i'd yank him or her off that game and lock them and me outside for an hour or two.. make them go play lol

but also crap like this can make peeps anti-social these days too..
 Hades.Jacinda
Server: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-04-20 11:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I would agree many people need to get out of their basements, get some fresh air and sunlight.

I get lots of fresh air and sunlight on the way to work in morning, before I sit at my desk and wonder how long I have to wait until I can login again. >.>
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 11:38:13

too bad i spend a lot of my time in my hellhole job. i could use some sunlight myself :P

i guess kids flock to games because they get away from stress maybe? they can relax.. get away from the real world i guess. yahoo could be misinterpreting this for all we know
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 11:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
I would agree many people need to get out of their basements, get some fresh air and sunlight.

Meh, fresh air and sunlight is over-rated. ^^

J/K, but seriously, ya you're right. I want to get out more and do ***, but unfortunately money is pretty tight for me, so going out is pretty limited for me...even going to parks and ***requires gas money I don't wanna spend >.>
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-20 11:40:31

Ktjrn said:
yahoo could be misinterpreting this for all we know

Ya think? You should see some of the other garbage they publish. It's sad some of the ***that gets green-lighted. I bet they could convince millions that the boogyman and bigfoot live under their bed and will come out in your sleep to eat you unless you invest in their shares.

This reminds me of Eugine Merman's joke about how he hates it when people pull a *** statistic out of their *** to support their arguement no matter how untrue and unrealistic it is.

"Well I read that 90% of high school students don't know where Texas is on a map!"

So he'd just do the same thing but much more ridiculous to piss em off.

"Oh yeah? Well I read that 100% of Americans are Asian!"

"But you're not Asain..."

"I read I was!"
 Asura.Ktjrn
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-04-20 11:45:41

Artemicion said:
Ktjrn said:
yahoo could be misinterpreting this for all we know

Ya think? You should see some of the other garbage they publish. It's sad some of the ***that gets green-lighted. I bet they could convince millions that the boogyman and bigfoot live under their bed and will come out in your sleep to eat you unless you invest in their shares.

This reminds me of Eugine Merman's joke about how he hates it when people pull a *** statistic out of their *** to support their arguement no matter how untrue and unrealistic it is.

"Well I read that 90% of high school students don't know where Texas is on a map!"

So he'd just do the same thing but much more ridiculous to piss em off.

"Oh yeah? Well I read that 100% of Americans are Asian!"

"But you're not Asain..."

"I read I was!"

lawl gullible? {do you need it?)

maybe that's another reason why media and politics are so $*@#ed up :)
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-04-20 11:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
Full Story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20090420/hl_hsn/almost1in10youngvideogameusersaddicted

I didn't know 1 in 10 young game users played FFXI on Asura. Those people are psychotic and don't know how to /logout.

What's a /logout?

Real men use /shutdown :p

On topic though,

Yahoo is such garbage when it comes to news, I have seen so many trash articles come out of there in a short period of time that it just makes me sad.

While there are some addicts, people seem to just overemphasize it and blow it way out of proportion.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-20 11:51:07

Fyyvoaa said:
Yahoo is such garbage when it comes to news, I have seen so many trash articles come out of there in a short period of time that it just makes me sad.

While there are some addicts, people seem to just overemphasize it and blow it way out of proportion.

This.
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-20 11:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said:
Icon said:
Full Story:

What's a /logout?

On topic though

No ... you were on topic ... I was just taking a backhanded shot at the people I play with on Asura that never log out.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-20 12:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Icon said:
Fyyvoaa said:
Icon said:
Full Story:

What's a /logout?

On topic though

No ... you were on topic ... I was just taking a backhanded shot at the people I play with on Asura that never log out.

what about people who go afk in rolanberry market for a few days?
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-20 12:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Icon said:
Fyyvoaa said:
Icon said:
Full Story:

What's a /logout?

On topic though

what about people who go afk in rolanberry market for a few days?

I'd say congrats to them for discovering sunlight ... but I know a few that have a second character just to bazaar stuff 24/7 :-/
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-20 12:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You know...sunlight causes cancer...I'm never going outside again.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 12:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
You know...sunlight causes cancer...I'm never going outside again.

Seriously though, what doesn't cause cancer anymore?
 Ramuh.Sidi
Server: Ramuh
user: Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-20 12:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

playing ffxi doesn't!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 12:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidi said:
playing ffxi doesn't!

Not yet...

*waits for FFXI virus to ravage the community*
 Ifrit.Clouse
Server: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-04-20 12:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My /shutdown button broke and my pc runs on batteries, that you cant access. im forced to be an addict.
 Ramuh.Sidi
Server: Ramuh
user: Sidi
By Ramuh.Sidi 2009-04-20 12:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Sidi said:
playing ffxi doesn't!

Not yet...

*waits for FFXI virus to ravage the community*

Nooo!!!!
CALL IN THE FFXIHACKERS!!! Must manipulate the systems to never suspect ffxicancer :O
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-20 12:20:27

Life causes cancer. So enjoy that cheesecake, listen to that music nice and loud, play fun video games and laugh at the health freaks that'll in years to come be sitting in a hospital bed dying of nothing.

/end James Dean lecture.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-20 12:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Life causes cancer. So enjoy that cheesecake, listen to that music nice and loud, play fun video games and laugh at the health freaks that'll in years to come be sitting in a hospital bed dying of nothing.

/end James Dean lecture.

But it doesn't mean you gotta speed it up and be closer to your grave.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 12:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

According to this guy:

User submitted image

Humanity itself is the cancer. Reading the news daily, I'm inclined to agree with him...
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-20 12:26:29

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
According to this guy:

User submitted image

Humanity itself is the cancer. Reading the news daily, I'm inclined to agree with him...

Hugo Weaving is one crazy mother ***.
 Asura.Icon
By Asura.Icon 2009-04-20 12:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
According to this guy:

User submitted image

Hugo Weaving spoke to AdelaideNow about the return of Megatron in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen:

"I've already done it," Weaving says, adding Bay had told him to keep the news hush-hush. "He's over in LA and we were working on the video split sort of thing and I had this strange conversation where he seemed to imply it was all a big secret. So there you go, I've given you the secret scoop."

So how is Megatron resurrected?

Weaving is coy about revealing too much, but does give a tiny hint.

"I think in the last one, doesn't Optimus Prime pick up a little bit of, a little shard of the cube, or the thing that's left, and he takes it with him. Maybe there's something there... but I don't know," he laughs.

The sequel hits conventional and IMAX theaters on June 24.

User submitted image
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-20 12:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

I know right? I mean, just look at the *** face he's making, that ***would haunt my dreams...

Can you imagine being one of his kids? "OSHI AGENT SMITH IS PISSED OFF AT ME NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ^^
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-04-20 12:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If it means anything, all of our internal research at MMO companies I've worked for indicate that Yahoo's figures are actually quite conservative. Well over 10% of MMO players spend more than 70 hours/week in-game.

MMO's are now the #1 reason for academic failure and drop-out rates among college-age Americans.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-20 12:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Jaerik said:
If it means anything, all of our internal research at MMO companies I've worked for indicate that Yahoo's figures are actually quite conservative. Well over 10% of MMO players spend more than 70 hours/week in-game.

MMO's are now the #1 reason for academic failure and drop-out rates among college-age Americans.

Lazyness and Weed are *** pissed.
First Page 2 3 4 5