Do You Want 1,000,000 Gil?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Do you want 1,000,000 gil?
Do you want 1,000,000 gil?
First Page 2 3
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-04-19 11:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I find the state of our economy as an ever-shifting perpetual wave-form. It can shoot up, then shoot dramatically right back down. This is a topic that has been brought up time and again. For many of us, gaining money can be a true hassle. Yes, true, people say "farm", but they say this as if though by farming they can easily earn the sometimes hundreds of thousands of gil you require to obtain the most necessary of items. I have multiple 75 jobs and yet the most I've ever had at any one time was 1 million gil, perhaps a little more, although recently, I've only had a wavering cap of anything between 90k and 150k.

Aside from selling off all my armor, is there any truly viable way of obtaining the gil required for some of these high-cost yet highly-required items that I may need for my jobs? For instance, I'd like to someday get my hands on a Hedgehog Bomb, or perhaps a Hagun, or even perhaps a Noble's Tunic. These are small things, true, and aren't "job-makers" but, perhaps, it is mainly due to the fact that most people judge others by their equipment rather than their innate skill.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-04-19 11:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I do, gladly i only have 1 75 job and im just taking my time building on that before i truly work on a second job. Stay busy doing quests and missions as well.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-19 11:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lies, Noble's is a job maker D:
 Fairy.Conchita
Server: Fairy
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-04-19 11:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ENM BCNM KSNM ANNM ISNM... so many options to pick from besides the "farm". Especially if you have multiple 75 jobs, you should know about these things and that they can make you good/decent money.
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-19 11:59:25
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the people that have 8 figures sitting on them are the ones that have linkshells that sell high level gil to other players for ridiculous prices.

However, for more free will and easy going players such as myself, our options can look rather limited to farming, but there are numerous alternatives and other potential money making opportunities to utilize along with farming for maximum profit output.

Although more difficult with deflation and the ever going trend of undercutting, keeping a close eye on particular markets and taking advantage of "dry seasons" can prove quite worthy. Look at what you're able to produce and make yourself a watchlist and check on where they sell the most and most frequently and take advantage to the trend of desperate sales and controlled supply. Knowing when to buy and when to sell makes all the difference.

Also there are plenty of potentially profitable BCNMs and KSNMs to partake in. These are not even remotely reliable for making gil but the potential exists to make it big such as obtaining a Peacock Charm or a Serket Ring, etc. It's like playing the lotto, it's unlikely to win but you have a 0 chance if you don't play.

Be sure to partake in ENMs that can potentially drop a rare but relatively expensive item every 5 days. All you need is a group of friends willing to partake in this and it can prove equally profitable for them as well. Shouldn't be too hard to twist some arms. On the same basis, use some skilled group of friends to take down some sky pop item NMs and sell them to those who wish to patch up loose ends or get that extra pop in.

Hope this helps~
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-04-19 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dramanue said:
I find the state of our economy as an ever-shifting perpetual wave-form. It can shoot up, then shoot dramatically right back down. This is a topic that has been brought up time and again. For many of us, gaining money can be a true hassle. Yes, true, people say "farm", but they say this as if though by farming they can easily earn the sometimes hundreds of thousands of gil you require to obtain the most necessary of items. I have multiple 75 jobs and yet the most I've ever had at any one time was 1 million gil, perhaps a little more, although recently, I've only had a wavering cap of anything between 90k and 150k.

Aside from selling off all my armor, is there any truly viable way of obtaining the gil required for some of these high-cost yet highly-required items that I may need for my jobs? For instance, I'd like to someday get my hands on a Hedgehog Bomb, or perhaps a Hagun, or even perhaps a Noble's Tunic. These are small things, true, and aren't "job-makers" but, perhaps, it is mainly due to the fact that most people judge others by their equipment rather than their innate skill.

I find myself in the exact same situation, and really the only true way to make hundreds of gil is to do isnm/bcnm/ksnm, unless you are able to solo high lvl NMs or have a high lvl craft there are few options. I believe there is 1 KSNM that can make really good gil drops, and ISNM drop on khroma isn't too bad from my experiance, having 1-2 drop per group and they worth 300k.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-19 12:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

There's lots of ways to make money...farming is just one of the ways. You could do some low level BCNMs...I static Petrifying Pair with a couple friends of mine once a week, hoping for Leaping Boots or Utsusemi: Ni (had no luck on Ni yet but scored a couple pairs of boots over the course of a month or so). Assaults could make you some gil, convert your points into gear and sell it on the AH...something else I'm working on at the moment. Get involved in crafting, outside of the obvious synths that all the high levels do, there's money to be made in some lower level ***. Whenever I have some free time, I make Bug Broth...the mats are generally cheaper then the NPC price of the end product, and since I'm much higher level then the synth I tend to HQ quite a bit and make a better return on the gil I lay out to purchase the mats.

Cooking is a good craft to get into in that there's not many "loss" synths, as most of the mats can be gotten from regional vendors for pretty cheap if you've got max fame. Of course, because of it's accessibility (as opposed to say, Goldsmithing) there's a lot of competition...but food is obviously one of those things that sells often no matter what, as people are always buying it.

Anyways, just some suggestions. I tend to get a decent income from these things without having to spend hours upon hours farming...I'm not making millions by any stretch, but it's enough to keep my income up and support my costs.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-19 12:03:37

Long story put short for my previous post: Cover all your bases, or at least as many as you can at once.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-19 12:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tele-***.
Farm.
craft
Camp nm.
Bcnm
Enm
isnm
someotherNM

There is no secret to making money, it's hard work with a little luck =\
sure maybe if you are trying to spam ram leathers you gotta learn ram spawn areas and how to find them. but thats it.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-19 12:23:37

*tries scrolling down*

*is quickly disappointed*
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-19 12:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

alchemy and cooking. consumables win over armor period.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-19 12:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Littledarc said:

theres WW too if you wanna work it like that.
but theres alot of people to compeat with.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-19 13:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Littledarc said:

theres WW too if you wanna work it like that.
but theres alot of people to compeat with.

I'd consider WW a consumable-driven craft, too...making bolts and ninja tools and ***.

But yeah, I made the mistake of trying to get into leathercrafting right off the bat...spent 100k getting it to level 10, *** that noise >.<

I don't know personally, but I'd bet smithing, goldsmithing, clothcraft, and leather are all similar in terms of end result to your gil...and if you've gotta farm for mats to make any money, meh, I stick with vendor gotten *** ^^
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-19 13:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leather is more of a subcraft, unless you are going out and just selling ram leather.
Smithing, goldsmithing and cloth and spend alot of money on crafts and hope for a HQ for profit.
 Diabolos.Aphy
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-04-19 13:11:39

I do chocobo racing, personally from racing I make about 100-300k a week, just depending on how much time I put into it. You probably dont have the best chocobo like I do so instead if u want, 5 chocobo bucks turnes into a stack of vomp carrots, which u can AH or npc for about 5-6k a stack. And even with a so-so chocobo u can earn 5 bucks off two races. ^^ Thats a nice profit if you dont like to farm or cant find ppl to help with other stuff.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-04-19 13:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an old post (3rd one down on page 1) BUT it's germane to the discussion at hand.

Really though when it comes down to it, you're only limited by the amount of time you can punch in on the clock. If you don't have the ability to grind farm, then your best bet would be to slowly level a craft and use that to catapult yourself to riches...
 Lakshmi.Strey
Server: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-19 13:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I read the title wears my money D:
Is it here?
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-19 13:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Strey said:
I read the title wears my money D:
Is it here?

It was! I Took it. Sorry, Steal was up. I coudln't help my self
 Lakshmi.Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-19 13:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You made me a saaaaad panda.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-19 13:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

you mean mug?
 Lakshmi.Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-19 13:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No I ment panda.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-19 13:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

you're a dirty mithra.
 Lakshmi.Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-19 13:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a clean mithra, I took a shower this morning!
 Bahamut.Lorddarkshade
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lorddarkshade 2009-04-19 15:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Conchita said:
ENM BCNM KSNM ANNM ISNM... so many options to pick from besides the "farm". Especially if you have multiple 75 jobs, you should know about these things and that they can make you good/decent money.

Bold what is important. You should set up statics to do the ENMs every week. Start leveling crafts slowly with profit synths (easy cheap crafts to profit on early: cooking, woodworking, alchemy... You could try fishing too) Make a few mules and keep consumables on the AH. Get a constant stream of gil coming in. It isn't to hard. Good luck!
-Shade
 Fenrir.Rrylia
Server: Fenrir
user: Devinry
By Fenrir.Rrylia 2009-04-19 16:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Leather is more of a subcraft, unless you are going out and just selling ram leather.
Smithing, goldsmithing and cloth and spend alot of money on crafts and hope for a HQ for profit.

Not totally sure about that ^_^; I managed to make quite a lot levelling up Leathercraft, probably enough to pay for the last 10 or so levels (90-100) which is the pricey bit.

As for the other crafts being "HQ or bust", I agree this is the way a lot of people use them, but its probably not the best way to make money. Even with crafting, what someone mentioned above is definately true - you need to be aware of swings in supply / demand, prices of materials, availability, etc. I like to craft lots of things, some HQ 'attempts' alongside some more reliable lower tier synths (I see these as paying for the HQ attempts).
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-04-19 16:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think crafting has the most profit to be made not all the time but in the long run. i saw a guy make about 40m in a mater of 10 minutes he made 2+1 dust gloves so GL making gil

Ninja edit: i know the odds are low making 2 but it's all odds in this game
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-19 16:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Brahmdut said:
i saw a guy make about 40m in a mater of 10 minutes he made 2+1 dust gloves so GL making gil

Yeah, but to get to that point either takes a looooong time, or a looooot of gil.

To each their own obviously, but I look at cooking as not only making me some money (when I'm not too lazy to craft that is lol) but saving me a bunch in not having to buy my food from other people at a markup. But I know it ain't for everyone, and the payoffs aren't nearly as big as other things...we just make smaller amounts more regularly ^^
 Fairy.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Fairy.Spiriel 2009-04-19 17:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My method has been BCNM 40 Royal Jelly. A RDM/BLM (WHM/BLM can substitute if you've got strong DDs,) a DRG or SAM, and any other DD-esque job (I've done fine with NIN or PLD in the 3rd slot) shouldn't have much trouble at all. The BCNM can drop up to two scrolls of Ni and an Archer's Ring, all of which dance around the 400k mark on Fairy.

Would it really be all that hard to level WAR to 20 and DRG to 40? Hell, go for 42 and you can use your AF weapon, which makes it even cheaper. Typical gear at that level would be a Mercenary Captain's head, body, and belt, Battle Gloves, Brass Grip +1, any cape you want to use (Wolf Mantle +1 would be best, if you can swing it), two Dex rings or a Venerer+DEX or STR. Spike Necklace on the neck and you're done. You can use a Tilt Belt, but be aware that due to your damage output, you're the tank. Make friends with a Mage and a DD, and you've got yourself a Royal Jelly party. I've found a successful run nets you around 8-12k, even if you don't get the ideal drops. AH the craftables, NPC most of the weapons (there are exceptions like Grudge Sword.) And you may get up to 1.2 mil (on Fairy) for your trouble if you're exceptionally lucky. And as much soloing as I've done, Beastmen Seals aren't hard to come by at all.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-04-19 17:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone hates resellers but it is a great way to make gil fast. You need little startup money and if you choose the right items there is little risk. A friend of mine started with 1M and was over 18M in less than a month.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-04-19 18:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You gotta have money to make money @_@
First Page 2 3